Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson 12:14 - Apr 17 with 9700 viewssweetcorn

Have we appealed his red card? Not seen anything, so are we just assuming he’s missing tonight?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Henderson on 16:54 - Apr 17 with 2309 viewsdawlishdale

Henderson on 16:45 - Apr 17 by 56years

If nothing else he is on the front of tonight's match programme - a little ironic in the circumstances!

Silly thing for Hendo to do. Fully deserving of a Red card. We'd have been fuming if an opposing player did the same to one of ours.
Henderson on 16:58 - Apr 17 with 2274 viewssweetcorn

Henderson on 16:54 - Apr 17 by dawlishdale

Silly thing for Hendo to do. Fully deserving of a Red card. We'd have been fuming if an opposing player did the same to one of ours.

We've had this on another thread, I really wouldn't, I'd have thought, Christ that's cynical and expected a yellow card, which is usually the norm for that offence.

Henderson on 17:04 - Apr 17 with 2238 viewsdawlishdale

Henderson on 16:58 - Apr 17 by sweetcorn

We've had this on another thread, I really wouldn't, I'd have thought, Christ that's cynical and expected a yellow card, which is usually the norm for that offence.

No. There's cynical, and then there's what Henderson did, which is launch himself at the player (not the ball...he never got within 2 yards of the ball) He makes contact halfway up the players calf, which is dangerous.

If that had happened to one of our players, you can bet 99.9% of our fans would have been asking for a red. Obviously, you fall into the 0.1%.
Henderson on 17:09 - Apr 17 with 2208 viewssweetcorn

Henderson on 17:04 - Apr 17 by dawlishdale

No. There's cynical, and then there's what Henderson did, which is launch himself at the player (not the ball...he never got within 2 yards of the ball) He makes contact halfway up the players calf, which is dangerous.

If that had happened to one of our players, you can bet 99.9% of our fans would have been asking for a red. Obviously, you fall into the 0.1%.

Well there are a few on here who only think it should be a yellow card and this site represents a small number of the fanbase so I think your maths are a bit wrong with working out the percentage.

Also If you can see at that speed where the boot has landed you must have the ability to catch bullets, it looks to me like he trips him up by taking the side of his leg with his studs down, but it happens that quickly on the video it's impossible to tell where he's actually made contact..
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 17:10]

Henderson on 17:16 - Apr 17 with 2175 viewsShun

Henderson on 17:04 - Apr 17 by dawlishdale

There’s a lot of assumption on this and the other thread that if the situation had been reversed the whole Dale crowd would be calling for a red. As posted many times, lots wouldn’t, including me. I’d view it as a cynical example of breaking up the attacking team’s play. A sure yellow card.

For what it’s worth, all the Dale fans I know in person think it was a yellow, and a good proportion (not the majority, but a good few) on here think the same. So to be told that fans need to be consistent and that we would all be calling for a red in the reverse situation is very wide of the mark.
Henderson on 17:28 - Apr 17 with 2131 viewsdawlishdale

Henderson on 17:16 - Apr 17 by Shun

There’s a lot of assumption on this and the other thread that if the situation had been reversed the whole Dale crowd would be calling for a red. As posted many times, lots wouldn’t, including me. I’d view it as a cynical example of breaking up the attacking team’s play. A sure yellow card.

For what it’s worth, all the Dale fans I know in person think it was a yellow, and a good proportion (not the majority, but a good few) on here think the same. So to be told that fans need to be consistent and that we would all be calling for a red in the reverse situation is very wide of the mark.

I will be delighted if we win an appeal. I will also be amazed. Looks a red card to me.
Henderson on 17:30 - Apr 17 with 2129 viewsaleanddale

its a red all day long for me.

The more I see it the worse it looks.

just see how far the ball is away when he starts his lunge and its no closer when he catches the Posh players leg.

no complaints with the decision - just gutted we miss him at this vital stage
Henderson on 17:40 - Apr 17 with 2069 viewsD_Alien

A cynical attempt to break up the attacking team's play, for sure, but the type of offence that gets a yellow card tends to be a body block, or handball

A trip from behind with the player in full flow is dangerous, and i can't for the life of me see why anyone should seek to dismiss that as anything less

It's not just about the position or momentum of his foot at the point of impact, it's the sheer recklessness for the consequences as the player's body falls whilst moving at speed from that point onwards
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 17:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Henderson on 17:46 - Apr 17 with 2017 views442Dale

Henderson on 17:40 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

A cynical attempt to break up the attacking team's play, for sure, but the type of offence that gets a yellow card tends to be a body block, or handball

A trip from behind with the player in full flow is dangerous, and i can't for the life of me see why anyone should seek to dismiss that as anything less

It's not just about the position or momentum of his foot at the point of impact, it's the sheer recklessness for the consequences as the player's body falls whilst moving at speed from that point onwards
[Post edited 17 Apr 2018 17:47]

If the ball goes out of play and someone flicks a foot at the opponent and kicks him, you wouldn’t see anyone think it was anything other than stupid and a red card. The ball being in play but with no attempt to play it and making a movement with the foot to trip/kick the opponent is different how?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Henderson on 17:48 - Apr 17 with 2003 viewsD_Alien

Henderson on 17:46 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

If the ball goes out of play and someone flicks a foot at the opponent and kicks him, you wouldn’t see anyone think it was anything other than stupid and a red card. The ball being in play but with no attempt to play it and making a movement with the foot to trip/kick the opponent is different how?

Apologies for the edit, hadn't seen your post

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Henderson on 17:59 - Apr 17 with 1923 viewsShun

Henderson on 17:46 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

They’re completely different. A kick when the ball isn’t even play is deserving of a red card becuase the player can’t say he had any reason to do it but to cause harm. In Henderson’s case he committed the foul to break up the opponent’s attack.
Henderson on 18:09 - Apr 17 with 1880 views442Dale

Henderson on 17:59 - Apr 17 by Shun

They’re completely different. A kick when the ball isn’t even play is deserving of a red card becuase the player can’t say he had any reason to do it but to cause harm. In Henderson’s case he committed the foul to break up the opponent’s attack.

When players do a petulant kick they know they aren’t hurting someone, when a player trips someone running at full pelt with no attempt to win the ball, they know it might. Both are foot to leg with absolutely nothing to do with playing the ball. I can see why some might say it wasn’t a red, but it was a ridiculous challenge and you have to accept the consequences.

It’s double standards I’m afraid, we go on about teams wasting time and being cynical but we are no different when it suits. Does it bother me? No. But nor does it when other sides do the same.

Henderson on 18:16 - Apr 17 with 1836 viewsJames1980

Is there such a thing as precedents when over turning cards?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Henderson on 18:26 - Apr 17 with 1795 viewsDaley_Lama

Henderson on 18:16 - Apr 17 by James1980

Is there such a thing as precedents when over turning cards?

Yep.

Rochdale appeal.
Appeal gets rejected.

Easy to follow process.

Poll: DF in or out

Henderson on 18:31 - Apr 17 with 1764 viewsTVOS1907

I meant fans and clubs need to be consistent as a rule, not just on this particular incident.

I don't know where you sit or stand at Spotland, Shun, but if it's anywhere near me you'd know what I mean.

And for what it's worth, I think most people (not all) would be calling for a red if the situation was reversed, as that's the nature of a sports fan, but the fact there's so much disagreement on here over this shows why an appeal was futile*.

* Of course, if he plays tonight, ignore that bit

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Henderson on 18:33 - Apr 17 with 1752 viewsJames1980

Henderson on 18:26 - Apr 17 by Daley_Lama

Yep.

Rochdale appeal.
Appeal gets rejected.

Easy to follow process.

I was hoping for something more optimistic. Similar cards being down/upgraded. Situations where the officials have given just a yellow or free kick for likewise challenge having had the same view. Response made me smile though

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Henderson on 18:37 - Apr 17 with 1725 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 18:26 - Apr 17 by Daley_Lama

Yep.

Rochdale appeal.
Appeal gets rejected.

Easy to follow process.

Apart from the ones that have been overturned.

Henderson on 18:40 - Apr 17 with 1707 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 17:59 - Apr 17 by Shun

... with a ridiculous lunge having chased the Peterborough player almost half the length of the pitch.

It was obvious at the time what he was about to do and even the manager has alluded to something along the lines of "a little bit more discipline might have helped."

Henderson on 18:45 - Apr 17 with 1645 views442Dale

Henderson on 18:37 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Apart from the ones that have been overturned.

And I am still yet to recall one red card that should have been overturned that wasn’t. The Wigan one was embarrassing.

Henderson on 18:46 - Apr 17 with 1635 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 18:45 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

And I am still yet to recall one red card that should have been overturned that wasn’t. The Wigan one was embarrassing.

#footballpeople

#jasonpearce

Henderson on 18:50 - Apr 17 with 1615 viewsDaley_Lama

Appeal announced as unsuccessful

Poll: DF in or out

Henderson on 18:52 - Apr 17 with 1603 viewsfunkkk

Henderson on 18:50 - Apr 17 by Daley_Lama

Justice served, hopefully Hendo picks up the tab.
Henderson on 18:53 - Apr 17 with 1596 views442Dale

Henderson on 18:50 - Apr 17 by Daley_Lama

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/april/appeal_ian-henderson/

No surprise. A decision that let his team mates and supporters down. Let’s hope there’s still a chance for him to make amends against Charlton.

The lack of accountability in his programme notes was as disappointing as he says he was to get sent off.

Henderson on 18:54 - Apr 17 with 1587 viewsShun

Henderson on 18:40 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

... with a ridiculous lunge having chased the Peterborough player almost half the length of the pitch.

It was obvious at the time what he was about to do and even the manager has alluded to something along the lines of "a little bit more discipline might have helped."

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, TVOS et al. I’m glad we appealed but I have no expectation of it succeeding. That isn’t to say that whatever conclusion the appeal committee come to is correct, though, as I think in this situation the reluctance to undermine their own referees by reversing their decision plays a large role too.
Henderson on 18:59 - Apr 17 with 1572 viewsTVOS1907

Henderson on 18:54 - Apr 17 by Shun

I think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, TVOS et al. I’m glad we appealed but I have no expectation of it succeeding. That isn’t to say that whatever conclusion the appeal committee come to is correct, though, as I think in this situation the reluctance to undermine their own referees by reversing their decision plays a large role too.

Fact is, it wasn't a clear and obvious error by the referee, as evidenced by the different views on here.

It's got nothing to do with undermining officials.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024