Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberts. 22:24 - Feb 27 with 11211 viewslifelong

I like him.
Roberts. on 09:05 - Feb 28 with 3155 viewsbuilthjack

He puts the effort in, fair play to him. He can also get forward.
Ease him in, and hope he makes it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Roberts. on 09:11 - Feb 28 with 3133 viewsMartyrman57

swanfor the money makes reference to some of our supporters dragging players down and lo and behold DYSS appears 😱. Perfect timing !
Roberts. on 10:04 - Feb 28 with 3069 viewsTheResurrection

I wasn't impressed last night but see some talent there. I thought he looked a bit complacent here and there and maybe he's enjoying this run in the first team a bit too much.

But he's got the resources and tools and I'm hopeful he can improve. But forget replacing Naughton with him just yet. No chance.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Roberts. on 10:17 - Feb 28 with 3053 viewsMoscowJack

I thought he did ok - as LiG said, not excellent and not poor. He's adequate cover for Naughton for now but we definitely need an upgrade on Naughton in the summer (stating the obvious there).

What was noticeable, at times, was players not passing to him, deciding to turn and play the ball the other way instead. Whether that was because of a lack of options ahead of him or lack of trust, I'm not sure, but it happened too often to be a coincidence.

My MOTM was VDH. Apart from the odd silly free kick, he was superb. On the other hand, Fede was very dodgy indeed.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Roberts. on 10:25 - Feb 28 with 3039 viewsthe_oracle

No pace.
Roberts. on 10:29 - Feb 28 with 3033 viewsWarwickHunt

Roberts. on 10:17 - Feb 28 by MoscowJack

I thought he did ok - as LiG said, not excellent and not poor. He's adequate cover for Naughton for now but we definitely need an upgrade on Naughton in the summer (stating the obvious there).

What was noticeable, at times, was players not passing to him, deciding to turn and play the ball the other way instead. Whether that was because of a lack of options ahead of him or lack of trust, I'm not sure, but it happened too often to be a coincidence.

My MOTM was VDH. Apart from the odd silly free kick, he was superb. On the other hand, Fede was very dodgy indeed.

VDH was outstanding last night. Ayew was the game changer - as Stuart James wrote in today's Guardian, Routledge "was a substitution waiting to happen."
Roberts. on 10:33 - Feb 28 with 3025 viewsjack_lord

Roberts. on 10:29 - Feb 28 by WarwickHunt

VDH was outstanding last night. Ayew was the game changer - as Stuart James wrote in today's Guardian, Routledge "was a substitution waiting to happen."

If there was an award for most improved over the season, VDH would win it by a mile.

Is Routledge's contract up this year?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Roberts. on 10:39 - Feb 28 with 3013 viewsAl_Bundy

Roberts. on 10:33 - Feb 28 by jack_lord

If there was an award for most improved over the season, VDH would win it by a mile.

Plenty of time for him to improve.
Login to get fewer ads

Roberts. on 10:40 - Feb 28 with 3010 viewsbuilthjack

Yes, I believe so. How many other Premier League team have a 33 year old winger?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Roberts. on 10:43 - Feb 28 with 3004 viewsLeonWasGod

Roberts. on 10:29 - Feb 28 by WarwickHunt

Quite. I thought Carroll had a good game to, but that probably goes against common opinion. He was always available and busy, covered every blade, kept us ticking over and pretty much made the first goal. In a match (especially first half) where our movement was generally awful he was constantly on the move.

I'm glad I went, as I expect that was us saying goodbye to Routs and thanking him for being a good servant. I'd be amazed if we see him in a Swans shirt again after that showing.
Roberts. on 10:45 - Feb 28 with 2997 viewsWarwickHunt

Roberts. on 10:43 - Feb 28 by LeonWasGod

Quite. I thought Carroll had a good game to, but that probably goes against common opinion. He was always available and busy, covered every blade, kept us ticking over and pretty much made the first goal. In a match (especially first half) where our movement was generally awful he was constantly on the move.

I'm glad I went, as I expect that was us saying goodbye to Routs and thanking him for being a good servant. I'd be amazed if we see him in a Swans shirt again after that showing.

"I'd be amazed if we see him in a Swans shirt again after that showing."

Groundhog Day...
Roberts. on 10:46 - Feb 28 with 2995 viewsLeonWasGod

Roberts. on 10:45 - Feb 28 by WarwickHunt

"I'd be amazed if we see him in a Swans shirt again after that showing."

Groundhog Day...

Good point!
Roberts. on 10:58 - Feb 28 with 2970 viewsjasper_T

Roberts. on 10:17 - Feb 28 by MoscowJack

Agreed on vdH.

There didn't seem to be a clear plan on how we were attacking down the right (or in general before Ayew came on). A few times Roberts made decent over- or underlapping runs that weren't just ignored, he was given a talking to by Dyer etc. afterwards, as if he was expected to hold his position behind play. Considering we had vdH and at least one of the midfielders backing up that flank at all times, and how little Weds were pushing forward in that first half, it was a little strange.

If we're going to play wingbacks let them loose (against a poor Championship outfit at home).
Roberts. on 11:02 - Feb 28 with 2967 viewsMoscowJack

Routs has a contract until 30.06.2019.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Roberts. on 11:04 - Feb 28 with 2964 viewsWarwickHunt

Roberts. on 11:02 - Feb 28 by MoscowJack

Are we a registered charity now?
Roberts. on 11:22 - Feb 28 with 2935 viewsYossarian

Roberts. on 08:58 - Feb 28 by jacktheripper

After Naughtons display against Brighton i would suggest he was also playing at the wrong level!

People tend to forget that Ben was understandably edgy and it took him a little time to properly settle down- and he had Monk, Ash, etc to help him. I think Connor has done really well so far and is definitely making progress. It wouldn’t have happened under Clement, so well done Carlos...and Curt for pushing him.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Roberts. on 11:42 - Feb 28 with 2917 viewsswanforthemoney

Roberts. on 11:02 - Feb 28 by MoscowJack

Routledge seems fit enough, I cant see hes carrying an injury. He has experience, he was a reasonably dependable if unspectacular player for several years for us. He's playing in a formation that is closer to the way we were playing a few years ago, when he fitted in nicely.
The problem is that he just cant seem to find our men with a pass. Relentlessly loses possession. Even against lower league clubs. Its a great pity, I guess its just age caught up with him. I hate to say it, but I would rather not see him in the team on this form, the form he has shown for a couple of seasons now.

In respect of the contract renewal which, whenever it was, surprised us all. I suspect that the new owners would have wanted all the playing staff locked in when they bought the club. I recognise the approach of locking in supposedly key employees from my experience of working for firms that were taken over. It happened on two occasions. On each occasion some unspectacular employees did OK for themselves. .

I stand in the North Stand

Roberts. on 11:51 - Feb 28 with 2911 viewsjack247

Roberts. on 11:42 - Feb 28 by swanforthemoney

Routledge seems fit enough, I cant see hes carrying an injury. He has experience, he was a reasonably dependable if unspectacular player for several years for us. He's playing in a formation that is closer to the way we were playing a few years ago, when he fitted in nicely.
The problem is that he just cant seem to find our men with a pass. Relentlessly loses possession. Even against lower league clubs. Its a great pity, I guess its just age caught up with him. I hate to say it, but I would rather not see him in the team on this form, the form he has shown for a couple of seasons now.

In respect of the contract renewal which, whenever it was, surprised us all. I suspect that the new owners would have wanted all the playing staff locked in when they bought the club. I recognise the approach of locking in supposedly key employees from my experience of working for firms that were taken over. It happened on two occasions. On each occasion some unspectacular employees did OK for themselves. .

He is only really there to give Jordan a rest during cup games now. With Bony injured, McBurnie on loan and Andre cup tied, he’s all we really have.

He is still a decent enough option from the bench if we are hanging on to a lead and need to relieve pressure for the last 5 or 10 minutes. Other than those two situations, he isn’t going to play.
Roberts. on 11:56 - Feb 28 with 2907 viewsjasper_T

Roberts. on 11:51 - Feb 28 by jack247

He is only really there to give Jordan a rest during cup games now. With Bony injured, McBurnie on loan and Andre cup tied, he’s all we really have.

He is still a decent enough option from the bench if we are hanging on to a lead and need to relieve pressure for the last 5 or 10 minutes. Other than those two situations, he isn’t going to play.

What makes him a decent option? I'm sorry, Carlos but I don't see it.

He must be spectacular in training.
Roberts. on 11:59 - Feb 28 with 2900 viewsjasper_T

If we want to hang on and relieve pressure why would we call on Routledge, who gives the ball away more often than not, and plays around with it on the edge of our box when the ball does fall to him in defence (not as if he can tackle, is it)?
Roberts. on 12:00 - Feb 28 with 2899 viewsLegend83

I would say the complete opposite now! Routledge seems to be the master of losing possession which puts the team under even more pressure.
Roberts. on 12:09 - Feb 28 with 2884 viewsjack247

Roberts. on 11:56 - Feb 28 by jasper_T

What makes him a decent option? I'm sorry, Carlos but I don't see it.

He must be spectacular in training.

I doubt he is any different in training to matches.

Yes he does lose possession, but when Dyer is knackered and we are under siege, he carries the back out from defence and keeps opposition full backs pinned back, which gives our defenders a breather and makes it harder to get crosses in.

You may not be able to see it, but don’t be surprised if Carlos does it. If he didn’t have that, I’d guess Dan James would have his place on the bench most weeks.
Roberts. on 12:18 - Feb 28 with 2874 viewsFlashberryjack

Roberts. on 11:42 - Feb 28 by swanforthemoney

Routledge is a journeyman that found a club dull enough to allow him to coast through games without breaking a sweat.

As soon as he receives the ball he can't wait to get rid of it, and he doesn't seem to care if it's to one of our players or the opposition, absolute gutless in the tackle, and as for the outside of of his boot bollox, what the f*ck is that all about.

How much of a contract have we given him ? and if anyone spews up that bilge "he's been a fantastic servant shyte" I'll scream.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Roberts. on 16:21 - Feb 28 with 2781 viewsBobby_Fischer

Roberts. on 11:04 - Feb 28 by WarwickHunt

Are we a registered charity now?

It wouldn't surprise me with all the tax breaks charities get.

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Roberts. on 16:25 - Feb 28 with 2777 viewsswanforthemoney

Id fogotten Andre is Cup Tied. Jeez we will be really short up front for the Quarters if Jordan gets a knock.

I stand in the North Stand

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024