Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
watching live sport 16:01 - Dec 13 with 1996 viewsNigeriamark

I'm overseas at the moment and today went to watch a cricket match, the first live sport I've seen since early February. Actually felt strange at first but it was brilliant just sat outside on a terrace with a beer in hand watching a 45 over a side match. Whenever the first Dale game is open I can guarantee it will feel different and will be memorable after such a long time for anyone who attends. Gutted I won't be there but Hopefully a lot of people on this board will enjoy that first experience after such a long time whatever the result. With a bit of luck it will be the Gillingham game so I'll enjoy seeing you all on I-follow. Can't wait to see fans in the ground
watching live sport on 17:58 - Dec 13 with 1902 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oh Lucky Man!
watching live sport on 21:06 - Dec 13 with 1818 viewsncfc_chalky

No amount of time being in lockdown will persuade me to go.to a cricket match afterwards

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

watching live sport on 21:11 - Dec 13 with 1810 viewsD_Alien

watching live sport on 21:06 - Dec 13 by ncfc_chalky

No amount of time being in lockdown will persuade me to go.to a cricket match afterwards

tbh chalky, "going to a cricket match" is often a bloody good excuse for an extended piss-up in the sunshine

The thwack of willow on leather merely provides a soundtrack

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

watching live sport on 21:38 - Dec 13 with 1768 viewsblackdogblue

watching live sport on 21:11 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

tbh chalky, "going to a cricket match" is often a bloody good excuse for an extended piss-up in the sunshine

The thwack of willow on leather merely provides a soundtrack

First went to Old Trafford on a school trip many years ago now.. had a really good day, sun cracked the flags & we sneaked a couple of beers in..

Not been since though tbh but would rather watch cricket than rugby if I had to choose

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

watching live sport on 21:58 - Dec 13 with 1749 viewsD_Alien

watching live sport on 21:38 - Dec 13 by blackdogblue

First went to Old Trafford on a school trip many years ago now.. had a really good day, sun cracked the flags & we sneaked a couple of beers in..

Not been since though tbh but would rather watch cricket than rugby if I had to choose

There's also usually a fair number of 'distractions' in the crowd on sunny days!

watching live sport on 22:02 - Dec 13 with 1740 viewsisitme

watching live sport on 21:38 - Dec 13 by blackdogblue

Headingley is a good day out as well. Good weather makes it all the better.
watching live sport on 07:27 - Dec 14 with 1642 viewsdownunder

watching live sport on 21:58 - Dec 13 by D_Alien

There's also usually a fair number of 'distractions' in the crowd on sunny days!

Like the cricket...if you know the game.
watching live sport on 07:35 - Dec 14 with 1637 viewsdownunder

OK, we have been lucky in NZ, and apart from the March full lockdown and a more recent mini lockdown, we have not had any issues. However, I did lose my job through Covid, and have not been to see much live, happy to watch on TV. That changes this weekend,with a trip to Auckland, and hopefully a first...watching the Americas cup. To be honest, I don't think it will be much of a spectator sport, but if others can provide BBQ and viewing point, and everyone contributes drinks, it could be a very enjoyable day.
Login to get fewer ads

watching live sport on 08:31 - Dec 14 with 1602 viewsD_Alien

watching live sport on 07:27 - Dec 14 by downunder

Like the cricket...if you know the game.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/251572/cricket-tour-v-sa/#

watching live sport on 12:10 - Dec 14 with 1535 viewsncfc_chalky

Do cricketer's take the knee before a game?

Serious question

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

watching live sport on 13:08 - Dec 14 with 1515 viewsAtThePeake

watching live sport on 12:10 - Dec 14 by ncfc_chalky

Do cricketer's take the knee before a game?

Serious question

England did ahead of the WI tests in July but stopped doing so for the Pakistan tests the following month.

Tangled up in blue.

watching live sport on 19:10 - Dec 14 with 1376 viewsdownunder

watching live sport on 13:08 - Dec 14 by AtThePeake

England did ahead of the WI tests in July but stopped doing so for the Pakistan tests the following month.

NZ did with the West Indies. The Kiwis have not let the Windies get back up so far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024