Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prelude to War? 20:03 - Jul 19 with 6572 viewsblackdogblue

Iran’s just seized a British Oil Tanker....

Interesting to see the next 12-24 hours

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Prelude to War? on 13:46 - Jul 20 with 1603 views49thseason

Prelude to War? on 13:35 - Jul 20 by James1980

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelschein/2018/08/16/trump-fails-at-everything-

It seems to be a thing with Billionaires. The thing is they become billionaires by trying and failing. not many others can afford to try.
https://www.businessinsider.com/richard-branson-fails-virgin-companies-that-went
Prelude to War? on 13:47 - Jul 20 with 1600 viewsrochdale_ranger

Prelude to War? on 12:36 - Jul 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

Let’s just ignore Iran doing this, maybe send them a hamper, delivered by Jeremy C, who can explain all the benefits of LGBT to them, maybe give them a talk on how successful communism is, and all would be good, Iran after all are well know for there liberal attitude and superb human rights past.

Alternatively we could slag trump off, who will without doubt has been the best president the USA has ever had for economic growth so far in his tenure, and despite him being an egotistical turd, has in fairness made less cock ups than our own shambles of a government in recent years.

Iran are going to get a bloody good shoeing, in 1 way or another, they will face sanctions first I would imagine, warships will be on the way to get our tankers back and if they are stupid enough to attempt to retaliate, they probably won’t have a nazy or Air Force a week later.

Americans hate Iran more than Iraq so it will be a very popular war for trump, he won’t need much prompting to start it.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 13:09]

The U.K. totally unnecessarily stopped an Iranian tanker from travelling to Syria in Gibraltar the other week. Did you think there would be no tit for tat repercussions? What’s Jeremy Corbyn got to do with anything and while we are on the subject of human rights we are allied with much worse in the region in that respect.

Will Iran get the same kind of shoeing that Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan did? In the same respect that the shoeings they got caused more terrorism around the globe and migrants coming to Europe as well as humanitarian crisis?

Americans aren’t any more hateful of Iran or any other nation then we or anybody else are. After the quagmire in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan people know better. As an aside I don’t think a nation with a standing army of three million will be a pushover.
Prelude to War? on 13:52 - Jul 20 with 1592 viewsThacks_Rabbits

It was seized due to the fact it was apparently heading to Syria which would breach the sanctions that are in place. As it happened it was a uk ship that stopped it but any other nation could have stopped and seized it.

Out of interest do you think Iran’s actions are ok?

Nothing personal against yourself moony btw, it’s all about opinions and views and not anything other than that.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Prelude to War? on 14:01 - Jul 20 with 1569 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Prelude to War? on 13:47 - Jul 20 by rochdale_ranger

The U.K. totally unnecessarily stopped an Iranian tanker from travelling to Syria in Gibraltar the other week. Did you think there would be no tit for tat repercussions? What’s Jeremy Corbyn got to do with anything and while we are on the subject of human rights we are allied with much worse in the region in that respect.

Will Iran get the same kind of shoeing that Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan did? In the same respect that the shoeings they got caused more terrorism around the globe and migrants coming to Europe as well as humanitarian crisis?

Americans aren’t any more hateful of Iran or any other nation then we or anybody else are. After the quagmire in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan people know better. As an aside I don’t think a nation with a standing army of three million will be a pushover.

And I assume you think Neville Chamberlain was a genius politician?

We would be spending marks not pounds now if nobody stood up to tyrants and breaches of rules put in place for a reason.

3 million troops with ak47’s can’t shoot down a cruise missile fired from 150 miles away!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Prelude to War? on 14:06 - Jul 20 with 1544 viewsMoonyDale

Prelude to War? on 13:52 - Jul 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

It was seized due to the fact it was apparently heading to Syria which would breach the sanctions that are in place. As it happened it was a uk ship that stopped it but any other nation could have stopped and seized it.

Out of interest do you think Iran’s actions are ok?

Nothing personal against yourself moony btw, it’s all about opinions and views and not anything other than that.

Yes we say it was a legal seizure of their ship as it was breaking sanctions we with the UN imposed for them developing nuclear materials above the level agreed...I have a problem with any country or countries imposing rules on others in the first place, Trump has nukes as does Putin, our old mate Kim Jong, and those paragons of virtue China...Personally I wouldn't trust Trump to operate one of out turnstiles, Iranian actions as in seizing the tanker I believe is just tit for tat. If it had been flying it's countries flag instead of a flag of convenience I don't think they would have looked twice at it...Am not a massive fan of sanctions as it only hurts normal folk trying to live and feed their families and not the idiots running the asylum at the top...What I really object to is the media whipping up war fever with articles and front pages like we saw today in the Mail..You would think they had nicked the Royal Yacht with the whole family on it instead of a ship with a contentious FOC being flown because it's saving a few quid or the regulations in this country are more relaxed than in the country of origin of the ship involved....But crucially, war makes money....And those in power love a bit of the folding stuff, it does shift attention also from problems at home...Of which we have many..Sad times..
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 14:09]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Prelude to War? on 14:15 - Jul 20 with 1519 viewsrochdale_ranger

Prelude to War? on 14:01 - Jul 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

We would be spending marks not pounds now if nobody stood up to tyrants and breaches of rules put in place for a reason.

3 million troops with ak47’s can’t shoot down a cruise missile fired from 150 miles away!!!

We have been arming the Saudis we aren’t appeasing tyrants we are aiding them. Comparing this with Nazi Germany is just silly. And I’m sorry if I’m coming across as a corbyn supporting lgbt commie poofter but seeing him say the situation should be calmed down is preferable to pencil neck Jeremy hunt on the TV throwing about threats of consequences, especially considering all of the defence cuts his lot have presided over in the last decade.
Prelude to War? on 15:03 - Jul 20 with 1458 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Prelude to War? on 14:15 - Jul 20 by rochdale_ranger

We have been arming the Saudis we aren’t appeasing tyrants we are aiding them. Comparing this with Nazi Germany is just silly. And I’m sorry if I’m coming across as a corbyn supporting lgbt commie poofter but seeing him say the situation should be calmed down is preferable to pencil neck Jeremy hunt on the TV throwing about threats of consequences, especially considering all of the defence cuts his lot have presided over in the last decade.

Have to agree re hunt tbh. Waste of skin.

One of the best things about Britain is the fact we don’t all agree, have different opinions, but we are allowed to have them without being censored (generally).

Whatever happens, in all honesty, we have very little say in it, look at brexit, regardless of how you voted our elected politicians have done everything they can to back out of a decision made my the majority of voters.

Unfortunately the elephant in the room for many countries in the east is religion and fundamentalist views and historical hatred of the west, rightly or wrongly. That to an extent can override logic and common sense.

Prelude to War? on 15:10 - Jul 20 with 1432 viewsShun

Prelude to War? on 12:36 - Jul 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

Let’s just ignore Iran doing this, maybe send them a hamper, delivered by Jeremy C, who can explain all the benefits of LGBT to them, maybe give them a talk on how successful communism is, and all would be good, Iran after all are well know for there liberal attitude and superb human rights past.

Alternatively we could slag trump off, who will without doubt has been the best president the USA has ever had for economic growth so far in his tenure, and despite him being an egotistical turd, has in fairness made less cock ups than our own shambles of a government in recent years.

Iran are going to get a bloody good shoeing, in 1 way or another, they will face sanctions first I would imagine, warships will be on the way to get our tankers back and if they are stupid enough to attempt to retaliate, they probably won’t have a nazy or Air Force a week later.

Americans hate Iran more than Iraq so it will be a very popular war for trump, he won’t need much prompting to start it.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 13:09]

I may be drunk right now, but I wasn’t expecting to find someone actually defending Donald Trump 😂 Wow.
Login to get fewer ads

Prelude to War? on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 1429 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Prelude to War? on 15:10 - Jul 20 by Shun

I may be drunk right now, but I wasn’t expecting to find someone actually defending Donald Trump 😂 Wow.

Only the influence he has on the economy shun. The clintons are every bit as bad but without economic nouse.

Prelude to War? on 15:23 - Jul 20 with 1415 viewsmingthemerciless

Prelude to War? on 14:01 - Jul 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

No but they can fly airliners into buildings without too much trouble. Or get brain washed lads to walk in crowded buildings with explosive backpacks.

Last I heard most of our latest destroyers are laid up in Portsmouth because their engines can't cope with the heat in the Gulf.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 15:30]
Prelude to War? on 15:25 - Jul 20 with 1408 viewsmingthemerciless

Prelude to War? on 13:45 - Jul 20 by MoonyDale

Can't disagree with much of that apart from the Trump not stupid comment, he's a bumbling incoherent imbecile with all the tact of a caveman...also there are as many on the other side who believe all the BBC/Daily Mail shite that is spouted...None of this however has anything to do with the non British Tanker that has been intercepted and detained...That is purely Iran going tit for tat for the detention of their Tanker in Gibraltar, now the UN state that seizing Irans ship is legal because it broke the sanctions imposed by.....Oh yeah the UN, and Iran say that their seizing of the Swedish tanker is also legal as it was in Iranian waters....Which it was, the Hormuz straights are 21 miles wide but the actual channel that ships go through is only 2 miles and goes through their waters... and every tanker has to go through that channel so technically they are correct..It was in their waters. As for the nuclear point and those who are and are not allowed to have it and it is only my opinion but three of the biggest nut jobs in power are Trump, Putin and Kim Jong Un....And they all have it, and next week so will Boris...The 4 horsemen of the apocalypse come to pass....

Plus another nut job in Netanyahu.
Prelude to War? on 16:02 - Jul 20 with 1367 views49thseason

Prelude to War? on 15:23 - Jul 20 by mingthemerciless

No but they can fly airliners into buildings without too much trouble. Or get brain washed lads to walk in crowded buildings with explosive backpacks.

Last I heard most of our latest destroyers are laid up in Portsmouth because their engines can't cope with the heat in the Gulf.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 15:30]

https://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/final-cure-for-type-45-destroyer-propulsion-pro
Prelude to War? on 16:43 - Jul 20 with 1328 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Prelude to War? on 16:02 - Jul 20 by 49thseason

https://www.savetheroyalnavy.org/final-cure-for-type-45-destroyer-propulsion-pro

Another government screwup going against expert advice and going for gas engines, with a cost of millions to fix out of tax payers money.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Prelude to War? on 17:19 - Jul 20 with 1289 views49thseason

Prelude to War? on 16:43 - Jul 20 by foreverhopefulDale

Another government screwup going against expert advice and going for gas engines, with a cost of millions to fix out of tax payers money.

The last Labour Government decided that defence should be an arm of the welfare state. procurement was done on the basis of jobs, not price or effectiveness. Hence we get two aircraft carriers that have no aircraft but never mind they were built in the UK at Rosyth, next door to Gordon Brown's constituency and another £6Bn gets wasted.. funny that eh? And the Type 45s were given unproven Rolls Royce propulsion systems against the advice of the shipbuilders - BAE Systems, rather than tried, tested and cheaper US systems but then it's not their money they're spending is it? but the cure is now costing another £300m
And who remembers the early days of Blair's Afghan campaigns with UK soldiers being sent into action in unprotected, aluminium-skinned Land Rovers? Still, better to send £20Bn a year to various despots and Dictators around the world rather than provide British soldiers and sailors with the proper tools for the job, much cheaper to let them get blown to bits. Politicians disgust me.
Prelude to War? on 18:19 - Jul 20 with 1237 viewsmingthemerciless

Prelude to War? on 16:02 - Jul 20 by 49thseason

Yeah I think we should ask the Iranians to hold on for a few years until the destroyers are made sea worthy again then we can have round 2. Either that or move the conflict to a neutral ground somewhere cold so we can use the destroyers. I don't think Labour Governments are the only ones who get military procurement wrong.
Prelude to War? on 18:26 - Jul 20 with 1226 viewsblackdogblue

Prelude to War? on 16:43 - Jul 20 by foreverhopefulDale

Let’s send the Queen Elizabeth out...

Wait sorry, back in dock as leaking water in & Captain been sacked for nipping to Tesco Express a couple of times in his official business only company car...

If our Navy Fleet is “Made in England” we’re fooked, will have been built with a million parts bought at the cheapest price from China & assembled by EU immigrants on minimum wage...

Prelude to War? on 18:41 - Jul 20 with 1206 viewsfitzochris

Prelude to War? on 18:26 - Jul 20 by blackdogblue

Let’s send the Queen Elizabeth out...

Wait sorry, back in dock as leaking water in & Captain been sacked for nipping to Tesco Express a couple of times in his official business only company car...

If our Navy Fleet is “Made in England” we’re fooked, will have been built with a million parts bought at the cheapest price from China & assembled by EU immigrants on minimum wage...

Most of it’s built in Govan and Rosyth, to be fair.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Prelude to War? on 18:44 - Jul 20 with 1197 viewsblackdogblue

Prelude to War? on 18:41 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

Most of it’s built in Govan and Rosyth, to be fair.

Yes, like Submarines in Bartow but still will have been built with a million parts bought at the cheapest price from China & assembled by EU immigrants on minimum wage...

Prelude to War? on 20:59 - Jul 20 with 1076 viewskiwidale

Prelude to War? on 15:03 - Jul 20 by Thacks_Rabbits

Have to agree re hunt tbh. Waste of skin.

One of the best things about Britain is the fact we don’t all agree, have different opinions, but we are allowed to have them without being censored (generally).

Whatever happens, in all honesty, we have very little say in it, look at brexit, regardless of how you voted our elected politicians have done everything they can to back out of a decision made my the majority of voters.

Unfortunately the elephant in the room for many countries in the east is religion and fundamentalist views and historical hatred of the west, rightly or wrongly. That to an extent can override logic and common sense.

Talking about Brexit a war or threats of one involving the western alliance will put a swift end to that idea. Nothing unites strange bedfellows quicker than a common enemy perceived or otherwise.

This is not the time for bickering.

Prelude to War? on 21:17 - Jul 20 with 1043 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 20:59 - Jul 20 by kiwidale

Talking about Brexit a war or threats of one involving the western alliance will put a swift end to that idea. Nothing unites strange bedfellows quicker than a common enemy perceived or otherwise.

You're confusing the EU with NATO

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Prelude to War? on 21:29 - Jul 20 with 1017 viewskiwidale

Prelude to War? on 21:17 - Jul 20 by D_Alien

You're confusing the EU with NATO

No Im not.

This is not the time for bickering.

Prelude to War? on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 975 viewssoulboy

Prelude to War? on 15:25 - Jul 20 by mingthemerciless

Plus another nut job in Netanyahu.

Newsflash: If blundering Boris is the next PM, which he probably will be, hes going on a whistle stop tour of Britains lunatic asylums to thank everyone who voted for him.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 22:06]
Prelude to War? on 05:14 - Jul 21 with 848 viewsJumeirahDale

Prelude to War? on 13:46 - Jul 20 by 49thseason

It seems to be a thing with Billionaires. The thing is they become billionaires by trying and failing. not many others can afford to try.
https://www.businessinsider.com/richard-branson-fails-virgin-companies-that-went

Wasn't there a study done on Trump's finances at one point which showed that if he'd invested everything he inherited in the RE index at the time, he'd have substantially more money than he does now? So in real terms he lost money?
Prelude to War? on 07:25 - Jul 21 with 807 viewsMoonyDale

Prelude to War? on 20:59 - Jul 20 by kiwidale

" Nothing unites strange bedfellows quicker than a common enemy perceived or otherwise". Or manufactured.....?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Prelude to War? on 09:10 - Jul 21 with 733 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 07:25 - Jul 21 by MoonyDale

" Nothing unites strange bedfellows quicker than a common enemy perceived or otherwise". Or manufactured.....?

There's been some pertinent points made in this thread by many contributors, but putting forward the oil tanker seizures as some sort of conspiracy theory to try to stop Brexit isn't one of them

Kiwi is way off course with his post; so far out of international waters there's an Iranian gunboat on its way to seize him right now

[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 9:23]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024