Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) 13:33 - May 20 with 7627 viewswimborne_dale

Edgar Allan's Crow

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 08:49 - May 21 with 2391 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 08:19 - May 21 by rod_leach

Gareth Griffith's header against Coventry in the cup wasn't bad.
Chris O Grady's half volley in the area away at Lincoln in 2009 has stuck in my mind
Tom Kennedy's penalty against you know who!

Re TK penalty. Was it Maidstone? Or was it Darlington (before they became Darlington 10358 overture or sommat).
Hang on, somebody’s just given me a clue (they were twice FA Cup winners pre tin). It’s the Royal Engineers wasn’t it? I knew I’d get there in the end.
I dunno with these defunct clubs, you almost end up expunging them from history don’t you.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 8:52]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 09:03 - May 21 with 2367 viewsmingthemerciless

The Connor " David Beckhamesque " lob from near the half way line sticks in my memory.
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 11:13 - May 21 with 2294 viewsDaleiLama

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 13:55 - May 20 by BigDaveMyCock

How will you know?

My gender reassignment will be completed on 1/6/20 and I will finally become a time lord. Let's see Boris test, track and trace me then.

I'm still laughing at what I read on-line the other day - this stuff really goes on!

"God, this is why you have to pump the brakes on crazy before it get too out of control.
So you know about trans, and you may have even heard about those that are trans-able, and mutilate themselves to be a disabled person in an able person’s body (read up on the chick that put draino in her eyes because she identified as a blind person) well now there is Trans-speciesism that's right now, you can identify as not only a sex you aren’t, but either not human, or not entirely human. What's even more fun about this new thing, is they often identify as creatures that aren’t even real like Elves and Dragons, lol.
I thought well ok if its a fantasy thing maybe they just do it for fun, except there are people publicly identifying as “deerkin” lol. Some actually pretend to be part animal, like crawling around on all fours. Oh btw, there is a space elf guy, he said that once he has his ribs removed so that he can get the body shape he believe is the correct one for him, he’d like to get them and cook them so he can see what his own flesh tastes like. Apparently the extra-terrestrial elven race he identifies as, are cannibalistic".

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 11:28 - May 21 with 2287 viewswimborne_dale

To get back on topic,
Jonah's belter at St Mary's
And Peter Vincenti's 93rd minute equaliser at Chesterfield in 2014.
As Smaclad1 pointed out, it's not just the spectacularness of the goal but the drama of the situation. We had been 2-0 down at 90', got a penalty for handball on the line, which Hendo scored. A minute later we had a corner (Dale left) and the whole Dale section stood up as if in expectation. Hendo (I think) took the corner and Vincenti met it perfectly. Time slowed down for me and the whole Dale section went mental.

Edgar Allan's Crow

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:14 - May 21 with 2251 viewsDaleiLama

To stay on topic, that I've seen live, best league goal was JT just for the tension of the game alone, followed by the what seemed like a half hour wait for safety.

Cup goals for sheer joy were Davies (won an unthinkable replay at 1-2 down) and Luke (unthinkable full stop for the boy wonder) but for quality combined with importance, the Hendo impudence vs Leeds was cool, calm and clinical and summed the man up.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:21 - May 21 with 2239 viewsTVOS1907

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 09:03 - May 21 by mingthemerciless

The Connor " David Beckhamesque " lob from near the half way line sticks in my memory.

Do you mean Andy Flounders v Lincoln? Connor never score a goal like that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:31 - May 21 with 2232 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 11:13 - May 21 by DaleiLama

My gender reassignment will be completed on 1/6/20 and I will finally become a time lord. Let's see Boris test, track and trace me then.

I'm still laughing at what I read on-line the other day - this stuff really goes on!

"God, this is why you have to pump the brakes on crazy before it get too out of control.
So you know about trans, and you may have even heard about those that are trans-able, and mutilate themselves to be a disabled person in an able person’s body (read up on the chick that put draino in her eyes because she identified as a blind person) well now there is Trans-speciesism that's right now, you can identify as not only a sex you aren’t, but either not human, or not entirely human. What's even more fun about this new thing, is they often identify as creatures that aren’t even real like Elves and Dragons, lol.
I thought well ok if its a fantasy thing maybe they just do it for fun, except there are people publicly identifying as “deerkin” lol. Some actually pretend to be part animal, like crawling around on all fours. Oh btw, there is a space elf guy, he said that once he has his ribs removed so that he can get the body shape he believe is the correct one for him, he’d like to get them and cook them so he can see what his own flesh tastes like. Apparently the extra-terrestrial elven race he identifies as, are cannibalistic".

Variety is the spice of life.
DianeiLama? DorisiLama? I quite like Doris.
BigDorisMyFanny. In America, BigDorisMyBeever.
BigDorisMyTvvat and BigDorisMyu nt - I thought I’d get in there first.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 12:37]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:36 - May 21 with 2206 viewsD_Alien

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:31 - May 21 by BigDaveMyCock

Variety is the spice of life.
DianeiLama? DorisiLama? I quite like Doris.
BigDorisMyFanny. In America, BigDorisMyBeever.
BigDorisMyTvvat and BigDorisMyu nt - I thought I’d get in there first.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 12:37]

Easier to just move to Wales, MyfanwyLama

Incidentally, opening line to a lyric by erm...Ryan Davies:

"Paham mae dicter, O Myfanwy,"

https://www.google.com/search?q=myfanwy+lyrics&oq=myfanwy&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j46l

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:37 - May 21 with 2209 viewsmingthemerciless

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:21 - May 21 by TVOS1907

Yeah, that's the one.

The big Reg rocket of a free kick in the League Cup at Bolton back in the early 1970's would take some beating. It was out on the left wing about 40 yards from goal and Reg hammered the ball straight as a die into the far top corner. Eddie Hopkinson in the Bolton goal never even saw it coming.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 13:01]
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 13:26 - May 21 with 2155 viewspioneer

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:37 - May 21 by mingthemerciless

Yeah, that's the one.

The big Reg rocket of a free kick in the League Cup at Bolton back in the early 1970's would take some beating. It was out on the left wing about 40 yards from goal and Reg hammered the ball straight as a die into the far top corner. Eddie Hopkinson in the Bolton goal never even saw it coming.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 13:01]

Yes 3-1 up away to a div 2 (now championship) team and lost 6-3. Great game, awful result.
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 16:00 - May 21 with 2110 viewsmingthemerciless

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 13:26 - May 21 by pioneer

Yes 3-1 up away to a div 2 (now championship) team and lost 6-3. Great game, awful result.

Yes it was a good game in spite of the result. The final score didn't do the Dale justice. Johnny Byrom was a class act for Bolton and basically he was the difference between the two teams.
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 16:24 - May 21 with 2095 viewsKenBoon

Best goal: Jones away at Southampton (although I would probably change my mind dozens of times as I remember more). Joey T's easily the most emotional because it was so much more than just a goal that kept us up.

Most important: Chris Dagnall's injury time equaliser away at Rushden & Diamonds. They were pick up form and we were dropping like a stone. It not only saved us losing 3 points to them but it took the wind out of their push to stay up. I think there's a very, very real chance we'd have got relegated to non-league without that goal.
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 16:45 - May 21 with 2083 viewselectricblue

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 12:21 - May 21 by TVOS1907

I actually think that Jon Bowdens goal from halfway was better than Andy Flounders a
Im sure Bowden controlled the ball just in front of the dug outs and in Dales own half from where he lobbed the keeper......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 17:25 - May 21 with 2054 viewsMancDale

Couple more that haven't been mentioned...

Henderson vs. Chesterfield in the 2016/27 season. Casual sidefoot finish into the top corner from the edge of the area. Probably the best goal he's scored for us I reckon

Jason Peake vs. Halifax back in the late 90s. Overkick from outside the box. Haven't seen a goal like it since
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 20:21 - May 21 with 1988 viewsTVOS1907

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 16:45 - May 21 by electricblue

I actually think that Jon Bowdens goal from halfway was better than Andy Flounders a
Im sure Bowden controlled the ball just in front of the dug outs and in Dales own half from where he lobbed the keeper......

I think you're getting confused with the one he scored from about 30 yards against bury.

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 20:37 - May 21 with 1976 viewsfinberty

In terms of unexpected technique in a dire season, Rob Wakenshaw's near-bicycle kick in a 5-3 win over Halifax. This was the season of the great escape, 1986/87. Wakenshaw always tended to look the part of a young footballer stepping down a few divisions, but didn't trouble the scorers too often, preferring to leave that sort of thing to Lyndon Simmonds, Derek Parlane and John Bramhall. I think it was the sense of disbelief that he could actually do it, added to the importance of bagging those vital three points, that make it live long in the memory.

This match came immediately before the critical home win over Stockport, a game we very nearly f*cked up big style, but ended with a pitch invasion and Lyndon Simmonds being chaired off the pitch by the fans. After the Stockport result and with only one more game to come, we could not be caught and relegated.

TVOS will correct me but wasn't former United keeper Paddy Roche in the nets for Halifax? I always felt reassured for some reason when Paddy turned out for the opposition.
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 21:34 - May 21 with 1943 viewsTVOS1907

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 20:37 - May 21 by finberty

In terms of unexpected technique in a dire season, Rob Wakenshaw's near-bicycle kick in a 5-3 win over Halifax. This was the season of the great escape, 1986/87. Wakenshaw always tended to look the part of a young footballer stepping down a few divisions, but didn't trouble the scorers too often, preferring to leave that sort of thing to Lyndon Simmonds, Derek Parlane and John Bramhall. I think it was the sense of disbelief that he could actually do it, added to the importance of bagging those vital three points, that make it live long in the memory.

This match came immediately before the critical home win over Stockport, a game we very nearly f*cked up big style, but ended with a pitch invasion and Lyndon Simmonds being chaired off the pitch by the fans. After the Stockport result and with only one more game to come, we could not be caught and relegated.

TVOS will correct me but wasn't former United keeper Paddy Roche in the nets for Halifax? I always felt reassured for some reason when Paddy turned out for the opposition.

He was and Phil Brown was at right-back and Alan Knill at centre-half.

You'll find some pics here:

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 22:58 - May 21 with 1895 viewsFrog

Ronnie Moore against Scunthorpe? to get us the game against Man United in the FA Cup.
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 04:19 - May 22 with 1827 viewsCanadaDale

Paul Connor in the FA Cup at home to Coventry!
Slotted it to seal the game.
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 09:20 - May 22 with 1765 viewsAtThePeake

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 04:19 - May 22 by CanadaDale

Paul Connor in the FA Cup at home to Coventry!
Slotted it to seal the game.

Not sure about sealing the game, think it was the opening goal in the first half as I seem to remember it being down at the TDS with Griffiths scoring the second at the Sandy Lane after half-time.

Tangled up in blue.

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 10:46 - May 22 with 1720 viewsBlueMessiah

The Robbie Wakenshaw one has always been my favourite Dale goal despite some much better ones since.

Really enjoyed the Hendo "missed" penalty when Vincenti slammed home the rebound. Genius!

Poll: Do I Know You?

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 14:57 - May 22 with 1670 viewsQuigley_dale

What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 15:33 - May 22 with 1633 viewsFaxdale

Agree with peakes goal
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 06:39 - May 26 with 1458 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Daggers at Rushden in 2006
What's your favourite ever Dale goal? (n/t) on 16:35 - May 26 with 1362 viewsFatBoyCassy

Graeme Atkinson's late goal at Millmoor, with an assist from Flitcroft. TVOS will know the year. Not a classic, but, the sudden realisation that we weren't going to be whipping boys any more made it special for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024