Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heading in football 17:58 - Dec 24 with 543 viewsmfb_cufc

Former Spurs and Hull player Ryan Mason is saying heading in football might not exist in 10-15 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55433140

I know there is a lot of evidence to suggest heading a football causes dementia, but surely heading a ball can not be taken out of the game. Great headed goals, and certain looking goals stopped by someone's head are what we love about the game, and it wouldn't be the same if that was taken away.

Where would that leave us In other contact sports if heading a ball was banned in football? For example in rugby rucks and scrums would have to be banned, and boxing would be banned completely.

mfb

Heading in football on 18:57 - Dec 24 with 527 viewswessex_exile

Like you, I can't see it happening to be hones, but then again the solved free-kick encroachment overnight with the spray paint. I'm not doubting the evidence regarding dementia, but surely some of those cases are now coming to light from players in the 60s and 70s, when the ball was a sodden lump of leather with laces, rather than the lightweight super-aerodynamic balls we play with these days?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Heading in football on 19:02 - Dec 24 with 522 viewsgerry_us

I'm thinking of suing my old primary school teacher for introducing me to football at nine. Sixty five years later I'm looking at the possibility of needing a new hip in the near future.

Yeah, I know; that just about as stupid as everything else being reported. Boxers suing Boxing Board of Control, rugby/football players suing everybody... Guys.. nobody made us do it...."it was a life choice". You could have stayed at home sitting on the sofa 24/7 and you would probably died of boredom much earlier.
Heading in football on 23:14 - Dec 24 with 498 viewsLeadbelly

Avoiding all risk of injury and doing nothing at all in life doesn’t make you live longer...it just feels like it.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024