Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde 06:47 - Jun 1 with 4876 viewsinthenet

Signs for Fylde on a 2 year deal good move for him , it’s probably around his level hope he does well always gave 100%

Rastrickblue

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 07:41 - Jun 1 with 4830 viewskiwidale

He will possibly be on more money good luck to him he might prosper with a different manager playing for Hill did him no favours.

This is not the time for bickering.

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 10:49 - Jun 1 with 4629 viewsboromat

I could see him doing well there. Great club and a great move for him.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 10:55 - Jun 1 with 4619 viewsSuddenLad

I like how they have announced on twitter that he was 'signed from Rochdale', giving the impression he was lured to them for us.

I wish the lad well. I hope it works out for him over there.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 11:01 - Jun 1 with 4600 viewsdawlishdale

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 10:55 - Jun 1 by SuddenLad

I like how they have announced on twitter that he was 'signed from Rochdale', giving the impression he was lured to them for us.

I wish the lad well. I hope it works out for him over there.

Good luck, but I've said all along that he just wasn't anywhere near good enough for L1 football, and his stats back that up. Hope for his sake that he finds some form at Fylde.
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 13:34 - Jun 1 with 4407 viewsboromat

I'm sure he learnt alot during his time with us especially with it being his first time in a full time professional environment (as far as I'm aware). He was great for Barrow and I can see him doing well for Fylde.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 13:51 - Jun 1 with 4367 viewsrichfoad32

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 07:41 - Jun 1 by kiwidale

He will possibly be on more money good luck to him he might prosper with a different manager playing for Hill did him no favours.

Why? Hill gave him more than enough chances this season but he proved not to be quite good enough. Can't fault his effort though, good luck to him.
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 14:24 - Jun 1 with 4314 viewsisitme

He worked hard but lacked the talent and awareness to succeed in League One. All the talk of pace is also somewhat deceptive as he is not exactly quick.
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 14:41 - Jun 1 with 4287 viewsD_Alien

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 14:24 - Jun 1 by isitme

He worked hard but lacked the talent and awareness to succeed in League One. All the talk of pace is also somewhat deceptive as he is not exactly quick.

What stood out for me is that, although i saw all of his time on the field at home, i never once saw him beat his man, either through skill or through pace. But i'll give the lad his due - even after the nth attempt he still kept trying. At first i thought it might be a confidence issue but in the end, not good enough. Like others, i wish him luck but suspect he'll need more than that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 17:40 - Jun 1 with 4095 viewsChaffRAFC

I remember Blackburn away on Boxing Day a couple of years ago. Williams was playing and offered absolutely nothing and at half time, I launched into an absolute tirade of how this lad was awful. " I've no idea why we paid anything for him, let alone a decent fee and that he can't beat a man, can't get in positions to cross" etc etc. Anyway, as I turned away from my mate who I was talking to, another man on my other side got up and started to walk away but before doing so said "I agree, he's been shite today, but your manager is f***ing clueless, doesn't play to his strengths and has no idea what kind of player he's bought, and by the way, I'm his Dad!"

True story.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 18:28 - Jun 1 with 3987 viewsisitme

Out of interest what should Hill have been doing to play to his strengths?

I've been sat near relatives of Lund, Jones and Eastham in the past. Thankfully I wasn't criticising them!
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 18:38 - Jun 1 with 3970 viewsCleedale

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 14:41 - Jun 1 by D_Alien

What stood out for me is that, although i saw all of his time on the field at home, i never once saw him beat his man, either through skill or through pace. But i'll give the lad his due - even after the nth attempt he still kept trying. At first i thought it might be a confidence issue but in the end, not good enough. Like others, i wish him luck but suspect he'll need more than that

Just add...

...and possibly to do with level, didn't have a great awareness of those around him in the last third when other options were on...and the number of Roy Of The Rovers shots 'off target' was exasperating.

Can't disagree with his energy but time will tell.
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 18:39 - Jun 1 with 3969 viewsArthurDaley

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 14:24 - Jun 1 by isitme

His pace was deceptive, he was a lot slower than what you thought.

A large VAT Dave

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 18:56 - Jun 1 with 3926 viewsCleedale

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 17:40 - Jun 1 by ChaffRAFC

I remember Blackburn away on Boxing Day a couple of years ago. Williams was playing and offered absolutely nothing and at half time, I launched into an absolute tirade of how this lad was awful. " I've no idea why we paid anything for him, let alone a decent fee and that he can't beat a man, can't get in positions to cross" etc etc. Anyway, as I turned away from my mate who I was talking to, another man on my other side got up and started to walk away but before doing so said "I agree, he's been shite today, but your manager is f***ing clueless, doesn't play to his strengths and has no idea what kind of player he's bought, and by the way, I'm his Dad!"

True story.

Hopefully that won't come back to haunt us Chaff.

But, do remember quite a few slating a certain person for his inability to hit a barn door on occasion.

Obviously that didn't continue.

Over to you Mr. Glenn Murray.
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 10:06 - Jun 2 with 3656 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 18:56 - Jun 1 by Cleedale

Hopefully that won't come back to haunt us Chaff.

But, do remember quite a few slating a certain person for his inability to hit a barn door on occasion.

Obviously that didn't continue.

Over to you Mr. Glenn Murray.

At least Murray could raise the point of a Dale goal ratio of one in two (25 goals in 54 games) as reasonable evidence that he could very much hit a barn door whilst he was here. Not sure what Williams riposte would be to his detractors.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 20:42 - Jun 3 with 3185 viewsD_Dale

I suspect the Fylde manager is taking a punt on Williams recovering the form that saw him score a few goals for Barrow three seasons ago.

In L1 Peterborough have just paid a club-record (but undisclosed) fee for Mohamed Eisa:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48484432

Last season he failed to score in 5 league appearances (all as a sub) for Bristol City. For a reported £1.5m, he joined Bristol C. last July from Cheltenham, after scoring 23 goals in 45 league appearances.

With such fees being paid for inconsistently performing strikers, it's hard to see how BB-M will find a forward capable of even getting into double figures, Maybe the best option available is Aaron Wilbraham, unless there's a young loanee who could step up to the mark.
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 21:12 - Jun 3 with 3112 viewsJames1980

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Out of contract forwards

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 21:58 - Jun 3 with 3018 viewsrichfoad32

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 21:12 - Jun 3 by James1980

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Out of contract forwards

Hmmmm, not a particularly inspiring list although admittedly I know nothing about half of them. Nile Ranger still knocking about, as is George Donnelly.....
Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 17:33 - Jun 4 with 2771 viewsJames1980

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 21:58 - Jun 3 by richfoad32

Hmmmm, not a particularly inspiring list although admittedly I know nothing about half of them. Nile Ranger still knocking about, as is George Donnelly.....

Irish free agent forwards perhaps BBM will consider one of these. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 17:37]

Jordan Williams signs for Fylde on 17:39 - Jun 4 with 2739 viewsJames1980

And Free Agents from the otherside of Hadrian's wall

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024