Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prelude to War? 20:03 - Jul 19 with 6571 viewsblackdogblue

Iran’s just seized a British Oil Tanker....

Interesting to see the next 12-24 hours

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Prelude to War? on 09:32 - Jul 21 with 1812 viewsCleedale

Scanned most of this thread. Whichever way and whoever is right or wrong; 2 wrongs don't make a right. The next 'globally' influenced war could/will have major implications for the lot of us; everywhere.

We're (GB) way past empirical days and basically used for our bases (US run)?? as we're so strategically placed as an island...reasonably near to plenty of potential conflict.

Sure that no one wants to use WMD. (thinking nuclear here) Most of the reasonably-minded leaders know that but someday, someone will and the consequences of that...well?!

Also, don't be so sure that Iran isn't acting unaided. Now that Russia has ensured 'their' preference (and shown their power) in the Syrian conflict they seem happy to at least see progression with Iran as a useful ally. And then there's China - probably (now) THE most powerful force on earth (you'd better believe that Mr. Donald). And so it goes on.

Wars create lot's of deaths. A week ago I was talking with a Kurdish refugee living in the UK. "Destroying Saddam's regime did nothing...it is just the same as before...but with different rulers", he said. I got the impression he would like to return but at his own and family's demise.
Prelude to War? on 11:15 - Jul 21 with 1747 viewskiwidale

Prelude to War? on 09:10 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

There's been some pertinent points made in this thread by many contributors, but putting forward the oil tanker seizures as some sort of conspiracy theory to try to stop Brexit isn't one of them

Kiwi is way off course with his post; so far out of international waters there's an Iranian gunboat on its way to seize him right now

[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 9:23]

You have read far to much into my post D_A. I said a war would scupper Brexit, at no point did I say it was a conspiracy I hope that clears it up.

This is not the time for bickering.

Prelude to War? on 11:23 - Jul 21 with 1738 viewsrochdale_ranger

Prelude to War? on 09:32 - Jul 21 by Cleedale

Scanned most of this thread. Whichever way and whoever is right or wrong; 2 wrongs don't make a right. The next 'globally' influenced war could/will have major implications for the lot of us; everywhere.

We're (GB) way past empirical days and basically used for our bases (US run)?? as we're so strategically placed as an island...reasonably near to plenty of potential conflict.

Sure that no one wants to use WMD. (thinking nuclear here) Most of the reasonably-minded leaders know that but someday, someone will and the consequences of that...well?!

Also, don't be so sure that Iran isn't acting unaided. Now that Russia has ensured 'their' preference (and shown their power) in the Syrian conflict they seem happy to at least see progression with Iran as a useful ally. And then there's China - probably (now) THE most powerful force on earth (you'd better believe that Mr. Donald). And so it goes on.

Wars create lot's of deaths. A week ago I was talking with a Kurdish refugee living in the UK. "Destroying Saddam's regime did nothing...it is just the same as before...but with different rulers", he said. I got the impression he would like to return but at his own and family's demise.

Most level headed post on here. The world is much flatter and smaller then it was twenty years ago. Syria as shown us that a war in the Middle East will have consequences for Europe in terms of refugees coming and terrorism. Being scared of terrorism shouldn’t affect our foreign policy but I can’t see any benefit from the neo Conservative wars in the Middle East. Iraq has been destabilised and is less safe and lawless and Syria would of been best left alone under the Assad family. I would say the same about Libya.
Prelude to War? on 12:28 - Jul 21 with 1682 viewskiwidale

I have seen this documented from several sources there is a US GOVT paper trail for those who want to look for it but this should suffice at present

t

Prelude to War? on 13:31 - Jul 21 with 1621 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 11:15 - Jul 21 by kiwidale

You have read far to much into my post D_A. I said a war would scupper Brexit, at no point did I say it was a conspiracy I hope that clears it up.

I know what you posted, and my 'conspiracy' point was addressed to MoonyDale; after which i referred to your post

Have those Revolutionary Guards arrived yet? Extend them a warm kiwi welcome and put them up for the night. Strange bedfellows, indeed...

[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 13:33]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Prelude to War? on 13:58 - Jul 21 with 1587 viewskiwidale

Prelude to War? on 13:31 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

I know what you posted, and my 'conspiracy' point was addressed to MoonyDale; after which i referred to your post

Have those Revolutionary Guards arrived yet? Extend them a warm kiwi welcome and put them up for the night. Strange bedfellows, indeed...

[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 13:33]

So your conspiracy point was addressed to MoonyDale who quoted me almost verbatim? adding the one word "manufactured" but you are right, there are some strange bedfellows, do you argue with yourself in bed.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 14:01]

Prelude to War? on 17:07 - Jul 21 with 1479 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 13:58 - Jul 21 by kiwidale

So your conspiracy point was addressed to MoonyDale who quoted me almost verbatim? adding the one word "manufactured" but you are right, there are some strange bedfellows, do you argue with yourself in bed.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2019 14:01]

I certainly will do tonight, i could do with a decent debate instead of your illogical claptrap

Enjoy those Revolutionary Guards, they're trickier to navigate in the dark than the straits of Hormuz

Prelude to War? on 17:38 - Jul 21 with 1440 viewsrochdale_ranger

Prelude to War? on 17:07 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

I certainly will do tonight, i could do with a decent debate instead of your illogical claptrap

Enjoy those Revolutionary Guards, they're trickier to navigate in the dark than the straits of Hormuz

Says the bloke who argued and bored everyone to death vociferously arguing the benefits Brexit would bring for two years to only admit he voted for Brexit based on a gut feeling. Claptrap indeed.
Login to get fewer ads

Prelude to War? on 17:46 - Jul 21 with 1420 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 17:38 - Jul 21 by rochdale_ranger

Says the bloke who argued and bored everyone to death vociferously arguing the benefits Brexit would bring for two years to only admit he voted for Brexit based on a gut feeling. Claptrap indeed.

Still not got over me taking you to the cleaners a few weeks ago?

There... there...

Prelude to War? on 17:49 - Jul 21 with 1414 viewsrochdale_ranger

Prelude to War? on 17:46 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

Still not got over me taking you to the cleaners a few weeks ago?

There... there...

Is that when you started throwing your toys out of the pram and accused me of defaming your character? And taking me to the cleaners? Really? Winning arguments on the Internet isn’t really winning Dalien.
Prelude to War? on 19:23 - Jul 21 with 1343 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 17:49 - Jul 21 by rochdale_ranger

Is that when you started throwing your toys out of the pram and accused me of defaming your character? And taking me to the cleaners? Really? Winning arguments on the Internet isn’t really winning Dalien.

tbf, neither is there any contradiction between setting out logical views AND having a gut feeling about something. Not sure why you think there is?

Give it a bit more time, you'll get there in the end

Prelude to War? on 20:18 - Jul 21 with 1290 viewsrochdale_ranger

Prelude to War? on 19:23 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

tbf, neither is there any contradiction between setting out logical views AND having a gut feeling about something. Not sure why you think there is?

Give it a bit more time, you'll get there in the end

Soz m8 4got u r r8 about everythink
Prelude to War? on 23:43 - Jul 21 with 1202 viewskiwidale

Prelude to War? on 17:07 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

Great the season hasn't started and you're at it already. what time can I expect the revolutionary guards? Ive got to pop out for some shopping.

Prelude to War? on 09:54 - Jul 22 with 1113 viewsDiddyDave

Why would Britain capture an Iranian ship for,whatever reason,knowing they haven`t got enough battle ships in the Gulf to protect so called British oil tankers (it had a British flag,but isn`t owned in Britain and doesn`t have a British crew from what I`ve read)? Comedy programmes like Yes Minister and The Navy Lark come to mind.
Prelude to War? on 11:59 - Jul 22 with 1055 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 23:43 - Jul 21 by kiwidale

Great the season hasn't started and you're at it already. what time can I expect the revolutionary guards? Ive got to pop out for some shopping.

Season not started? wft's that got to do with a thread on international conflict? As i posted earlier, the thread itself was doing just fine until your stupid intervention. You'll get on well with those guards, make sure you put kalleh pacheh on your shopping list, they tend to want feeding after a night with strange bedfellows

[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 12:15]

Prelude to War? on 14:08 - Jul 22 with 996 views49thseason

Prelude to War? on 11:59 - Jul 22 by D_Alien

Season not started? wft's that got to do with a thread on international conflict? As i posted earlier, the thread itself was doing just fine until your stupid intervention. You'll get on well with those guards, make sure you put kalleh pacheh on your shopping list, they tend to want feeding after a night with strange bedfellows

The Iranian ship was impounded in Gibraltar at the behest of the EU. I dont suppose the EU will be anywhere to be seen when the effluent hits the fan and Britain carries the can for a decision it had no need to become involved in.
The emergence of an EU army (and Navy and Air Force) is essentially a matter of getting the UK armed forces to become the useful idiots for enforcing idiotic EU policies like the original deal with Iran which any shcoolboy would have realised was simply putting back the date at which Iran would have the means to build a nuclear bomb and not a long term solution. Iran is a rogue state which sponsors international terrorism using Obamas billions. It is and was naive to believe the current Iranian regime can be negotiated with in good faith.
Prelude to War? on 16:34 - Jul 22 with 955 viewsEllDale

How long will it be before some of these ships have their own mercenary militia on board similar to the way in which some shipping lines protected themselves against pirates from Somalia?
Prelude to War? on 16:37 - Jul 22 with 950 viewsfitzochris

Prelude to War? on 16:34 - Jul 22 by EllDale

How long will it be before some of these ships have their own mercenary militia on board similar to the way in which some shipping lines protected themselves against pirates from Somalia?

Warding off a few pirates is nothing like repelling a military arm of a nation.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Prelude to War? on 18:28 - Jul 22 with 900 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Prelude to War? on 16:37 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

Warding off a few pirates is nothing like repelling a military arm of a nation.

Get our marketing team involved, they will claim we have peace in the Far East and it will turn out that we helped fine afzabs lost fishing net and he is now happy!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Prelude to War? on 18:29 - Jul 22 with 899 viewsfitzochris

Prelude to War? on 18:28 - Jul 22 by Thacks_Rabbits

Get our marketing team involved, they will claim we have peace in the Far East and it will turn out that we helped fine afzabs lost fishing net and he is now happy!!!!

BBM looks like he’s about to infiltrate the Iranian mainframe, to be fair.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Prelude to War? on 18:44 - Jul 22 with 883 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Prelude to War? on 18:29 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

BBM looks like he’s about to infiltrate the Iranian mainframe, to be fair.

Perhaps he is looking for SD1

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Prelude to War? on 01:26 - Jul 23 with 786 viewsrochdale_ranger

Prelude to War? on 11:59 - Jul 22 by D_Alien

Says the man who lives for argument on here. No wonder your mrs packed her bags.
Prelude to War? on 05:53 - Jul 23 with 751 viewsD_Alien

Prelude to War? on 01:26 - Jul 23 by rochdale_ranger

Says the man who lives for argument on here. No wonder your mrs packed her bags.

Oh dear!

Desperation strikes at half one in t' morning?

Psttt... if you're trying to score points in a bid to try and save face, getting them completely wrong just makes you look very foolish indeed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024