Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The changes have begun at Oldham 11:53 - May 8 with 25976 viewsToffeemanc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44040700

Bet there is an awful lot of Oldham fans wish this had happened a long time ago.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:08 - Jun 5 with 3400 viewsscarrow

Yet again, thank goodness for mr dunphy

Poll: Final position

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:25 - Jun 5 with 3350 viewsblackdogblue

Where can u get an electronic scoreboard for £30k???? Toys r Us closing down sale??

That pile of technological wizardry we had for one game was touted at £150k and it didn’t even work, would be interesting to see how much other clubs have paid though as an established League 1 Club, money could soon be brought in to offset the outlay by advertising.

On the rest of the debate regarding the Biffos, perhaps they didn’t see the signs...

A627M

Rochdale 51
––––––
Oldham 50

[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 19:29]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:43 - Jun 5 with 3288 viewsColDale

Seems very easy to connect the dots

New owner comes in, having previously been a football agent over seas.
Club makes lots of foreign signings via owner's links on huge transfers
Club runs out of money.

It's easy to do. Talk big, possibly to the extent of PL, and fans will lap it all up, wait a few months and await the "What could we have done about it?" from the fans.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 23:07 - Jun 5 with 2977 viewscumbria_dale

I wonder if the striker denied a lucrative move closer to home was Craig Davies? His form certainly dipped and I can imagine him throwing punches at this new owner.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 23:08]
The changes have begun at Oldham on 00:23 - Jun 6 with 2909 viewsnordenblue

The changes have begun at Oldham on 19:04 - Jun 5 by SuddenLad

The usual Biffo Brigade will be along shortly to tell us that all is well in LaLa Land. Over £11k a week for rank players....... Jeeeeesus.

They'll go missing from here for a while yet SL, I await the "what can the fans do" line to be rolled out anytime soon though... they're probably still working through a map of which towns they can "own" next season
The changes have begun at Oldham on 00:33 - Jun 6 with 2906 viewsShun

The changes have begun at Oldham on 23:07 - Jun 5 by cumbria_dale

I wonder if the striker denied a lucrative move closer to home was Craig Davies? His form certainly dipped and I can imagine him throwing punches at this new owner.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2018 23:08]

Craig Davies and Coventry apparently. He seemingly went missing after that transfer was refused.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 03:28 - Jun 6 with 2859 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I enjoy the misfortunes of our rivals....but not to the extent of employees not getting paid.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 10:50 - Jun 6 with 2602 viewsaleanddale

The changes have begun at Oldham on 03:28 - Jun 6 by Albert_Whitehurst

I enjoy the misfortunes of our rivals....but not to the extent of employees not getting paid.

lowest of the low not paying players....

imagine how we would feel had the biffos survived at our expense!!

its cheating - paying monies you cannot afford. Shower of shite.... not dissimilar to the gigglers although so far the milky bar kid has spun enough plates to keep the payroll going - for how long is anybody's guess.

bertie big balls - could be taking over Stockport and Darlington very soon

Login to get fewer ads

The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:14 - Jun 6 with 2327 viewsbiffoboffo

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:07 - Jun 5 by rochdaleriddler

How are they even allowed to start the season? Jesus, what a shambles

Because its not true? dunno? this is a mashup of old stories and rumours.

Daily Mail... that bastion of honesty and integrity. The rumour doing the rounds is that Corney is trying to cause trouble by feeding shite to this hack.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2018/june/06062018-abdallah-club-statement

Now you might say "well, they would say that wouldn't they"... so...

Supporters TRUST Statement (who have a seat on the board)

Trust Oldham
4 hrs ·

In response to the recent article regarding the club, the Trust wish to reassure fans that we are fully aware of the real situation at the club and continue to closely monitor all aspects.

As a Trust we have been given more access in the last 6 months since Abdallah took ownership, than we have ever had under the previous regime. Abdallah has been completely open with us since taking full control, and we continue to question, monitor and most importantly have an open dialogue with him.

Abdallah is still finalising the transition of ownership, and dealing with the legacy of the previous regime, before he is able to roll out his own plans for the club.

He has already shown his commitment to Oldham Athletic by investing considerable sums to cover many of these legacy issues plus the running costs for last season.
The timing of this article and the one prior to our crucial final game of the season are not a coincidence. What’s most disappointing is, this is whilst employees at the club are working extremely hard in this crucial pre-season period to focus on making this coming season a successful one, as should we all.

It is especially unfortunate that this article appears to be intended to create a feeling of negativity, in a week when we've had extremely positive news that the club have re-signed Jose Baxter and season ticket sales are higher than they have been for many years.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:49 - Jun 6 with 2253 viewsMASSIVEclub

Daily mail does hatchet job on ethnic minority, what a shocker. Disgrace of a rag.

If Abdallah wants to throw money at us then what’s the issue? It’s not like his injections are from loans as is the case with Mr Day. There have been some minor accounting problems and all wages have been paid. Sensationalist crap.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 15:49]
The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:15 - Jun 6 with 2189 viewsnordenblue

The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:49 - Jun 6 by MASSIVEclub

Daily mail does hatchet job on ethnic minority, what a shocker. Disgrace of a rag.

If Abdallah wants to throw money at us then what’s the issue? It’s not like his injections are from loans as is the case with Mr Day. There have been some minor accounting problems and all wages have been paid. Sensationalist crap.

"Minor problems"!!! Players not being able to pay their mortgages is pretty minor for sure.... keep that head of yours firmly in the sand
The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:46 - Jun 6 with 2105 viewsNewbury_Dale

What’s race got to do with it ? The club are well and truly in the shit.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:50 - Jun 6 with 2096 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:46 - Jun 6 by Newbury_Dale

What’s race got to do with it ? The club are well and truly in the shit.

Why do these rags attack Man City’s erratic spending but not United’s? Why are they so obsessed with Raheem Sterling? Racism, plain and simple.

If Abdallah wants to throw money at us then that’s his choice. The club isn’t going to suffer financially as long as he keeps putting the millions in. All wages have now been paid.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:58 - Jun 6 with 2073 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:15 - Jun 6 by nordenblue

"Minor problems"!!! Players not being able to pay their mortgages is pretty minor for sure.... keep that head of yours firmly in the sand

It's incredible isn't it, how they (or at least some) allege it's a witch-hunt and that the former Messiah is now Mr. Nasty and is sticking the knife in. It isn't long since that any suggestion of financial trouble was met with shouts and wailing and derision and that the club was 'in good hands' and that Corney was definitely the right man.

Now we hear he is creating a kerfuffle from the shadows and responsible for 'dishing the dirt' on the club. Well, he will know more than most what the truth is, so why should he be doubted and simply dismissed as a malicious rumour monger.

Signing Jose Baxter is a timely diversion, but no-one knows the terms of the deal, the payment schedule, the salary, signing-on fee etc, etc.......

The longer that heads remain in the sand, the bigger the shock will be when it all explodes. Someone, somewhere knows the facts and it won't be the fans of Oldham.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:27 - Jun 6 with 2007 viewsmoth5368

The changes have begun at Oldham on 15:49 - Jun 6 by MASSIVEclub

I agree that the mail is a rag (and also the sun) however I’d presume that if they were printing lies that the club would sue them for libel 😉.
If I had millions to throw at a club the first thing I’d do is pay the wages of my employees.
Quote “I will not be making any further comments in respect of the media article“
Why not if it’s not true? Surely you’d put the rumours to bed.
It’s all right saying that the wages are now paid but what about the rest?
Minor accounting problems my arse.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:27 - Jun 6 with 2006 viewsaleanddale

The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:50 - Jun 6 by MASSIVEclub

Why do these rags attack Man City’s erratic spending but not United’s? Why are they so obsessed with Raheem Sterling? Racism, plain and simple.

If Abdallah wants to throw money at us then that’s his choice. The club isn’t going to suffer financially as long as he keeps putting the millions in. All wages have now been paid.

You need to choose another user name.....

Lg2Club would be more appropriate.

is he throwing money in?.

what happens if he stops? and you have lengthy expensive contracts to pay?.

Your another delusional club clamoring to be above there natural level.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 17:30]
The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:39 - Jun 6 with 1961 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:27 - Jun 6 by aleanddale

You need to choose another user name.....

Lg2Club would be more appropriate.

is he throwing money in?.

what happens if he stops? and you have lengthy expensive contracts to pay?.

Your another delusional club clamoring to be above there natural level.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 17:30]

Before Corney came in we were historically a steady D2 club with a few glory years spent in D1. So not really sure what you mean by natural level, odd comment even for a Dale fan.

Yes, obviously he’s put money in. Have you read the article and our club statement? He’s already put millions in and he’s been owner less than 5 months. Obviously he will have to sustain it from his own back pocket but comparisons with Leyton Orient stink of jealousy.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:48 - Jun 6 with 1942 views442Dale

The changes have begun at Oldham on 16:50 - Jun 6 by MASSIVEclub

It’s super they’ve all been paid. And paying all those wages since he took over ensured you finished behind a Rochdale side which had its worst season under Hill. It’s been excellent work by all at Boundary Park to manage to get relegated with players like Eoin Doyle in the side, while we stumbled along after making mistakes all season long with recruitment, selections and tactics.

We can only hope that such progression continues at Oldham in the future. Well done to everyone concerned.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:53 - Jun 6 with 1916 viewsThacks_Rabbits

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:39 - Jun 6 by MASSIVEclub

Before Corney came in we were historically a steady D2 club with a few glory years spent in D1. So not really sure what you mean by natural level, odd comment even for a Dale fan.

Yes, obviously he’s put money in. Have you read the article and our club statement? He’s already put millions in and he’s been owner less than 5 months. Obviously he will have to sustain it from his own back pocket but comparisons with Leyton Orient stink of jealousy.

Why the hell would we be jealous of you. I have nothing against Oldham or Oldham fans but your running your crocodile mouth before engaging your shrews brain a while back did not help. We get press articles praising us, JT, the things done for our own fans, by fans and players alike.

You get bad press, have a number of bellend fans (we do too but would say your dimwits outnumber ours) and are currently in L2 despite significant investment from the latest messiah. To give you an idea Massive, if it swims, quacks and looks like a duck, it’s generally a duck.

I feel sorry for most genuine Oldham fans for what is going on, you I just feel sorry for.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 1894 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:53 - Jun 6 by Thacks_Rabbits

Why the hell would we be jealous of you. I have nothing against Oldham or Oldham fans but your running your crocodile mouth before engaging your shrews brain a while back did not help. We get press articles praising us, JT, the things done for our own fans, by fans and players alike.

You get bad press, have a number of bellend fans (we do too but would say your dimwits outnumber ours) and are currently in L2 despite significant investment from the latest messiah. To give you an idea Massive, if it swims, quacks and looks like a duck, it’s generally a duck.

I feel sorry for most genuine Oldham fans for what is going on, you I just feel sorry for.

It’s made national press because the Corney arselicker Mike Keegan is bored on his honeymoon.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:01 - Jun 6 with 1873 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:48 - Jun 6 by 442Dale

It’s super they’ve all been paid. And paying all those wages since he took over ensured you finished behind a Rochdale side which had its worst season under Hill. It’s been excellent work by all at Boundary Park to manage to get relegated with players like Eoin Doyle in the side, while we stumbled along after making mistakes all season long with recruitment, selections and tactics.

We can only hope that such progression continues at Oldham in the future. Well done to everyone concerned.

Pretty much spot on and I’d be goading your lot too if the tables were turned. The best squad we’ve had in years and many of them could play at a higher level, it’s a travesty that we went down but is nothing more than we deserved after Wellens’ awful tactics. It amazes me that Abdallah splashed nearly £750,000 on the wages of a loanee who barely even played, that sum would get you one of the best management teams in the third division. Hopefully he’s learned from his mistakes.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 18:04]
The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:11 - Jun 6 with 1833 viewsAtThePeake

The changes have begun at Oldham on 17:39 - Jun 6 by MASSIVEclub

Jealousy?

Enjoy Forest Green mate.

Tangled up in blue.

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:13 - Jun 6 with 1818 viewsArthurDaley

Can any of our Oldham chums tell me WHY, Why has a multi millionaire with no connections with Oldham taken over Oldham and allegedly been splashing hundreds of thousands £s on the club. You don't become or stay a millionaire giving money away.

A large VAT Dave

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:22 - Jun 6 with 1793 viewsMASSIVEclub

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:13 - Jun 6 by ArthurDaley

Can any of our Oldham chums tell me WHY, Why has a multi millionaire with no connections with Oldham taken over Oldham and allegedly been splashing hundreds of thousands £s on the club. You don't become or stay a millionaire giving money away.

Because he sees the potential in the club. Big catchment area with historically decent fanbase (especially when compared with the likes of Hull, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Stoke, Burnley, Watford, Brighton, Swansea etc)... We were getting 6,000-7,000 in League One before Corney came and historically got anywhere between 8,000-13,000 in the old Second Division. Yes I know that’s not the case anymore but there’s no reason we can’t return to that level now that the cancerous asset-stripper is gone. I know loads of Oldham fans who can’t be arsed anymore and just do the odd away game, a promotion would certainly attract them back to Boundary Park.
The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:26 - Jun 6 with 1776 viewsSuddenLad

The changes have begun at Oldham on 18:22 - Jun 6 by MASSIVEclub

Because he sees the potential in the club. Big catchment area with historically decent fanbase (especially when compared with the likes of Hull, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Stoke, Burnley, Watford, Brighton, Swansea etc)... We were getting 6,000-7,000 in League One before Corney came and historically got anywhere between 8,000-13,000 in the old Second Division. Yes I know that’s not the case anymore but there’s no reason we can’t return to that level now that the cancerous asset-stripper is gone. I know loads of Oldham fans who can’t be arsed anymore and just do the odd away game, a promotion would certainly attract them back to Boundary Park.

Home match against Exeter on a cold Tuesday night in November will give you a clue about potential. It's a massive word..........

Now, I wonder how many houses could be built on that land. Hmmm.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024