Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal action 19:45 - Aug 31 with 7340 viewscwmdonkinjack

Whilst on and off the field matters are separate to some extent, do we really want to drag the club through the courts and create the impression of disharmony. Sometimes in life you just have to take things on the chin and move on. I see the only winners of this action to be the lawyers and a media who would be more than delighted to stick the knife in. Let’s keep the positivity of a great start to the season and build on the momentum of our new management and eager squad involving many products of the investment in our academy. Several key decisions including the appointments of chairman, manager and transfer team are looking spot on and we have managed to move on some of the right players and get decent value for others we would have wanted to keep. C’mon you Whites!
Legal action on 10:01 - Sep 1 with 972 viewsexiledclaseboy

Legal action on 09:59 - Sep 1 by jack247

It doesn’t help us ‘at this stage in the season’, it doesn’t hinder us either, unless you think Cooper and his players are going to take it down a notch or two because the trust are suing Huw Jenkins.

It helps ensure the long term future of the club.

It’s also not happening “at this stage of the season” so the point is irrelevant.

Poll: Tory leader

Legal action on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 970 viewsjack247

Legal action on 10:01 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

It’s also not happening “at this stage of the season” so the point is irrelevant.

Unusual for Perch
Legal action on 10:03 - Sep 1 with 967 viewsperchrockjack

Well, I am told on here ,regularly I am so.

I have an open mind

I have asked for a detailed ,simple presentation as to how this action would help.

We could be on the cusp of a return to the PL and I am not sure possibly damaging that is worth this action.

Obviously,this is better discussed face to face and not drawn out on this site where such discussion are derailed .

Thanks anyway for the non insults.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Legal action on 10:10 - Sep 1 with 939 viewsjack247

Legal action on 10:03 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

I have an open mind

I have asked for a detailed ,simple presentation as to how this action would help.

We could be on the cusp of a return to the PL and I am not sure possibly damaging that is worth this action.

Obviously,this is better discussed face to face and not drawn out on this site where such discussion are derailed .

I’m just not sure how it could impact a potential promotion.

We had the ‘dont rock the boat’ approach when we were in a relegation battle. Bearing in mind this isn’t something that will be done and dusted between May and August, when is a good time?
Legal action on 10:14 - Sep 1 with 932 viewsmonmouth

The speed that legislation moves it will presumably take a lot longer than this season.

Plus it neither helps nor hinders anything that happens on the pitch. Yankers need the PL more than anything, however the legal case goes. They may use it as propaganda at some stage, if it suits their purposes, but it'll be the usual lying horseshit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Legal action on 10:19 - Sep 1 with 926 viewsFireboy2

Legal action on 08:40 - Sep 1 by AguycalledJack

Because the sale of the club/ shares to the yanks involves a club that we all love, there is a certain amount of emotional blackmail used to try and prevent legal action, or dissuade people from taking legal action eg the team is now playing well, legal action will impact on the team etc.

Let’s set aside the emotions, at the end of the day the sale of shares was no more than a business transaction.

I voted for legal action, And I looked at it this way, if I owned circa 20% of any sized business ( whether that have been the local bakers or a multi million pound company) and my fellow shareholders then sold that business behind my back, I, as an individual would want redress and what I was entitled to. We all would.

You can bet your bottom dollar if the roles were reversed the yanks/ sellouts would not have waited this long to get the trust into court.

Perfectly explained.
Legal action on 10:27 - Sep 1 with 902 viewsBarrySwan

I have an open mind

Presumably it helps if successful to maintain the whole point that the Trust was set up for, although I'm struggling to believe how they managed to lose their way in such spectacular fashion over the Trust director situation for example.

The aim of the Trust was of course to have an input to the day to day decision making of the club and to be ready to step in again if a Bolton or Bury situation occurs.

It was always acccepted that whilst a substancial shareholding as possible was desirable ( and mandated by the Trust members) that if the other shareholders sold out without the Trust being involved then the Trust would be left with limited money in the bank and with every possibility of a continually watered down shareholding.

Thus it was imperative that any major sale of shares to new majority owners included the Trusts also in order that there would be substancial monies in the bank to rescue the Swans if a situation arose such as our last collapse or the aforementioned Bury / Bolton position.

So which scenario do you think is preferable.

The Trust sitting with the best part of £20m in the bank in case of the need for a future rescue scenario.

Or a Trust sitting on about £1m in the bank and a substancial shareholding, outvoted on every occasion and that shareholding in constant danger of being diluted down to possibly almost nothing by other majority shareholders.

Or possibly the Trust could launch legal action after advising their lawyers to only proceed after a patch or rough form and pause every time we're winning on the pitch?
Legal action on 10:32 - Sep 1 with 896 viewsexiledclaseboy

I have an open mind

Well in simple terms, if the Trust wins the legal case the most likely outcome is that the trust will have £20m in the bank which it can then use to bail the club out in any future Petty/Bury/Bolton type scenario.

Login to get fewer ads

Legal action on 11:01 - Sep 1 with 867 viewsperchrockjack

Legal action on 10:32 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

Well in simple terms, if the Trust wins the legal case the most likely outcome is that the trust will have £20m in the bank which it can then use to bail the club out in any future Petty/Bury/Bolton type scenario.

Thanks you. I get that .

From where will the 20 million be coming ?

Legal action on 11:39 - Sep 1 with 855 viewsexiledclaseboy

Legal action on 11:01 - Sep 1 by perchrockjack

Thanks you. I get that .

From where will the 20 million be coming ?

That’ll be up to the judge.

Legal action on 12:15 - Sep 1 with 835 viewscwmdonkinjack

Legal action on 11:39 - Sep 1 by exiledclaseboy

That’ll be up to the judge.

Or on the other hand The Trust don't win and end up with costs. Barristers will always assure you that have a good case, which I agree we have, but that can be very different to the process of legal machinations.
Legal action on 12:15 - Sep 1 with 834 viewsperchrockjack

...and that is what bothers me.Judges are not my favourite people and trust their judgement at your peril. Not convinced at all with this action.

I trust nobody really ,least of all American owners who will have serious counsel to fight us. If we were to win,I would fear some sort of retribution;I can't see them lying down and taking it . And all this while we fight to get out of this mediocre league. Our rightful place is the Premier League ,whether people like it or not. We are set up for it although our commercial activity and marketing is appalling. By now, we should have eclipsed cardff city for ever. They ,in comparison to us are street dogs.

I add I wouldnt trust ,100% any consortium as Im not privy to what their intention s are and how they would fund expansion.

I fell out with some on here when I suggested nobody could know 100% what was behind the owners intentions. I stand by every word .

Finally,is it not sadness itself that fans have to form a Trust to avoid being shafted

Legal action on 12:19 - Sep 1 with 829 viewsDafyddHuw

Legal action on 19:51 - Aug 31 by Darran

Yes we do.

Of course we do. Can't let the Yank fùcks get away with breaking the law.
Legal action on 12:22 - Sep 1 with 824 viewsAguycalledJack

Legal action on 12:15 - Sep 1 by cwmdonkinjack

Or on the other hand The Trust don't win and end up with costs. Barristers will always assure you that have a good case, which I agree we have, but that can be very different to the process of legal machinations.

That’s what a CFA and legal expenses insurance is for.
Legal action on 20:21 - Sep 1 with 725 viewsDewi1jack

I have an open mind

I'm at a loss here and not singling you out perched.

Seen a small minority stating the legal action will cause ramifications on the pitch.
Now as I was one of the 200 odd that originally voted for legal, that was an emotional blackmail argument to stop action before.

Can someone please explain to me how it will have an effect on the pitch?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024