Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheltenham 15:27 - Dec 29 with 2056 viewsgerry_us

Just hope we are at the races tonight.
Cheltenham on 18:39 - Dec 30 with 545 viewswessex_exile

Cheltenham on 16:23 - Dec 30 by durham_exile

Off the hoof.
Ball out.

The only reason that Jevani Brown has gone off the boil is that Ball persists in one striker only. Brown has received no support in recent games and was ignored yesterday.

Senior must be dropped, he contributed nothing.

I have never felt so disappointed as a U's fan in 50 years because I see us failing in a league which is weaker than it has been for years.

Ball has no tactical nous. What is his assistant allowed to do and what input does he have in team affairs

We are advancing backwards.

Very sad indeed.
Ball out

Up the U's

But here's the thing, our tactical approach hasn't really changed all season, and Jevani has been scoring well enough in earlier matches. Both his hat-tricks came without Norris up alongside him, so if it was working then but not now, what's changed? It could be argued that opponents have 'found us out' and realised we struggle against teams that employ a high press, and in that regard I agree that Ball needs to have a much better-formed Plan B to adapt. However, opting for two up front runs the risk of us being overrun in midfield, as we saw when Norris came off the bench to play alongside Brown at Exeter.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Cheltenham on 19:32 - Dec 30 with 523 viewsnoah4x4

I agree with Wessex.

My perspective is we are badly missing a physical presence, not helped by the absence of Pell. Norris might be a tad slow, but at least he can muscle and hold the ball up.

Brown, Folivi, Bohui, Senior, Poku and Harriott are skilful, but are insufficiently robust, and unlike (say) a Jack Grealish too frequently lose the ball without buying a free kick. Shielding the ball and awaiting the tackle or runners is far move effective than trying showboating tricks, losing control and repeatedly putting our defence in trouble. Always trying to beat opposition defenders by simply running at them is too easily defended. It is our running off the ball that is particularly poor.

This is where Ball is failing as a coach. He is like a circus ringmaster trying to organise headless chickens rather than thoroughbred stallions. Sorry to nag, but I had to end in the spirit of the thread.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2020 19:33]
Cheltenham on 19:49 - Dec 30 with 518 viewsgerry_us

You are so right Noah.
So many hurdles to cross.
Cheltenham on 15:34 - Dec 31 with 457 viewsburnsieespana

Cheltenham on 17:42 - Dec 30 by gerry_us

You must all "harness" your concerns.
Roll on 2021.🐴🐴

Let us hope the last month will not handicap us during the run in!
Cheltenham on 17:21 - Dec 31 with 441 viewsgerry_us

I'm afraid it all comes down to being saddled with a Manager who has no idea how to manage grown ups.
Without a major change we will soon be at the back of the field.
Cheltenham on 17:34 - Dec 31 with 438 viewsLeadbelly

Cheltenham on 17:21 - Dec 31 by gerry_us

I'm afraid it all comes down to being saddled with a Manager who has no idea how to manage grown ups.
Without a major change we will soon be at the back of the field.

Let’s hope we aren’t an also ran come the end of the season

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Cheltenham on 18:10 - Dec 31 with 430 viewsgerry_us

Cheltenham on 17:34 - Dec 31 by Leadbelly

Let’s hope we aren’t an also ran come the end of the season

We are actually playing like non starters at the moment
Let's just hope Tranmere underestimate us.
Cheltenham on 22:12 - Dec 31 with 409 viewsmfb_cufc

Keeping the tone of this thread going, and matching it with a board member, there is a horse called Thrill Seeker running in the 12.05 at Southwell tomorrow, and it has got a good chance of winning.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Cheltenham on 22:28 - Dec 31 with 407 viewsgerry_us

Cheltenham on 22:12 - Dec 31 by mfb_cufc

Keeping the tone of this thread going, and matching it with a board member, there is a horse called Thrill Seeker running in the 12.05 at Southwell tomorrow, and it has got a good chance of winning.

A banker.....
Not Thrillo...the bet!
Love the name of the race though:- "Bombardier British Hopped Amber Beer Handicap", that's longer than the race will take!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 22:48]
Cheltenham on 22:47 - Dec 31 with 399 viewsnoah4x4

“Trill Seekers sought a humanoid species native to the Planet Trill. As late as 2336 the fact that some exist as a joined symbiotic species was not even known to Federation Scientists”.

Source: Star Trek Discovery.....

....and theres me thinking Trill seekers were Irish budgie keepers.

Thank God 2020 is over.
Cheltenham on 22:51 - Dec 31 with 396 viewsthrillseeker

Cheltenham on 22:12 - Dec 31 by mfb_cufc

I'm not a big gambler but will have a punt on this horse
Cheltenham on 23:41 - Dec 31 with 391 viewsmfb_cufc

Cheltenham on 22:51 - Dec 31 by thrillseeker

I'm not a big gambler but will have a punt on this horse

I shall be backing myself, so good luck. Southwell is bit of a unique track, and the horse has never run there before, but if it takes to the surface, it has got a good chance of winning.

mfb

Cheltenham on 12:03 - Jan 1 with 360 viewsgerry_us

Cheltenham on 23:41 - Dec 31 by mfb_cufc

I shall be backing myself, so good luck. Southwell is bit of a unique track, and the horse has never run there before, but if it takes to the surface, it has got a good chance of winning.

You'll not make enough to retire on...probably start as favourite.
Cheltenham on 12:34 - Jan 1 with 355 viewsthrillseeker

Oh dear Thrill Seeker came in 2nd

Thankfully not being a huge gambler means not a huge sum lost.

Probably be 2022 before next gamble. Last one was 2018. Not exactly prolific
Cheltenham on 13:13 - Jan 1 with 350 viewsmfb_cufc

Cheltenham on 12:03 - Jan 1 by gerry_us

You'll not make enough to retire on...probably start as favourite.

I am already retired Gerry, but I know what you mean. Actually started at a decent 16/5, and thrashed the favourite, but got thrashed itself into second.

mfb

Cheltenham on 13:17 - Jan 1 with 350 viewsgerry_us

Cheltenham on 12:34 - Jan 1 by thrillseeker

Oh dear Thrill Seeker came in 2nd

Thankfully not being a huge gambler means not a huge sum lost.

Probably be 2022 before next gamble. Last one was 2018. Not exactly prolific

Second ay! Is that an omen for the Happy League. All to play for Thrillo.
Bet you will be tempted for a flutter next time out for Thrill Seeker. Looks to be a good 'un.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024