Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! 17:16 - Jan 29 with 2256 viewsdurham_exile

Like many of you I receive a weekly newsletter from our club.

Never mind the content this week, the photograph of SB is shocking, he cuts a forlorn figure and said photo hardly inspires confidence or any suggestion that you would follow him over the top from the trenches or anywhere else for that matter. Come on sort it out!

After the dire result at Stevenage on Tuesday night we simply have to gain three points against a resurgent Scunny team tonight at the JSCS.

The table, bottom half looks bleak:

COLU 24 31
Oldham 25 31
PV 26 29
Scunny 25 29
Bradford 23 28
Bolton 24 28
Harrogate 24 27
Barrow 23 23
Stevenage 23 22
Grimsby 25 21
Southend 25 20

Even more good news (written with heavy irony): after Reading from the Championship appear to have lost interest in signing Cohen Bramall I read today that Lincoln City are sniffing around. Now I know that Cohen is out of contract at the end of the season, but are we seriously looking to lose one of our better players for a song to a League One outfit when frankly we do not need to sell him. What would they pay, no more than £50K I suspect, they should be told to foxtrot oscar.

I think even the most optimistic supporter (and I would like to consider myself to be one of the glass half full brigade) must be thinking that the promotion dream is virtually over for yet another season. Unless we can start to turn results around.

Salford and Orient Away are our next two fixtures and given the shocking performances away from home we need the three points tonight to bolster our position and to offer some hope to the faithful.

Can SB be persuaded to start with two strikers, playing Jevani Brown as the lone attacker is destroying him and it is little wonder that the goals have dried up.

No messing about tonight, play 4,4,2 and go for it from the start:

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Bramall

Poku Chilvers Stevenson Harriott

Brown Oteh

Subs:

George Sowunmi Marshall-Miranda Folivi Bohui Tovide Senior

Over the half way point now and if we are to creep into the top seven, we would need 73 points making it another 42 points required from 22 games — a salutary reminder of just how far we have fallen over the last 9 games.

Enough of this, the weather tonight is mild, 8 degrees Celsius and cloudy. For once no rain. Hopefully, the pitch will be better than the last home match against Cambridge.

If SB is positive and plays two strikers, then I reckon we can prevail 3-0. Anything else and I fear for the result.

We signed Aramide Oteh, get him on from the start and play him alongside Jevani Brown.

Try and enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 29 Jan 2021 17:51]

Durham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 21:54 - Jan 31 with 347 viewsdurham_exile

Any old Iron tonight and three valuable points is a must! on 19:19 - Jan 31 by gerry_us

Thanks BW. Nine minutes?
Too much excitement for me!

Gerry having watched 95 minutes I have no interest in watching the so called highlights.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024