Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Come backs 17:07 - Jan 9 with 4896 viewsDorsetDale

There will be more but as well as today can only think of Dale coming back from 3 nil to score 3 in the second half twice.

Pretty sure it happened in the same season; Morecambe in the league and Luton in the FA Cup (lost at home in replay 1:0)

At least that's how I remember those games.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Come backs on 17:09 - Jan 9 with 3637 views442Dale

Torquay in 1986. Three in the last 14 minutes. Vic Halom was sacked on the Monday morning.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Come backs on 17:11 - Jan 9 with 3620 viewsDorsetDale

Come backs on 17:09 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

Torquay in 1986. Three in the last 14 minutes. Vic Halom was sacked on the Monday morning.

Indeed, just as TVOS posted on t'other thread as I was typing.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Come backs on 17:14 - Jan 9 with 3592 views442Dale

Come backs on 17:11 - Jan 9 by DorsetDale

Indeed, just as TVOS posted on t'other thread as I was typing.

Ah yes, spotted that now.

Fans had gathered at the tunnel that day in significant numbers only for the goals to fly in and everyone all being a bit unsure how to react. Much like now, but in our living rooms.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Come backs on 17:22 - Jan 9 with 3563 viewsfinberty

Come backs on 17:14 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

Ah yes, spotted that now.

Fans had gathered at the tunnel that day in significant numbers only for the goals to fly in and everyone all being a bit unsure how to react. Much like now, but in our living rooms.

Who were the Dale scorers? I've got it in my head John Bramhall got a couple from centre-back, but the details are getting hazy, what with all the excitement we've had since.
Come backs on 18:39 - Jan 9 with 3429 viewsTVOS1907

Come backs on 17:22 - Jan 9 by finberty

Who were the Dale scorers? I've got it in my head John Bramhall got a couple from centre-back, but the details are getting hazy, what with all the excitement we've had since.

It was either Bramhall 2 and Dave Grant 1 or the other way round.

Not got my books to hand to check.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Come backs on 18:52 - Jan 9 with 3386 viewsrich_dale

Come backs on 18:39 - Jan 9 by TVOS1907

It was either Bramhall 2 and Dave Grant 1 or the other way round.

Not got my books to hand to check.

Grant got the first, then Bramhall the next two. Equaliser was in the last minute. Not always got the best memory but it was my second ever game.
Come backs on 18:55 - Jan 9 with 3377 viewsTVOS1907

Come backs on 18:52 - Jan 9 by rich_dale

Grant got the first, then Bramhall the next two. Equaliser was in the last minute. Not always got the best memory but it was my second ever game.

I've got the report at home. Will root it out tomorrow.

Come backs on 19:35 - Jan 9 with 3291 viewspioneer

Come backs on 18:55 - Jan 9 by TVOS1907

Got a vague recollection that we might have comeback to draw 3-3 after going down 3-0 to brighton at home in 1971, but I might be wrong. I do remember hughie riley got all three goals. It was the saturday after the third round cup win over coventry.
Login to get fewer ads

Come backs on 19:51 - Jan 9 with 3247 viewsfinberty

Come backs on 18:55 - Jan 9 by TVOS1907

Always liked Grant, and thought he was harshly released straight after the Great Escape.

He was a rock-hard, scything left back, who did well as an emergency centre-back as well. He could be out-paced, possibly held back by the wind resistance of his mullet, but any winger taking him on was guaranteed to feel some contact.
Come backs on 20:04 - Jan 9 with 3208 viewsD_Alien

Come backs on 19:35 - Jan 9 by pioneer

Got a vague recollection that we might have comeback to draw 3-3 after going down 3-0 to brighton at home in 1971, but I might be wrong. I do remember hughie riley got all three goals. It was the saturday after the third round cup win over coventry.

No, don't think that's how it panned out

Riley hat-trick yes, but seem to recall the goals being interspersed between the teams

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Come backs on 20:14 - Jan 9 with 3184 viewspioneer

Come backs on 20:04 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

No, don't think that's how it panned out

Riley hat-trick yes, but seem to recall the goals being interspersed between the teams

You may be right...I dont have access to my records at the moment but will check once I do. Very next game was another 3-3 draw with colchester in the cup, followed by that 5-0 disaster in the replay. 11 goals conceded in 3 games....immediately after holding first division coventry to 1. our problems at the back arent new then!
Come backs on 20:22 - Jan 9 with 3152 viewsD_Alien

Come backs on 20:14 - Jan 9 by pioneer

You may be right...I dont have access to my records at the moment but will check once I do. Very next game was another 3-3 draw with colchester in the cup, followed by that 5-0 disaster in the replay. 11 goals conceded in 3 games....immediately after holding first division coventry to 1. our problems at the back arent new then!

With matches not being reported on to anythlng like the same extent back in 1971, that 5-0 scoreline at Colchester (a league below us) was the first time i felt shock at a Dale result when it came through on the radio sports roundup. Of course, they went on to beat the mighty (at the time) Leeds Utd

Talking of comebacks, Colchester should never have been allowed to come back after Dale had a perfectly good goal disallowed at 3-1, and coasting in the home game
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 20:23]

Come backs on 20:39 - Jan 9 with 3094 viewsdalefertcup2

Come backs on 20:22 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

With matches not being reported on to anythlng like the same extent back in 1971, that 5-0 scoreline at Colchester (a league below us) was the first time i felt shock at a Dale result when it came through on the radio sports roundup. Of course, they went on to beat the mighty (at the time) Leeds Utd

Talking of comebacks, Colchester should never have been allowed to come back after Dale had a perfectly good goal disallowed at 3-1, and coasting in the home game
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 20:23]

...and Colchester had a penalty saved (brilliantly by Dave Tennent)
Come backs on 20:42 - Jan 9 with 3082 viewsfitzochris

Come backs on 20:39 - Jan 9 by dalefertcup2

(Dr) who?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Come backs on 20:42 - Jan 9 with 3079 viewsHuddersdale1

In the disastrous 73/74 season when we won only 2 league games I'm fairly sure we came back from 0-3 down to draw 3-3 against Bournemouth, with Keith Hanvey getting a late equaliser.

My memory could be playing tricks however.
Come backs on 20:48 - Jan 9 with 3063 viewsD_Alien

Come backs on 20:42 - Jan 9 by Huddersdale1

In the disastrous 73/74 season when we won only 2 league games I'm fairly sure we came back from 0-3 down to draw 3-3 against Bournemouth, with Keith Hanvey getting a late equaliser.

My memory could be playing tricks however.

That was an evening game, and again i think the goals were interspersed but seem to recall the late equaliser, at the Pearl St end

Come backs on 20:52 - Jan 9 with 3049 viewspioneer

Come backs on 20:39 - Jan 9 by dalefertcup2

yes but he was at fault for the two late colchester goals and dropped forthe replay...his confidence was shot and he never got back to be first choice.
Come backs on 21:12 - Jan 10 with 2842 viewsYouTubeDale

I was talking to a "socially distanced" Burnley fan last Tuesday, referring to Dale Stephens who now plays for them. So I gave him my Dale Stephens story...3 -0 down at half time in Morecambe we all started to sing "four, three we're gonna win four three" such was the massive belief in our No Fear footballing approach at the time. And we meant it. Not unlike Crewe yesterday we were awesome as a counter-attacking team. Yes, Dale Stephens, on loan from Oldham equalised and we very nearly won the game 3-4.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Come backs on 21:23 - Jan 10 with 2818 viewsTVOS1907

Come backs on 18:52 - Jan 9 by rich_dale

Grant 76
Bramhall 83, 89

Come backs on 21:25 - Jan 10 with 2815 viewsTVOS1907

Come backs on 19:35 - Jan 9 by pioneer

4 mins Dale 0 Brighton 1 (Howard Wilkinson)
6 mins Dale 1 Brighton 1 (Hughen Riley)
21 mins Dale 1 Brighton 2 (Allan Gilliver)
23 mins Dale 2 Brighton 2 (Hughen Riley)
40 mins Dale 2 Brighton 3 (Allan Gilliver)
80 mins Dale 3 Brighton 3 (Hughen Riley)

Come backs on 21:30 - Jan 10 with 2806 viewsTVOS1907

Come backs on 20:48 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

That was an evening game, and again i think the goals were interspersed but seem to recall the late equaliser, at the Pearl St end

Monday 17th September 1973

I've got a poor copy of the match report, but I'm sure I can read "Micky Cave made it three in 27 minutes". Mel Machin and Phil Boyer had scored the other two.

Skeete, Kinsella and Hanvey scored for Dale after the interval.

Come backs on 21:32 - Jan 10 with 2804 viewsTVOS1907

Come backs on 21:12 - Jan 10 by YouTubeDale

I was talking to a "socially distanced" Burnley fan last Tuesday, referring to Dale Stephens who now plays for them. So I gave him my Dale Stephens story...3 -0 down at half time in Morecambe we all started to sing "four, three we're gonna win four three" such was the massive belief in our No Fear footballing approach at the time. And we meant it. Not unlike Crewe yesterday we were awesome as a counter-attacking team. Yes, Dale Stephens, on loan from Oldham equalised and we very nearly won the game 3-4.

Come backs on 21:46 - Jan 10 with 2779 viewsYouTubeDale

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Come backs on 11:31 - Jan 11 with 2611 viewspioneer

Come backs on 21:25 - Jan 10 by TVOS1907

me bad memory....must have been coming back three times that made the game stick in the memory.
Come backs on 11:43 - Jan 11 with 2596 viewsmingthemerciless

Come backs on 21:25 - Jan 10 by TVOS1907

I was playing for TBA then and we'd have a quick shower after our game and drive over to Spotland in somebodies car. Our game was a 2-15 KO of course. When they opened the gates we'd get the last 10 minutes or so. I just got on in time to see Riley get his hat trick goal. It was at the Church Inn end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024