Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers 17:40 - Mar 21 with 1638 viewsBlue4U2

I have just watched a re-run of Us victory over the Gas from Layer Road days
it's on Twitter but I can't do the linky thing!!
Just the tonic for a footyless Saturday
Maybe someone else could find a link?

Up the football starved, corona free U's
Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 18:37 - Mar 21 with 1626 viewsmfb_cufc

[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 18:39]

mfb

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 18:52 - Mar 21 with 1615 viewsBlue4U2

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 18:37 - Mar 21 by mfb_cufc

Thanks MFB
Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 09:10 - Mar 22 with 1566 viewswessex_exile

Magnificent, never seen that before, so thanks for posting! The noise levels at Layer Rd though, man I miss that place at times.

They say โ€œI can remember where I was the day that...โ€, well on this day I was in the Bishopโ€™s Mill in Salisbury with my mate Phil, watching Jeff as our fortunes swung back and forth throughout the match - quite an afternoon.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 19:10 - Mar 22 with 1538 viewsghughes11

One of my favourite ever games at Layer Road. Was in the Barside for that came - what an atmosphere!
Had the VHS they produced for this game, which has now disappeared somewhere, so was glad to re-watch via Youtube this weekend!
I had quite a few Col U videos before moving over to NZ. Would be good to re-watch any of the following:
The 3 Wembley finals.
Col U vs Man City - pay per view
Col U vs Southend (Easter live on Sky Sports).
Col U vs Ipswich (1-0 Duguid live on Sky Sports).

Anyone else watch Nouble and Bramhall beat a couple of Crew players on FIFA? If only we could add those 3pts to our league total
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 19:10]

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 20:28 - Mar 22 with 1523 viewsmfb_cufc

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 19:10 - Mar 22 by ghughes11

One of my favourite ever games at Layer Road. Was in the Barside for that came - what an atmosphere!
Had the VHS they produced for this game, which has now disappeared somewhere, so was glad to re-watch via Youtube this weekend!
I had quite a few Col U videos before moving over to NZ. Would be good to re-watch any of the following:
The 3 Wembley finals.
Col U vs Man City - pay per view
Col U vs Southend (Easter live on Sky Sports).
Col U vs Ipswich (1-0 Duguid live on Sky Sports).

Anyone else watch Nouble and Bramhall beat a couple of Crew players on FIFA? If only we could add those 3pts to our league total
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 19:10]

The only one I can find is Doogie's winner against Ipswich.

mfb

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 22:04 - Mar 22 with 1512 viewsgerry_us

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 20:28 - Mar 22 by mfb_cufc

The only one I can find is Doogie's winner against Ipswich.

Oh happy memories. We were living near to Minneapolis, Minnesota USA at the time and my youngest daughter was visiting from the UK. As women do, they decided to go downtown for intensive shopping and we went for lunch at the Brit Pub in the city centre. As the name suggests it was run by a guy from UK and he always streamed UK footy. As this game was an evening fixture and we were 7 hours behind the UK guess what was on tv around late lunch time! Regrettably my reaction to Doogie's goal was somewhat raucous with some very strange looks from fellow diners. My wife and daughter left soon after for intensive shopping. After that result I didnt even ask what they spent afterwards, I didnt care!
Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 22:12 - Mar 22 with 1509 viewsBlue4U2

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 16:41 - Mar 23 with 1476 viewsMoor_Pinot

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 22:12 - Mar 22 by Blue4U2

Wonderful to watch and hear that crowd once again. Thank you.

Observations - ref let more fouls go than they do now. Second penalty would be a red card today. Bristol rovers were decent and should have won really, played the better football but..... Our team spirit and unity far stronger than currently. Decent skill level and the pace of the game far more up tempo than mcgreal teams. Lots of mistakes though, just like now. Oh, and we miss Doogie!

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 18:23 - Mar 23 with 1463 viewswessex_exile

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 16:41 - Mar 23 by Moor_Pinot

Wonderful to watch and hear that crowd once again. Thank you.

Observations - ref let more fouls go than they do now. Second penalty would be a red card today. Bristol rovers were decent and should have won really, played the better football but..... Our team spirit and unity far stronger than currently. Decent skill level and the pace of the game far more up tempo than mcgreal teams. Lots of mistakes though, just like now. Oh, and we miss Doogie!

I agree with pretty much all of that Pinault - considering it was only 20 years ago, some of the tackles were far harder than we're use to seeing these days, and yet not too many complaints/ play-acting either. I liked the pace and tempo, it was certainly much more direct than we're used to these days - a purist might say 'long ball', but it wasn't aimless, there was definitely purpose and a target in mind for much of it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 19:05 - Mar 23 with 1459 viewsbwildered

Some things do not change - ball retention pretty much zero, but all players trying to do the right things. Remember bringing a mate who had not seen a game in years, so got the nine goal glut.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 20:14 - Mar 27 with 1381 viewsgerry_us

Col U 5-4 Bristol Rovers on 19:05 - Mar 23 by bwildered

Some things do not change - ball retention pretty much zero, but all players trying to do the right things. Remember bringing a mate who had not seen a game in years, so got the nine goal glut.

Not much playing out from the back!
Great spectacle for the crowd though and what a strike from Doogie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024