Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russ Green 17:24 - Jul 6 with 24325 viewsSaxonDale

Has been suspended from all footballing activities for a year.
Russ Green on 20:54 - Jul 6 with 3856 viewsrobshaker

Russ Green on 19:55 - Jul 6 by chalky_ncfc

Personally I'm in shock that Dale aren't as spotlessly white as I've always been lead to believe on here

butter still wont melt.

back in the rivals days I remember a winding up order appearing for them every summer in London maybe still does don't know not really arsed but I tell you this theirs a fair few on here that could tell you more about our affairs then their own.

"this famous old club"
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 21:24]
Russ Green on 21:11 - Jul 6 with 3754 viewsMoonyDale

Russ Green on 20:54 - Jul 6 by robshaker

butter still wont melt.

back in the rivals days I remember a winding up order appearing for them every summer in London maybe still does don't know not really arsed but I tell you this theirs a fair few on here that could tell you more about our affairs then their own.

"this famous old club"
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 21:24]

Bury and accounting? Now there's an oxymoron...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Russ Green on 21:26 - Jul 6 with 3684 viewsrobshaker

Russ Green on 21:11 - Jul 6 by MoonyDale

right on moony
Russ Green on 21:36 - Jul 6 with 3635 viewsDevonDale

Unfortunately, despite all the good he has done for the club, this is a major issue and given the nature of what he has been found guilty of his position is untenable and he will resign or the board will have to sack him.
Russ Green on 21:59 - Jul 6 with 3539 viewsrochdaleriddler

Russ Green on 21:36 - Jul 6 by DevonDale

Unfortunately, despite all the good he has done for the club, this is a major issue and given the nature of what he has been found guilty of his position is untenable and he will resign or the board will have to sack him.

Finally some common sense

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Russ Green on 22:02 - Jul 6 with 3516 viewsboromat

You might be right. If nothing else we'd need someone for 12 months. Think Dunphy has a difficult decision to make.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Russ Green on 22:51 - Jul 6 with 3366 viewsTVOS1907

Russ Green on 19:08 - Jul 6 by MASSIVEclub

Ah it doesn’t matter because it happened at a previous club 😅😅😅. Not like you lot give us stick over Ched Evans, Lee Hughes and Jose Baxter for their wrongdoings before they signed for Latics (nearly in the case of Ched). Rochdale AFC is run by people who are corrupt to the core. Sorry if that hurts, darlin.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 19:09]

Hadn’t they all already been convicted before signing for/being linked with Oldham?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Russ Green on 22:57 - Jul 6 with 3352 viewskiwidale

While being surprised even stunned at the severity of the decision I also agree that its now a major problem for the club and one that needs addressing. How Russ Green remains as our CEO is hard to see? his position is now untenable the only solution is for him to resign. Back on the subject of his ban and fine I would hazard a guess that its unprecedent? just how a man is expected to pay a large fine without means of employment is baffling and I would hope Rochdale afc get the best legal advise and appeal the severity of the ban and hope that its successful for Russ's sake. The ban seems excessive and as has been pointed out would it have happened higher in the food chain? premier league for example.

This is not the time for bickering.

Login to get fewer ads

Russ Green on 22:58 - Jul 6 with 3342 viewsTVOS1907

Russ Green on 21:11 - Jul 6 by MoonyDale

In this case, I don’t think the ‘oxy’ is necessary...

Russ Green on 23:00 - Jul 6 with 3320 viewsdalenumber2

He needs to go - sorry but we don't need that sort of bad press. Especially if we want to keep on gloating about our spotless reputation to our near neighbours.
Russ Green on 23:07 - Jul 6 with 3297 viewskel

Russ Green on 23:00 - Jul 6 by dalenumber2

He needs to go - sorry but we don't need that sort of bad press. Especially if we want to keep on gloating about our spotless reputation to our near neighbours.

Aye, and the club should do something about those pesky Pools too like the time you wanted them to do something about people posting on a Cambridge board.
Russ Green on 23:14 - Jul 6 with 3272 viewsD_Dale

Russ Green on 22:02 - Jul 6 by boromat

You might be right. If nothing else we'd need someone for 12 months. Think Dunphy has a difficult decision to make.

A lot will hinge on whether Dunphy, and the other directors, believe that Green has been unfairly made the fall-guy for the former owners of Hartlepool. If they do, it might be possible to find someone who do the job for a year, perhaps with Green providing some unofficial advice (assuming the ban doesn't cover even the slightest contact).

But if the board think that Green has let them down it will be a case of accepting his resignation, probably with an expression of regret and an expression of thanks for his work at Dale.
Russ Green on 07:15 - Jul 7 with 3058 viewsBartRowou

At the risk of coming across as a Bible-bashing lunatic, can we not show a bit of Christian compassion, let him serve his punishment and then let him resume his role? The first reaction of the majority is to call for someone's head, no doubt taking their lead from social media and the tabloids. Isn't it enough that he has to live with it?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Russ Green on 09:03 - Jul 7 with 2926 viewsJames1980

Will contract extensions, new signings made up till now still be legitimate? I only ask because I assume RG's moniker appears on the contracts somewhere.

Also where is the evidence of Rochdale being involved in dodgy dealings?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Russ Green on 09:08 - Jul 7 with 2918 viewsTVOS1907

Russ Green on 09:03 - Jul 7 by James1980

Will contract extensions, new signings made up till now still be legitimate? I only ask because I assume RG's moniker appears on the contracts somewhere.

Also where is the evidence of Rochdale being involved in dodgy dealings?

There isn't any.

Russ Green on 09:38 - Jul 7 with 2840 viewschalky_ncfc

Russ Green on 07:15 - Jul 7 by BartRowou

At the risk of coming across as a Bible-bashing lunatic, can we not show a bit of Christian compassion, let him serve his punishment and then let him resume his role? The first reaction of the majority is to call for someone's head, no doubt taking their lead from social media and the tabloids. Isn't it enough that he has to live with it?

I hope that he won't still be getting paid while serving out his punishment,twelve months is a long time in football and he cannot fulfil his job so therefore he should be dismissed as this is what would happen in a normal environment

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Russ Green on 09:44 - Jul 7 with 2813 viewsRAFCBLUE

It might just be me, but I'm really unperturbed by this news.

Firstly, Russ Green. Very nice bloke, couldn't be more helpful when I've dealt with him and wants to get it right here as CEO. Vast improvements in the time here post Colin Garlick, who was more paper pusher than CEO.

Secondly, the allegations. Relate to a previous club a number of years ago. The question is whether our board knew of them when appointing Russ in 2016, or if these came as news to them.

Thirdly, the impact on Dale. Currently minimal, we have done our season ticket sales and save for two more players, most of our recruitment. This ban lasts for just the January 2019 transfer window.

If Craig Dawson moves as expected we will have enough cash (alongside the Hogan money) to run for five years on zero gates.

Russ may stay; he may not - both his choice and the choice of Chris Dunphy.

Comparing the FA punishment and running of our club to Oldham, bury or even Notts cheaty is laughable. They are after all League 2 sides...

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Russ Green on 09:50 - Jul 7 with 2790 viewschalky_ncfc

But for the grace of God Rochdale could have been playing in League Two with us

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Russ Green on 09:54 - Jul 7 with 2772 viewsSuddenLad

Russ Green on 09:50 - Jul 7 by chalky_ncfc

But we aren't. 👍

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Russ Green on 10:01 - Jul 7 with 2735 viewsSuddenLad

I'm wondering whether Russ could perhaps be 'transferred' to Dunphy Ecclesiastical Services for 12 months, and then re-signed on a free. 😉

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Russ Green on 10:15 - Jul 7 with 2704 viewsDaleiLama

Russ Green on 09:44 - Jul 7 by RAFCBLUE

It might just be me, but I'm really unperturbed by this news.

Firstly, Russ Green. Very nice bloke, couldn't be more helpful when I've dealt with him and wants to get it right here as CEO. Vast improvements in the time here post Colin Garlick, who was more paper pusher than CEO.

Secondly, the allegations. Relate to a previous club a number of years ago. The question is whether our board knew of them when appointing Russ in 2016, or if these came as news to them.

Thirdly, the impact on Dale. Currently minimal, we have done our season ticket sales and save for two more players, most of our recruitment. This ban lasts for just the January 2019 transfer window.

If Craig Dawson moves as expected we will have enough cash (alongside the Hogan money) to run for five years on zero gates.

Russ may stay; he may not - both his choice and the choice of Chris Dunphy.

Comparing the FA punishment and running of our club to Oldham, bury or even Notts cheaty is laughable. They are after all League 2 sides...

Good post and pretty much sums up my views. In answer to point two see below.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/june/statement--russ-green/

On this basis and admittedly not knowing all the facts, my gut feeling is he serves his time and comes back repentant. Calvin was accepted back into the fold. If everyone who had done something wrong was decapitated there wouldn't be many folk wandering round anymore.

I hope CD keeps his nerve and stands by his man. It's the right thing to do in my view. He's one of our own now.

Edit: Don't know if CD can make this decision unilaterally or would need board backing due to reputational damage issues. I would hope the board would also give their backing if requested to do so.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 10:25]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Russ Green on 10:29 - Jul 7 with 2663 viewsDaleiLama

Russ Green on 10:01 - Jul 7 by SuddenLad

I'm wondering whether Russ could perhaps be 'transferred' to Dunphy Ecclesiastical Services for 12 months, and then re-signed on a free. 😉

On graveyard leave for a year?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Russ Green on 10:35 - Jul 7 with 2623 viewsRAFCBLUE

Was the grace of God behind your playoff debacle Chalky?

You could have been in League 1 WITH us!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Russ Green on 11:40 - Jul 7 with 2502 viewsTVOS1907

The grace of God?

We beat Charlton, Oldham drew with Northampton. Fact.

Russ Green on 11:41 - Jul 7 with 2495 viewsrochdale_ranger

Would be quite a bad sign if Dunphy just shat on his man. I’m not really knowledgeable about what goes on behind the scenes at our club or club politics but Green was slated last year for the season ticket promotion and then a lot of folk thought he redeemed himself after the spurs game ( putting them right on talksport etc)

I don’t see how he will manage to keep him on if he is officially banned from footballing activities and I can’t imagine someone wanting to come in and only do the job for a year. Personally I think it’s a shame for the guy as he didn’t make any coin out of it. The whole thing is s but of a nothing burger.

As for the fans of the wee league two clubs who want to mock us leave them to it I say. Oldham are an “irrelevant little club” and we all know what the situation is with the buckets.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024