Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester NORTH 08:34 - May 29 with 5846 viewsrochdale1

Might not be a popular opinion or idea, but with Bury now obviously gone and the current financial issues across the EFL, which by all accounts we are not safe from.
I remember a few years ago ideas floating about a Manchester North team.
Would fans ever consider the idea or ROCHDALE, OLDHAM and BURY area as currently no team, consider the idea of a joint MANCHESTER NORTH team?

Surely commercially this would be much bigger and allow a lot more revenue streams.

Also I can't help but think as a combined team would be attract a much higher ownership investment opportunity.

Lets be honest we are punching with very little opportunity to reach a higher level. Would this not allow us together this progress?

Only thoughts ? But interested to see how people look at that idea
Manchester NORTH on 08:37 - May 29 with 3991 viewsjudd

Rochdale, Oldham & Bury.

ROB FC has a certain nuance to it.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Manchester NORTH on 08:38 - May 29 with 3980 viewsisitme

It's a no from me.
Manchester NORTH on 08:43 - May 29 with 3957 viewsD_Alien

I see no reason whatsoever why Dale should help the others achieve either solvency or higher status

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Manchester NORTH on 08:53 - May 29 with 3935 viewsNorthernDale

I remember that somebody suggested this idea some years ago and the vast majority of the fans of three clubs all said 'no', because like MK Dons the club would have no soul or history.
Manchester NORTH on 08:57 - May 29 with 3927 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Manchester NORTH on 08:43 - May 29 by D_Alien

I see no reason whatsoever why Dale should help the others achieve either solvency or higher status

And we are LANCASTRIANS. I am not & never will be a “greater mancunian.”
Manchester NORTH on 09:00 - May 29 with 3919 viewsrochdale1

Manchester NORTH on 08:43 - May 29 by D_Alien

But Financially are we sound for years to come? Of course I understand point of view not helping others but as fans I can see the argument for the positives.
More and more clubs will go into administration over the coming years without bail out plans.
Would it not be better to secure some sort of positive future ?
Manchester NORTH on 09:10 - May 29 with 3903 viewsDaleiLama

Manchester NORTH on 09:00 - May 29 by rochdale1

But Financially are we sound for years to come? Of course I understand point of view not helping others but as fans I can see the argument for the positives.
More and more clubs will go into administration over the coming years without bail out plans.

Although I am exiled now, I was "born and bred" in Rochdale and that's why I support a team from there. No disrespect, but you are looking for a cure. What is needed is prevention. Then we can go on supporting Dale and others can go on supporting their team (mostly - not all are still around).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Manchester NORTH on 09:40 - May 29 with 3848 viewsMass_Debater

We're ROCHDALE fans. End of discussion.
Login to get fewer ads

Manchester NORTH on 09:43 - May 29 with 3842 viewsncfc_chalky

Why would you want to lose your identity and history and just supposing that it happened where would the new club start in the league,would it be in league one next season because it's part Dale or way down the pyramid because it's a new club and part Bury?
Notts and Forest couldn't agree to share a brand new stadium back in the 90's nevermind joining forces as one

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Manchester NORTH on 09:58 - May 29 with 3817 viewsChaffRAFC

No

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Manchester NORTH on 10:23 - May 29 with 3780 viewsdownunder

Wait a few years, Biffo's will go bust or fall out of League, leaving Rochdale as the only team. (FG's please look away from this post
Manchester NORTH on 10:36 - May 29 with 3767 viewsSalegraham

Manchester NORTH on 10:23 - May 29 by downunder

Wait a few years, Biffo's will go bust or fall out of League, leaving Rochdale as the only team. (FG's please look away from this post

No
Manchester NORTH on 10:41 - May 29 with 3759 viewskel

I’d rather nail my testicles to the floor than associate with the large number of absolute bellends that support them two.
Manchester NORTH on 11:23 - May 29 with 3693 viewselectricblue

Manchester NORTH on 08:57 - May 29 by Plattyswrinklynuts

And we are LANCASTRIANS. I am not & never will be a “greater mancunian.”

I agree..
Im never a manc as they say im 100% a Lancastrian and always will be.
I even put Lancashire on my letters etc...

And the answer to the manchestet north..
Hell no.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Manchester NORTH on 11:31 - May 29 with 3677 viewsSandyman

Never.
Manchester NORTH on 11:41 - May 29 with 3662 views49thseason

Manchester NORTH on 11:23 - May 29 by electricblue

I agree..
Im never a manc as they say im 100% a Lancastrian and always will be.
I even put Lancashire on my letters etc...

And the answer to the manchestet north..
Hell no.....

I wouldnt support a full-on merger, but I do think that RAFC needs to expand its thinking and start appealing to the wider area, particularly where there is no longer an EFL team. I dont think there will be any great gains from simple,osmosis. However, I do think that an active plan should be in place to extend marketing beyond the Rochdale boundaries and could prove to be effective. There must be lots of kids in Bury who want to go to a football match , if we dont grab them, Accrington or the Manchester clubs will.
Manchester NORTH on 11:42 - May 29 with 3663 viewsfrenzied

Not for me
Manchester NORTH on 11:51 - May 29 with 3656 viewsSuddenLad

'Manchester North End' was an idea proposed many years ago as a way of combining the three clubs to emerge as a stronger single entity with a better, more stable and financially secure future.

The idea was strangled and buried at birth by supporters of all 3 clubs.

That's where it should stay.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Manchester NORTH on 12:02 - May 29 with 3633 viewsD_Alien

Manchester NORTH on 09:00 - May 29 by rochdale1

My post was mainly flagging up the irony of Dale being seen by the other two clubs as the 'poor relation' right up until about 5 years ago. If Dale were to merge, the financial probity we've worked so hard for would likely go out the window, as any proposed new club would be open to the same level of uncertainty brought about by chancers that's done for bury and almost done for Latics

That same financial probity isn't a given right now at Dale, either, but as fans we're used to this and won't accept anything less
[Post edited 29 May 2020 12:03]

Manchester NORTH on 12:34 - May 29 with 3582 viewsNigeriamark

As long as the team played in Rochdale, was called Rochdale AFC, only then included historical records of that pertaining to be from Rochdale AFCs history then I think I could live with it. As long as they also only played in Rochdale colours of course
Manchester NORTH on 13:07 - May 29 with 3538 viewsTVOS1907

Manchester NORTH on 09:43 - May 29 by ncfc_chalky

Why would you want to lose your identity and history and just supposing that it happened where would the new club start in the league,would it be in league one next season because it's part Dale or way down the pyramid because it's a new club and part Bury?
Notts and Forest couldn't agree to share a brand new stadium back in the 90's nevermind joining forces as one

Exactly chalky, which is why the whole idea is a non-starter.

First post in a year as well. Hmm...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Manchester NORTH on 13:13 - May 29 with 3530 viewsD_Alien

Manchester NORTH on 13:07 - May 29 by TVOS1907

Exactly chalky, which is why the whole idea is a non-starter.

First post in a year as well. Hmm...

Noticed that

He should rename himself "Mayfly"

Manchester NORTH on 13:13 - May 29 with 3527 viewsboromat

Understand the idea but never been for it.

I think in recent times it makes even less sense. We now have Salford and FC United that are 'Manchester' Clubs. With the demise of Bury and Oldham struggling we should continue as we are but as others have said widen our scope to beyond the Rochdale boundaries.

Rochdale AFC - 'North Manchesters EFL Club'

Think a re-branding along those lines might p1ss a few people off but you get the idea

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Manchester NORTH on 13:22 - May 29 with 3500 viewsTVOS1907

Manchester NORTH on 13:13 - May 29 by boromat

Understand the idea but never been for it.

I think in recent times it makes even less sense. We now have Salford and FC United that are 'Manchester' Clubs. With the demise of Bury and Oldham struggling we should continue as we are but as others have said widen our scope to beyond the Rochdale boundaries.

Rochdale AFC - 'North Manchesters EFL Club'

Think a re-branding along those lines might p1ss a few people off but you get the idea

So totally unnecessary then?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Manchester NORTH on 13:35 - May 29 with 3473 viewswimborne_dale

A merger would only improve the financial position if the fans continue to come through the turnstiles. That only happens if their hearts are in it. It looks very like they aren't. I guess some Dale fans would defect to Accy or maybe even Strathspey Thistle rather than be seen to support MNFC.

Edit - typo
[Post edited 29 May 2020 13:37]

Edgar Allan's Crow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024