Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road 19:35 - Dec 25 with 1102 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his charges the short journey to Brisbane Road, home of Leyton Orient FC, for an intriguing Boxing Day encounter at 1pm. Ross Embleton is the manager and I was at the JSCS for the home match earlier in the season when we deservedly won 2-1 as the warm up for the Spurs game.

After ringing the changes following the midweek Manchester United game last weekend and ending up with a handsome 3-0 victory over the Cumbrians; the Super U’s are now unbeaten in 7 league games.

JM was adventurous in his selection mainly due to some last-minute injuries and enforced changes, but he stuck with Harry Pell who I thought was poor against the Red Devils, but then played much better against Carlisle. JM still seems reluctant to play the dream midfield of Comley, Stevenson and Pell (who sound like a firm of upmarket solicitors) but with injuries this may have to wait another week.

Gerken, Senior, Cowan-Hall and Norris are all injured and Nouble was “running on empty” whilst Brandon Comley was rested against the Cumbrians. Luke Prosser was also injured on Saturday and may miss the Orient game. That would leave Omar Sowunmi to deputise. Junior has become the new Macca Bonne and after returning from Ireland has become the forgotten man. As it is the season of Goodwill to All Men, let us give Jevani (Panenka) Brown an opportunity to stretch his legs for some game time. After all it is a while since he paid the penalty for the Spurs shoot out!

The table remains tight at the top:

Swindon 22 43
Exeter 22 40
Crewe 21 38
Cheltenham 21 36
Bradford 21 36
FGR 22 36
Northampton 22 35
Col U 21 34
Plymouth 20 32

Victory in East London would temporarily put the U’s fourth in the table (for a couple of hours) and so we must push for the three points. Weather in London is set for 8 degrees Celsius and rain showers with occasional sunny intervals.

But what team and formation does JM field:

Suggest 4,3,2,1

Ross

Jackson Eastman Sowunmi Bramall

Pell Stevenson Gambin

Poku Harriott

Robinson

Subs:

Coulter Lapslie Nouble Clampin Fernandes Comley Brown

Approaching the half way point in the league we have eminently winnable games coming up after Orient A, there is Exeter H, Crawley H, Stevenage A, Morecambe A, Macclesfield H, Bradford H and then the reverse fixture against the Grecians.

JM will have to use his squad and rotate some of the players. I would like to see Junior and Brown both given game time.

There has been little to suggest numbers travelling to London, we normally take about 700 to Orient but hopefully more to witness some Eastern promise on Boxing Day.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. I am mulling over driving down for the Stevenage game but will check weather and traffic conditions closer to the day.

Enjoy the festive season and take it easy on the roads.

Scoreline 4-1 to the Super U’s.

Up the U’s

PS I am embarrassed to admit that I bought a half and half scarf against the Red Devils and will sport it at my next game. My sons were shocked but I had a moment of madness and there you go!!!!
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 11:06]

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 21:36 - Dec 25 with 1083 viewswessex_exile

LOL - did you get one of the collector items that were spelled “Colcester”?

No trains will be a bit of a bummer for some tomorrow, but still reckon it’ll be close to a thousand of the faithful there. Stevenage is on my radar too, decent results against Orient and Exeter could see that being a big turnout too.

Up the U’s!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 21:49 - Dec 25 with 1080 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 21:36 - Dec 25 by wessex_exile

LOL - did you get one of the collector items that were spelled “Colcester”?

No trains will be a bit of a bummer for some tomorrow, but still reckon it’ll be close to a thousand of the faithful there. Stevenage is on my radar too, decent results against Orient and Exeter could see that being a big turnout too.

Up the U’s!

Wessex I noticed at least three versions of the scarf.
The one I bought for £5 has the closest representation of our famous Eagle.
The Man United badge is poor because they were all unofficial but I've seen worse.

Sorry to hear about the trains any National coaches running.

Good support tomorrow and against Stevenage. I'm also considering the Stevenage match. A new ground for me and only just over 200 miles from home. All A1 and north of London so worth a trip.

If we secure 12 points for these Christmas and New Year games then top three must be nailed on.

No complacency required. Up the U's
[Post edited 25 Dec 2019 21:53]

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 22:16 - Dec 25 with 1065 viewsgerry_us

Can anyone tell me why we have a 13.00 KO on Boxing Day?
I may not even be up at KO time.
Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 23:06 - Dec 25 with 1054 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 22:16 - Dec 25 by gerry_us

Can anyone tell me why we have a 13.00 KO on Boxing Day?
I may not even be up at KO time.

Gerry I hope the players will be ready for the early kick off!!!!!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 12:26 - Dec 26 with 996 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 23:06 - Dec 25 by durham_exile

Gerry I hope the players will be ready for the early kick off!!!!!

UTU's

Team

Gerken

Stevenson Pell

Poku Gambin Harriott

Robinson

Gerken back in place of Ross

Subs
Lapslie Senior Norris Comley Kensdale Ross Nouble

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 12:39 - Dec 26 with 991 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 12:26 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Team

Gerken

Stevenson Pell

Poku Gambin Harriott

Robinson

Gerken back in place of Ross

Subs
Lapslie Senior Norris Comley Kensdale Ross Nouble

UTU's

Extraordinary, after such a good performance he's messed with the team. I do hope I'm not proved wrong. Rather surprised though!

Moor Pinot

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:42 - Dec 26 with 982 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 12:39 - Dec 26 by Moor_Pinot

Extraordinary, after such a good performance he's messed with the team. I do hope I'm not proved wrong. Rather surprised though!

Pinault Prosser injured so Sowunmi plays.

Some of the injured back on the subs bench.

No mention of Junior.

Currently 0-0 but you're probably streaming from Brisbane Road.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:43 - Dec 26 with 980 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:42 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Pinault Prosser injured so Sowunmi plays.

Some of the injured back on the subs bench.

No mention of Junior.

Currently 0-0 but you're probably streaming from Brisbane Road.

UTU's

Robinson has just put the super U's 1-0 up

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:50 - Dec 26 with 976 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:43 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Robinson has just put the super U's 1-0 up

HT 1-0 Colchester

Fourth place at the moment.

We must push on second half and secure another goal at least.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:00 - Dec 26 with 971 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:50 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

HT 1-0 Colchester

Fourth place at the moment.

We must push on second half and secure another goal at least.

UTU's

Please...NO 1-0 up half time team talk Mr McG.
Let them go for the BIG win
Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:24 - Dec 26 with 966 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:00 - Dec 26 by gerry_us

Please...NO 1-0 up half time team talk Mr McG.
Let them go for the BIG win

Harry Pell 2-0

Come on

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:47 - Dec 26 with 959 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:24 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Harry Pell 2-0

Come on

Squeaky bum time

Now 2-1

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:50 - Dec 26 with 957 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:47 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Squeaky bum time

Now 2-1

Robinson 3-1

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:54 - Dec 26 with 955 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:50 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Robinson 3-1

Brilliant win

Thoroughly deserved first double of the season

3-1

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 15:10 - Dec 26 with 946 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:54 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Brilliant win

3-1

Up the U's

Wrong time of year for squeaky bum time. Fortunately avoided quickly.
Has McG found the basis of the side now without Norris and Nouble?
Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 15:19 - Dec 26 with 944 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 15:10 - Dec 26 by gerry_us

Wrong time of year for squeaky bum time. Fortunately avoided quickly.
Has McG found the basis of the side now without Norris and Nouble?

Gerry
Lapslie, Senior and Nouble came on for Poku Gambin and Harriott

Norris was rested.

JM must decide whether we are extending Robinsons loan or sending him back to Scummend.

A win against the Grecians and we go third potentially!!!!!!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 15:39 - Dec 26 with 939 viewsburnsieespana

Think Robinson now joint top scorer with Norris on 6!
Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 16:55 - Dec 26 with 915 viewsgerry_us

Other results could not have gone better
Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 18:21 - Dec 26 with 894 viewsGOSBTS

FANTASTIC! U's bided their time and kept on picking up the results, waiting for the moment where we'd propel ourselves into the play-off spots. 4th is a more accurate reflection of how we've been performing for two months now.

Exeter are a very good side and a point on Sunday would be a competitive result which would keep us right on track.

Up the mighty U's!
Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 18:55 - Dec 26 with 882 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 14:54 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Brilliant win

3-1

Up the U's

So there we are what do I know Durham! Clearly messing with the team made no difference in the end!
Would still send Robinson back otherwise things are going steadily for the first time in ages. If we keep the run going for a few weeks things could be quite rosy!
Bravo to all and we are due a win against Exeter.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 20:26 - Dec 26 with 855 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 18:55 - Dec 26 by Moor_Pinot

So there we are what do I know Durham! Clearly messing with the team made no difference in the end!
Would still send Robinson back otherwise things are going steadily for the first time in ages. If we keep the run going for a few weeks things could be quite rosy!
Bravo to all and we are due a win against Exeter.

Pinault sometimes in life things happen which force changes and often a tremendous amount of luck is involved.

JM was forced after OT to make changes. Some enforced through injury some because players were exhausted.

What he has discovered in the temporary absence of Senior is that Harriott and Gambin are more than able deputies.

Harry Pell is getting back to be the player he was last season and Robinson can be the lone striker with support from the excellent Poku.

Fringe players like Clampin Fernandez and Kensdale are training with the first team.

If JM can finally get Brown to perform and trusts Junior to step up then we will need them for the second half of the season.

Cowan-Hall who was brilliant against Son as a makeshift Right back when Jackson was injured is still injured
Which is unfortunate.

If we can defeat the Grecians on Sunday then we truly are automatic promotion candidates.

JM deserves credit for the changes but some were unavoidable and some were just dumb luck.

Harsh perhaps but it shows that faith must be placed in the squad and not just in the favoured few.

UTU's
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 20:27]

Durham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 20:57 - Dec 26 with 840 viewsmfb_cufc

Coming from behind to win games. Getting wins with last minute goals. Coming from two goals down to get a draw. Finally getting an undefeated run going. Turning the Stadium into a fortress. Having a good Cup run. This starting to feel like the 2005/6 season to me. And we know what happened then.

mfb

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:58 - Dec 27 with 757 viewsMoor_Pinot

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 20:26 - Dec 26 by durham_exile

Pinault sometimes in life things happen which force changes and often a tremendous amount of luck is involved.

JM was forced after OT to make changes. Some enforced through injury some because players were exhausted.

What he has discovered in the temporary absence of Senior is that Harriott and Gambin are more than able deputies.

Harry Pell is getting back to be the player he was last season and Robinson can be the lone striker with support from the excellent Poku.

Fringe players like Clampin Fernandez and Kensdale are training with the first team.

If JM can finally get Brown to perform and trusts Junior to step up then we will need them for the second half of the season.

Cowan-Hall who was brilliant against Son as a makeshift Right back when Jackson was injured is still injured
Which is unfortunate.

If we can defeat the Grecians on Sunday then we truly are automatic promotion candidates.

JM deserves credit for the changes but some were unavoidable and some were just dumb luck.

Harsh perhaps but it shows that faith must be placed in the squad and not just in the favoured few.

UTU's
[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 20:27]

Yes Durham I guess you are right and indeed the U's appear to have extra options this season.Bramhall, as a replacement for KVY has been excellent. I'm unconvinced by Robinson who did very well to convert his second yesterday when the pass given was behind him. We have Junior, Brown, Fernandes, Hasanally and Norris.The latter isn't the answer but given how all our goals are spread around praps we don't need a striker. Both of Pell's goals have been genuine CF poaches for example. A win against Exeter would be a surprise but a massive boost for The New year.

Moor Pinot

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 15:31 - Dec 27 with 744 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 13:58 - Dec 27 by Moor_Pinot

Yes Durham I guess you are right and indeed the U's appear to have extra options this season.Bramhall, as a replacement for KVY has been excellent. I'm unconvinced by Robinson who did very well to convert his second yesterday when the pass given was behind him. We have Junior, Brown, Fernandes, Hasanally and Norris.The latter isn't the answer but given how all our goals are spread around praps we don't need a striker. Both of Pell's goals have been genuine CF poaches for example. A win against Exeter would be a surprise but a massive boost for The New year.

It would appear we’re not the only ones to rate Cohen Bramall, Cardiff City have an eye on him too.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-january-

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 17:58 - Dec 27 with 715 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to find lots of Eastern promise at Brisbane Road on 15:31 - Dec 27 by wessex_exile

It would appear we’re not the only ones to rate Cohen Bramall, Cardiff City have an eye on him too.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-january-

Well they can Foxtrot Oscar - why don't they go to the Framers for KVY instead.

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024