Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boring football 15:44 - Aug 25 with 6800 viewsCanaDale

Clearly the no fear football has disappeared, replaced with boring, predicable, and defensive play. Hill is doing a great job emulating his idol, Mourinho, with his wide men seemingly unwilling to cross the half way line. This team has been found out, and unless some spark returns this is going to be a long ass season. When you see so many players playing within themselves, it makes you wonder, is there something else going on, whatever it is, this can't go on.
Boring football on 15:48 - Aug 25 with 5198 viewsDale23years

It's the fans fault, not the super manager who's tactics are outdated , slow, boring and predictable.

But don't forget he give up loads to mange rochdale, we should be a soooooo honoured.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Boring football on 15:56 - Aug 25 with 5137 viewsblackdogblue

Should read Booooood honoured!!

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Boring football on 15:58 - Aug 25 with 5126 viewssweetcorn

Boring football on 15:48 - Aug 25 by Dale23years

It's the fans fault, not the super manager who's tactics are outdated , slow, boring and predictable.

But don't forget he give up loads to mange rochdale, we should be a soooooo honoured.

What a boring c**t you are, i think you enjoy dale losing so you can come and ejaculate on this forum 😂😂

This is shit there is no doubt, but here is my question for you.. who you replacing hill with?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boring football on 16:06 - Aug 25 with 5081 viewsDale23years

Boring football on 15:58 - Aug 25 by sweetcorn

What a boring c**t you are, i think you enjoy dale losing so you can come and ejaculate on this forum 😂😂

This is shit there is no doubt, but here is my question for you.. who you replacing hill with?

Yea I love paying money to watch us lose and do same mistakes week on week out.

I'd replace Keith hill with any fcuker atm, there are plenty of decent managers out there( who believe it or not don't think their the best manager to grace the football league).

Our club is moving forward off the pitch, but being held back by an outdated manager and his tactics on the pitch.

The above has been happening for 18 month, do you think that's acceptable (at any other club he'd be gone by now)

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Boring football on 19:29 - Aug 25 with 4894 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boring football on 15:58 - Aug 25 by sweetcorn

Well I don’t enjoy losing, and it is right Hill is under scrutiny, several people in the Sandy today said they would not be sad if he left

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boring football on 20:07 - Aug 25 with 4758 viewsanimal8

Boring football on 16:06 - Aug 25 by Dale23years

I'd replace Keith hill with any fcuker atm, there are plenty of decent managers out there( who believe it or not don't think their the best manager to grace the football league).

Our club is moving forward off the pitch, but being held back by an outdated manager and his tactics on the pitch.

The above has been happening for 18 month, do you think that's acceptable (at any other club he'd be gone by now)

Yes but any other manager that did come in .you would soon be on there case, because all you seem to want is Dale to lose so you can have your tantrums .stop going until hill leaves ,because you are becoming really bitter and boring .
Boring football on 20:18 - Aug 25 with 4696 viewskiwidale

Boring football on 20:07 - Aug 25 by animal8

Yes but any other manager that did come in .you would soon be on there case, because all you seem to want is Dale to lose so you can have your tantrums .stop going until hill leaves ,because you are becoming really bitter and boring .

When has he ever said that?

This is not the time for bickering.

Boring football on 20:21 - Aug 25 with 4678 viewsNinco

I can't believe that people are making judgement so early in the season. Players left us last season and new players have joined us. It takes time for them to gel as a team, and they have been playing clubs with far bigger budgets than ours. They just avoided relegation last season so why would anyone expect them to start this season by getting loads of wins against better teams? It's the same club with the same budget. It's going to be as tough this season as it was last season. We just have to go with it as unless we suddenly start getting massive crowds or a rich benefactor, we are stuck with low budgets.

The players all know Hill and he knows them. What you don't do is wait for the season to start, then sack the manager, pay him 5 years compensation, then bring in an Eyre / Coleman type of manager who will then still have the same under contract players that they don't know, and we all sit back while they take us down to league 2 again. For me, Hill is the best option available, and whilst we still may go down, as we can't compete with clubs like Barnsley, we need to give it our best shot.
Login to get fewer ads

Boring football on 20:29 - Aug 25 with 4646 viewsrichfoad32

Boring football on 20:21 - Aug 25 by Ninco

I can't believe that people are making judgement so early in the season. Players left us last season and new players have joined us. It takes time for them to gel as a team, and they have been playing clubs with far bigger budgets than ours. They just avoided relegation last season so why would anyone expect them to start this season by getting loads of wins against better teams? It's the same club with the same budget. It's going to be as tough this season as it was last season. We just have to go with it as unless we suddenly start getting massive crowds or a rich benefactor, we are stuck with low budgets.

The players all know Hill and he knows them. What you don't do is wait for the season to start, then sack the manager, pay him 5 years compensation, then bring in an Eyre / Coleman type of manager who will then still have the same under contract players that they don't know, and we all sit back while they take us down to league 2 again. For me, Hill is the best option available, and whilst we still may go down, as we can't compete with clubs like Barnsley, we need to give it our best shot.

It will take even longer to gel as a team if players are shuttled in and out of the side seemingly on a whim and are never sure what position they are going to be playing.
Boring football on 20:33 - Aug 25 with 4624 views49thseason

We have won just 9 of the last 36 home league games, 1 in 4, and that is cr@p by anyone's reckoning. No wonder the season tickets were cheap.
Boring football on 20:39 - Aug 25 with 4581 viewsanimal8

Boring football on 20:18 - Aug 25 by kiwidale

When has he ever said that?

Every time we lose .in all honestly shouldn't we all stick together .
Boring football on 21:02 - Aug 25 with 4472 viewsNinco

Boring football on 20:33 - Aug 25 by 49thseason

We have won just 9 of the last 36 home league games, 1 in 4, and that is cr@p by anyone's reckoning. No wonder the season tickets were cheap.

Well do as he said then, and phone the Chairman to ask him to sack him. Let me know what response you get.
Boring football on 03:16 - Aug 26 with 4235 viewsCanaDale

Hill is in the wrong job if he thinks he is immune from critisism, no matter what he has done for the club, he can't just swan around like the untouchable. Paying fans should be able to voice their opinions, without fear of being targeted for blame at their teams failures, and all managers need to take this on the chin, it's part of the job they're in

I'm not saying get rid of Hill, let's face it, he's the best for the job, but he needs to stop with this holy than thou attitude. He has gotten way too comfortable, all this blaming the fans is just white noise now, its almost expected, a way to divert attention away from the team's perfprmances.

It is a long haul season, fans are just disappointed, it will most likely be a difficult season, one which could come down to the wire again, I only hope that Hill doesn't let his ego rule over common sense with this team.
Boring football on 09:06 - Aug 26 with 4049 views442Dale

Boring football on 21:02 - Aug 25 by Ninco

Well do as he said then, and phone the Chairman to ask him to sack him. Let me know what response you get.

But so very few people are saying that Hill should go. The amount of considered, well informed posts on this board outnumber the extreme rants; the judgments being made are on the evidence available and Hill is making mistakes, some which are repeats of what he has made before. This squad has been rightly lauded as being better than that of last season, yet the results aren’t illustrating that yet. That, in the main, is down to the manager. It’s certainly not wrong to express that opinion when it’s backed up with examples of why.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boring football on 22:51 - Aug 26 with 3651 viewssoulboy

So, youd replace KH with "any fcuker", but you cant/wont name anyone. This ludicrous suggestion reared its head last season after defeats at Oldham and Charlton. I, for one, am intrigued with who you actually mean by "any fcuker" and would really like to know who is "any fcuker"?
Boring football on 23:49 - Aug 26 with 3605 viewsdingdangblue

Why do you keep saying 18 months? Season 16/17 we finished just outside the playoffs on 69 points and had a great season?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boring football on 00:02 - Aug 27 with 3591 views442Dale

Boring football on 23:49 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

Why do you keep saying 18 months? Season 16/17 we finished just outside the playoffs on 69 points and had a great season?

While not wanting to get into what dale23years said, the facts are we won only 5 games out of the last 21, picking up only 24 points when we had gained 45 from the first 25 games. It was a real missed opportunity.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Boring football on 01:03 - Aug 27 with 3565 viewskiwidale

Boring football on 23:49 - Aug 26 by dingdangblue

Im not here to defend Dale23years he can do that himself but you are too busy finding fault with him to think clearly... He is actually wrong about it being "18 months" The 16/17 season finished May 2017 a long time ago 15 months to be precise. 15 months to address what many on here plainly see. We have regressed as a team alarmingly since new year16/17 yes it's too early yet to form a conclusion or be resigned to another relegation fight but so far it has not been one for the optimist. Since the new year 16/17 that's 20 months ago we have played 68 games and won 16 or one in 4.25 extrapolate that over the rest of this season would give us 10 wins for the season, not 10 more wins 10 in total, last season we won 11. All theoretical and meaningless but it gives an historical perspective to d23ys post and why he isn't a happy camper.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 1:48]

Boring football (n/t) on 02:26 - Aug 27 with 3519 viewskiwidale

[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 3:13]

Boring football on 02:32 - Aug 27 with 3519 viewskiwidale

Hills suggestion that we phone the chairman was a dumb stupid thing to say. Its just as dumb when you repeat it.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 6:03]

Boring football on 07:58 - Aug 27 with 3412 viewsEllDale

We lost three players out of that 2016/17 team in Allen, Lund and NML.
We hardly saw a fourth last year in the shape of Keane.
Did we adequately replace them?
The rot started, to my mind, with the injury to Bunney and then continued with inadequate recruitment over the close season.
Boring football on 09:02 - Aug 27 with 3352 viewsdingdangblue

Boring football on 01:03 - Aug 27 by kiwidale

Im not here to defend Dale23years he can do that himself but you are too busy finding fault with him to think clearly... He is actually wrong about it being "18 months" The 16/17 season finished May 2017 a long time ago 15 months to be precise. 15 months to address what many on here plainly see. We have regressed as a team alarmingly since new year16/17 yes it's too early yet to form a conclusion or be resigned to another relegation fight but so far it has not been one for the optimist. Since the new year 16/17 that's 20 months ago we have played 68 games and won 16 or one in 4.25 extrapolate that over the rest of this season would give us 10 wins for the season, not 10 more wins 10 in total, last season we won 11. All theoretical and meaningless but it gives an historical perspective to d23ys post and why he isn't a happy camper.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 1:48]

But then do you just disregard the last 16 games of last season where we picked up a lot of points and Hill showed the ability to turn things around? It's still to early to say he's a busted flush.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Boring football on 10:07 - Aug 27 with 3242 viewsNorthernDale

Having listen to KH comments after the game, I have to agree with his overall view, but he sends the team out and selects the team.

I have said it before, we are repeating the mistakes of last season, we are too negative, the first goal for Walsall was bound to happen, how many times do we get to the halfway line and then pass it back to the keeper, who then passes it out again, yes we have the ball, but are mot creating anything and you only win games by scoring more then the opposition. Instead of quick passing football, we try to walk the ball into the penalty box, every other team fires in a quick ball before the defence can get organised, we wait for the opposition defence to get ready by passing it sideways, until we lose it. It was only when we were 2-0 down did we play with passion and started shooting from the edge of the box, but by that stage it was to late. It is as other people have said too predicable and every team now mores now we are toothless up front and if they pressurise the keeper they will get the ball and possibly score.

KH said at the end of last season, 'our forwards did not score enough goals' did he address it or does he look like addressing it, the answer is no, I like Wilbraham he is big and strong, wins the ball in the air and heads it down for somebody to run on to it, that is when they make the effort, he even runs back into defence, rather then jogs like some people, but is record last season was 2 goals in 38 games, and combine that with Andres record of just 3 league goals with a similar number of appearances, were are the goals going to come from? We are to dependent on Henderson, we need a goal scorer.

Questions must be asked, why is Cannon and Inman not starting games, MJ Williams as the build of Lund, but never seems to shoot or makes a nuisance of himself in the opposition defence, but seems happy to sit in midfield. As he been told to do this by KH, again Rathbone seems to be the scapegoat when we are not winning and lesser players are kept on the pitch, if it is not him it is Rafferty or Camps.

KH needs to look at what happen last season and how he was forced to change tactics towards the end to a more attacking game, rather then then trying to defend a nil-nil scoreline. What made it worse was that Walsall were not a good side by any imagination.
Boring football on 10:40 - Aug 27 with 3187 viewsEllDale

I think that the consensus is that, whilst people "accepted" defeats by Peterborough and Barnsley because of their form and their expected challenges for a promotion spot, Walsall were more timid and there for the taking.
What I dislike is not that the football is boring as much as the team shows no signs of urgency.
Boring football on 11:39 - Aug 27 with 3136 viewsYouTubeDale

Thank God I am in stunning Keswick taking my mind off the Dale but it inevitably comes to the fore every now and again. I am doing better at shrugging off the psychological effects of the Dale defeats. For your own health, you have to win that battle, but it’s a difficult battle to win. I came down from Helvellyn on Saturday just missing the first 10 minutes of commentary, knowing that I had another mountain to climb, that being a lofty Walsall. That mountain became bigger when our goalie made an error we all knew was coming. Hill said, blame me. In the final analysis that proved to be the difference between the teams. Blame Hill. Unless we can prove that we can play out of the back then we need to find another way. Punting it up to Andrew/Albo on his own, he heads it to no one, because Hill has instructed the other striker to be on the other side of the pitch. They must work close together for any chance of a goal. Williams gets his chance at the Sandy to prove what a goal scorer he is, but blasts it well over. Sorry, but someone else who can capitalise on that chance needs to be there next time...Williams, drop back. These are the kind of decisions Hill needs to make. Also, for me, we don’t have enough of the foxes in the box. Camps was that fox on this occasion, and he needs to be there again, and again now he has shown he can do it. Lillis has spilled the ball twice with an opposing fox in the box taking advantage. Hill should insist on putting a sniffer on duty at all times.
Done should have been taken off 5 minutes before. He was knackered and started making mistakes. Again, poor play by our manager.
Agree, there are too many back passes, and far too much foreplay up top. We score the goals when we just go for it as against Walsall and Fleetwood. This is all down to our manager.

In the end Hill made a mountain out of a mole hill.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 11:44]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024