Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russ Green 17:24 - Jul 6 with 24326 viewsSaxonDale

Has been suspended from all footballing activities for a year.
Russ Green on 23:21 - Jul 7 with 4388 viewsSandyman

Russ Green on 09:38 - Jul 7 by chalky_ncfc

I hope that he won't still be getting paid while serving out his punishment,twelve months is a long time in football and he cannot fulfil his job so therefore he should be dismissed as this is what would happen in a normal environment

Sounds great from a fan of a club club that employed someone who was jailed for killing people and happily encouraged children to walk around with his murderous name on their shirts. Is that a "normal environment" ?
Russ Green on 23:30 - Jul 7 with 4358 viewschalky_ncfc

Russ Green on 23:20 - Jul 7 by judd

Chalky lad it was a bad time. It was when Tazzy was in his pre-prosecuted alleged sex crime days and ruining this board with a voluminous cacophony of nonsense. He and his then mates found the Cambridge board where several Dale fans - including me - mocked him, and generically this board. Kel and another poster were targeted as members of the trust board. I personally had PM threats as well as face to face stuff..
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 23:32]

I didn't know that it was as serious as that,I just thought that it was some sort of spat,I best keep out of it,thanks judd

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Russ Green on 23:33 - Jul 7 with 4339 viewsjudd

Russ Green on 23:30 - Jul 7 by chalky_ncfc

I didn't know that it was as serious as that,I just thought that it was some sort of spat,I best keep out of it,thanks judd

Yeah, fook off pal

Poll: What is it to be then?

Russ Green on 23:37 - Jul 7 with 4331 viewschalky_ncfc

Russ Green on 23:21 - Jul 7 by Sandyman

Sounds great from a fan of a club club that employed someone who was jailed for killing people and happily encouraged children to walk around with his murderous name on their shirts. Is that a "normal environment" ?

When have I ever stuck up for Hughes,I've been on here several times in the past saying how I felt about that lowlife,he brought nothing but trouble to our ground when he wound up the away fans,I certainly didn't appreciate him being there,I was embarrassed by kop doing the Hughsy dance,I stopped going to away games for a while because of him,I can't be held accountable for the players who Notts employs no more than you can for who Rochdale employs

Russ Green on 23:40 - Jul 7 with 4325 viewschalky_ncfc

Russ Green on 23:33 - Jul 7 by judd

Yeah, fook off pal

Happy days

Russ Green on 00:40 - Jul 8 with 4256 viewsTVOS1907

Russ Green on 22:45 - Jul 7 by kel

Very long story, chalks, but there was a couple of fans in particular who decided that they didn’t like some people on the Dale trust committee so went out of their way to post links to the Cambridge board (which you know yourself was all light hearted pi­ss taking) to force them to resign. Odd agenda but then again they are a strange bunch who think they have a monopoly on supporting Dale because they have a large Dale following family.

The aforementioned couple of fans are two of he most morally corrupt people I’ve ever encountered too as others would testify if they were as bitter as me

Have you got any signed Dale player photographs to sell?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Russ Green on 05:27 - Jul 8 with 4193 viewskel

Russ Green on 00:40 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

Have you got any signed Dale player photographs to sell?

Sorry, maestro, I haven’t.
Russ Green on 08:22 - Jul 8 with 4087 viewselectricblue

If Dunphy isnt going to appeal the ban then he can put RG on painting duty for 12mths..
Plenty to keep him busy..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Russ Green on 08:30 - Jul 8 with 4079 viewsTVOS1907

Russ Green on 05:27 - Jul 8 by kel

Sorry, maestro, I haven’t.

Don’t tell me someone’s nicked them...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Russ Green on 12:31 - Jul 8 with 3822 viewsNorthernDale

I hope the Dale do the decent thing and continue to pay him his wage for the next 12 months (if the halfwits in the FA allows this) and appoint somebody internally to do his job on a temp basis for the period of the suspension.

He is banned from all football activities according to the fools that run the FA, but can Dale (on an unofficial basis) still seek is advice on certain issues or not?
Russ Green on 12:45 - Jul 8 with 3802 viewsRAFCBLUE

Russ Green on 12:31 - Jul 8 by NorthernDale

I hope the Dale do the decent thing and continue to pay him his wage for the next 12 months (if the halfwits in the FA allows this) and appoint somebody internally to do his job on a temp basis for the period of the suspension.

He is banned from all football activities according to the fools that run the FA, but can Dale (on an unofficial basis) still seek is advice on certain issues or not?

The rules on this look onerous.

A suspension from all football related activity prohibits an individual from any involvement in football. This includes but is not limited to;

1) Attending any association football match played at a ground under the jurisdiction of the Football Association.
2) Participating in any association football match played at a ground under the jurisdiction of the Football Association.
3) Attending or participating in any training activities connected to any club under the jurisdiction of the Football Association.
4) Conducting any administrative duties connected to football or a football club.

A suspension from all football related activity may be placed on a player, official or spectator.

Basically officially allowed nowhere near our club or any other club or FA governed activity.

EDIT:
Worth adding too that Joey Barton had his 18 month ban reduced to 13 months on appeal.

There doesn't appear a lot of precedent here - especially where the punished party is working with another club unconcerned with the allegations.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 12:51]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Russ Green on 14:34 - Jul 8 with 3671 viewsD_Dale

Russ Green on 12:45 - Jul 8 by RAFCBLUE

The rules on this look onerous.

A suspension from all football related activity prohibits an individual from any involvement in football. This includes but is not limited to;

1) Attending any association football match played at a ground under the jurisdiction of the Football Association.
2) Participating in any association football match played at a ground under the jurisdiction of the Football Association.
3) Attending or participating in any training activities connected to any club under the jurisdiction of the Football Association.
4) Conducting any administrative duties connected to football or a football club.

A suspension from all football related activity may be placed on a player, official or spectator.

Basically officially allowed nowhere near our club or any other club or FA governed activity.

EDIT:
Worth adding too that Joey Barton had his 18 month ban reduced to 13 months on appeal.

There doesn't appear a lot of precedent here - especially where the punished party is working with another club unconcerned with the allegations.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 12:51]

It seems that we'll never get the full details of what he and the Hartlepool owners did that was so wrong (any more than we found out just why the normally gentlemanly Calvin Andrew so urgently introduced his elbow to Peter Clarke's jaw).

Both the Hartlepool chairman and Green appear to have decided not to deny the charges or attend the FA disciplinary committee, perhaps wanting to get the matter settled as soon as possible. But we seem not to know what precisely the wrongdoing was, who was mainly responsible for it, who benefited, how it came to light, why Green received most of the punishment, etc. Even if Green appeals, all the facts are unlikely to be revealed - and it's even less likely that the suspension will be fully rescinded.

The FA has its faults - probably fewer than some posters suggest - but it has to contend with some very dodgy people in the game, with some owners, managers, agents and players making a lot of effort to get round the rules. (Odd that had he not had to resign as England manager Big Sam might now be in Russia.)

In recent years, Rochdale AFC seems to have been a pillar of probity, and to move on from the current issue my guess is that there'll soon be a club announcement along the lines of 'Russ Green has resigned his post, he is thanked for all his work, and it is intended that a successor will be appointed before the start of the new season.'
Russ Green on 14:51 - Jul 8 with 3632 viewsSuddenLad

Russ Green on 14:34 - Jul 8 by D_Dale

It seems that we'll never get the full details of what he and the Hartlepool owners did that was so wrong (any more than we found out just why the normally gentlemanly Calvin Andrew so urgently introduced his elbow to Peter Clarke's jaw).

Both the Hartlepool chairman and Green appear to have decided not to deny the charges or attend the FA disciplinary committee, perhaps wanting to get the matter settled as soon as possible. But we seem not to know what precisely the wrongdoing was, who was mainly responsible for it, who benefited, how it came to light, why Green received most of the punishment, etc. Even if Green appeals, all the facts are unlikely to be revealed - and it's even less likely that the suspension will be fully rescinded.

The FA has its faults - probably fewer than some posters suggest - but it has to contend with some very dodgy people in the game, with some owners, managers, agents and players making a lot of effort to get round the rules. (Odd that had he not had to resign as England manager Big Sam might now be in Russia.)

In recent years, Rochdale AFC seems to have been a pillar of probity, and to move on from the current issue my guess is that there'll soon be a club announcement along the lines of 'Russ Green has resigned his post, he is thanked for all his work, and it is intended that a successor will be appointed before the start of the new season.'

The club may just suspend him from his duties, to coincide with the FA ban, pending an appeal. The ban may (or may not) be reduced on appeal, but until that time, any decision from either Russ or RAFC may be hasty.

It seems to be a serious restriction of his Human Rights to dictate what someone does in their own time. Why should he be banned from attending a game at a Football League ground ? That should be sufficient grounds for appeal in itself.

Punishing his conduct during his employment at Hartlepool is one thing, restricting his private movements and leisure time is something else.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Russ Green on 14:53 - Jul 8 with 3635 viewsRAFCBLUE

Russ Green on 14:34 - Jul 8 by D_Dale

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/16339145.pools-hit-by-fa-charge-as-former

I think D_Dale the allegations are very clear. There's a disparity of who pleaded guilty to what particular charge but in effect it's clear there was a general admittance of wrongdoing and the FA took a view of sanctioning everyone involved.

The FA have a mandate to clean up the game and this therefore becomes easy pickings when you have multiple guilty pleas and knowledge that Green was the man in charge of administrative oversight of Hartlepool.

Fair or not they will make an example of all parties.

What is less clear is the impact that has on us; the FA’s actions have an impact in their continuing competitions.

The two players at the centre of the payments to agents issue appear to have no sanction; which given they would have had to sign the paperwork for appointing the agents and the transfers in question itself appears very questionable.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Russ Green on 15:05 - Jul 9 with 3182 viewsNathaniel82

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/july/statement--russ-green-update/
Russ Green on 15:23 - Jul 9 with 3129 viewsDaleiLama

Russ Green on 15:05 - Jul 9 by Nathaniel82

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/july/statement--russ-green-update/

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Russ Green on 16:07 - Jul 9 with 3021 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That's about as good as we could expect.......Support RG and cover ourselves with back up if his appeal fails.
Russ Green on 16:19 - Jul 9 with 2993 viewsEllDale

Can he continue to work until the appeal is heard?
Russ Green on 17:00 - Jul 9 with 2891 viewsalbert_park

Why would Colin Garlick post on this site under an alias. I know your comment was a wind-up but I can assure you that Colin Garlick gets on very well with Russ. Also Kel, can you please moderate your language on this site and show a little bit of respect to the rest of us.
Russ Green on 17:11 - Jul 9 with 2856 viewsD_Dale

Russ Green on 16:07 - Jul 9 by Yorkshire_Dale

That's about as good as we could expect.......Support RG and cover ourselves with back up if his appeal fails.

Although I anticipated the board would have to let Russ Green go, I'm glad he's been offered the club's backing.

The club should also be commended for updating the supporters.
Russ Green on 17:42 - Jul 9 with 2781 viewskel

Russ Green on 17:00 - Jul 9 by albert_park

Why would Colin Garlick post on this site under an alias. I know your comment was a wind-up but I can assure you that Colin Garlick gets on very well with Russ. Also Kel, can you please moderate your language on this site and show a little bit of respect to the rest of us.

Yes, apologies for any offence caused.
Russ Green on 18:34 - Jul 9 with 2637 viewschalky_ncfc

Russ Green on 17:42 - Jul 9 by kel

Kel got told off

Russ Green on 18:39 - Jul 9 with 2619 viewskel

Russ Green on 18:34 - Jul 9 by chalky_ncfc

Kel got told off

Very good, chalks. I’ve not laughed so hard since that time I saw a woman beater described as a legend.
Russ Green on 20:09 - Jul 9 with 2442 viewsrochdale_ranger

Russ Green on 17:42 - Jul 9 by kel

That’s you told.
Russ Green (n/t) on 20:09 - Jul 9 with 2442 viewsroccydaleian

Russ Green on 18:34 - Jul 9 by chalky_ncfc

Kel got told off

[Post edited 9 Jul 2018 20:21]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024