Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This week's pre-match interview 14:14 - Nov 30 with 6743 viewsDorsetDale

A more reflective, honest interview. The full 20 mins available on freeview.
Takes full responsibility for Tuesday night.
Clough has had several niggly injuries and is injured now. Kgosi, Cannon also, Gillam been injured since the Bury game.
Worth a listen.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

This week's pre-match interview on 15:23 - Nov 30 with 5348 viewsdingdangblue

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/ifollow/

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

This week's pre-match interview on 16:06 - Nov 30 with 5306 viewsBainesy15

This week's pre-match interview on 15:23 - Nov 30 by dingdangblue

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/ifollow/

Really nice, frank interview for once. My only issue with Hill is the lack of communication regarding injuries really and the length of the post match interviews; it's hard to get anything from a minute or 90 seconds (maybe it's because I don't have ifollow).

At the end of the day, he has the full information from behind the scenes rather than our guesswork (which could be helped if he shared that with us), he knows what goes on in training and really we have no massive idea of the politics behind it all.

Yes he can be mystical with his answers but it's good to see him being honest
This week's pre-match interview on 16:32 - Nov 30 with 5253 viewsD_Alien

This week's pre-match interview on 16:06 - Nov 30 by Bainesy15

Really nice, frank interview for once. My only issue with Hill is the lack of communication regarding injuries really and the length of the post match interviews; it's hard to get anything from a minute or 90 seconds (maybe it's because I don't have ifollow).

At the end of the day, he has the full information from behind the scenes rather than our guesswork (which could be helped if he shared that with us), he knows what goes on in training and really we have no massive idea of the politics behind it all.

Yes he can be mystical with his answers but it's good to see him being honest

It's rarely that i'll watch a full interview of 20 minutes, but given the post-Oxford atmosphere it's only fair to give him a full hearing, and i'd pretty much echo your post

Proper communications go a hell of a long way. We now know (where previously we didn't) the injury situation and i hope that's a signifier for the future

I wonder whether there's been discussions behind the scenes regarding his presentation to the media? There was an oblique reference to social media at one point

All that matters now is keeping the points he's made at the forefront of his thinking instead of taking fans to task for expressing basically what he knows very well is happening right in front of our eyes

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This week's pre-match interview on 16:58 - Nov 30 with 5195 viewsMoonyDale

Now that was a full and frank interview, more like this please as it would dispel a hell of a lot of negativity on here from myself included....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

This week's pre-match interview on 17:19 - Nov 30 with 5157 views442Dale

This week's pre-match interview on 16:32 - Nov 30 by D_Alien

It's rarely that i'll watch a full interview of 20 minutes, but given the post-Oxford atmosphere it's only fair to give him a full hearing, and i'd pretty much echo your post

Proper communications go a hell of a long way. We now know (where previously we didn't) the injury situation and i hope that's a signifier for the future

I wonder whether there's been discussions behind the scenes regarding his presentation to the media? There was an oblique reference to social media at one point

All that matters now is keeping the points he's made at the forefront of his thinking instead of taking fans to task for expressing basically what he knows very well is happening right in front of our eyes

It has been said time and again that when fans have an awareness of a situation their understanding improves. It’s about consistency of approach for the club’s benefit.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This week's pre-match interview on 17:31 - Nov 30 with 5127 viewssmaclad1

This week's pre-match interview on 17:19 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

It has been said time and again that when fans have an awareness of a situation their understanding improves. It’s about consistency of approach for the club’s benefit.

So why isn't the fixture board updated? We should be told!
This week's pre-match interview on 17:37 - Nov 30 with 5109 views442Dale

This week's pre-match interview on 17:31 - Nov 30 by smaclad1

So why isn't the fixture board updated? We should be told!

No, we shouldn’t. That’s up to the club, as it is how they choose to represent themselves in public. It’s never been about doing what fans want, it’s about assessing what is of benefit to the whole club.

This week's pre-match interview on 17:40 - Nov 30 with 5095 viewsDaleiLama

Yes, I noticed that reference and other things he said certainly seem to contribute to a more conciliatory tone and worthwhile listen. I too stuck the whole thing out. I also noticed Leighanne using one of my lines - consistently inconsistent. I think the fact that it was free-to-view suggests that a bit of fence minding is the current M.O. from the club?

I also think when Hilly is honest like that, it's easier to appreciate how difficult his job is and he will get more sympathy from the fans. When he stops making it more difficult for himself too, he'll get even more support!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 17:43]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

This week's pre-match interview on 17:44 - Nov 30 with 5079 views442Dale

This week's pre-match interview on 17:40 - Nov 30 by DaleiLama

Yes, I noticed that reference and other things he said certainly seem to contribute to a more conciliatory tone and worthwhile listen. I too stuck the whole thing out. I also noticed Leighanne using one of my lines - consistently inconsistent. I think the fact that it was free-to-view suggests that a bit of fence minding is the current M.O. from the club?

I also think when Hilly is honest like that, it's easier to appreciate how difficult his job is and he will get more sympathy from the fans. When he stops making it more difficult for himself too, he'll get even more support!

It’s a really good interview, even down to early on taking responsibility for the defeat at Oxford. Whether it was by design or a shift in stance going forward, time will tell, but it is obvious which is the more positive route.

There is a responsibility on others, including fans, to support the manager and players. I hope that is realised by those who have an influence.

This week's pre-match interview on 17:46 - Nov 30 with 5067 viewsShun

This week's pre-match interview on 17:40 - Nov 30 by DaleiLama

I knew I caught a Scottish twang in your posts! You’ve been rumbled, DaleighanneLama.
This week's pre-match interview on 17:50 - Nov 30 with 5054 viewsDaleiLama

This week's pre-match interview on 17:44 - Nov 30 by 442Dale

It’s a really good interview, even down to early on taking responsibility for the defeat at Oxford. Whether it was by design or a shift in stance going forward, time will tell, but it is obvious which is the more positive route.

There is a responsibility on others, including fans, to support the manager and players. I hope that is realised by those who have an influence.

Agree with that 100%. The olive branch has been extended. Anyone who doesn't or won't accept it is either agenda-driven or has very strange motives for being a fan. Our support is important. Whilst he didn't come out and say it, it's the essence of what is needed to try to help us to become more consistent.

This week's pre-match interview on 17:54 - Nov 30 with 5039 viewsDaleiLama

This week's pre-match interview on 17:46 - Nov 30 by Shun

I knew I caught a Scottish twang in your posts! You’ve been rumbled, DaleighanneLama.

Moi?

This week's pre-match interview on 18:07 - Nov 30 with 5013 views442Dale

This week's pre-match interview on 17:50 - Nov 30 by DaleiLama

Agree with that 100%. The olive branch has been extended. Anyone who doesn't or won't accept it is either agenda-driven or has very strange motives for being a fan. Our support is important. Whilst he didn't come out and say it, it's the essence of what is needed to try to help us to become more consistent.

And the support has to come from within the club towards fans so that they are able to concentrate on positives. That will be illustrated in a myriad of ways.

As said, time will tell, there needs to be a change and it certainly doesn’t start in the stands. Nor does it necessarily rely on the manager. It’s a collective.

This week's pre-match interview on 18:08 - Nov 30 with 5009 viewsDorsetDale

Yep, pretty much my thinking with regards someone possibly having had a quiet word as to presentation and a good thing too.

As you, 442, and others say or allude to, it really does go a long way to getting fans back on side and so, so simple to do.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

This week's pre-match interview on 18:36 - Nov 30 with 4960 viewsrochdaleriddler

This week's pre-match interview on 17:50 - Nov 30 by DaleiLama

Has he apologised for slagging off fans? If not I’m not sure what olive branch he has offered. I read the observer where he says tues was his fault. We knew that anyway, if he changes his approach , fantastic. We have been here before though and although I have no agenda, and will still be there cheering the team on, I remain unconvinced by this apparent contrition, 3 day’s after the event

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

This week's pre-match interview on 18:59 - Nov 30 with 4909 viewsSuddenLad

This week's pre-match interview on 18:36 - Nov 30 by rochdaleriddler

Has he apologised for slagging off fans? If not I’m not sure what olive branch he has offered. I read the observer where he says tues was his fault. We knew that anyway, if he changes his approach , fantastic. We have been here before though and although I have no agenda, and will still be there cheering the team on, I remain unconvinced by this apparent contrition, 3 day’s after the event

Best draw a line under it all now. Unless, of course there is an agenda with a desperate need to keep the moaning and sniping going just for the sake of it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

This week's pre-match interview on 19:06 - Nov 30 with 4895 viewsDaleiLama

This week's pre-match interview on 18:36 - Nov 30 by rochdaleriddler

For me, blaming himself for the loss rather than the fans is said peace offering. Let's face it, we are all part of a HUGE dysfunctional family. And politically incorrect "Uncle Keith" isn't going to apologise for pinching cousin felicity's @rse. Considering we're in the run up to Christmas, it could be a lot worse. Tensions could be mounting before the boozing even starts. Anyway, each to their own. If anyone still wants to feel massively aggrieved, be my guest. There are as many personalities and ways to "support" your team as there are fans.

This week's pre-match interview on 19:06 - Nov 30 with 4889 viewsDaleiLama

This week's pre-match interview on 18:59 - Nov 30 by SuddenLad

Best draw a line under it all now. Unless, of course there is an agenda with a desperate need to keep the moaning and sniping going just for the sake of it.

Quite.

This week's pre-match interview on 19:27 - Nov 30 with 4823 viewsrochdaleriddler

This week's pre-match interview on 19:06 - Nov 30 by DaleiLama

For me, blaming himself for the loss rather than the fans is said peace offering. Let's face it, we are all part of a HUGE dysfunctional family. And politically incorrect "Uncle Keith" isn't going to apologise for pinching cousin felicity's @rse. Considering we're in the run up to Christmas, it could be a lot worse. Tensions could be mounting before the boozing even starts. Anyway, each to their own. If anyone still wants to feel massively aggrieved, be my guest. There are as many personalities and ways to "support" your team as there are fans.

Im not aggrieved! And yep a change of attitude will win me over in no time, let’s hope this time it’s genuine and lasts

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

This week's pre-match interview on 19:43 - Nov 30 with 4782 viewsDaleiLama

This week's pre-match interview on 19:27 - Nov 30 by rochdaleriddler

Im not aggrieved! And yep a change of attitude will win me over in no time, let’s hope this time it’s genuine and lasts

Fair play and agree. Some will still be aggrieved though - I can guarantee it!

This week's pre-match interview on 21:12 - Nov 30 with 4670 viewsThe_Knightowl

I thought that was quite heart felt and showed a great deal of humility........somebody mentioned "olive branch" I sense in there is the influence of a certain new CEO........somebody lacking the perceived arrogance of former CEO's ...........clarity goes along way.
This week's pre-match interview on 21:34 - Nov 30 with 4634 viewsJames1980

Great interview more like that please

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

This week's pre-match interview on 22:56 - Nov 30 with 4531 viewsBobbyjoe

Agreed. Francis?
This week's pre-match interview on 06:18 - Dec 1 with 4392 viewskiwidale

This week's pre-match interview on 21:12 - Nov 30 by The_Knightowl

I thought that was quite heart felt and showed a great deal of humility........somebody mentioned "olive branch" I sense in there is the influence of a certain new CEO........somebody lacking the perceived arrogance of former CEO's ...........clarity goes along way.

Heartfelt humility really? or a scripted damage limitation exercise, either way it is welcome. So can we expect a settled team with players in correct position and can the poor bugger Randle amongst others but his selection was glaringly obvious, expect an apology for being subject to an ambush being picked v Oxford in a team set up to fail?... I don't have an agenda but neither am I naïve.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 6:31]

This is not the time for bickering.

This week's pre-match interview on 11:00 - Dec 1 with 4275 viewspioneer

This week's pre-match interview on 06:18 - Dec 1 by kiwidale

Heartfelt humility really? or a scripted damage limitation exercise, either way it is welcome. So can we expect a settled team with players in correct position and can the poor bugger Randle amongst others but his selection was glaringly obvious, expect an apology for being subject to an ambush being picked v Oxford in a team set up to fail?... I don't have an agenda but neither am I naïve.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 6:31]

Im with you KD...proof of pudding.......action not words etc etc.

No more screwing around with line ups set up to fail?
No more slagging off the people who buy tickets

I hope so
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024