Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Humphreys 19:11 - Sep 2 with 45663 viewsborodale

Dale have offer rejected according to Southend echo!!!!
Stephen Humphreys on 19:14 - Sep 2 with 10373 viewsrkershaw

That's old news man.....see strikers' rumour mill thread below!! Sunderland and Portsmouth were also supposed to be interested a few days ago........sshhhhhhhhh!!

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1045291913?-1906:1007
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 19:18]
Stephen Humphreys on 19:22 - Sep 2 with 10292 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Can’t imagine “we will take him for free” had them diving for the stationary drawer.

Unless he has improved a lot I can’t say he would be a signing to inspire, having said that he is way better than what we currently have.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Stephen Humphreys on 19:27 - Sep 2 with 10253 viewsrkershaw

Stephen Humphreys on 19:22 - Sep 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

Can’t imagine “we will take him for free” had them diving for the stationary drawer.

Unless he has improved a lot I can’t say he would be a signing to inspire, having said that he is way better than what we currently have.

A reminder of what this kid can do versus top opposition......young, talented and local....what's not to like!!??;)

Stephen Humphreys on 19:27 - Sep 2 with 10249 viewsfunkkk

He's a good, young player with his head screwed on - desperate to return to the North West too...
Stephen Humphreys on 19:31 - Sep 2 with 10205 viewsrkershaw

Stephen Humphreys on 19:27 - Sep 2 by funkkk

He's a good, young player with his head screwed on - desperate to return to the North West too...

Great finish and superb assist by Cannon........I'd have them both back in a heart beat!!
Stephen Humphreys on 19:40 - Sep 2 with 10112 viewsBrierls

He'd be a very good signing. There aren't many mobile, goal-scoring, target men about! I think he'd do well under BBM's encouraging style too.

Which is why I think a bid will alert others and we'll miss out. I'm very much glass half empty at the min.

I suspect there is a huge regret within the club that we didn't reach an agreement with Hendo. More so now, despite how the relationship deteriorated.
Stephen Humphreys on 19:44 - Sep 2 with 10083 viewsboromat

It'd be a great signing I just can't see us paying £500k for anyone.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stephen Humphreys on 19:53 - Sep 2 with 10016 viewsnordenblue

Stephen Humphreys on 19:40 - Sep 2 by Brierls

He'd be a very good signing. There aren't many mobile, goal-scoring, target men about! I think he'd do well under BBM's encouraging style too.

Which is why I think a bid will alert others and we'll miss out. I'm very much glass half empty at the min.

I suspect there is a huge regret within the club that we didn't reach an agreement with Hendo. More so now, despite how the relationship deteriorated.

Not too sure about the last paragraph Brierls,there appears to be certain folk at the club more than willing to let Hendo leave at the time it seems
Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Humphreys on 19:54 - Sep 2 with 10012 viewsThacks_Rabbits

He would be a great improvement on what we have, but there is no way this is going to happen.

We keep saying how skint we are, to get him would mean breaking our transfer record, at a time when players are available all over for free, and that’s before we look at wages.

You then have to look at the mixed messages this will send by the ceo and board. His signing would cost the equivalent of all our season ticket sales this season if we include wages.

I am sure being linked with certain players might help season ticket sales, but it’s not realistic!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Stephen Humphreys on 20:09 - Sep 2 with 9944 viewsDale23years

Stephen Humphreys on 19:54 - Sep 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

He would be a great improvement on what we have, but there is no way this is going to happen.

We keep saying how skint we are, to get him would mean breaking our transfer record, at a time when players are available all over for free, and that’s before we look at wages.

You then have to look at the mixed messages this will send by the ceo and board. His signing would cost the equivalent of all our season ticket sales this season if we include wages.

I am sure being linked with certain players might help season ticket sales, but it’s not realistic!

We using the Rathbone money ???

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Stephen Humphreys on 20:22 - Sep 2 with 9870 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Humphreys on 20:09 - Sep 2 by Dale23years

Doubt it. Have heard nothing re rathbone from Lincolnshire way, probably a waiting game on both sides, but I don’t know.

Stephen Humphreys on 20:22 - Sep 2 with 9875 viewsrkershaw

My thoughts precisely Dale23years
Stephen Humphreys on 20:35 - Sep 2 with 9796 viewsrichfoad32

Stephen Humphreys on 19:44 - Sep 2 by boromat

Am I missing summat, where was £500k mentioned? Not a hope in hell if that's the case.
Stephen Humphreys on 20:39 - Sep 2 with 9772 viewsonedalefan

Stephen Humphreys on 20:22 - Sep 2 by Thacks_Rabbits

Doubt it. Have heard nothing re rathbone from Lincolnshire way, probably a waiting game on both sides, but I don’t know.

Since when was Hull in Lincolnshire?
Stephen Humphreys on 20:39 - Sep 2 with 9762 viewsSuddenLad

According to fitzochris on Twitter, earlier today, the Rathbone deal is dead in the water. Hull have finished their interest in him and won't be pursuing the deal further.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stephen Humphreys on 21:04 - Sep 2 with 9618 viewsrochdaleriddler

Stephen Humphreys on 19:44 - Sep 2 by boromat

Be surprised if it was more than £75’000

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Stephen Humphreys on 21:14 - Sep 2 with 9540 views49thseason

Humphreys has 10 months left on a 30 month contract (signed Jan 2019) so a move in January 2021 at the latest would seem to be on the cards. A move back to his home area to a club he knows may well look tempting. If it goes beyond the January window they will get nothing for him.
Stephen Humphreys on 22:03 - Sep 2 with 9351 viewsAtThePeake

I think people went slightly overboard on their praise for him in his first spell, he had some talent and definite physical attributes but was raw to say the least and put in some pretty ineffective displays.

That said, his record at Southend in a very poor side suggests he has started to make the most of those attributes and I'd be excited by this signing as I think he fits the bill of a player who can not only score goals but also bring others into play.

Like Thacks, what I don't understand is why we're now making bids for players under contract when we have been trying to get the message out to agents that we have no money. I mentioned it on another thread the other day but if I'm one of said agents right now I think the club are blatantly lying to me and I'm looking to take my player elsewhere.

Tangled up in blue.

Stephen Humphreys on 22:21 - Sep 2 with 9220 viewsdingdangblue

He has got a lot of talent. I'd welcome him back - the type of player Peterborough would sign and sell in a year or so for millions.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stephen Humphreys on 22:35 - Sep 2 with 9188 viewsnordenblue

Stephen Humphreys on 22:21 - Sep 2 by dingdangblue

He has got a lot of talent. I'd welcome him back - the type of player Peterborough would sign and sell in a year or so for millions.

Ridiculously quick feet for a big lad and can shift too,would be a massive positive
Stephen Humphreys on 22:49 - Sep 2 with 9112 viewssweetcorn

Stephen Humphreys on 22:35 - Sep 2 by nordenblue

Ridiculously quick feet for a big lad and can shift too,would be a massive positive

If this rumour was last summer I'd have been pretty happy with the signing as a partner/cover for Henderson, but as a replacement for Henderson it doesn't exactly inspire me.

He's a decent player but we've just lost 60% of our league goals and I don't see humphreys as the man to provide anything even close to that.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stephen Humphreys on 22:52 - Sep 2 with 9090 viewsjudd

Stephen Humphreys on 22:03 - Sep 2 by AtThePeake

I think people went slightly overboard on their praise for him in his first spell, he had some talent and definite physical attributes but was raw to say the least and put in some pretty ineffective displays.

That said, his record at Southend in a very poor side suggests he has started to make the most of those attributes and I'd be excited by this signing as I think he fits the bill of a player who can not only score goals but also bring others into play.

Like Thacks, what I don't understand is why we're now making bids for players under contract when we have been trying to get the message out to agents that we have no money. I mentioned it on another thread the other day but if I'm one of said agents right now I think the club are blatantly lying to me and I'm looking to take my player elsewhere.

Heretic.

Expect the curly finger son.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stephen Humphreys on 22:54 - Sep 2 with 9076 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Humphreys on 20:39 - Sep 2 by onedalefan

Since when was Hull in Lincolnshire?

It’s not, and nor did I say it was. I said Lincolnshire way, which is is. regardless, Lincolnshire is where I occasionally hear stuff, they may or may be right or wrong but I have heard nothing more on the rathbone story for over a week.

Going back a bit the whole Hull/Scunthorpe area had a load of confusion over Yorkshire/Humberside/north Lincolnshire. Pretty sure they sorted it eventually

Stephen Humphreys on 00:33 - Sep 3 with 8906 viewsAtThePeake

Stephen Humphreys on 22:49 - Sep 2 by sweetcorn

If this rumour was last summer I'd have been pretty happy with the signing as a partner/cover for Henderson, but as a replacement for Henderson it doesn't exactly inspire me.

He's a decent player but we've just lost 60% of our league goals and I don't see humphreys as the man to provide anything even close to that.

What about as a replacement for Wilbraham?

There isn't a striker in the country that we can realistically get who would replace Henderson. Thankfully we're not just replacing Henderson but replacing a whole frontline and rather than being so reliant on one man to score 20 goals next season whilst being supplement by next to nothing from our other two forwards, perhaps we're looking to bring in two men who can score 11/12 as I think everyone agrees we need to sign at least two forwards before the end of the window.

Tangled up in blue.

Stephen Humphreys on 02:09 - Sep 3 with 8848 viewssweetcorn

Stephen Humphreys on 00:33 - Sep 3 by AtThePeake

What about as a replacement for Wilbraham?

There isn't a striker in the country that we can realistically get who would replace Henderson. Thankfully we're not just replacing Henderson but replacing a whole frontline and rather than being so reliant on one man to score 20 goals next season whilst being supplement by next to nothing from our other two forwards, perhaps we're looking to bring in two men who can score 11/12 as I think everyone agrees we need to sign at least two forwards before the end of the window.

I’d rather us put available funds into securing the services of someone who we think has the potential to step up and potentially score 20 goals for us. Humphreys may be that person now, but off the sample size I saw of him when playing for us, he doesn’t seem to be that.

We’re pleading poverty, so I can’t imagine we’re going to be paying a fee for 2 strikers, so I’d rather us test the waters with free agents when looking to replace last seasons reserve strikers (which by all accounts Calvin and Wilbraham were).

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024