Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona virus in Swansea 10:09 - Feb 28 with 16760 viewsmarchamjack

😬

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Corona virus in Swansea on 20:13 - Mar 5 with 1742 viewsjack2jack

Does anyone know if, we are carrying out screening at airports and the like.
I know a few folk who have recently returned from abroad and just walked through, without being checked.
If this is the case, WTF is going on.
Corona virus in Swansea on 06:10 - Mar 6 with 1594 viewsThebus

Corona virus in Swansea on 20:13 - Mar 5 by jack2jack

I know a few folk who have recently returned from abroad and just walked through, without being checked.

How on earth do you think it’s possible to screen everyone coming in from certain countries, especially when the incubation period can be at least two weeks ?
Corona virus in Swansea on 08:32 - Mar 6 with 1523 viewsbuilthjack

I wonder how many people will have a face mask on at tomorrow's game

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Corona virus in Swansea on 08:35 - Mar 6 with 1522 viewsunion_jack

Corona virus in Swansea on 08:32 - Mar 6 by builthjack

I’ve seen a few Chinese (students?) around town wearing masks. They’re useless apparently if you’re wearing them to prevent getting it but more useful if you’ve got it and want to prevent spreading it. I’d rather they just self isolate for a few weeks though. The paper ones I’m talking about.

Hazmat suits and breathing apparatus may be more useful? So long as you wear the right colours.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Corona virus in Swansea on 08:49 - Mar 6 with 1503 viewsDrGonzo

Corona virus in Swansea on 06:10 - Mar 6 by Thebus

How on earth do you think it’s possible to screen everyone coming in from certain countries, especially when the incubation period can be at least two weeks ?

They were screening people going into Milan on the 20th February, long before it kicked off. However they were not screening people returning from Milan at Bristol or London airports 4 days later when it had really kicked off.

Explain that.
Corona virus in Swansea on 09:28 - Mar 6 with 1465 viewsLeonWasGod

Pretty much impossible isn't it. They used body heat scanners at airports when we had one of the previous outbreaks (swine flu maybe?), but that's only any good if the symptoms have come out.
Corona virus in Swansea on 12:18 - Mar 6 with 1418 viewsNotLoyal

Corona virus in Swansea on 08:49 - Mar 6 by DrGonzo

They were screening people going into Milan on the 20th February, long before it kicked off. However they were not screening people returning from Milan at Bristol or London airports 4 days later when it had really kicked off.

Explain that.

They didn’t do it 🤷🏻

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Corona virus in Swansea on 14:03 - Mar 6 with 1352 viewsCatullus

I'm no expert but I think the reality is that we all just need to take personal responsibility and take sensible precautions

Beyond that we probably have to accept there's no stopping the spread and we simply have to ride it out. By taking sensible precautions though, we might minimise the damage.

What doe the Professor think?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Corona virus in Swansea on 14:07 - Mar 6 with 1348 viewsLeonWasGod

I will and we'll need them

Corona virus in Swansea on 17:45 - Mar 6 with 1287 viewsJack123

I get the feeling this virus outbreak is going to be big, and affect many,, :( Not really worried for myself, just relatives who are elderly, and others who have poor health.

Looking at the way the cases are increasing, just this week alone, I would have thought the government would have been a bit more quicker to start stopping sporting events and large gatherings taking place, they must be waiting for the number of infections to hit a certain figure, which the way the way the increase in people infected are rising, maybe 2-3 weeks.. Madness, why not now?

libera nos a malo

Corona virus in Swansea on 17:46 - Mar 6 with 1286 viewslonglostjack

Corona virus in Swansea on 14:03 - Mar 6 by Catullus

I'm no expert but I think the reality is that we all just need to take personal responsibility and take sensible precautions

Beyond that we probably have to accept there's no stopping the spread and we simply have to ride it out. By taking sensible precautions though, we might minimise the damage.

What doe the Professor think?

Calculators at the ready. There was a leading virologist, Christian Drosten , on the radio in Germany this morning. He was asked whether it was safe to go to a Bundesliga match. He said that a friend of his had emailed him the same question that morning. His reply was that the probability of the virus being transmitted in the stadium was 100%. The likelihood of it being transmitted to his friend was probably 0.001%.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 17:50]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Corona virus in Swansea on 18:19 - Mar 6 with 1244 viewsSwanjaxs

Corona virus in Swansea on 09:28 - Mar 6 by LeonWasGod

Pretty much impossible isn't it. They used body heat scanners at airports when we had one of the previous outbreaks (swine flu maybe?), but that's only any good if the symptoms have come out.

True, but still better than nothing.

If they can detect even one person showing symptoms by using heat scanners it could save many lives.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Corona virus in Swansea on 18:26 - Mar 6 with 1232 viewsCooperman

I was checked for high temperature after landing in Italy but not in Heathrow upon landing from there.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Corona virus in Swansea on 18:28 - Mar 6 with 1229 viewsWhiterockin

If Cooper had one it would be an improvement.
Corona virus in Swansea on 19:50 - Mar 6 with 1179 viewsjack2jack

Well at least make an effort, don't you think.
And the incubation period is way lower than you suggest in some cases
Corona virus in Swansea on 19:55 - Mar 6 with 1168 viewsjack2jack

Absolutely.👍
Corona virus in Swansea on 20:00 - Mar 6 with 1161 viewsjack2jack

Corona virus in Swansea on 18:26 - Mar 6 by Cooperman

I was checked for high temperature after landing in Italy but not in Heathrow upon landing from there.

Daft isn't it, you'd think there would be a world wide effort to contain this virus, especially at airports and the like, where a large number of people congregate to fly all over the place. Surely that's your starting point, as difficult as it appears to be.
Corona virus in Swansea on 21:36 - Mar 6 with 1095 viewslonglostjack

Corona virus in Swansea on 20:00 - Mar 6 by jack2jack

Daft isn't it, you'd think there would be a world wide effort to contain this virus, especially at airports and the like, where a large number of people congregate to fly all over the place. Surely that's your starting point, as difficult as it appears to be.

Commercial interests and political egos. Not a good mix.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024