Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 19:13 - Dec 18 with 15640 views1983

https://www.peoplescollection.wales/discover/tags/57298

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:50 - Dec 21 with 1554 viewslifelong

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:00 - Dec 21 by Thrasher6

I don't understand the criticising of this post...it's part of the culture of being a long standing Swans fan. Anyone not understanding that's part of what we bought into....hooliganism...rivalries...stupid away days...football specials...most the time we had to like it or lump it. Personally I see no issue with it at all. If you don't like it then don't respond. To come on with moralistic tut tuts seems to suggest you need to get a life....we did years ago and it was what it was...
[Post edited 21 Dec 2018 22:18]

‘Culture’
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:52 - Dec 21 with 1554 viewssainthelens

I don't understand the criticising of this post...it's part of the culture of being a long standing Swans fan. Anyone not understanding that's part of what we bought into....hooliganism...rivalries...stupid away days...football specials...most the time we had to like it or lump it. Personally I see no issue with it at all. If you don't like it then don't respond. To come on with moralistic tut tuts seems to suggest you need to get a life....we did years ago and it was what it was...

This.
Growing up through the 70s and 80s, following the swans everywhere and when Tosh started charging through the league's every home game always had chat of how many away fans etc....the culture of the time. The games back then had a real edge.
Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:58 - Dec 21 with 1543 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:50 - Dec 21 by lifelong

‘Culture’

I appreciate your view. We are all different.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 00:15 - Dec 22 with 1484 viewsbonymine

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 22:52 - Dec 21 by sainthelens

This.
Growing up through the 70s and 80s, following the swans everywhere and when Tosh started charging through the league's every home game always had chat of how many away fans etc....the culture of the time. The games back then had a real edge.

This 100%.

That era was a huge learning lesson for me and it was what it was at the time ....no regrets at all 👍💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 00:37 - Dec 22 with 1472 viewsSTID2017

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 21:57 - Dec 19 by byron

There is a very thin line between bravery and down right stupidity you know😂

I can't stand hooliganism of any kind. It has been a blight on the game for as long as i have been watching.
However, as much as I would not condone the actions of Swansea fans going looking for trouble, how anyone can find humour in a situation that (by the sounds of it) led to a man losing his life is beyond comprehension

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 00:48 - Dec 22 with 1467 viewsSTID2017

Glad you had a life that included being a thug.
Some of us managed to get a life that actually involved watching and enjoying the football without becoming involved in all the hooliganism.
can fully accept that people did things in the past that they would look back now and think "What the hell was I doing?"
However, to be boasting about their antics as if they'd achieved something great ?
Just sad

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 09:32 - Dec 22 with 1380 viewsThrasher6

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 00:48 - Dec 22 by STID2017

Some of us managed to get a life that actually involved watching and enjoying the football without becoming involved in all the hooliganism.
can fully accept that people did things in the past that they would look back now and think "What the hell was I doing?"
However, to be boasting about their antics as if they'd achieved something great ?
Just sad

Oh here he comes...Mr Moral Crusader.....
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 9:32]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 09:33 - Dec 22 with 1375 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 00:48 - Dec 22 by STID2017

Just sad

Can be said about many things, when judgement is given a big two way street opens up.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Login to get fewer ads

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:04 - Dec 22 with 1350 viewsSTID2017

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 09:33 - Dec 22 by Loyal

Can be said about many things, when judgement is given a big two way street opens up.

I fully appreciate we all do or have done things that we regret.
However to look back on them, as some have, as "glory days" is something I personally can't understand
I did lots of things in my youth (minor by comparison I know), but with age I believe comes wisdom to look back and shake my head at my younger self

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:46 - Dec 22 with 1312 viewsunion_jack

Just to play devil's advocate for a second (and yes, using an extreme example), you could say that a couple of old SS officers sitting down and reminiscing over their war crimes is ok because it happened and was part of their 'culture' at that time in history.

I don't have a great issue with the thread though but just offering some food for thought.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 11:55 - Dec 22 with 1301 viewsLoyal

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 10:04 - Dec 22 by STID2017

I fully appreciate we all do or have done things that we regret.
However to look back on them, as some have, as "glory days" is something I personally can't understand
I did lots of things in my youth (minor by comparison I know), but with age I believe comes wisdom to look back and shake my head at my younger self

I take a positive from everything, from those times I gained great friends, from the good or bad decisions made I learned and developed and in my mature years I feel no reason to feel shame. Whatever people think and however people feel about any action I undertook baffles me still today, it's only because I have been open and honest that a judgement on me and others can be made 👍

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 12:40 - Dec 22 with 1262 viewsThrasher6

The 'culture' I was alluding to was Terrace Culture...clothes, music and general laddish behavior...I thought that was pretty obvious, but thought I would spell it out for those less streetwise

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 12:58 - Dec 22 with 1248 viewsunion_jack

Old faces from the past Enjoy 😉 on 12:40 - Dec 22 by Thrasher6

The 'culture' I was alluding to was Terrace Culture...clothes, music and general laddish behavior...I thought that was pretty obvious, but thought I would spell it out for those less streetwise

But you did mention hooliganism. Just saying.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024