Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday 23:05 - Jan 24 with 1216 viewsdurham_exile

Forget all the hype about important games, this is our most difficult game of the season and it will be played at St James’s Park Exeter tomorrow.

The table doesn’t lie:

Swindon 28 53
Exeter 27 53
Crewe 27 48
Plymouth 26 47
Bradford 28 46
Northampton 28 46
COL U 28 45
Cheltenham 27 44
FGR 28 44

I have been to the last three Colchester fixtures at Exeter and miserable they have been. Three defeats; 3-0 in 2017, 1-0 in 2018 and 3-0 in 2019. However, stats are there to be tested and results can change at the drop of a hat.

We drew 2-2 at the JSCS against the Grecians over the Christmas period and it was an entertaining game and probably a fair result. We are fast reaching the business end of the season and our next games will demonstrate whether our unbeaten run of 14 games will be extended or not.

Swindon H
Cambridge A
Plymouth H
Grimsby H
Port Vale A

Exeter, under Matt Taylor are unbeaten in 10 games and have only lost one league game at home this season. It is also possible that we will be up against former Colchester player Brennan Dickenson who left MK Dons on loan until the end of the season with the Grecians. He played in their recent narrow win at Grimsby.

Now injuries continue to mount, and Big Frank sadly was injured against Bradford City. He has a back injury and is unlikely to be risked tomorrow. He is added to long term injuries to Paris Cowan-Hall and Cohen Bramall.

Now how positive will JM be at St James’s Park against the Grecians. Frankly there is little point in setting up defensively and losing 2-0. We must believe that we are a good enough side to defeat any League Two team and JM must therefore put out a side good enough to get a result.

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Prosser Clampin

Pell Stevenson

Harriott Poku Senior

Robinson

Subs:

Ross Comley Lapslie Sowunmi Junior Norris Moore

Opinion is divided on this site about Junior. I say give him his opportunity and play him up front. Now after illness it is more likely that he will be on the bench, but 30 minutes second half must be the aim. Similarly, Norris will get some minutes at least.

Exeter were able to make 7 changes in midweek before seeing off Stevenage in the EFL Trophy. We had a difficult encounter against Bradford, but if any players have doubts about tomorrow then they shouldn’t be professional footballers.

St James’s Park is a compact stadium and the crowd will be 4,000 plus tomorrow. The weather is set for 9 degrees Celsius with light rain and some cloud.

Safe journey for the travelling faithful. I will not be at the game (sadly) but with my recent record that’s probably not a bad thing.

I reckon it will be an inspiring game and with two evenly matched teams I envisage a keenly contested match and Colchester to perform heroically to pull off their best away win of the season by 3-2 to finally cement our credentials for automatic promotion.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 00:04 - Jan 25 with 791 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I do wonder if tomorrow might be the time McGreal goes for Pell, Stevenson and Comley.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 00:22 - Jan 25 with 790 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 00:04 - Jan 25 by RSCOSWORTH

I do wonder if tomorrow might be the time McGreal goes for Pell, Stevenson and Comley.

RS nothing would please me more for the dream midfield to be deployed but JM does like his wingers and now Senior is back and Harriott scored that wonder goal well he will play them both in Devon.

But who knows............

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 07:59 - Jan 25 with 771 viewsGOSBTS

Good preview Durham. I’m of the opinion Exeter will go up as Champions and sadly for that reason I think we’ll lose 1-0 today in a battling display. A point would be a fantastic result IMO.

Up the U’s! Safe travels to all who are attending.
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 11:10 - Jan 25 with 745 viewsnoah4x4

All on the CUSA bus in good spirits. Fed and watered at Membury, the lollies now being distributed. No better way to temporarily silence any negative chatter. General feeling, will take a draw. But I am in a more positive mood until team selection......
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 11:19 - Jan 25 with 740 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 11:10 - Jan 25 by noah4x4

All on the CUSA bus in good spirits. Fed and watered at Membury, the lollies now being distributed. No better way to temporarily silence any negative chatter. General feeling, will take a draw. But I am in a more positive mood until team selection......

Noah enjoy the game safe journey

Who would you like to see start for the Super U's

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 11:31 - Jan 25 with 737 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 11:19 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

Noah enjoy the game safe journey

Who would you like to see start for the Super U's

UTU's

Wiltshire Branch just left Chippenham for Exeter via Westbury. I’d go with your team selection to be honest Durham. I agree that even if Junior is well enough for consideration, too soon after flu to be considered a starter.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 12:42 - Jan 25 with 718 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 11:31 - Jan 25 by wessex_exile

Wiltshire Branch just left Chippenham for Exeter via Westbury. I’d go with your team selection to be honest Durham. I agree that even if Junior is well enough for consideration, too soon after flu to be considered a starter.

At Taunton, train terminating here because of a major fire in Exeter.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/live-fire-johnsons-cowley-exeter-37772

Waiting to hear if there’ll be replacement buses, or whether I’m being sent home - FFS!

Up the U's

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 13:09 - Jan 25 with 711 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 12:42 - Jan 25 by wessex_exile

At Taunton, train terminating here because of a major fire in Exeter.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/live-fire-johnsons-cowley-exeter-37772

Waiting to hear if there’ll be replacement buses, or whether I’m being sent home - FFS!

...and that’s that.

Track is closed, too close to the fire (and chemical fumes too apparently, it’s a dry cleaners). There was talk of replacement buses, but no time frame as to when, or how long they’d take, and of course no guarantee the line would be open by the time I wanted to head home. So, I’m on the last train (for now) back to Bristol. Ironically, I might be home in time for the ifollow commentary.

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:05 - Jan 25 with 690 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Exeter: Gerken, Jackson, Eastman, Prosser, Clampin, Pell, Comley, Gambin, Poku, Harriott, Robinson

U's subs are Sowunmi, Moore, Lapslie, Stevenson, Senior, Norris, Ross

mfb

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:26 - Jan 25 with 681 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 13:09 - Jan 25 by wessex_exile

...and that’s that.

Track is closed, too close to the fire (and chemical fumes too apparently, it’s a dry cleaners). There was talk of replacement buses, but no time frame as to when, or how long they’d take, and of course no guarantee the line would be open by the time I wanted to head home. So, I’m on the last train (for now) back to Bristol. Ironically, I might be home in time for the ifollow commentary.

Wessex sorry to hear about the train disaster.

At least you are ok

Safe journey home

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:37 - Jan 25 with 675 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:26 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

At least you are ok

Safe journey home

UTU's

Cheers Durham - just got back now. Ironically, in the face of rail disaster, the trains were surprisingly efficient getting me home.

Up the U's

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:40 - Jan 25 with 673 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:26 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

At least you are ok

Safe journey home

UTU's

The fire is very serious.

Plumes of black smoke over Exeter and it is proving difficult for residents and visitors alike.

Johnsons dry cleaners badly affected.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 669 viewsnoah4x4

Where’s Stephen Spielberg. This has epic movie written all over it.

“The great Wessex from Essex exile in Exeter train disaster”.

Will sing doubly loud for you bruv!
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:09 - Jan 25 with 639 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 14:43 - Jan 25 by noah4x4

Where’s Stephen Spielberg. This has epic movie written all over it.

“The great Wessex from Essex exile in Exeter train disaster”.

Will sing doubly loud for you bruv!

Attendance 4,745

0-0

50 mins played

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:32 - Jan 25 with 627 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:09 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

Attendance 4,745

0-0

50 mins played

UTU's

72 mins

Senior on for Harriott

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:43 - Jan 25 with 623 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:32 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

72 mins

Senior on for Harriott

Gambin off Stevenson on

So for the last ten minutes we have

Pell Stevenson and Comley in midfield

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:46 - Jan 25 with 622 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:43 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

Gambin off Stevenson on

So for the last ten minutes we have

Pell Stevenson and Comley in midfield

UTU's

With a few days of the window to go we need a STRIKER

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:49 - Jan 25 with 619 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:46 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

With a few days of the window to go we need a STRIKER

UTU's

89 mins
Robinson off Norris on

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:56 - Jan 25 with 615 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:49 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

89 mins
Robinson off Norris on

0-0

15 games unbeaten

But too many draws

We desperately need a STRIKER

Please give Junior an opportunity now and

Durham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:58 - Jan 25 with 613 viewsGOSBTS

Excellent result. Proud of the U’s there. Tees up Tuesday night against Swindon very nicely!

Look forward to seeing the table in a few mins.
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 17:00 - Jan 25 with 609 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 16:56 - Jan 25 by durham_exile

0-0

15 games unbeaten

But too many draws

We desperately need a STRIKER

Please give Junior an opportunity now and

So so predictable. Still I'm winning several points for selecting "no scorer" in the prediction league.
Seems we haven't anyone who can score goals and no likelihood of any signings arriving.
Will McG try something else now.....Junior to START...
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 17:04 - Jan 25 with 607 viewsburnsieespana

Well done U's for last two results.
Now absolutely vital to get three points on Tuesday.
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 17:08 - Jan 25 with 605 viewsnoah4x4

Problem wasn’t the lack of a striker, Robinson had zero service. Poku, Harriott and Senior have all the tricks but cannot put in the killer pass. 0-0 a fair result. Excellent game, but a stalemate. Sadly, referee blind to a handball on their goal line and Senior chopped down in their box. Booked our players, yet blind to equally bad Exeter tackles. Two defences on top. Only seven hours to home now.
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 17:10 - Jan 25 with 601 viewsGOSBTS

5th in the table. Cementing our spot in the playoffs. I’m feeling a victory on Tuesday night and a big away performance at Cambridge.

Safe journey home all. Up the U’s!
Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 17:34 - Jan 25 with 590 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to record victory against Grecians in Devon on Saturday on 17:10 - Jan 25 by GOSBTS

5th in the table. Cementing our spot in the playoffs. I’m feeling a victory on Tuesday night and a big away performance at Cambridge.

Safe journey home all. Up the U’s!

15 games unbeaten a point at Exeter so why am I underwhelmed.

The reason is we are accepting mediocrity.

Clinton Morrison watched today's game for Sky and he was disillusioned by the poor quality of the fare served up.

We are simply not scoring enough goals and I fear the drawn games will be the difference between achieving automatic promotion and the lottery of the play offs.

Swindon is now the wolf nearest the sledge or the crocodile nearest the canoe.

Three points on Tuesday is an absolute must but who is going to score the goals then a local derby at Cambridge.

I really hope more than ever that we can turn those drawn games into wins.

We must scour the league's for a striker to help us do just that.

A final moan replacing Robinson with Chuck on 89 mins achieves very little but we've been there before.

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024