Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) 23:40 - Aug 5 with 10384 viewsTheResurrection

No, not long, hopeless balls pumped up top but built from back to front with superb precision.

The 2 goals we scored yesterday were up there with the best we ever scored during our halcyon days and I've been worried about Nordvelt but always said his distribution was streets ahead of Fab's.

Twice we went from him in goal to score and wow, the fast, free flowing football has arrived, just a season too late.

These highlights are a joy to watch -

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:31 - Aug 7 with 1227 viewsjasper_T

Bony was a Jenkins & Co. choice that wasn't on Laudrup's list of targets. Worked out pretty well the first time.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:32 - Aug 7 with 1221 viewsNeath_Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:27 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

Is that what I said? As I guess you are referring to my post

Along the way it is possible Huw has unearthed a gem or two....but I was responding to E20s ( and the more I read their posts I am convinced it is MR T2C under a different guise) post regarding to how people are "treating " Huw

What I was highlighting is our "successes" in the the transfer market came from the "football " persons discussed.....personally I believe whilst Huw gets the "credit" for these failed siginings they are the result of recommendations of Leadbetter and his team ...who have now departed.....that said I waill always beleive that Trundle resigning along with that of Emnes are down to the fanboy in Huw wanting their return based on what they had been for us ...Trundle with his entertnaiment and Emnes for that day in Cardiff!
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 13:29]

First point, I didn’t quote you, but if the cap fits.

Then I got as far as you saying Res and E20 are the same person then stopped reading.

My planet swans formula is bang on, and has been for years and years. I’m not going to try reasoning with you as there’s no point and it just goes around in circles.

When posters have made their minds up about who they think is responsible or not, they’ll stick with that. As is their right of course.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:36 - Aug 7 with 1203 viewsvetchonian

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:32 - Aug 7 by Neath_Jack

First point, I didn’t quote you, but if the cap fits.

Then I got as far as you saying Res and E20 are the same person then stopped reading.

My planet swans formula is bang on, and has been for years and years. I’m not going to try reasoning with you as there’s no point and it just goes around in circles.

When posters have made their minds up about who they think is responsible or not, they’ll stick with that. As is their right of course.

Well Its a shame you didnt bother to read the rest of my post as actually I go on to explain how I beleive that others are to "blame" for the so called Jenkin's singings.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:45 - Aug 7 with 1182 viewsvetchonian

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:36 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

Well Its a shame you didnt bother to read the rest of my post as actually I go on to explain how I beleive that others are to "blame" for the so called Jenkin's singings.

and signings too!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:54 - Aug 7 with 1164 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 12:31 - Aug 7 by vetchonian

SO are you saying then that Huw was not involved with last years siginings and strategy?

If so why didny he do the decent thing and walk?

So the Americans decided to sign Bony and Ayew?

I do believe "cashflow" had a factor in Ayew and Bony returning as Ithink part of their fees may have involved outstanding monies owed against their original transfers out form us

No, the Americans are involved in making the final decisions, they also brought in their stats guy, who's probably had very little success, they also waited and waited and WAITED for Siggy's price to creep up, meaning everything else was pretty much on hold until that decision could be made. There was a lack of communication around this, a stubbornness that played a huge part in our relegation.

What happened thereafter was as a result of this. We lost out on targets we could've been working towards, we went all in for just one player but we got priced out of that and we panicked.

Panic stations got worse come January but at least Carlos showed we could've got results enough to have stayed up, even if we capitulated towards the end. Clement was like a zombie around the place and his dour and boring demeanour took a hold of the place.

Jenkins is involved in the whole recruitment committee and transfer dealings. But he really isn't the main man.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:58 - Aug 7 with 1156 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 12:33 - Aug 7 by jack247

That’s a very fair response and I’m not going to argue with any of it.

And going back to your previous post, yes, it’s clearly much easier to pick up bargains and mould a team to play more attractive football in the Championship. You’re up against inferior teams and there isn’t that ‘survive at all costs’ mentality that comes with the financial rewards of the PL.

I don’t think we could have transformed our style so quickly and certainly not as cheaply. There’s a huge nagging doubt in my mind though that had Jenkins both brought in a footballing manager and let him and his team identify the players we want, we could still be up there, punching above our weight and playing at least a version of what we saw Saturday.

I think this may have happened had we scraped up last season.

But we'll never know for sure because it would've been just as hard on Carlos as it would've been on Clement

It's almost as if the Americans needed the shock of relegation and the threat of losing money for them to take a step back.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:58 - Aug 7 with 1156 viewsCaptain_Sham

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:31 - Aug 7 by jasper_T

Bony was a Jenkins & Co. choice that wasn't on Laudrup's list of targets. Worked out pretty well the first time.

Then why did HJ write in the program notes that "we cant keep spending £12m on a player we read about in the newspaper" when talking about Bony. Sounds very much like that was not his choice.

Its just a ride.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:00 - Aug 7 with 1149 viewsMattG

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 13:58 - Aug 7 by Captain_Sham

Then why did HJ write in the program notes that "we cant keep spending £12m on a player we read about in the newspaper" when talking about Bony. Sounds very much like that was not his choice.

From memory, his comments were after we had signed Bony and more about how we couldn't spend that sort of money on a regular basis which, at the time, was bang on.
Login to get fewer ads

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:17 - Aug 7 with 1120 viewsCaptain_Sham

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:00 - Aug 7 by MattG

From memory, his comments were after we had signed Bony and more about how we couldn't spend that sort of money on a regular basis which, at the time, was bang on.

I'm quoting him word for word. If you cant remember what he said, how can you know what he meant?
Edit: Ok I can see the irony here, I guess 'word for word' is little disingenuous.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 5:30]

Its just a ride.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:58 - Aug 7 with 1095 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:17 - Aug 7 by Captain_Sham

I'm quoting him word for word. If you cant remember what he said, how can you know what he meant?
Edit: Ok I can see the irony here, I guess 'word for word' is little disingenuous.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 5:30]

It wouldn't have been about the Bony signing.

He was trying, in his own dumbass way, to put a lid of expectations on our future transfer dealings.

Bony was a club signing, but not one that Jenkins would get any credit for. As Neath said earlier, any successful player we would sign would be classed as the managers.

When in truth, there's a full committee of all involved most of the time.

Not that Laudrup wanted Bony though, his greasy agent wasn't involved and that would've pissed them off.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:48 - Aug 7 with 1061 viewsjacksfullaces

a good win and some nice touches is hardly evidence that we have righted the ship.

why not wait a month or two and then some of these assumptions might actually mean something.

you'd think people would have learned by now, enjoy the moment in the short term, make your longer term projections on something more sustained.

define your parameters for making a judgement, explain your reasons, accept others may not agree, then move on.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:57 - Aug 7 with 1050 viewsCaptain_Sham

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:58 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

It wouldn't have been about the Bony signing.

He was trying, in his own dumbass way, to put a lid of expectations on our future transfer dealings.

Bony was a club signing, but not one that Jenkins would get any credit for. As Neath said earlier, any successful player we would sign would be classed as the managers.

When in truth, there's a full committee of all involved most of the time.

Not that Laudrup wanted Bony though, his greasy agent wasn't involved and that would've pissed them off.

Well he quoted £12m, which is what we payed for Bony.
The quotes are there for all to read (well all of those of you who have attended games) Read them and see what you think It means. I don't see how it matters who signed who. We signed some good players and we signed some bad ones. That's how it goes.

Its just a ride.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 17:36 - Aug 7 with 1010 viewsCaptain_Sham

Whoever he was talking about, there's no little irony in the quote, because that's exactly what we did with Baston.

Its just a ride.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 19:39 - Aug 7 with 978 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:48 - Aug 7 by jacksfullaces

a good win and some nice touches is hardly evidence that we have righted the ship.

why not wait a month or two and then some of these assumptions might actually mean something.

you'd think people would have learned by now, enjoy the moment in the short term, make your longer term projections on something more sustained.

define your parameters for making a judgement, explain your reasons, accept others may not agree, then move on.

What assumptions?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 19:42 - Aug 7 with 970 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:57 - Aug 7 by Captain_Sham

The quotes are there for all to read (well all of those of you who have attended games) Read them and see what you think It means. I don't see how it matters who signed who. We signed some good players and we signed some bad ones. That's how it goes.

What else did he say in those notes, what came before it and after it?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 19:46 - Aug 7 with 953 viewsKingBony

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 19:42 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

What else did he say in those notes, what came before it and after it?

Think you came before it right over his arse. After it you cuddled.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 20:00 - Aug 7 with 955 viewsNeathJack

Well these Americans sound utterly clueless and not fit to be involved in the football club.

Who on earth was the idiot responsible for them taking control of these decisions?
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 20:17 - Aug 7 with 941 viewsplasjack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 20:00 - Aug 7 by NeathJack

Well these Americans sound utterly clueless and not fit to be involved in the football club.

Who on earth was the idiot responsible for them taking control of these decisions?

Most owners are as you described, the only thing that matters is money, it is as it is, and if they were savvy football wise would it make any difference.
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 21:36 - Aug 7 with 903 viewsjacksfullaces

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 19:39 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

What assumptions?

the return of fast flowing football? (beyond this match and these moments)

let's review in a couple of months, or after 10 matches.

1 down 9 to go ...
Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 22:31 - Aug 7 with 878 viewsKingBony

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 15:57 - Aug 7 by Captain_Sham

It was absolutely about bony Shammy boy.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 22:43 - Aug 7 with 874 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 14:00 - Aug 7 by MattG

This is how i remember it.

Said we wouldn’t be making a habit of spending this kind of money after we signed Bony. Unfortunately we were almost forced to by the expectation level brought in after the short term plan to bring in Laudrup, Tutumlu and his players.

So as the point I made before. Great 12 months of our history which probably eroded our ethos to where we find ourselves today, it was the start of a very slippery slope. I wouldn’t take it back, but certainly acknowledge the negative impact and knock on effects of it.

We got their by sticking to a long term plan and even if managers changes the ethos and longevity were paramount.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 22:59 - Aug 7 with 862 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 21:36 - Aug 7 by jacksfullaces

the return of fast flowing football? (beyond this match and these moments)

let's review in a couple of months, or after 10 matches.

1 down 9 to go ...

Wasn't really making an assumption, just stating facts. That one game was a return to FFF.

Obviously a long way to go and it's hard to know what we've beaten in Sheff United, especially after their trouncing tonight, but I wasn't going to leave all that come in between my enjoyment of it.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 23:05 - Aug 7 with 855 viewsE20Jack

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 22:59 - Aug 7 by TheResurrection

Wasn't really making an assumption, just stating facts. That one game was a return to FFF.

Obviously a long way to go and it's hard to know what we've beaten in Sheff United, especially after their trouncing tonight, but I wasn't going to leave all that come in between my enjoyment of it.

If someone watched that and doesn’t see it as a concerted move back to passing football then they quite clearly either have their head in the sand or hoping that it was a one off to allow them to slate the club more.

Whether we win every week is another thing, but what is clear is that we will now play out from the back, have a bit of pace about our passing and have a patient and creative style.

Wonderful.

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 23:21 - Aug 7 with 846 viewsTheResurrection

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 22:31 - Aug 7 by KingBony

It was absolutely about bony Shammy boy.

It's not definitive.

He said this also...

"It's not what we are about as a club," he says. "Just going out and signing a player that scores 33 goals in Holland, anybody can do that. Just pick the paper up every weekend and there's your top goalscorer. I think our strength is to find players who are not quite tipping the mark somewhere else and making sure that, when they get consistency and a proper structure of playing, they come here and do well. We can't lose sight that's where we've built our club from."

It doesn't mean that's what we did necessarily, and he was trying to temper the fans expectation going forward that we are not the type of Club that poaches top scorers from their respective leagues and pays top dollar for them. He was just saying (or bragging) that we did things differently.

But anyway, regardless of this, we know Bony wasn't a Laudrup signing, so who gets the credit for this, De Telegraaf??

Nordvelt to McBurnie - Fast, Free-Flowing Football FFF (TM) on 23:36 - Aug 7 with 842 viewsE20Jack

Laudrup didn’t even play Bony regularly for the first month or so did he? Or am I not remembering that correctly? I’m sure people were calling him a waste of money early on and saying that Laudrup clearly didn’t fancy him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024