Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Record Club Signing' 10:59 - Mar 22 with 5372 viewsisitme

Just reading the interview with BBM in the Rochdale Style magaizne. On the topic of Matherson's sale to Wolves he talks about investment in player recruitment over the summer and about exciting the fans with some new signings.

What was interesting is that it them goes on to state that on the last day of the transfer window the club was working on a deal that would have been a club record signing,which obviously did not go through. Interesting that this has not come out earlier.
'Record Club Signing' on 12:10 - Mar 22 with 5282 viewsfitzochris

It has. We bid for a player whose name has already been released on social media and we went north of £175k for him.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

'Record Club Signing' on 12:13 - Mar 22 with 5273 viewsisitme

As I am not big on social media I did not see the name. If anyone could post be a link or the player's name it would be much appreciated.
'Record Club Signing' on 12:15 - Mar 22 with 5266 viewsfitzochris

'Record Club Signing' on 12:13 - Mar 22 by isitme

As I am not big on social media I did not see the name. If anyone could post be a link or the player's name it would be much appreciated.

Sent you a PM.

'Record Club Signing' on 12:21 - Mar 22 with 5252 viewsDale92

'Record Club Signing' on 12:10 - Mar 22 by fitzochris

It has. We bid for a player whose name has already been released on social media and we went north of £175k for him.

A name please? I looked at the deadline day list for the Spl and no one jumped out

This is the One, I've waited for

'Record Club Signing' on 12:40 - Mar 22 with 5220 viewselectricblue

So why the secrecy on the name !
Is it because he may sign in the summer!

Paying big money for a player would also mean big wages aswell...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

'Record Club Signing' on 13:26 - Mar 22 with 5154 viewsJohnson

CJ Hamilton
'Record Club Signing' on 13:45 - Mar 22 with 5126 viewsIOMDale

'Record Club Signing' on 12:15 - Mar 22 by fitzochris

Sent you a PM.

Would you mind indulging me too, please Fitzo?

UTDNFS

'Record Club Signing' on 14:17 - Mar 22 with 5058 viewsnordenblue

'Record Club Signing' on 12:40 - Mar 22 by electricblue

So why the secrecy on the name !
Is it because he may sign in the summer!

Paying big money for a player would also mean big wages aswell...

Which also goes totally against the whole idea of us being so skint too,whilst the board have tried their ever so hardest to make everyone get onside with...
Login to get fewer ads

'Record Club Signing' on 14:39 - Mar 22 with 5024 viewsRAFCBLUE

'Record Club Signing' on 14:17 - Mar 22 by nordenblue

Which also goes totally against the whole idea of us being so skint too,whilst the board have tried their ever so hardest to make everyone get onside with...

Coronavirus and it’s financial impact will have put a stop to us and many other clubs paying transfer fees.

If we live within our means, we could actually be advantaged when compared to others which would level the playing field.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

'Record Club Signing' on 15:01 - Mar 22 with 4980 viewsD_Alien

'Record Club Signing' on 14:39 - Mar 22 by RAFCBLUE

Coronavirus and it’s financial impact will have put a stop to us and many other clubs paying transfer fees.

If we live within our means, we could actually be advantaged when compared to others which would level the playing field.

It'll be interesting to see what changes, if any, will occur to the whole rotten edifice of football finances once the sport is able to resume

Should any of us continue paying homage to players earning £400k per week? Sometimes for doing sweet fa apart from gloating about it?

Whatever our thoughts are on that score might've been before now, or might be even now, i suspect they may change as the virus has already changed us. Multiply the past week x 10, and then some more

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

'Record Club Signing' on 15:13 - Mar 22 with 4964 viewskiwidale

'Record Club Signing' on 15:01 - Mar 22 by D_Alien

It'll be interesting to see what changes, if any, will occur to the whole rotten edifice of football finances once the sport is able to resume

Should any of us continue paying homage to players earning £400k per week? Sometimes for doing sweet fa apart from gloating about it?

Whatever our thoughts are on that score might've been before now, or might be even now, i suspect they may change as the virus has already changed us. Multiply the past week x 10, and then some more

I doubt if players care about club finances, the money is obscene at top level but reported 10,000 pound a week in Div1 if true is equally silly. whatever figure Rochdale pay is covered by its business plan other clubs have massive debt but still pay more than we do.

This is not the time for bickering.

'Record Club Signing' on 15:36 - Mar 22 with 4909 viewsD_Alien

'Record Club Signing' on 15:13 - Mar 22 by kiwidale

I doubt if players care about club finances, the money is obscene at top level but reported 10,000 pound a week in Div1 if true is equally silly. whatever figure Rochdale pay is covered by its business plan other clubs have massive debt but still pay more than we do.

And that's perhaps what RAFCBLUE was getting at

My point was rather more to do with whether the worldwide tv audiences which finance the media companies who plough those amounts into club finances will still be minded to do so, or at least to the same extent

Who knows? So much is likely to have changed that a 'back to business as usual' scenario strikes me as the least likely outcome
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 15:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

'Record Club Signing' on 17:03 - Mar 22 with 4769 viewsNigeriamark

'Record Club Signing' on 14:39 - Mar 22 by RAFCBLUE

I was having similar thoughts even before the current situation. Slowly but surely a number of clubs look to be going under and I was thinking that for 2 or 3 seasons a league 1 club or 2 may end up doing a Bury or Bolton and we end up with only 2 relegation places to fight for. The current crisis may make this even more likely. Don't wish ill on any club really but we might actually get a reward for managing our club properly rather than promotion on money we didn't have then bust

However we may not look to rosey ourselves after all this but at least we can claim it was for circumstances beyond our control & nothing to do with mismanagement
'Record Club Signing' on 18:20 - Mar 22 with 4650 viewsD_Dale

'Record Club Signing' on 13:26 - Mar 22 by Johnson

CJ Hamilton

Surely not this CJ Hamilton?:

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=87761
'Record Club Signing' on 18:40 - Mar 22 with 4613 viewsJohnson

'Record Club Signing' on 18:20 - Mar 22 by D_Dale

Yep
'Record Club Signing' on 19:00 - Mar 22 with 4560 viewsD_Dale

'Record Club Signing' on 18:40 - Mar 22 by Johnson

Yep

Wow (in a non-enthusiastic sort of way). Wikipedia adds a bit more info., including he's 25 tomorrow, but there seems not much to enthuse about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJ_Hamilton_(footballer)
'Record Club Signing' on 19:23 - Mar 22 with 4501 viewsIOMDale

'Record Club Signing' on 18:20 - Mar 22 by D_Dale

It must be said that SB has his position wrong (he’s a striker) and is missing his entire spell at Mansfield.

UTDNFS

'Record Club Signing' on 22:02 - Mar 22 with 4317 viewsAtThePeake

'Record Club Signing' on 19:00 - Mar 22 by D_Dale

Wow (in a non-enthusiastic sort of way). Wikipedia adds a bit more info., including he's 25 tomorrow, but there seems not much to enthuse about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJ_Hamilton_(footballer)

Named in L2 Team of the Season last year.

Tangled up in blue.

'Record Club Signing' on 22:36 - Mar 22 with 4271 viewsnordenblue

'Record Club Signing' on 22:02 - Mar 22 by AtThePeake

Edit ....Double post
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 22:37]
'Record Club Signing' on 22:36 - Mar 22 with 4271 viewsnordenblue

'Record Club Signing' on 22:02 - Mar 22 by AtThePeake

It seems Flicker really rated him at Mansfield too, doesn't seem too shabby
'Record Club Signing' on 09:41 - Mar 23 with 4017 viewsjonahwhereru

In hindsight and a short term view it has probably done us a favour that the deal didn’t go through. Of course that may chance if we every get this season restarted.
Think it’s time to call it a day for the season, and have play offs between those in relegation and promotion positioned teams to assemble new leagues for a new season, whenever that can start.
'Record Club Signing' on 14:50 - Mar 23 with 3833 viewsfitzochris

'Record Club Signing' on 09:41 - Mar 23 by jonahwhereru

In hindsight and a short term view it has probably done us a favour that the deal didn’t go through. Of course that may chance if we every get this season restarted.
Think it’s time to call it a day for the season, and have play offs between those in relegation and promotion positioned teams to assemble new leagues for a new season, whenever that can start.

Why has it done us a favour?

'Record Club Signing' on 20:29 - Mar 23 with 3590 viewsThacks_Rabbits

'Record Club Signing' on 14:50 - Mar 23 by fitzochris

Why has it done us a favour?

I would guess due to fee and wages paid fitz, for essentially someone barely used for most likely 6 - 9 months

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

'Record Club Signing' on 22:17 - Mar 23 with 3505 viewsfitzochris

'Record Club Signing' on 20:29 - Mar 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

I would guess due to fee and wages paid fitz, for essentially someone barely used for most likely 6 - 9 months

But how do you know Mansfield won’t exercise an option in his contract and we will need to pay for him in the summer anyway?

At least if we had got him in January he would be one less player to recruit in the summer. There is no guarantee we will get him now.

'Record Club Signing' on 22:30 - Mar 23 with 3480 viewsThacks_Rabbits

'Record Club Signing' on 22:17 - Mar 23 by fitzochris

But how do you know Mansfield won’t exercise an option in his contract and we will need to pay for him in the summer anyway?

At least if we had got him in January he would be one less player to recruit in the summer. There is no guarantee we will get him now.

I think that’s almost certainly the case, was just guessing at the reasoning behind the comment.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024