Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Struggling with this style of football... 22:19 - Nov 19 with 10710 viewsrochdaleest1907

This possession and pressing game is sooooo boring. Boring. Boring. How is it that it’s become the fashionable way to play? I wanna be entertained for my tenner not bored to tears.

daveofthedale

Struggling with this style of football... on 20:53 - Nov 21 with 1508 viewsAtThePeake

Struggling with this style of football... on 19:30 - Nov 21 by Shun

Post more.

And ATP’s done well to avoid a downvote for his brazen post about you.

Don't worry, he knows full well that if I have an opportunity to dig out the Courteeners and Gerry Cinnamon in one sentence then I'm going to take it .

Despite that, totally agree about posting more. Cracking post.

Tangled up in blue.

Struggling with this style of football... on 22:24 - Nov 21 with 1411 viewsLizardDale

Struggling with this style of football... on 20:53 - Nov 21 by AtThePeake

Don't worry, he knows full well that if I have an opportunity to dig out the Courteeners and Gerry Cinnamon in one sentence then I'm going to take it .

Despite that, totally agree about posting more. Cracking post.

Very true, we’ve had many long debates about his lack of appreciation for good music. Tend to agree on football in the most part, though!

Cheers Shun.
Struggling with this style of football... on 12:10 - Nov 22 with 1199 viewsEllDale

I see that the club have put out a tweet asking fans to back the team.
Struggling with this style of football... on 12:23 - Nov 22 with 1179 viewsTVOS1907

Struggling with this style of football... on 12:10 - Nov 22 by EllDale

I see that the club have put out a tweet asking fans to back the team.

They are done before every game, but with a different soundbite each time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Struggling with this style of football... on 12:59 - Nov 22 with 1138 viewsscarrow

Struggling with this style of football... on 17:47 - Nov 21 by Daley_Lama

Playing 2 defensive midfielders from the start (Morley and MJ Williams ) makes us into a 4-2 -3- 1 formation.

When teams press on our back 4 (as Wrexham did) it becomes a 6-0-3-1 formation.

The gap between the 6 and the rest is either too far for passing football, or the 3-1 end up playing in our own half. Neither is good.

It took Wrexham 45 minutes to suss this out at their place, 15 minutes at Spotland. Portsmouth will need about 30 seconds if we do the same on Saturday.

Hope we go back to a 4-1.

p.s. Yes, we kept a clean sheet on Tuesday but it was awful.

Morley at the start of the season was pressing forward and scoring some great goals. My theory is that when the possession football was being found out and the defensive crisis began we reverted to playing more defensively. This has had the knock on affect of breaking forward less effectively and allowing opposition teams to get players back quickly.

Poll: Final position

Struggling with this style of football... on 17:33 - Nov 22 with 995 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/bbmprepompey/

Interesting bit in there where there’s an admittance that “the tactical set-up hindered the players in their attacking processes.”

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024