Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? 13:45 - Jan 28 with 5272 viewsToffeemanc

Not a beer drinker myself but know a few on here are really into it and thought this may be of interest to some?

Aldi are apparently helping out (robbing blind probably) some of the breweries affected by the Covid lockdowns.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/foodnews/aldi-is-selling-off-pub-stock-to

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 15:53 - Jan 31 with 1445 viewsD_Alien

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 15:51 - Jan 31 by ncfc_chalky

When Notts are back in the league and playing Dale again I may well give it a try as I usually spend a full day out on away trips.... The cheese board I will leave though as cheese is the one food that makes me boff up (literally), honestly I would sooner order the tripe
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:54]

I warned you it was "to die for"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 16:05 - Jan 31 with 1417 viewsDorsetDale

During the first lockdown when we had the wonderful weather most of my afternoons were spent sat in the sun supping bottled beers. At the same time I took up a new hobby - collecting beer/lager bottle tops - with the intention of maybe making some kind of montage, although they currently sit in an ex takeaway tray!
If any of you fancy holding on to any less common -not found in Morrisons etc. - we could possibly come to some arrangement to send to me when you've enough to chuck in a jiffy bag or summat.
T'would be appreciated.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 16:21 - Jan 31 with 1399 viewsDaleiLama

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 13:45 - Jan 31 by ncfc_chalky

I can't see them on their site but then again these are strange times

I spotted Proper Job (for some reason I thought that it was called Hand Job ) whilst being dragged around shopping earlier and picked up some random others, thoughts?

Banana Bread

Ghost Ship

Shipyard IPA

Estrella Damm

Greene King IPA Reserve

I've already splashed out on a mixed case of beer from Frome Brewery (being delivered)

Proper Job (Cornish expression) is an old fashioned IPA style with some hoppiness but not too light coloured with underlying maltyness. If you ever see Big Job, get some. Its a supercharged version of Proper at 7.2%.

I agree with a later post on Green King beers. Abbot used to be one of the greats. They all tast of bland dishwater now and are as fresh as a footballers socks left in a kit bag for a week after a match.

If you like mixed cases (one for you too MikeHunt) you might care to check out Flavourly. I got an "IPA advent calendar" for my birthday at the beginning of December. It's a box with 24 panels and a can under each. Not normally a fan of cans but some of these are naturally conditioned and almost all I've tasted so far have been great. The last one I had last night after a Spitfiee was Black Isle Spider Monkey IPA. Wonderful drop. Not cheap, but great way to sample loads of different beers if you like the IPA style.

PS had banana bread, estrella and ghost ship and bond floated my boat, but one man's meat is another's poison

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 16:45 - Jan 31 with 1378 viewsncfc_chalky

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 16:21 - Jan 31 by DaleiLama

Proper Job (Cornish expression) is an old fashioned IPA style with some hoppiness but not too light coloured with underlying maltyness. If you ever see Big Job, get some. Its a supercharged version of Proper at 7.2%.

I agree with a later post on Green King beers. Abbot used to be one of the greats. They all tast of bland dishwater now and are as fresh as a footballers socks left in a kit bag for a week after a match.

If you like mixed cases (one for you too MikeHunt) you might care to check out Flavourly. I got an "IPA advent calendar" for my birthday at the beginning of December. It's a box with 24 panels and a can under each. Not normally a fan of cans but some of these are naturally conditioned and almost all I've tasted so far have been great. The last one I had last night after a Spitfiee was Black Isle Spider Monkey IPA. Wonderful drop. Not cheap, but great way to sample loads of different beers if you like the IPA style.

PS had banana bread, estrella and ghost ship and bond floated my boat, but one man's meat is another's poison

I've just been on Flavourlys site and it looks very interesting and infact I'm spoilt for choice for mixed cases,although the initial lay out might seem slightly expensive it only works out at £1.50 - £2.00 a drink,good shout DL 😎

I will order some in the near future after my other online beers arrive

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 16:46 - Jan 31 with 1378 viewsDaleiLama

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 15:42 - Jan 31 by D_Alien

If you're ever in Manchester chalky, the Marble Arch pub is a short walk from the centre, heading back towards Rochdale

It's one of my favourite pubs in the region, and of course the ales are on top note. They also do some simple but decent grub (that's food, we don't eat insects just yet) including a mixed cheese board to die for

https://marblebeers.com/our-pubs/the-marble-arch-inn/

[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 15:51]

Never eaten in there but DA's summary is spot on - great beers and in "normal times" up to a choice of a dozen on handpump. Also worthy of mention is the gorgeous tiled vaulted ceiling interior which is listed - one of Manchester's many exceptional venues and easily in the top 5 for me.

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 17:03 - Jan 31 with 1364 viewsDaleiLama

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 16:45 - Jan 31 by ncfc_chalky

I've just been on Flavourlys site and it looks very interesting and infact I'm spoilt for choice for mixed cases,although the initial lay out might seem slightly expensive it only works out at £1.50 - £2.00 a drink,good shout DL 😎

I will order some in the near future after my other online beers arrive

As you're not a bad lad for a southerner, type in this discount code at the checkout 10SOLDOUT - you should get 5% off - hope it's still valid and works. Enjoy your supping.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 17:11]

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 20:24 - Jan 31 with 1306 viewsncfc_chalky

I finished the Banana Beer about four hours ago but I can still taste the bleeder even now,I've never burped so much in my life

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 20:43 - Jan 31 with 1297 viewsD_Alien

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 20:24 - Jan 31 by ncfc_chalky

I finished the Banana Beer about four hours ago but I can still taste the bleeder even now,I've never burped so much in my life

Try eating some cheese, that'll sort it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 22:17 - Jan 31 with 1242 viewsAtThePeake

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 16:46 - Jan 31 by DaleiLama

Never eaten in there but DA's summary is spot on - great beers and in "normal times" up to a choice of a dozen on handpump. Also worthy of mention is the gorgeous tiled vaulted ceiling interior which is listed - one of Manchester's many exceptional venues and easily in the top 5 for me.

Used to live a stone's throw from the Marble Arch and wiled away a good few afternoons in there. The sloped floor up to the door can become a challenge if you spend too long in there though!

Tangled up in blue.

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 12:37 - Feb 1 with 1160 viewsncfc_chalky

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 17:03 - Jan 31 by DaleiLama

As you're not a bad lad for a southerner, type in this discount code at the checkout 10SOLDOUT - you should get 5% off - hope it's still valid and works. Enjoy your supping.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2021 17:11]

Thanks for heads up on this DL,as a novice it's just the kind of thing that I was looking for,I've decided just to try my luck on the mystery mixed case and just see what's what,the promo code worked fine thanks plus I got another for 10% on my next purchase for being a new customer,free p+p to boot 😎

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 14:11 - Feb 1 with 1138 viewsDaleiLama

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 12:37 - Feb 1 by ncfc_chalky

Thanks for heads up on this DL,as a novice it's just the kind of thing that I was looking for,I've decided just to try my luck on the mystery mixed case and just see what's what,the promo code worked fine thanks plus I got another for 10% on my next purchase for being a new customer,free p+p to boot 😎

Glad to be of assistance. This MB is a good resource for all sorts of stuff and long may it continue

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 15:58 - Feb 6 with 1005 viewsDaleiLama

Was going to post a link recommending the Aldi German Pilsner @ 99p/500l but will instead post this as a dore warning to avoid at all costs. Check out the reviews.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/premium-pilsner/p/067545016540300#product-reviews

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 14:31 - Feb 7 with 933 viewsncfc_chalky

I decided to try out some of the beers that got when I bought the Flavourly Mystery Box as it stated that some may be heading out of date but I could only find 3 cans that expired by the end of February the rest had around four months on them,for £40 I got 32 various beers with no say on what i got but that didn't bother me as I wouldn't know any difference between them anyhow
Now I've got to say that I've always thought IPA as an old mans drink so I sorted those out first and I would go from worst to what I thought would be the best but what can I say,I think that I've been converted,some of those IPA's was bloody gorgeous and there was one who's name escapes me was 7% abv and described as a double IPA was top notch with American IPA's now I've found that I enjoy
The postage was free and factored into the price I suppose and got an email straight away telling which day it would be delivered (two days later) and on the day I got another email stating in which hour,very impressed I've got to say and I'm going to invest in another box,cheers DL

One for the BEER enthusiasts on here? on 23:37 - Feb 7 with 869 viewsSandyman

One for the locals - https://shop.seriousbrewing.co.uk/ at Fieldhouse Mill do some marvellous brews in bottle and bag in box. Free local delivery, or pick up. Goldrush and Viridian well worth a taste.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024