Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nile Ranger to Dale! 23:41 - Jan 26 with 49745 viewsoddjob007

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8287721/nile-ranger-rochdale-newcastle-t
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:09 - Jan 27 with 3280 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:06 - Jan 27 by TomRAFC

Any who dodges a large portion of post to make a comment about melts is also a melt

Oh you mean the way you dodged my reply to your post about his goalscoring record, melt.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 14:12]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:11 - Jan 27 with 3269 viewsD_Alien

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 13:55 - Jan 27 by TomRAFC

A lot of the arguments don't hold up. Fans don't turn up to cheers most jobs, and learn to idolise day to day members of staff. People were turning against Hendo for rash tackles and red cards last season.

People can be a reformed characters absolutely, but a girlfriend beating money laundering repeat violent offender is a hell of a step beyond.

It's a big ask of the players to welcome him as well. Seen your mum get beaten up when you were a kid? Been robbed or defrauded? Hey, welcome the fellow to the fold.

Would the Dale loving naturally result in me cheering him of he banged it in the top corner, of course. I'd feel a bit grim after. If he didn't play football I don't think anyone would be as quick to defend.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 14:01]

Missing the point, since no-one is defending his behaviour

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:12 - Jan 27 with 3257 viewsSaxonDale

As an aside wouldn’t be surprised to see us sign Harry Chapman on loan, that’s if no one higher up in the league is in for him.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:16 - Jan 27 with 3237 viewsTomRAFC

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:09 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

Oh you mean the way you dodged my reply to your post about his goalscoring record, melt.

Nope, we just see the stats differently. 26 goals in 160 career games was what stood out to me.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:19 - Jan 27 with 3215 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:16 - Jan 27 by TomRAFC

Nope, we just see the stats differently. 26 goals in 160 career games was what stood out to me.

Why would goals at a level we’ve never played at matter to you? Particulary when it was early in his career..

Goals at the level we’re at seem more relevant to me

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:19 - Jan 27 with 3214 viewsTomRAFC

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:11 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

I take your point. You might not see bypassing it as a topic as not defending. Maybe defending was the wrong word. I guess I find that kind of thing unignorable when it comes to welcoming someone into the club I love.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:20 - Jan 27 with 3205 viewsfrenzied

Rangers past is his past..we can continually rake over his actions ..little point it’s done

His future is his and only he can influence where that takes him..perhaps he’s happy to be the
“Could have ...should have ..but didnt man”...the games loaded with them at the very highest levels.

I will leave it in Hills assessment of the situation.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:27 - Jan 27 with 3156 viewsrichfoad32

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:11 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

Maybe not defending it, but by advocating his signing they're certainly condoning it. I just think that it would be a completely different attitude if it was one of our dear neighbours that was linked with him and not ourselves.

Anyway, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Most of the focus has been on his off field transgressions and there hasn't been much mention of his countless 'disciplinary problems' at other clubs as well. Equally, it matters not a jot what I would do and if signed he turns out to be a model citizen and fires the goals that keep us in League One, I will be cheering as loudly as anyone else.
Login to get fewer ads

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:29 - Jan 27 with 3138 views1907

Let’s give him a chance.

NML turned up with a questionable attitude & reputation from his time at Peterborough and he did alright
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:36 - Jan 27 with 3086 viewsTheBeast666

Ranger is a vile human being, a despicable reptile who has repeatedly and systematically been involved over time in serious criminality. Lee Hughes and Ched Evans were lambasted for single unacceptable incidents but Ranger has repeatedly acted in a totally antisocial and violent manner and should never be welcomed just because he might bag a few goals. He was undoubtedly a good footballer but we need to have some moral compass here, no one who destroys property, assaults his partner, is violent to strangers and involved across a range of premeditated criminal acts should be encouraged. Total scumbag, avoid avoid avoid.
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:37 - Jan 27 with 3080 viewsD_Alien

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:27 - Jan 27 by richfoad32

Maybe not defending it, but by advocating his signing they're certainly condoning it. I just think that it would be a completely different attitude if it was one of our dear neighbours that was linked with him and not ourselves.

Anyway, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Most of the focus has been on his off field transgressions and there hasn't been much mention of his countless 'disciplinary problems' at other clubs as well. Equally, it matters not a jot what I would do and if signed he turns out to be a model citizen and fires the goals that keep us in League One, I will be cheering as loudly as anyone else.

I absolutely disagree that advocating signing him is in any way condoning his past behaviour

Edit: and marking posts down doesn't alter that
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 14:40]

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:06 - Jan 27 with 2956 viewsrochdaleriddler

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:19 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

Why would goals at a level we’ve never played at matter to you? Particulary when it was early in his career..

Goals at the level we’re at seem more relevant to me

If he is unfit , hasn’t played for ages I’m not sure whether his goal scoring record is any indicator of what he may do now. A lot of people banged on about age not being a factor in the summer signings, it was.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:31 - Jan 27 with 2858 viewsBrierls

This would be a tricky one.

I despised Lee Hughes and every club that signed him, but that was because he fled and left somebody to die. I would have signed Ched Evans in a heartbeat, especially after being judged not guilty.

For me, Nile Ranger sits in between the two.

The holier than thou attitude of some Dale fans is strange in a way. I can’t put my finger on why, it just doesn’t sit right. We do things right financially, and that is something to be proud of. The flip side of that is from a footballing perspective we have to take a risk when signing players who enable us to compete at this level. Often that is with players who have lost their way, and while Ranger pushes the boundaries on that, he does fall into that category.

We’ll have to wait and see if there’s any truth in it.

P.S. I’d welcome a serial killer if he was a quality left back.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 16:30]
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:54 - Jan 27 with 2770 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:06 - Jan 27 by rochdaleriddler

If he is unfit , hasn’t played for ages I’m not sure whether his goal scoring record is any indicator of what he may do now. A lot of people banged on about age not being a factor in the summer signings, it was.

How do we know he is unfit though? He may have been keeping himself ticking over in the gym for when someone decides to take a punt on him? All the players who’ve had a break for criminal reasons all seem to have done alright when they’ve come back to the game and he’s reaching his peak years physically..

We get it you didnt want us to sign perkins and wilbraham due to their age, one gold star for you.. now do you have to keep bringing it up repeatedly?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 16:50 - Jan 27 with 2602 viewsDaleaholic

Brierls alludes to what I'm going to add...

Why do so many Dale fans think we should be so prim and proper with who we employ to play football? We're in a bit of a dire situation and we need players who will battle hard and don't mind being a bit nasty. Simple fact is that we need goals from a source other than Ian Henderson and this might just be the player we need.

Hill isn't stupid and the board aren't stupid... If we are indeed offering Nile Ranger a contract, it will be on terms that suit us. We need a striker, Nile Ranger is a striker.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 17:27 - Jan 27 with 2491 viewsjudd

If he does sign I hope we've got rid of them fookin tyres

Poll: What is it to be then?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 17:41 - Jan 27 with 2423 viewselectricblue

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 14:00 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

Anyone who idolises footballers are melts..

Anyone who also thinks that because their kid likes a footballer they could act like they do in their personal lives are also melts.

What the hell is a melt !

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 17:51 - Jan 27 with 2393 viewselectricblue

If this rumour is in anyway true will there be any way a stand off between Hill and the Board!.
Will the board stand their ground and say look keith this club as an image and signing players like Ranger will tarnish that image...

Also could Hill push and says its for football reasons only!

Could this cause a rift between the two.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:00 - Jan 27 with 2356 viewssweetcorn

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 17:41 - Jan 27 by electricblue

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=melt
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 18:07]

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:04 - Jan 27 with 2341 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 17:41 - Jan 27 by electricblue

Everyone deserves a second chance but a sixth chance, with his overall history, I would sooner went down than stooped to signing him. Comparing him to ched Evans is not a fair comparison, he is a serial criminal, having been given a potentially great career, and he would sooner commit fraud, robbery etc. Leopards and spots and all that. Evans made one mistake in messing about with a girl with a very dodgy reputation, who should probably be in prison herself, anyway that’s another story that I posted on ages ago.

I know for a fact we have sacked 4 youth team players in the past for stealing a charity box from ladbrokes and stealing from the dressing room, sure their are others I don’t know about. We are meant to be a family club, and if we sign him we may as well forget that.

To my knowledge we have never signed a player with a serious criminal conviction and prefer we don’t go down that route with a serial offender.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:06 - Jan 27 with 2335 views49thseason

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 17:51 - Jan 27 by electricblue

If this rumour is in anyway true will there be any way a stand off between Hill and the Board!.
Will the board stand their ground and say look keith this club as an image and signing players like Ranger will tarnish that image...

Also could Hill push and says its for football reasons only!

Could this cause a rift between the two.......

Its hard to imagine that there hasn't been some sort of discussion between Hill and at least some of the board about this prior to his arrival , even if only to justify the hotel bills. I have no doubt there will have been lots of ifs and buts, but if the lad has turned a corner in his attitude then why not give him a go, The lad must realise there will not be many more opportunities after this one, either he gets his head right or he will be history, maybe Calvin will be mentoring him?
Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:17 - Jan 27 with 2279 viewsjudd

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:04 - Jan 27 by Thacks_Rabbits

Everyone deserves a second chance but a sixth chance, with his overall history, I would sooner went down than stooped to signing him. Comparing him to ched Evans is not a fair comparison, he is a serial criminal, having been given a potentially great career, and he would sooner commit fraud, robbery etc. Leopards and spots and all that. Evans made one mistake in messing about with a girl with a very dodgy reputation, who should probably be in prison herself, anyway that’s another story that I posted on ages ago.

I know for a fact we have sacked 4 youth team players in the past for stealing a charity box from ladbrokes and stealing from the dressing room, sure their are others I don’t know about. We are meant to be a family club, and if we sign him we may as well forget that.

To my knowledge we have never signed a player with a serious criminal conviction and prefer we don’t go down that route with a serial offender.

Seems to me that the nearest we'd come to signing a player with a criminal record would be if they had the best of Take That on CD

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:20 - Jan 27 with 2256 viewsD_Alien

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:17 - Jan 27 by judd

Seems to me that the nearest we'd come to signing a player with a criminal record would be if they had the best of Take That on CD

Why would Gary Barlow pen a song about our former chairman?

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:22 - Jan 27 with 2248 viewsjudd

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:20 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

Why would Gary Barlow pen a song about our former chairman?

You mean "Want you back"?

I am NOT a Take That fan disclaimer

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 18:25 - Jan 27 with 2232 viewsrochdaleriddler

Nile Ranger to Dale! on 15:54 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

How do we know he is unfit though? He may have been keeping himself ticking over in the gym for when someone decides to take a punt on him? All the players who’ve had a break for criminal reasons all seem to have done alright when they’ve come back to the game and he’s reaching his peak years physically..

We get it you didnt want us to sign perkins and wilbraham due to their age, one gold star for you.. now do you have to keep bringing it up repeatedly?

I wasn’t trying to have a dig, others have commented he was never a fastidious trainer, so I’m assuming he hasn’t took it apon himself to do the hard yards independently. If he is reformed and fit, fantastic

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024