Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile, just down the road... 20:32 - Jan 29 with 4369 views442Dale

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/topic/31118-fans-forum-with-the-chairman-liv

He's going to do it again!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 20:48 - Jan 29 with 4286 viewsBigKindo

New stadium plans on hold. Been gazumped on the site they chose. Though the guy was in property development. Trying to get a 111 year lease on Carrington training ground etc etc etc
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 20:50 - Jan 29 with 4268 viewspnc4eva1

There seems to be a great fairy tale being told. £7,000,000 to run the club over four years. People have read the accounts.

By the way if any Bury fans claim this board or myself to be obsessed please rephrase that to concerned.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 21:13 - Jan 29 with 4171 viewsdingdangblue

CCJ's - they just choose to pay late claiming 'most businesses do it'. 👍🏻

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 21:17 - Jan 29 with 4132 viewskiwidale

just had a gander on bury live fans forum I had to stop reading after this gem from Ian Thompson'

"Surprised to hear an audience strongly in support of SD. Personally, I think he is saying all the right things and I am sure we could not have a better chairman in place. "

You should have put it in the comedy thread.

This is not the time for bickering.

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 22:44 - Jan 29 with 3949 viewsRAFCBLUE

Other "highlights":

* £1.6m borrowed in October at 7% interest. £112k of cost per year just to still owe £1.6m (or 5,600 supporters paying £20). £2.2k per week would buy us a decent striker....

* bury "worth" £6.8m. Sure it is....

* bury fan assaults bury fan during the interval

2016/17 accounts due soon. Should make light of the questions not asked/answered tonight.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 22:51 - Jan 29 with 3920 viewsTVOS1907

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 22:44 - Jan 29 by RAFCBLUE

Other "highlights":

* £1.6m borrowed in October at 7% interest. £112k of cost per year just to still owe £1.6m (or 5,600 supporters paying £20). £2.2k per week would buy us a decent striker....

* bury "worth" £6.8m. Sure it is....

* bury fan assaults bury fan during the interval

2016/17 accounts due soon. Should make light of the questions not asked/answered tonight.

*bury fan assaults bury fan during the interval

The actual line is: 'Went to the toilet during the break and one fan physically assaulted another who was sat down.'

Make your own jokes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 22:53 - Jan 29 with 3905 viewsD_Alien

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 22:51 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

The actual line is: 'Went to the toilet during the break and one fan physically assaulted another who was sat down.'

Make your own jokes.

Payback time in lieu?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 23:00 - Jan 29 with 3867 viewsClivert

Make your own jokes.

Did he have the shit knocked out of him?
Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 23:03 - Jan 29 with 3845 views100notout

Make your own jokes.

did the shit hit the fan?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 23:06 - Jan 29 with 3837 viewskiwidale

Make your own jokes.

'Went to the toilet during the break and one fan physically assaulted another who was sat down.''

have I got this right?..... a bury fan was sat down having a shit when another bury fan snotted him?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2018 23:10]

This is not the time for bickering.

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 23:34 - Jan 29 with 3748 viewsdingdangblue

Make your own jokes.

'Shithouse'!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 13:24 - Jan 30 with 3301 viewsdingdangblue

Stewie really is the Milky bar kid! The one chance they have of actually getting him in a room and putting him on the spot over what's going on over there (I know they reckoned it was pre determined questions and no follow ups from the floor - but seriously - you just have to make sure the doubters sit together and force him to answer this time)!
Now they are getting a Sports bar built, student flats - and Stewie has a £60 million property deal going through this week! Oh dear! The milky bars are on him.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 16:59]

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 14:41 - Jan 30 with 3178 viewsShun

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 13:24 - Jan 30 by dingdangblue

Stewie really is the Milky bar kid! The one chance they have of actually getting him in a room and putting him on the spot over what's going on over there (I know they reckoned it was pre determined questions and no follow ups from the floor - but seriously - you just have to make sure the doubters sit together and force him to answer this time)!
Now they are getting a Sports bar built, student flats - and Stewie has a £60 million property deal going through this week! Oh dear! The milky bars are on him.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2018 16:59]

Why does a town with no university need student flats?
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 15:09 - Jan 30 with 3100 viewsMolly

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 14:41 - Jan 30 by Shun

Why does a town with no university need student flats?

Bury College offers higher level and degree courses in conjunction with The University of Bolton.
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 15:24 - Jan 30 with 3056 viewsShun

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 15:09 - Jan 30 by Molly

Bury College offers higher level and degree courses in conjunction with The University of Bolton.

Fairynuff.
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 16:01 - Jan 30 with 2971 viewsaleanddale

TBF the £60 million deal might not be in bury....

Regardless if the deal is £60 000 000 this is likely to be turnover ( if true )

The basic business acumen amongst that lot is staggeringly bad.

The best one for me is the international soccer school will bring in £500 000 profit!!

WOWZER!!

One lag suggested to net that profit you would need a turnover of £1.5million!! Not sure what industry he works in but returning a Nett profit of 33% is near on impossible.

In context the t/o would have to be closer to £6 000 000 so £116k a week.

If a kids session was £20 (generous) they would need 5800 kids / attendees a week or 830 kids / attendees per night - every night (365 ) to return what is being claimed.

830 kids per night!!!

I hope they were dishing out face wipes last night for all the white chocolate smeared faces!
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 17:17 - Jan 30 with 2784 viewsBURYFC_1885

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 16:01 - Jan 30 by aleanddale

TBF the £60 million deal might not be in bury....

Regardless if the deal is £60 000 000 this is likely to be turnover ( if true )

The basic business acumen amongst that lot is staggeringly bad.

The best one for me is the international soccer school will bring in £500 000 profit!!

WOWZER!!

One lag suggested to net that profit you would need a turnover of £1.5million!! Not sure what industry he works in but returning a Nett profit of 33% is near on impossible.

In context the t/o would have to be closer to £6 000 000 so £116k a week.

If a kids session was £20 (generous) they would need 5800 kids / attendees a week or 830 kids / attendees per night - every night (365 ) to return what is being claimed.

830 kids per night!!!

I hope they were dishing out face wipes last night for all the white chocolate smeared faces!

As someone who went to last nights event.. Day said the £60M deal concerns a development in London.

He then told myself the same story 10 minutes later but used a £50M figure, so make of that what you will.

Day talks a good game, we all know that. As a result some are drawn into his imagination. I for one remain far from convinced considering his track record of failed plans.

He claims our youth academy can keep is going for years to come, with him turning down £1M for 3 youth players recently and Watford have put an unsuccessful bid in for someone who hasn't made a first team appearance.

The CCJ questions were quickly brushed aside by conman Glen Thomas. One man who spoke up and demanded answers on the financial side was immediately shot down and insulted by numerous members of the audience.

Day talks a good game, time will tell if he's telling the truth I suppose. He said he regretted the 5 year plan idea and made sure to re-affirm numerous times that he's here for the long run. Debts secured against Gigg Lane are guaranteed by one of his other ventures. Red herring if you ask me.
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 17:32 - Jan 30 with 2741 viewsColDale

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 17:17 - Jan 30 by BURYFC_1885

As someone who went to last nights event.. Day said the £60M deal concerns a development in London.

He then told myself the same story 10 minutes later but used a £50M figure, so make of that what you will.

Day talks a good game, we all know that. As a result some are drawn into his imagination. I for one remain far from convinced considering his track record of failed plans.

He claims our youth academy can keep is going for years to come, with him turning down £1M for 3 youth players recently and Watford have put an unsuccessful bid in for someone who hasn't made a first team appearance.

The CCJ questions were quickly brushed aside by conman Glen Thomas. One man who spoke up and demanded answers on the financial side was immediately shot down and insulted by numerous members of the audience.

Day talks a good game, time will tell if he's telling the truth I suppose. He said he regretted the 5 year plan idea and made sure to re-affirm numerous times that he's here for the long run. Debts secured against Gigg Lane are guaranteed by one of his other ventures. Red herring if you ask me.

one thing which puzzled me - if he was out bid for a piece of land within the Bury area by another party, surely the sale of such a plot would be in the public domain by now? Even more so given the scale of what was talked about.
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 18:01 - Jan 30 with 2637 viewsaleanddale

Meanwhile, just down the road... on 17:17 - Jan 30 by BURYFC_1885

one thing is certain - he owns a few mirrors and a high output smoke machine!

looks like you go into year 6 with him.

Good luck.

what a heinous man.
Meanwhile, just down the road... on 19:03 - Jan 30 with 2491 viewsshawclough_dale

The Monorail Song https://g.co/kgs/6Lj5Fz
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024