Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hazlehurst 12:19 - Jun 1 with 8355 viewsHarry_Dale

Sad news coming out of the club that our Director Paul Hazlehurst passed away yesterday after a recent illness.

Thoughts and prayers with his wife, and three sons at this time.

Rest in Peace, Paul x
Paul Hazlehurst on 12:25 - Jun 1 with 8320 viewskentishdale

Yes... I went to school with his sons, really nice people and he was a nice bloke, invited into a box once when i was a kid.

Thoughts with his family
Paul Hazlehurst on 12:26 - Jun 1 with 8309 viewsColDale

Paul was a great bloke that I've known since I was about 7 or 8 from attending Bamford Chapel as a kid. He was probably the first Rochdale supporter that I knew and even then he was the same Paul that I've always known: great bloke, very dry sense of humour and one who was always willing to stop and chat about all matters Dale. He went from standing on the Sandy week in week out to his place in the Boardroom, and he still remained the same Paul that I knew from being a kid. He always had time for the Trust too. Absolutely Dale through and through and someone who will be missed. RIP Paul.
Paul Hazlehurst on 12:40 - Jun 1 with 8230 viewsShun

Paul Hazlehurst on 12:25 - Jun 1 by kentishdale

Yes... I went to school with his sons, really nice people and he was a nice bloke, invited into a box once when i was a kid.

Thoughts with his family

Same. A nice man and family. He’s been very ill for a while now unfortunately but it seemed like he might have turned a corner recently.

RIP.
Paul Hazlehurst on 12:43 - Jun 1 with 8221 viewsSalwaDale

Horrible, sad news. RIP Paul. A true Dale legend to me.

TBBT

Paul Hazlehurst on 12:44 - Jun 1 with 8218 viewsSuddenLad

Genuinely saddened by this news. Paul always had time to chat, was a lifelong Dale fan, living the dream as a director of the club he loved. He has been a great servant to RAFC both from the terraces and the boardroom. My sympathies and thoughts are with those closest to him. He was a gentleman in every sense of the word. RIP Paul.....and thanks.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Paul Hazlehurst on 12:52 - Jun 1 with 8182 viewsdawlishdale

So sad to hear this.

Have known Paul for a long time, and not only was he Dale through and through, but also he was a true gentleman. He will be sadly missed. RIP Paul.

Thoughts with his family.
Paul Hazlehurst on 13:53 - Jun 1 with 8017 viewsChaffRAFC

Very sad news. Genuinely gutted.

Met Paul on many occasions and was just a genuinely top bloke.

Thoughts with his family.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Paul Hazlehurst on 14:52 - Jun 1 with 7860 viewsDaleiLama

RIP and condolences to his loved ones he leaves behind. A tough time.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Hazlehurst on 15:16 - Jun 1 with 7802 viewsYouTubeDale

A really nice guy. He even got to commentate on at least 1 Dale match and ofcourse putting the accounts together and answering shareholder questions.

I hope there is a place up there...with a grandstand view of the Dale.

RIP Paul.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Paul Hazlehurst on 15:47 - Jun 1 with 7719 views1mark1

Very sad news, condolences to fis family and friends.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Paul Hazlehurst on 16:11 - Jun 1 with 7663 viewsSandyman

As said above, I knew him as a Dale fan through and through whose talents meant we had another genuine man of the terraces in the boardroom. A good and decent family man too. Sincere condolences to those closest to him - a big loss for RAFC as well as them. R I P Paul.
Paul Hazlehurst on 16:17 - Jun 1 with 7640 viewsmodelboydave

very sad news indeed.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but whenever you went away and looked in the Directors box, he was always there, normally at the side of Chris Dunphy.

Thinking of his family and friends and loved ones.

RIP

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Paul Hazlehurst on 17:12 - Jun 1 with 7531 viewsjudd

This is very sad news. A really nice and thoroughly modest man. RIP and thanks Paul.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Paul Hazlehurst on 17:33 - Jun 1 with 7474 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Very sad to be reading this.

Good guy, good Dale fan.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/dream-come-true-for-fa
Paul Hazlehurst on 17:40 - Jun 1 with 7455 viewsdalenumber2

Paul Hazlehurst on 17:33 - Jun 1 by Albert_Whitehurst

Very sad to be reading this.

Good guy, good Dale fan.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/dream-come-true-for-fa

Shocked and saddened at this news. Knew him and his family from childhood and my sons enjoyed his Saturday football sessions in the 90s at Bamford Chapel. Good guy who was 100% Dale. RIP.
Paul Hazlehurst on 18:18 - Jun 1 with 7369 viewsRAFCBLUE

Lifelong Dale fan, family man and all round nice guy.

Accountants never get the public credit they deserve when things go right but if you look at what has been built and is being built at Spotland it is testament to Paul’s contribution, reflected in the current financial status of the club.

Thoughts with his wife and sons.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Paul Hazlehurst on 20:33 - Jun 1 with 7165 viewsHuddersdale1

I was at school with Paul and played in the school football team with him from 11 to 18 years of age. He wad a decent player, although I think its fair to say a more accomplished cricketer. He was Dale through and through, and I regularly tood with him with our group of friends on the Sandy and Pearl St terraces, as well as going to away games, in the early to mid 70s. Lost touch when we left school and went our different ways, but I remember him with great affection. RIP Paul.
Paul Hazlehurst on 21:52 - Jun 1 with 7028 viewsJumeirahDale

Decent fella, always had time for a chat with travelling fans on away days and has clearly put a hell of a lot into the club. RIP Paul.
Paul Hazlehurst on 01:29 - Jun 2 with 6855 viewsTTNYear

A real shame. I raise a glass to a good bloke!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 1:35]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Paul Hazlehurst on 02:59 - Jun 2 with 6811 viewsjokerthief

He was my accountant when i had a few quid...years ago.
Always a genuine Rochdale fan, so happy for him to become a director.
RIP sir...
Paul Hazlehurst on 06:52 - Jun 2 with 6725 viewsaleanddale

RIP Paul

Top bloke - always up for a Dale chat either at a game or on the street.

Thoughts are with family and friends at this sad time.
Paul Hazlehurst on 08:50 - Jun 2 with 6626 views100569

Really shocked by this news didn`t know he was ill and it accounts for why I have not seen him for a while. As said before a great guy in every sense of the word always had time for Dale fans and the trust. Had many conversations with him and like other members of the board he was Dale through and through. Sad sad news. My thoughts are very much with his wife and family at this time. RIP Paul a pleasure knowing you.
Paul Hazlehurst on 10:51 - Jun 2 with 6492 viewsDalenet

RIP Paul

And thank you for everything you did for our club
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024