Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chairman speaks! 19:47 - Jun 11 with 1054 viewsdurham_exile

Probably the most uplifting and positive contribution he has ever delivered.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18511480.colchester-united-chairman-robbie-

The excellent news doesn't stop there because three of the Colchester four will be able to play in the three match series plus Theo Robinson can also "finish the job".

The only negative is that Brandon Comley will not be rejoining the club.

It is of course to be hoped that promotion, once secured, will allow us to offer fresh contracts to Luke Prosser, Big Frank and Ryan Jackson.

Exciting times.

Bring it on

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Chairman speaks! on 07:57 - Jun 12 with 1003 viewsbwildered

All welcome news from the Chairman, especially regarding refund options to be made available .

Are the play off games only available on Sky has thought that U'splayer was to be made available STH ?

Best wishes to ALL at the club regards the play offs .

Stay safe everybody

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Chairman speaks! on 09:12 - Jun 12 with 992 viewswessex_exile

The Chairman speaks! on 07:57 - Jun 12 by bwildered

All welcome news from the Chairman, especially regarding refund options to be made available .

Are the play off games only available on Sky has thought that U'splayer was to be made available STH ?

Best wishes to ALL at the club regards the play offs .

Stay safe everybody

Only $ky apparently - it’s them calling the shots, as they wouldn’t want to share the broadcasting rights. I don’t subscribe, so have bought a Now TV month pass.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

The Chairman speaks! on 11:18 - Jun 12 with 977 viewsnoah4x4

The Chairman speaks! on 09:12 - Jun 12 by wessex_exile

Only $ky apparently - it’s them calling the shots, as they wouldn’t want to share the broadcasting rights. I don’t subscribe, so have bought a Now TV month pass.

The fact it is only available on Sky Tv is (arguably) the only viable financial option for the club's. If broadcast on I-Follow I doubt if it would generate the same broadcast revenue for the club's that will have significant costs (such as players and staff no longer furloughed) but no ticket revenue. Exeter reckon they will lose £150k despite broadcast revenue.

As identified by Wessex, those without Sky TV can buy a NOW TV Sky Sports subscription for £9.99 (day pass) or £33.99 (month pass). Given the latter is no more than the cost of two match day tickets, that seems reasonable to me. Albeit I am a regular Sky Sports Subscriber for £22 per month, I do have to subscribe to other bits, so I pay far more for a months Sky TV viewing. Hence, £33.99 isn't unreasonable in that sense. Season tickets holders have been promised refunds for the interrupted season, and Play Off matches would not have been included in ST prices.
The Chairman speaks! on 12:37 - Jun 12 with 967 viewswessex_exile

The Chairman speaks! on 11:18 - Jun 12 by noah4x4

The fact it is only available on Sky Tv is (arguably) the only viable financial option for the club's. If broadcast on I-Follow I doubt if it would generate the same broadcast revenue for the club's that will have significant costs (such as players and staff no longer furloughed) but no ticket revenue. Exeter reckon they will lose £150k despite broadcast revenue.

As identified by Wessex, those without Sky TV can buy a NOW TV Sky Sports subscription for £9.99 (day pass) or £33.99 (month pass). Given the latter is no more than the cost of two match day tickets, that seems reasonable to me. Albeit I am a regular Sky Sports Subscriber for £22 per month, I do have to subscribe to other bits, so I pay far more for a months Sky TV viewing. Hence, £33.99 isn't unreasonable in that sense. Season tickets holders have been promised refunds for the interrupted season, and Play Off matches would not have been included in ST prices.

I'd be very nervous if the play-offs were broadcast on iFollow, spending the minutes leading up to kick-off wondering whether it was even going to start, and then the first 15-20 minutes of the match wondering where the commentary had got to. There is considerable benefit to paying more for a professional service - reassuringly expensive

Up the U's

The Chairman speaks! on 14:55 - Jun 12 with 954 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Chairman speaks! on 12:37 - Jun 12 by wessex_exile

I'd be very nervous if the play-offs were broadcast on iFollow, spending the minutes leading up to kick-off wondering whether it was even going to start, and then the first 15-20 minutes of the match wondering where the commentary had got to. There is considerable benefit to paying more for a professional service - reassuringly expensive

Admirally accurate analysis as always Wessex!
That is indeed the I-follow experience which for me has resulted in five refunds so far......

Up the U's from afar. Time we beat Exeter and hopefully can avoid Cheltenham.

Moor Pinot

The Chairman speaks! on 17:23 - Jun 12 with 936 viewsburnsieespana

I suspect when we look back on this period in 18 months time we will be glad we had Robbie at the helm.

He is not everybody's cup of tea and I don't know him personally but does often seem ahead of the curve.

I really fear for a number of clubs once the chill winds of winter hit with little or no income and thank goodness we had our cup run.
The Chairman speaks! on 18:47 - Jun 12 with 927 viewsdurham_exile

The Chairman speaks! on 17:23 - Jun 12 by burnsieespana

I suspect when we look back on this period in 18 months time we will be glad we had Robbie at the helm.

He is not everybody's cup of tea and I don't know him personally but does often seem ahead of the curve.

I really fear for a number of clubs once the chill winds of winter hit with little or no income and thank goodness we had our cup run.

Burnsie being in league one next season will help a little.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Chairman speaks! on 19:17 - Jun 12 with 925 viewspwrightsknees

The Chairman speaks! on 17:23 - Jun 12 by burnsieespana

As an ambitious fan who would love to see us conquer Europe, I am nevertheless encouraged by Robbie's comments.

I would much prefer languishing in mid-table, League 2, but still have a club to follow. Other, more extravagant clubs, may no longer be around soon.
Login to get fewer ads

The Chairman speaks! on 19:19 - Jun 12 with 925 viewswessex_exile

The Chairman speaks! on 14:55 - Jun 12 by Moor_Pinot

Admirally accurate analysis as always Wessex!
That is indeed the I-follow experience which for me has resulted in five refunds so far......

Up the U's from afar. Time we beat Exeter and hopefully can avoid Cheltenham.

Admirably awesome and apt alliteration also amigo - top marks!

Up the U's

The Chairman speaks! on 08:21 - Jun 13 with 885 viewsbwildered

Next season L1 will include Tractor Boys and Black Cats , L2 Sothend and Bolton .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024