Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park 13:48 - Dec 12 with 1114 viewsdurham_exile

Encouraged by their first away win of the season at Scunny on Tuesday where the Alamo, Rourke’s Drift or the Battle of the Little Big Horn were all conjured up in a 45-minute second half SB takes his charges to Vale Park today.

Yes, it was backs to the wall but unlike at St James’s Park the defence remained resolute and in truth Scunny offered little real goal scoring chances despite their lion’s share of the possession.

The goal when it came saw the brilliant Cohen Bramall deliver an inch perfect cross to Tommy Smith who headed firmly past the Iron keeper.

I do hope that Ben Stevenson is able to return today (getting team news from Colchester is like getting blood from a stone) because the excellent Noah Chilvers has been fighting a midfield battle on his own with inverted wingers and makeshift midfielders no match for the genuine article.

Now John Askey’s Valiants have just won their last two games, a 6-3 away win at Bolton and then a game in the Micky Mouse trophy and they will be confident but then so should the U’s after Grimsby and Scunny victories with the monkey of failing to secure an away win now off our backs.

In February we lost 3-0 at Vale Park with the following team:

Gerken
Jackson Eastman Prosser Bramall
Senior Pell Stevenson Comley
Robinson Nouble

Today only five of that eleven are likely to start. Although Robinson could play for Port Vale.

Now as stated earlier I simply do not know who is fit, suspended or eligible to play and so whilst I truly hope that Ben Stevenson is fit and able to play after a one match ban.

SB is likely to go with the following:
Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Chilvers Gambin (but I hope Stevenson)

Harriott Brown Senior

Norris

Subs:
George Sowunmi Clampin Poku Miranda Tchamadeu Folivi

I have given up requesting that Senior be dropped. SB is not listening . Besides, he likes his inverted wingers!

Harry Pell is injured and is Paris Cowan-Hall also injured?

Josh Bohui is out of favour. The problem is without Stevenson young Chilvers has too much to do in the centre of the park. Tom Lapslie could be recalled but I am not sure whether he is truly fit.

The weather will be dry and 7 degrees Celsius with cloud cover.

The stadium will be empty Port Vale is in tier 3.

I reckon a 2-1 to the U’s in on the cards today. Cohen Bramall is overdue a goal and so is Tom Eastman.

Table:
Newport 16 36
Cheltenham 16 32
FGR 16 29
Carlisle 16 29
Exeter 16 27
COL U 16 27
Cambridge 15 25
Salford 15 25

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Oh what fun it is to see Col U win away!

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:44 - Dec 12 with 464 viewsdurham_exile

I can't believe I'm writing this but Senior is playing positively.

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:47 - Dec 12 with 458 viewsdurham_exile

Dangerous moment then but it went out for a Colchester goal kick.

I don't think we want to settle for a point all three are up for grabs.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:55 - Dec 12 with 444 viewswessex_exile

Solid point, which could have been 3pts on the back of a better second half performance, but a draw a fair result - happy with that.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:55 - Dec 12 with 444 viewsgerry_us

1-1 That'll do. 4 points from 6 away from home was more than expected.
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:58 - Dec 12 with 439 viewsdurham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:47 - Dec 12 by durham_exile

Dangerous moment then but it went out for a Colchester goal kick.

I don't think we want to settle for a point all three are up for grabs.

Up the U's

Sowunmi on for Harriott
FT 1-1

Another point on the road

Durham_exile

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:59 - Dec 12 with 438 viewsMoor_Pinot

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:55 - Dec 12 by wessex_exile

Solid point, which could have been 3pts on the back of a better second half performance, but a draw a fair result - happy with that.

Yep, content with the point as we didn't play particularly well today. Much preferred a 4-4-2 approach but you could see how unfamiliar they are with it. Must keep the unbeaten spell for as long as possible. Teams like Exeter will be out of sight if not.

Moor Pinot

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 07:32 - Dec 13 with 341 viewsGOSBTS

I didn’t watch but from just viewing the highlights sounds like Norris could have been contender for man of the match with a block at one end and a goal at the other?
He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 11:04 - Dec 13 with 313 viewsMoor_Pinot

He who would Valiant be - U's to prevail at Vale Park on 16:59 - Dec 12 by Moor_Pinot

Yep, content with the point as we didn't play particularly well today. Much preferred a 4-4-2 approach but you could see how unfamiliar they are with it. Must keep the unbeaten spell for as long as possible. Teams like Exeter will be out of sight if not.

Just rewatched the goals. Vale's was a beauty though we didn't shut him down - we never do that, but Norris' effort was top quality. Superb first touch and excellent finish. The cart horse no longer, maybe Brown will find his total of goals under threat!

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024