Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s time 20:57 - Mar 2 with 7219 viewsoddjob007

No spark or creativity on the pitch or sidelines (Humphrys tries... too hard)

Baah looks like a completely different player in just a few months - very ordinary.

Key players missing but we persist with this style of football that just doesn’t work for this set of players. There is no plan B. We’ve got 8/9 very defence minded players who started this game and these tactics don’t work.

We haven’t scored a goal or won a game for god knows how long.

The players look dejected and just going through the motions.

We aren’t out of it yet, but if we are serious about staying in this division we need to make a change now, a big personality, lift the players and simplify the football. Squeeze out a few 1-0s and stay up.

I really hate to say it, because he really is a lovely bloke and he’s trying to do things the right way... but it’s not working and he can’t see it.... BBM out.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 20:58]
It’s time on 13:32 - Mar 4 with 1735 viewsnordenblue

It’s time on 13:05 - Mar 4 by James1980

Can't disagree with any of that not that I would want to of course. Perhaps I've wrongly got the impression that a the consensus of opinion is a change of manager will be the answer to all our footballing prayers.

Anyway I have found the solution its the Metodo 2 3 2 3 formation not sure who plays the inside forward roles though.
Baah Humps Newby
Possibly Done Morley
LBfill in O'Connell Mclaughlin
Any 2 from the remaining CBs.

I reckon that could work you know.

You could play any weird and wonderful formation you like, but if the players are still being instructed to piss about with this possession shite and pass sideways,backwards rather than basic attacking and defendingwhen required, it will have no bearing on the results one bit James.

It's all very noble and loyal trying to defend the manager and I'm not one for chopping and changing but at the minute with his current ridiculous "philosophy" being the root cause, it's staring you right in the face where things need altering......
It’s time on 13:35 - Mar 4 with 1730 viewsNafelad

It’s time on 13:05 - Mar 4 by James1980

Can't disagree with any of that not that I would want to of course. Perhaps I've wrongly got the impression that a the consensus of opinion is a change of manager will be the answer to all our footballing prayers.

Anyway I have found the solution its the Metodo 2 3 2 3 formation not sure who plays the inside forward roles though.
Baah Humps Newby
Possibly Done Morley
LBfill in O'Connell Mclaughlin
Any 2 from the remaining CBs.

I reckon that could work you know.

Based on performances this season, I don't think Newby or Morley are good enough to be in your 'best 11' - and I'm not so sure that Baah is, either, considering how he's played since the transfer window closed.

Topcat

It’s time on 13:46 - Mar 4 with 1696 viewsJames1980

It’s time on 13:35 - Mar 4 by Nafelad

Based on performances this season, I don't think Newby or Morley are good enough to be in your 'best 11' - and I'm not so sure that Baah is, either, considering how he's played since the transfer window closed.

I was going with what we have available. It has been suggested Morley could be better further the pitch. Perhaps Done in the left winger position instead of Baah not sure who to replace Newby with from the players who are fit.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

It’s time on 14:13 - Mar 4 with 1631 viewsJames1980

It’s time on 13:32 - Mar 4 by nordenblue

You could play any weird and wonderful formation you like, but if the players are still being instructed to piss about with this possession shite and pass sideways,backwards rather than basic attacking and defendingwhen required, it will have no bearing on the results one bit James.

It's all very noble and loyal trying to defend the manager and I'm not one for chopping and changing but at the minute with his current ridiculous "philosophy" being the root cause, it's staring you right in the face where things need altering......

I've got a little ditty to the that 80s/90s tune about opposites attracting to sum it up.

We pass it side ways we pass it back
It's so frustrating cos we hardly attack

So if he does change tactics does BBM get a stay of execution?

It’s time on 14:32 - Mar 4 with 1576 viewsTVOS1907

It’s time on 14:13 - Mar 4 by James1980

I've got a little ditty to the that 80s/90s tune about opposites attracting to sum it up.

We need results to keep us up, James, whatever tactics are employed. That's more important than anything else at the moment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

It’s time on 14:37 - Mar 4 with 1574 viewsShun

It’s time on 13:32 - Mar 4 by nordenblue

Speaking of formation, whoever we choose on Saturday our midfield will be so lightweight to the point of absurdity. The best I could come up with was something like this:

--------------------Humphrys----------------
Newby----------------------------------Baah
----------Morley------------Brierley--------
----------------------EOC----------------------
-Done--McShane*---Osho---Keohane-
--------------------Bazunu--------------------

*McNulty instead of McShane if the latter's unfit.

The only other midfield option instead of Brierley is Grant, who I'm yet to see anything positive in. And at least Brierley's been doing well for the youth team.
It’s time on 14:58 - Mar 4 with 1536 viewsrichfoad32

It’s time on 14:37 - Mar 4 by Shun

Speaking of formation, whoever we choose on Saturday our midfield will be so lightweight to the point of absurdity. The best I could come up with was something like this:

The only other midfield option instead of Brierley is Grant, who I'm yet to see anything positive in. And at least Brierley's been doing well for the youth team.

I thought Grant did OK second half Tuesday, but generally looks like a a 19 year old thrust into the middle of a relegation battle before he's ready. What about giving Roberts a go in midfield, he wasn't afraid of the odd swashbuckling run when he played at the back?
It’s time on 15:30 - Mar 4 with 1472 viewsJames1980

It’s time on 14:32 - Mar 4 by TVOS1907

We need results to keep us up, James, whatever tactics are employed. That's more important than anything else at the moment.

OK so if we start getting results then?

Login to get fewer ads

It’s time on 15:40 - Mar 4 with 1439 viewsTVOS1907

It’s time on 15:30 - Mar 4 by James1980

OK so if we start getting results then?

I think there would have to be a lot of them to change folks mindsets, although a lot the other way don't seem to be having that effect on some...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

It’s time on 15:56 - Mar 4 with 1412 viewsleedsdale

It’s time on 14:37 - Mar 4 by Shun

McLaughlin may be fit which would allow Keohane into midfield, but that would be three games in 7 days for him which I can’t particularly remember him doing for us before
It’s time on 17:56 - Mar 4 with 1210 views442Dale

It’s time on 14:13 - Mar 4 by James1980

A stay of execution? He’s received support from the board last week so that’s not something that needs asking here. Fans are being very fair in the main.

In fact, in the last 40 years I’m struggling to think of another manager who has been treated more fairly than BBM this season by supporters. There’s been a tangible atmosphere where people are willing for him to get it right, with a calm assessment of where it isn’t. This is not, and never will be a problem around how fans are reacting.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

It’s time on 18:08 - Mar 4 with 1178 views49thseason

Tranmere v Rochdale 2019 Dale line up:

25Sánchez Booked at 58mins GONE
13Keohane
6O'ConnellSubstituted for Ryan at 79'minutes INJURED
4McNulty BENCHED S/O
3Norrington-Davies GONE
14RathboneBooked at 41mins BENCHED S/O Substituted forMorley at 57'minutes
8Williams Booked at 90mins GONE
7Dooley INJURED
11PykeSubstituted for GONE Done at 70'minutes
10Camps GONE
40Henderson GONE
Substitutes
5Delaney GONE
9Andrew GONE
16Done
20Ryan INJURED
28Morley
31Wade 3RD CHOICE
41Matheson GONE
It’s time on 18:39 - Mar 4 with 1119 viewsJames1980

It’s time on 17:56 - Mar 4 by 442Dale

A stay of execution? He’s received support from the board last week so that’s not something that needs asking here. Fans are being very fair in the main.

In fact, in the last 40 years I’m struggling to think of another manager who has been treated more fairly than BBM this season by supporters. There’s been a tangible atmosphere where people are willing for him to get it right, with a calm assessment of where it isn’t. This is not, and never will be a problem around how fans are reacting.

By stay of execution I meant, will the calls for him to go start to diminish if results change. Hopefully the fans patience will be rewarded by BBM and the squad turning it around.

It’s time on 18:50 - Mar 4 with 1076 views442Dale

It’s time on 18:39 - Mar 4 by James1980

By stay of execution I meant, will the calls for him to go start to diminish if results change. Hopefully the fans patience will be rewarded by BBM and the squad turning it around.

That’s exactly what I meant. People are being fair, it’s not a case of calling for him to go or him getting results to change how people feel, for me it’s dealing with the here and now and not even wondering how the views on one individual might change. Others may disagree but there are more important things than who wants a manager in/out and you’re right about patience being rewarded by things being turned around. That patience has been present for months, and they haven’t done it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024