Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again 16:34 - Oct 7 with 4257 viewssmaclad1

https://www.facebook.com/108427184206732/posts/179686990414084/

Now closed.
Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 16:38 - Oct 7 with 4236 viewsfitzochris

The guy is unreal.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:06 - Oct 7 with 4146 viewssmaclad1

https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/article/humphrey-smith-profile-samuel-pubs-
Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:11 - Oct 7 with 4122 viewsblackdogblue

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 16:38 - Oct 7 by fitzochris

The guy is unreal.

Heard the other day, have been in a few times since it reopened, John & Gee were very welcoming & the place was very clean & Covid controlled. They were planning to start food again...

I was in Scarborough last month and he did the same there to the Golden Ball facing the harbour, went in Thursday tea time, he rocked up in the evening & pub was closed Friday....

Have had the misfortune to meet him a few times in the Dog, right swarmy scruffy b8stard.... he shouldn’t be allowed to do what he does. All landlords should unite, refuse to work for him & he would have to step down then...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:29 - Oct 7 with 4063 viewsDalenet

He owns the business and I guess he does what he wants. But given that in some areas the pub is now described as a community asset, councils could step in and make him reopen them.

His ban on mobiles is interesting if he still does that. How does he manage the NHS track and trace system as patrons enter the premises? He is a bit two faced - wasn't he caught in the Wetherspoons in Heywood earlier this year having a pint and using his phone? A national newspaper ran the story.

I do hope he hasn't taken any Government money to run Sam Smiths or pay his people during the pandemic. He is hardly giving his business the best chance financially with his behaviour
Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:29 - Oct 7 with 4062 viewsdiver

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:11 - Oct 7 by blackdogblue

Heard the other day, have been in a few times since it reopened, John & Gee were very welcoming & the place was very clean & Covid controlled. They were planning to start food again...

I was in Scarborough last month and he did the same there to the Golden Ball facing the harbour, went in Thursday tea time, he rocked up in the evening & pub was closed Friday....

Have had the misfortune to meet him a few times in the Dog, right swarmy scruffy b8stard.... he shouldn’t be allowed to do what he does. All landlords should unite, refuse to work for him & he would have to step down then...

Matt Hancock and Boris next in firing line!!
Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:33 - Oct 7 with 3893 viewsblackdogblue

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:29 - Oct 7 by Dalenet

He owns the business and I guess he does what he wants. But given that in some areas the pub is now described as a community asset, councils could step in and make him reopen them.

His ban on mobiles is interesting if he still does that. How does he manage the NHS track and trace system as patrons enter the premises? He is a bit two faced - wasn't he caught in the Wetherspoons in Heywood earlier this year having a pint and using his phone? A national newspaper ran the story.

I do hope he hasn't taken any Government money to run Sam Smiths or pay his people during the pandemic. He is hardly giving his business the best chance financially with his behaviour

Phone ban is still in place, can’t play pool or darts, took the fruit machines out & no dogs or kids allowed at the moment...

Place is a hoot 🤨

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:38 - Oct 7 with 3887 viewsJames1980

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:33 - Oct 7 by blackdogblue

Phone ban is still in place, can’t play pool or darts, took the fruit machines out & no dogs or kids allowed at the moment...

Place is a hoot 🤨

Can you play shove ha'penny

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:42 - Oct 7 with 3874 viewsnordenblue

Place is a hoot 🤨

Sounds a laugh a fooking minute in there,where do I pay to join?
Login to get fewer ads

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:45 - Oct 7 with 3863 viewsDaleiLama

Place is a hoot 🤨

And in my book the beer is sh1te too. Only solution is to vote with your feet

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:57 - Oct 7 with 3812 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:45 - Oct 7 by DaleiLama

And in my book the beer is sh1te too. Only solution is to vote with your feet

He did the same thing to a pub called the white horse in spalding, Lincolnshire. Was a great pub and great landlord and landlady, he screwed them and tends to have new management in every 6m or so or if they complain. Met him once and he is a nasty bastard.

Beers is shite but cheap, but was a great pub once.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 19:19 - Oct 7 with 3727 viewsncfc_chalky

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:06 - Oct 7 by smaclad1

https://www.thegentlemansjournal.com/article/humphrey-smith-profile-samuel-pubs-

1. Who in their right mind closes a pub because his usual favorite fondant wasn't on the menu?

2. Who in their right mind would join that nut jobs pension scheme?

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 22:10 - Oct 7 with 3385 viewsTomRAFC

He's an unfathomable egomaniac.

He owns countless nice locations and whilst the beer was never stunning it was at least a decent selection of traditional beer styles at a decent price (before the post lockdown price hike). Their swanky bottles of fruit beer, wheat beer and stouts are very nice but always overpriced to match. I remembering ordering a bottle of the chocolate stout for myself when it was my round before remembering they didn't take card. Try explaining the price of that round to the people with cash on them!

I probably first went in the star when I was 16 and always liked the place. It was a good spot to sit and talk the night away before nipping to Youngs for a portion of crispy beef in garlic and chilli sauce to soak up the beer. Had the joy of doing just that a couple of months back and it was lovely to be able to do so again. It's genuinely sad to see it gone again and I can't imagine how the tenants must be feeling.

The only time I ever saw Humph in person was in the star. It was a blazing hot summer's day and he was enforcing his new policy that the log fires should be burning at all times. Then again this is the man who insisted on closing before midnight on new year's eve.

The phone ban never really mattered in the star as getting phone signal in there was rare to never. Always handy if you wanted a night out without being pestered.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 22:42 - Oct 7 with 3313 viewsfitzochris

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 22:10 - Oct 7 by TomRAFC

He's an unfathomable egomaniac.

He owns countless nice locations and whilst the beer was never stunning it was at least a decent selection of traditional beer styles at a decent price (before the post lockdown price hike). Their swanky bottles of fruit beer, wheat beer and stouts are very nice but always overpriced to match. I remembering ordering a bottle of the chocolate stout for myself when it was my round before remembering they didn't take card. Try explaining the price of that round to the people with cash on them!

I probably first went in the star when I was 16 and always liked the place. It was a good spot to sit and talk the night away before nipping to Youngs for a portion of crispy beef in garlic and chilli sauce to soak up the beer. Had the joy of doing just that a couple of months back and it was lovely to be able to do so again. It's genuinely sad to see it gone again and I can't imagine how the tenants must be feeling.

The only time I ever saw Humph in person was in the star. It was a blazing hot summer's day and he was enforcing his new policy that the log fires should be burning at all times. Then again this is the man who insisted on closing before midnight on new year's eve.

The phone ban never really mattered in the star as getting phone signal in there was rare to never. Always handy if you wanted a night out without being pestered.

I’ve always loved the Star and it was on my pre and post-match crawl right up until it closed first time around.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 00:17 - Oct 8 with 3238 viewsSandyman

It is so weird. Tom nails The Star experience of old.

After two years in mothballs, the place re-opens, after a pandemic lockdown, Covid-19 restrictions in place, customers who have drifted elsewhere and a massive hike in prices for not the best beer you will ever drink.

The pub opens miraculously, and John and Gee are very welcoming, accommodating hosts doing their best in very difficult circumstances and anyone who has used the Star recently would not be able to fault the venue or its management.

Yet, humph the **** turns up one evening expecting miracles to come out of nowhere (he must be a bury fan) and sacks the best thing that has happened to The Star in a while.

His idiocy is legendary. When Kenny had The Royds, Humphrey turned up one night, and went ballistic at Kenny for having all these non Sam Smiths beers on the bar. Kenny pointed out the Royds wasn't a Sam Smiths pub or one he owned. Dumb Humph didn't even know!

Just hope John and Gee are OK because they are good people and that the local community can get The Star back one day.
Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 09:58 - Oct 8 with 2998 viewsmingthemerciless

The bloke must be a complete idiot.

" The Riflemans " and " The Alpine " up where I live are still closed and boarded up and he's even gone to the trouble of having several huge boulders placed across the entrance to the car park at " The Riflemans " to stop anybody using it ! Not that I can imagine anyone would want to with the pub closed. The car park at " The Alpine " is gated and always locked.
Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:58 - Oct 8 with 2665 viewsblackdogblue

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:38 - Oct 7 by James1980

Can you play shove ha'penny

Actually we did on the wood cover over the pool table 😀😂, £1 a go who could get nearest the end without falling off..

It’s not a bad pub, has a reputation but that’s long gone now.

Alternative is a taxi & not keen on the pubs in Norden anymore, wouldn’t be seen dead in Dogdale & barred from the Reform...

Turf is twice the walk, I suppose it’s where your happy, safe, and with a good set of mates

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 18:18 - Oct 8 with 2620 viewsJames1980

Star Inn - Humphrey strikes again on 17:58 - Oct 8 by blackdogblue

Actually we did on the wood cover over the pool table 😀😂, £1 a go who could get nearest the end without falling off..

It’s not a bad pub, has a reputation but that’s long gone now.

Alternative is a taxi & not keen on the pubs in Norden anymore, wouldn’t be seen dead in Dogdale & barred from the Reform...

Turf is twice the walk, I suppose it’s where your happy, safe, and with a good set of mates

Let's hope Humphrey doesn't get wind of such frivolous behaviour, it will be added to the list of proscribed activities.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024