Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! 12:13 - Feb 10 with 27375 viewsClivert

https://t.co/UlGFj2XKt5
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:41 - Feb 10 with 4156 viewsTTNYear

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:40 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

Who has said the drains are knackered? The newly laid pitch drained fine last season.

And if they need sorting they can be looked at in the summer as part of the planned work.

I hope you're right.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:45 - Feb 10 with 4129 viewsscarrow

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:37 - Feb 10 by DevonDale

But we're not tackling the fundamental problem, which us the lack of drainage...

The drainage isn't the issue it's the fact that the turf was sodden so the water wasn't even reaching the drains.

Poll: Final position

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:45 - Feb 10 with 4128 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:41 - Feb 10 by electricblue

Isnt there snow forecast on sunday aswell !

Question..
Who is paying for the pitch to be relaid and at what cost !

The way i see it the dome should have been immediately reinflated immediately after tuesday night match and work on the pitch which would have given the ground staff exactly 11 workable days..
Now they are going to relay the pitch why oh why..
Have the club not learned from the pitch problems from last Feb to today.....

See the Bradford video. While the pitch wasn’t perfect it was fine from Feb until May. Met our requirements despite misgivings on here (inc. myself!), it did the job.

That’s what we need now and will have more resources going off what was said about support from the FA.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:46 - Feb 10 with 4120 viewsShun

It's needed and should make the rest of the season easier, but the Spurs game potentially harder if it plays like it did when we did the same last year.

Ultimately though we've had ONE home game in a whole MONTH now, yet we're relaying the pitch a week before the biggest game at Spotland in a generation.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:46 - Feb 10 with 4118 viewselectricblue

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:45 - Feb 10 by scarrow

The drainage isn't the issue it's the fact that the turf was sodden so the water wasn't even reaching the drains.

Which points to the issue of having rugby played at spotland....
As long as the Hornets play there will always be continuous pitch problems......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:47 - Feb 10 with 4103 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:41 - Feb 10 by TTNYear

I hope you're right.

Me too. There are no guarantees it’s the right decision, but persevering with the current surface is clearly not an option.

The drill and fill was meant to assist with drainage but we’ve gone from the pitch being ok with no inspection planned to one which has surface water on it after a night of rain. That situation can’t carry on.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:48 - Feb 10 with 4094 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:46 - Feb 10 by electricblue

Which points to the issue of having rugby played at spotland....
As long as the Hornets play there will always be continuous pitch problems......

Not at all. The pitch was knackered this season before they even played on it.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:49 - Feb 10 with 4073 viewsTVOS1907

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:41 - Feb 10 by electricblue

Isnt there snow forecast on sunday aswell !

Question..
Who is paying for the pitch to be relaid and at what cost !

The way i see it the dome should have been immediately reinflated immediately after tuesday night match and work on the pitch which would have given the ground staff exactly 11 workable days..
Now they are going to relay the pitch why oh why..
Have the club not learned from the pitch problems from last Feb to today.....

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:51 - Feb 10 with 4056 views100notout

Its worth bearing in mind that although it wasn't a brilliant surface, and it has rained rained rained and the club have been inept in trying to address problems, etc etc etc. the root cause of this whole embarrassing debacle is that a decision was made by the then groundsman to put tonnes of building sand onto the pitch . He apparently (and quite rightly imho) has been sacked.

Its still very embarrassing and 7 days for a new pitch to bed in is insufficient time but its the lesser of two evils. Lets hope the new groundsman looks after this pitch better than the previous one

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:53 - Feb 10 with 4039 viewsDaley_Lama

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:40 - Feb 10 by 442Dale

Who has said the drains are knackered? The newly laid pitch drained fine last season.

And if they need sorting they can be looked at in the summer as part of the planned work.

I’m not saying the drains are knackered.

I would challenge that the newly laid pitch drained fine however, the Port Vale postponement was testament to that being incorrect.

It rained a little bit that day and i mean a little bit, game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch. Think we had played 1 or 2 games on it by then.

Poll: DF in or out

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:53 - Feb 10 with 4030 viewsMoonyDale

How much do these inflatable covers cost? And could the trust get involved in raising money towards said covers, we did it for the training pitch why not for covers.? It may take a while to get there but surely with our weather they would be put to damn good use and save money in the long term...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:57 - Feb 10 with 3990 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:53 - Feb 10 by Daley_Lama

I’m not saying the drains are knackered.

I would challenge that the newly laid pitch drained fine however, the Port Vale postponement was testament to that being incorrect.

It rained a little bit that day and i mean a little bit, game was called off due to a waterlogged pitch. Think we had played 1 or 2 games on it by then.

No I know, was replying to someone else who said they may be a problem.

A fair point on the Vale game, it had been fine v Charlton (I think) when there was a lot of rain. Will have a look into it later.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:01 - Feb 10 with 3967 viewsDaley_Lama

Can’t change the past, just learn for the future is where i’m coning from.

Sinply don’t want a repeat of last season. Agree that by may it had improved, only to ve removed once more.

If we play on a new pitch next Sunday that will be 4 different pitches that Dale have played on in 13 months. If we haven’t learnt owt by now, we maybe can’t learn anything more and be stuck in an eternal cycle.

Poll: DF in or out

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:04 - Feb 10 with 3929 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:01 - Feb 10 by Daley_Lama

Sinply don’t want a repeat of last season. Agree that by may it had improved, only to ve removed once more.

If we play on a new pitch next Sunday that will be 4 different pitches that Dale have played on in 13 months. If we haven’t learnt owt by now, we maybe can’t learn anything more and be stuck in an eternal cycle.

Totally agree. To learn there has to be a level of accountability. We’ve seen enough in the Trust questions and the pitch situation that this doesn’t appear to exist in terms of ensuring supporters know they accept mistakes have been made.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:06 - Feb 10 with 3907 viewsDaleiLama

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:01 - Feb 10 by Daley_Lama

According to NBLG, there will be a "Full Monty" new pitch in the summer which will be done properly and (if memory serves) he stated might last 5 or even 7 years tops.

If you are still reading NBLG, are you prepared to back up any of your various claims to authenticate them. Everything you have said so far seems to have come to pass, so it would seem your source of information is reliable?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:08 - Feb 10 with 3884 viewsdingdangblue

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:23 - Feb 10 by BlueDales

By the sound of it, the club have done very little to get the Fleetwood game on. Why did this work not start on Wednesday, given that they could surely have seen that rain would call off today's match?

I'm not sure that would have gone down too well with Millwall. We play their game on half a sandpit , get through then rip up the pitch a day later. Plus there is todays game which would have had to be postponed beforehand (I know it has anyway but I'm not sure Fleetwood would have agreed last Wednesday. At least this way we can blame the elements.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:11 - Feb 10 with 3865 viewsBobbyjoe

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 12:53 - Feb 10 by MoonyDale

How much do these inflatable covers cost? And could the trust get involved in raising money towards said covers, we did it for the training pitch why not for covers.? It may take a while to get there but surely with our weather they would be put to damn good use and save money in the long term...

The inflatable cover seems to be the long-term answer. It would be useful to know what the annual cost of owning/renting and running one would be. If it's about the same as a player, so be it. Our weather does seem to be getting worse.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:15 - Feb 10 with 3828 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:11 - Feb 10 by Bobbyjoe

The inflatable cover seems to be the long-term answer. It would be useful to know what the annual cost of owning/renting and running one would be. If it's about the same as a player, so be it. Our weather does seem to be getting worse.

It does 28 hours rain in the last day.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 13:35 - Feb 10 with 3688 viewsdale_spotland

It’s not ideal having to relay the pitch in a week, however if we’re in a situation where it was going to take a Millwallesque effort to keep games being played and our players safe it needed doing.

I’m also glad as it will stop us getting slated on national TV with the old uneducated cliche’s of the lower league team using the pitch as an equaliser.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 14:03 - Feb 10 with 3569 views100569

The pitch is to be relayed. Apparently the dome is coming back and with the assistance of an FA groundsman his staff and eqpt. this pitch will be laid properly and fit for purpose I would assume.
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 14:05 - Feb 10 with 3551 views442Dale

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 14:03 - Feb 10 by 100569

The pitch is to be relayed. Apparently the dome is coming back and with the assistance of an FA groundsman his staff and eqpt. this pitch will be laid properly and fit for purpose I would assume.

This is the news we all want to hear.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 14:07 - Feb 10 with 3546 views49thseason

Research from Washington State University on sand -based pitches and why they often don't work.
"We build fields out of sand to take advantage of the natural drainage properties of sand. Sand fields are meant to perform when conditions are too wet for soil fields. We don’t use sand because it is easy to grow turf on (it’s not!). We don’t use sand because turf will hold up better under traffic (it doesn’t!). We use sand because it can provide a firm surface even when the rain is pouring down"

https://puyallup.wsu.edu/turf/sand-fields/
Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 14:26 - Feb 10 with 3472 viewsdale1968

All this is just guesswork.
None of us know the amount of work that will be done over the next week.
It may be a full rebuild or it may be a strip and relay.
A lot will depend on which company or companies is doing the work.
Either way it is great news and should allow us to fulfill our fixtures.
In respect of the Airdome cost I found this info.
The costs involved with installing these semi permanent Multisport structures can vary greatly between £80k and £700k depending on a whole host of factors including area size and location of the project, the different sports being used within the air dome and the type of structure you require.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 15:02 - Feb 10 with 3327 viewsDaleiLama

First footage to come out of COA after the relay has started?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Pitch to be relaid - work starts tonight! on 16:09 - Feb 10 with 3113 viewsClivert

With the national media spotlight being on us this coming week I would like to think there would daily pitch updates and photos coming out of the club.

The club is very much under pressure now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024