Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan Athletic 12:41 - Jul 1 with 11158 viewsChaffRAFC

Enter administration with a 12 point deduction looming which would see them back bottom of the Championship.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Wigan Athletic on 21:12 - Jul 1 with 2800 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wigan Athletic on 14:05 - Jul 1 by Dalenet

I am sure Wigan won't be the last. We might find that the bottom 6 clubs in each division are on minus points whenever the next season starts. The FL won't know what to do

The effect of cv19 on Wigan is minimal, according to them. It’s the new owners that haven’t put the money in that they said was available !

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wigan Athletic on 21:14 - Jul 1 with 2796 viewsncfc_chalky

Wigan Athletic on 21:00 - Jul 1 by blackdogblue

Chalky lad, went fishing for a tiddler & caught a shark.,,

Fook off 😂😂

Very good bdb

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Wigan Athletic on 23:56 - Jul 1 with 2607 viewsjoecooke

Springfield park beckons

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Wigan Athletic on 02:23 - Jul 2 with 2568 viewsYadHoDale

New owners 4 weeks ago and now in admin?

Relegate them to L2 and let Tranmere stay up in L1.
Wigan Athletic on 08:12 - Jul 2 with 2456 viewsNorthernDale

The EFL are not fit for purpose, another dodgy owner are allowed to take over a club. It sounds like they did not have any money, but borrowed around £20 million and lent it to Wigan, with interest payments of around £30,000 a week being applied and I am confused with how they transferred ownership by creating a new company. It sounds like a 100% scam and the Quest last night that they thought something was not right about the reasons for investing in Wigan. We could we be next if the Altman succeed in their plans, because their investment plans are based on loans.

But sadly, this is not the only example of the EFL not doing their job, Bury was kicked out of the EFL for having a dodgy owner who had no money, but as allowed others to carry on taking over clubs. There too many clubs within the EFL with dodgy owners who are destroying the clubs for financial gain.
Wigan Athletic on 10:44 - Jul 2 with 2338 viewselectricblue

That could well be about altman.
Dale plan to lose a certain amount per season and any loan payments on top can only mean the demise of Dale..

The veto of not allowing altman to get more shares and a controling amount is becoming more clearer.

Looking at Wigan this past 24hrs and then look at Oldham, Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton all local teams it was inevitable that something would happen..

The general feeling is that another 10/15 clubs could soon follow and hope n pray that Dale are not one of them....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wigan Athletic on 11:35 - Jul 2 with 2271 views49thseason

Wigan Athletic on 10:44 - Jul 2 by electricblue

That could well be about altman.
Dale plan to lose a certain amount per season and any loan payments on top can only mean the demise of Dale..

The veto of not allowing altman to get more shares and a controling amount is becoming more clearer.

Looking at Wigan this past 24hrs and then look at Oldham, Bury, Macclesfield, Bolton all local teams it was inevitable that something would happen..

The general feeling is that another 10/15 clubs could soon follow and hope n pray that Dale are not one of them....

Altman said the loans, if any, would be:

"In the event that we made zero-interest loans to the club, the loans would not have had any collateral."

So nothing like the the Wigan situation.

The board cannot veto anyone from buying shares from other shareholders. That is a private transaction beween buyer and seller. If Altman were to be aggressive and set out to buy up shares from all the other shareholders, there is nothing the board could do other than offer more and buy them themselves.
Wigan Athletic on 11:38 - Jul 2 with 2265 viewselectricblue

And that could yet happen once the situation about next season becomes clearer..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan Athletic on 18:52 - Jul 2 with 2050 views442Dale

Those figures on wages make me feel ill.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wigan Athletic on 19:02 - Jul 2 with 2019 viewsSuddenLad

Wigan Athletic on 18:52 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

That's a brilliant example of how not to run a business. It's a disgrace that it's even allowed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wigan Athletic on 19:12 - Jul 2 with 2011 views1997Dale

Wigan Athletic on 11:35 - Jul 2 by 49thseason

Altman said the loans, if any, would be:

"In the event that we made zero-interest loans to the club, the loans would not have had any collateral."

So nothing like the the Wigan situation.

The board cannot veto anyone from buying shares from other shareholders. That is a private transaction beween buyer and seller. If Altman were to be aggressive and set out to buy up shares from all the other shareholders, there is nothing the board could do other than offer more and buy them themselves.

I also saw on Frances' Linkedin profile a congratulations from Dan Altman to her and the CEO regarding the 6 year deal with Crown Oil so perhaps the relationship between the club and Altman isn't as frosty as it appeared.
Wigan Athletic on 19:15 - Jul 2 with 2007 views442Dale

Wigan Athletic on 19:02 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

That's a brilliant example of how not to run a business. It's a disgrace that it's even allowed.

Really hope that the changes to the game because of recent events mean that sort of situation doesn’t exist in the future. Because if it’s like that, can’t see many plus points of being in the Championship.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wigan Athletic on 19:17 - Jul 2 with 1998 viewsSuddenLad

Wigan Athletic on 19:15 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

Really hope that the changes to the game because of recent events mean that sort of situation doesn’t exist in the future. Because if it’s like that, can’t see many plus points of being in the Championship.

Agreed. It's a financially toxic swamp. The message is that UNLESS you overspend by a ridiculous rate, you'll get nowhere her, so stay where you are.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wigan Athletic on 19:37 - Jul 2 with 1953 viewsboromat

Wigan Athletic on 18:52 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

This is nuts! Surely they can't be meeting financial fair play!!

I tried reading the FFP for the championship and it seems quite convoluted and if I read it correctly there's an 'allowance' each season that clubs are allowed to be over the FFP. So the rules allow them to lose more and more money every year?

I hope I've read it wrong.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wigan Athletic on 19:37 - Jul 2 with 1948 viewsnordenblue

Wigan Athletic on 19:17 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

Agreed. It's a financially toxic swamp. The message is that UNLESS you overspend by a ridiculous rate, you'll get nowhere her, so stay where you are.

Have I read that right then Sheff Utd last year had a smaller wage bill than Wigan, had twice the income coming in yet still got promoted?
[Post edited 2 Jul 2020 19:38]
Wigan Athletic on 19:37 - Jul 2 with 1946 viewsJames1980

I was thinking it is galling that if Wigan get through this even if they start the 20/21 in league 1. They will probably end up in The Championship before we do. Sorry for the defeatist attitude.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wigan Athletic on 19:42 - Jul 2 with 1935 viewsncfc_chalky

I'm not surprised to see Forest as one of the main culprits in the chart for wages,as soon as they realise that they aren't a sleeping Premier League club and just an average Championship club then the better,they are all walking around like peacocks lately because they won their last game and now they think that they will go up automatically,I will piss myself if they fook it up again like they usually.do

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Wigan Athletic on 19:49 - Jul 2 with 1925 viewsboromat

If I'm right if Wigan are relegated they'll have to slash their wages to 75% of their income to meet FFP and then to 60% the year after. Huge drop that!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wigan Athletic on 19:57 - Jul 2 with 1913 viewsoff2div1

What I s the scenario when all game results are cancelled. May effect promotion relegation
Wigan Athletic on 20:40 - Jul 2 with 1858 viewsrochdaleriddler

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/02/story-of-how-wigan-collapsed-in

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wigan Athletic on 20:50 - Jul 2 with 1836 viewsTVOS1907

Wigan Athletic on 19:17 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

It should also be a salutary lesson to those who think we should just 'go for it' and 'bust a gut' to get to the Championship. There seem to be an awful lot of pitfalls there for clubs of our size.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wigan Athletic on 21:38 - Jul 2 with 1771 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Wigan Athletic on 08:12 - Jul 2 by NorthernDale

The EFL are not fit for purpose, another dodgy owner are allowed to take over a club. It sounds like they did not have any money, but borrowed around £20 million and lent it to Wigan, with interest payments of around £30,000 a week being applied and I am confused with how they transferred ownership by creating a new company. It sounds like a 100% scam and the Quest last night that they thought something was not right about the reasons for investing in Wigan. We could we be next if the Altman succeed in their plans, because their investment plans are based on loans.

But sadly, this is not the only example of the EFL not doing their job, Bury was kicked out of the EFL for having a dodgy owner who had no money, but as allowed others to carry on taking over clubs. There too many clubs within the EFL with dodgy owners who are destroying the clubs for financial gain.

Bury had been in the financial mire for at least twenty years, spending too much money, compared to their small income. Day and Dale just quickened their demise.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Wigan Athletic on 22:11 - Jul 2 with 1712 viewskel

Wigan Athletic on 20:50 - Jul 2 by TVOS1907

It should also be a salutary lesson to those who think we should just 'go for it' and 'bust a gut' to get to the Championship. There seem to be an awful lot of pitfalls there for clubs of our size.

THINK OF THE YOUNGSTERS
Wigan Athletic on 22:51 - Jul 2 with 1639 viewsdale_spotland

Rumours now of the Wigan administration being linked to a bet placed on them to be relegated.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-848500

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Wigan Athletic on 05:19 - Jul 3 with 1523 viewsDiddyDave

Forgive my naivete when it comes to business,but isn`t it the case that if the bottom line shows a net loss,you don`t have to pay any tax? Branson`s been doing it for years with his airlines.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024