Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) 23:40 - Aug 5 with 10385 viewsTheResurrection

No, not long, hopeless balls pumped up top but built from back to front with superb precision.

The 2 goals we scored yesterday were up there with the best we ever scored during our halcyon days and I've been worried about Nordvelt but always said his distribution was streets ahead of Fab's.

Twice we went from him in goal to score and wow, the fast, free flowing football has arrived, just a season too late.

These highlights are a joy to watch -

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:07 - Aug 7 with 1052 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:04 - Aug 7 by magicdaps10

I must say, I was impressed with what I seen Saturday

BUT

It is the first game, throw in the fact that the squad is very thin, I am a little more cautious before I go screaming like a teenage girl at a magic mike show.

I'm confident we'll get a few faces in, and Potter and his scout have made a great start in terms of players in. I don't think one will be Woods though, I think Clucas and Ayew deals will be too late in the day.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:12 - Aug 7 with 1036 viewsomarjack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:07 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

I'm confident we'll get a few faces in, and Potter and his scout have made a great start in terms of players in. I don't think one will be Woods though, I think Clucas and Ayew deals will be too late in the day.

If we keep Clucas and not sign another CMF I wouldn't be overly upset about that.

If Fede stays..then f*ck McKenna and whoever else we'd replace him with..give him the captaincy instead of Fer imo and keep him.

We surely need a striker though..I'm sure Huw is thinking we don't need more..we have McBurnie, Bony when fit..Asoro and Dyer can fill in too so we're good.

Well we are not good in that department that's for sure..a new striker is a must.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:16 - Aug 7 with 1024 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:12 - Aug 7 by omarjack

If we keep Clucas and not sign another CMF I wouldn't be overly upset about that.

If Fede stays..then f*ck McKenna and whoever else we'd replace him with..give him the captaincy instead of Fer imo and keep him.

We surely need a striker though..I'm sure Huw is thinking we don't need more..we have McBurnie, Bony when fit..Asoro and Dyer can fill in too so we're good.

Well we are not good in that department that's for sure..a new striker is a must.

I'm not convinced Clucas could fit into how we play, especially in CM.

Definitely don't want Mckenna, from what I have seen, would rather keep Fede but there is no chance he will get captaincy.

Agree regardign striker, I think we'll be looking in loan market for that, would have been intrigued to see how this Nmecha performed, but doesn't look like it will be with us now.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:17 - Aug 7 with 1021 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:59 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

So what was your post about last summer?

<<What is becoming clear though is that Viera and Mesa were not Clement signings, same as Chadli, same as Allen and same as Bony.

I think the only say he had was Tammy Abraham as the outlay was minimal. Huw and Mr Moneyball certainly rate themselves higher at spotting a player than Clement, which is a concern. I noted how lazy this transfer seemed to be at the time, which makes sense given what has emerged since. >>

Honestly, I'm not going to get into another endless debate with you, I can't be bothered, but you honestly contradict yourself all of the time, depending on which way you want to spin an argument.

Where is the contradiction?

You have a habit of quoting me (often misquoting me) and then pretending like it had any meaning.

What in that quote is the least bit contradictory then?

Thanks in advance.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:22 - Aug 7 with 999 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:17 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Where is the contradiction?

You have a habit of quoting me (often misquoting me) and then pretending like it had any meaning.

What in that quote is the least bit contradictory then?

Thanks in advance.

What have I misunderstood then? What do you mean by that quote?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 10:26]
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:35 - Aug 7 with 974 viewsSTID2017

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 08:17 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Completely understand that, I know you've been through a rough time, but with all due respect Huw Jenkins is not, and never will be top of my worry list either, there's more to life than football, but as this is a forum about Swansea City, I give my opinion on that.

Ps: May I also say, I hope everything is going as well as things can possibly be going at this present time for you, and hopefully the result on Saturday put a smile on your face at what must be an incredibly difficult time.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 8:26]

Cheers for that.
I have to be honest, on Saturday the second half gave me and I'm sure all Swans fans a big fillip. It was nice to see a Swans team going all out to win the game, and the bond between the players and fans seemed closer than it's been for a long time.
To be immersed in the atmosphere with all the Swans fans was also a refreshing change from recent matches I've attended at the Liberty

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:45 - Aug 7 with 962 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:22 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

What have I misunderstood then? What do you mean by that quote?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 10:26]

Post the thread so I can read it in context and tell you.

From it not in context it seems I am suggesting that we aren’t using Clements contacts, which is one of te main reasons I was not too unhappy at his appointment.

Post the thread and I will tell you.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:03 - Aug 7 with 935 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:45 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Post the thread so I can read it in context and tell you.

From it not in context it seems I am suggesting that we aren’t using Clements contacts, which is one of te main reasons I was not too unhappy at his appointment.

Post the thread and I will tell you.

It was in the Viera thread which went on for 30 pages, I came across it when you accused me of wanting us to sign Viera, but I said I wanted someone with the attributes he had, not necessarily him if he was too expensive.
Login to get fewer ads

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:03 - Aug 7 with 935 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:35 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Genuine question, was you happy with Jenkins overlooking transfers?

That question doesn't make sense but if you meant overseeing, what proof have you got of what he was EXACTLY responsible for?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 932 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:52 - Aug 7 by jack247

I agree, you do. Though we had 3 new players starting plus Dhanda. We managed to play a lot of good football with 8 starters who were either here, or loaned out by us last season.

Genuinely wonder what would have happened if we had just about stayed up. I’d like to think we’d have gone down a similar route, been in a better position offloading players that didn’t fit the ethos and been able to replace them with better ‘footballing’ players.

In all likelihood though, Carlos would still be here and Jenkins would still be signing square pegs. Maybe relegation will actually end up being a good thing if it gets us back playing football and keeps him away from player recruitment.

It's ten times easier to find a Celina or McKay for the Championship on what would be great wages to them than to find players who'd have a similar impact in the big league.

Anyone who can't see this is either terminally thick, pig ignorant or full of shit.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:10 - Aug 7 with 923 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 10:16 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

I'm not convinced Clucas could fit into how we play, especially in CM.

Definitely don't want Mckenna, from what I have seen, would rather keep Fede but there is no chance he will get captaincy.

Agree regardign striker, I think we'll be looking in loan market for that, would have been intrigued to see how this Nmecha performed, but doesn't look like it will be with us now.

McKenna must have been a Huw recruit.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:13 - Aug 7 with 916 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:03 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

It was in the Viera thread which went on for 30 pages, I came across it when you accused me of wanting us to sign Viera, but I said I wanted someone with the attributes he had, not necessarily him if he was too expensive.

FFS mate pack it in.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:26 - Aug 7 with 902 viewsjack247

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:06 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

It's ten times easier to find a Celina or McKay for the Championship on what would be great wages to them than to find players who'd have a similar impact in the big league.

Anyone who can't see this is either terminally thick, pig ignorant or full of shit.

So this FFF was a load of bollocks at the time then? We weren’t going to be able to do it in the PL after selling Siggy and Llorente?
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:38 - Aug 7 with 890 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:10 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

McKenna must have been a Huw recruit.

Huw isn't making decisions on players anymore, Potter said so himself. Potter will be judged on the team he builds, and rightly so.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:40 - Aug 7 with 886 viewsomarjack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:38 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

Huw isn't making decisions on players anymore, Potter said so himself. Potter will be judged on the team he builds, and rightly so.

From the look of it he was given a small transfer budget..around 15 m or so. (and that's only if Clucas, Fede and Ayew leave)

I don't think Potter should suffer criticism if the team he built lacks in quality in certain areas.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 11:41]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:42 - Aug 7 with 880 views34dfgdf54

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:40 - Aug 7 by omarjack

From the look of it he was given a small transfer budget..around 15 m or so. (and that's only if Clucas, Fede and Ayew leave)

I don't think Potter should suffer criticism if the team he built lacks in quality in certain areas.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 11:41]

Agreed, our targets should be realistic this year, I'm not expecting miracles. Top half would be a solid and successful season.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:44 - Aug 7 with 873 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:03 - Aug 7 by 34dfgdf54

As I said, post the thread then.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 842 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 11:26 - Aug 7 by jack247

So this FFF was a load of bollocks at the time then? We weren’t going to be able to do it in the PL after selling Siggy and Llorente?

We couldn't do it. Not with the Americans involved in transfers as heavily as they were.

But you're right, you've got me there but it's still a fact. Buying players like the ones we've brought in and changing the squad as much as we needed to, it's ten times harder in the EPL.

There's so many different factors in play including the manager that would've kept us up and the players who are already here. What we were asking for is that review they promised us, but as the Summer came around a new problem fell in front of us - last Summer was the 29 points we'd picked up in the second half of that season.

Hindsight has now proved we'd have been better off being ruthless and getting rid of Clement but next to no one wanted that.

So it's a dilemma where there's no exact science and no perfect answers. Had we brought in wide players, technical players who are comfortable on the ball, and brought in pace, you know FFF, don't you think we could've got at least another 3 points to have stayed up?

The obvious answer to that is yes, but then we go back to the problem of Clement and the Americans who thought they knew what they were doing at the expense of making sure we had a fluid team in front of us.

All this with balancing 100m worth of wages.

People on here make it sound so easy. It's truly insulting.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 12:31 - Aug 7 with 829 viewsvetchonian

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 12:25 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

We couldn't do it. Not with the Americans involved in transfers as heavily as they were.

But you're right, you've got me there but it's still a fact. Buying players like the ones we've brought in and changing the squad as much as we needed to, it's ten times harder in the EPL.

There's so many different factors in play including the manager that would've kept us up and the players who are already here. What we were asking for is that review they promised us, but as the Summer came around a new problem fell in front of us - last Summer was the 29 points we'd picked up in the second half of that season.

Hindsight has now proved we'd have been better off being ruthless and getting rid of Clement but next to no one wanted that.

So it's a dilemma where there's no exact science and no perfect answers. Had we brought in wide players, technical players who are comfortable on the ball, and brought in pace, you know FFF, don't you think we could've got at least another 3 points to have stayed up?

The obvious answer to that is yes, but then we go back to the problem of Clement and the Americans who thought they knew what they were doing at the expense of making sure we had a fluid team in front of us.

SO are you saying then that Huw was not involved with last years siginings and strategy?

If so why didny he do the decent thing and walk?

So the Americans decided to sign Bony and Ayew?

I do believe "cashflow" had a factor in Ayew and Bony returning as Ithink part of their fees may have involved outstanding monies owed against their original transfers out form us

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 12:33 - Aug 7 with 824 viewsjack247

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 12:25 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

That’s a very fair response and I’m not going to argue with any of it.

And going back to your previous post, yes, it’s clearly much easier to pick up bargains and mould a team to play more attractive football in the Championship. You’re up against inferior teams and there isn’t that ‘survive at all costs’ mentality that comes with the financial rewards of the PL.

I don’t think we could have transformed our style so quickly and certainly not as cheaply. There’s a huge nagging doubt in my mind though that had Jenkins both brought in a footballing manager and let him and his team identify the players we want, we could still be up there, punching above our weight and playing at least a version of what we saw Saturday.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:03 - Aug 7 with 797 viewsvetchonian

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:46 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

Of course. His transfers brought us the success you became accustomed to. It is his transfers that have everyone buzzing with excitement at what is to come.

Do I think he made errors? Of course, everyone does, including whoever would replace him, and whoever would replace them, then them and them and them ad infinitum.

The fact we stayed there for 7 years surpassing our wildest ever dreams while presiding over transfers which equaled a net transfer fee spend of c.£2m a season is incredible.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 9:48]

I think you need to get some facts straight.....Jenkins' sigining are actually mostly post Laudrup...the initial siginings were the work of Flynn,Kev Reeeves the latter fairly influential in spells as Flynns no2 and as scout under Martinez.In SOusas reign Huw had some influence, Trundle for one ...then Brendan used his contacts to bring in, SInclair,Borini Siggy,and Huws contribution included Emnes....then under Laudrup came Michu,Hernandez,whilst Jenkins gace us Ngog,Emnes,.

the stats show us since Laudrup left our signings have not been as "spectacular" as those prior to him joining and this is refelected in the fact that the previous scouting teams and mangers used their knowledge and contacts well.

Yes Huw has been at the helm for our most succesful period in our history BUT he has done it riding his luck and hanging on the tailcoats of others.

HE made some brave decisions along the way which could have backfired but actually worked for us.....the appointment of Roberto as a rookie manager, Brendans appointment given his earlier managerial failings,the coup of securing Laudrup but for all of those there are those appointments whihc went wrong....appointing Monk as Manager full time and allowing him to sideline Curtis...going back on all that had beensaid about Curt always remaining for "continuity" following Roberto's departure( the same was said about PAscoe but he jumped ship with Brendan)...we all know the history post Garry and included in this we hae the influence of the Americans.

Once more it appears we have struck "gold" with this manager and his staff.....also I dont think the return of Curt to the coaching set up can be undewrestimated....but also it appears our previous scouting/recruitment team has been dismissed....who employed them? Huw!! Maybe the Yanks have said enough is enough and are passing the baton to Graham and his team having done a review and relaised it was others with knowledge and nous who chose the players all HUw did was sign the papers!

YEs Huw has been at the helm for the good times but he has also been largely responsible for our demise and do not forget a HUGE part in the betrayal of the club with its sellout!

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:09 - Aug 7 with 791 viewsBadlands

Not getting carried away ... yet.
Sheffield played win win and left massive spaces to exploit, but we did have players to exploit them. Sheffield also stayed off players.
Saturday will be more of. realistic test. PNE will be more cautious and more physical.
(We also have an utter taunt refereeing.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:12 - Aug 7 with 787 viewsNeath_Jack

The classic Planet Gimp transfer formula.

Any player signed who turns out to be good = the manager at that time signed them.

Any player signed who turns out to be shite = Huw Jenkins signed them.

Simplistic, one dimensional thinking.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:13 - Aug 7 with 784 viewsNeath_Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 09:04 - Aug 7 by E20Jack

You need players to be able to play football in order to appoint a manager in order to make them play that way. It’s far easier saying than doing otherwise everyone would be doing it. You are also assuming that whoever replaced him in the transfer market would be successful, even though every single club outside the top 6 of the Premier League fails at it eventually.

Think that is a rose tinted and unrealistic view. Otherwise you could say “imagine if someone else made better decisions” to absolutely any scenario and by that reckoning we should never be relegated and be one of the best teams in the land. What we achieved under his guidance was already incredible, to knock that because you wanted even more isn’t really a fair standpoint given it was our most successful period in our history as it is.

Superb post.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:27 - Aug 7 with 770 viewsvetchonian

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:12 - Aug 7 by Neath_Jack

The classic Planet Gimp transfer formula.

Any player signed who turns out to be good = the manager at that time signed them.

Any player signed who turns out to be shite = Huw Jenkins signed them.

Simplistic, one dimensional thinking.

Is that what I said? As I guess you are referring to my post

Along the way it is possible Huw has unearthed a gem or two....but I was responding to E20s ( and the more I read their posts I am convinced it is MR T2C under a different guise) post regarding to how people are "treating " Huw

What I was highlighting is our "successes" in the the transfer market came from the "football " persons discussed.....personally I believe whilst Huw gets the "credit" for these failed siginings they are the result of recommendations of Leadbetter and his team ...who have now departed.....that said I waill always beleive that Trundle resigning along with that of Emnes are down to the fanboy in Huw wanting their return based on what they had been for us ...Trundle with his entertnaiment and Emnes for that day in Cardiff!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 13:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024