Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rose Bowl Trophy 23:36 - Jul 17 with 6731 viewsmikehunt

Are we playing for that on Saturday? Are we the current holders?
There was a match at Spotland, in the dim and distant past, that made the papers because a police horse had to clear battling fans off the pitch. Ah! The good old days.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rose Bowl Trophy on 19:00 - Jul 20 with 1688 viewsD_Alien

Rose Bowl Trophy on 18:28 - Jul 20 by mingthemerciless

I thought that the " Cavalry " charge was the 2-0 FA Cup game about that time. I have vivid memories of the Police Horses ( I thought there were two ) trotting down from the top of the " Kop " at the Church Inn end, leaping over the boundary wall and galloping the full length of the touch line on the Main Stand side. Blokes were diving head first over the wall to get away ! When the horses got to the Sandy Lane end they turned around and galloped back, by then the pitch was empty of idiots.

Who nobody got trampled I'll never know.

If my memory serves me well there were 12,000 plus on that day.

I think Oldham invaded the pitch when they went 2-0 down and they could see the writing on the wall.

No, definitely the Rose Bowl fixture in 1969

The crowd for the FA Cup game in 1970 was just short of 15000, the biggest i've seen on the ground but there were no incidents, despite fans changing ends at half time

[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 19:02]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rose Bowl Trophy on 19:41 - Jul 20 with 1493 viewssoulboy

Just a small request for the forthcoming season, can post match interviews for the i player be conducted somewhere reasonably quiet and not somewhere which sounds like its theyre stood on the hard shoulder of the M62!
Rose Bowl Trophy on 22:39 - Jul 20 with 1137 viewsmingthemerciless

Rose Bowl Trophy on 19:00 - Jul 20 by D_Alien

No, definitely the Rose Bowl fixture in 1969

The crowd for the FA Cup game in 1970 was just short of 15000, the biggest i've seen on the ground but there were no incidents, despite fans changing ends at half time

[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 19:02]

Which ever game it was I definitely remember the police horses clearing the pitch of knob heads in about 10 seconds flat.
Thinking about it my mental view of the game is from directly opposite the main stand. My mental picture of the Cup game was from behind the goals at the Church Inn End so it looks like you are right.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024