Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Gambin 14:46 - Jan 20 with 926 viewsmfb_cufc

Gone out on loan to Newport. Looks like he wont be offered a new contract. A player who I think we never got the best out of. Possibly because he wasn't played in his best position.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/january/gambin-loan/

mfb

Luke Gambin on 15:05 - Jan 20 with 907 viewsLeadbelly

Interesting...can’t get a regular gig for us but wanted by a team pushing for automatic promotion.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Luke Gambin on 15:22 - Jan 20 with 884 viewsthrillseeker

Luke Gambin on 15:05 - Jan 20 by Leadbelly

Interesting...can’t get a regular gig for us but wanted by a team pushing for automatic promotion.

Strange move by Newport

Gambin has never impressed me when I've seen him play but I do wonder whether he has ever been played in his preferred position whatever that may be
Luke Gambin on 15:39 - Jan 20 with 878 viewsFruitbat

50 games, 2 goals and 0 assists isn't a great return and I don't have any particular problem with moving him on. Interesting that he's going to a wide who are obviously promotion chasers though, presumably back-up rather than starter.
Luke Gambin on 16:32 - Jan 20 with 848 viewsbwildered

Like his previous club became a bit part player. Hoped he would get a more permanent run in the side never materialised. Better going forward than defending but feel the U’s never got the best out of him.
Now loaned to promotion contenders Newport County, can he play has a loanee against the U’s in the home fixture against in March or is a agreement present for his non availability in the fixture ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Luke Gambin on 16:49 - Jan 20 with 835 viewsdurham_exile

I have no words.

Gambin was always played out of position.
When was the last time he actually managed a shot on goal.

The disappointment is that the player who should go on loan is Courtney Senior and once again the management have it all wrong.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Luke Gambin on 18:01 - Jan 20 with 811 viewsburnsieespana

I always felt playing for Malta disrupted things because each time he was on international duty he seemed to be on scrub in the team and when he came back he took time getting back into the swing of things and by time he did others had taken his place.
I suspect we might see several other departures.
Luke Gambin on 22:33 - Jan 22 with 689 viewsGOSBTS

Like others have mentioned, I'm disappointed to see him go. Always felt he was played out of position and he had more to give. Seemed to have excellent balance and his goal against Crawley in the cup last season was a glimpse of what could have been!
Luke Gambin on 15:45 - Jan 23 with 666 viewsmfb_cufc

Gambin a goal and an assist for Newport.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Gambin on 15:48 - Jan 23 with 659 viewsMoor_Pinot

Luke Gambin on 15:45 - Jan 23 by mfb_cufc

Gambin a goal and an assist for Newport.

But you're not surprised are you Mick?
As usual a manager with more experience and perception knowing how and where to deploy a resource - the U's biggest failing these last six or seven years. In other words 'waste'.
Pity.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024