Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town 18:03 - Mar 9 with 1713 viewsdurham_exile

Well, we can forget all about the euphoria and however unlikely, a top seven slot after the Carlisle result because the U’s were brought crashing down to earth after a lack lustre final third performance against Newport on Saturday.

The team looked well balanced, but we just did not make any inroads into the Exiles defence. It was a disappointing defeat coming after what I thought was the beginning of a new era under WB.

We now start three successive Away games starting with a first ever visit to the EnviroVent Stadium at Harrogate. Of course, I am furious because this is yet another new ground and a relatively close fixture for me (just 52 miles) that I cannot make because of the restrictions still in place.

I still cannot understand why we were so ineffectual up front because the team was set up to attack. Newport is one of those teams that I dislike intensely, and I loathe their manager even more still enough sour grapes we move on.

Can the U’s secure a double over the North Yorkshire side after a 2-1 home victory earlier in the season? I think we can.

Frank Nouble whether through frustration or something else was stupid and got enough sent off and misses tonight’s game. However, I think that WB will simply bring Jevani Brown into the team instead.

We therefore are missing; Gerken, Nouble, Pell, Stevenson and Lapslie.

George

Tchamadeu Eastman Smith Clampin

Harriott Wiredu Chilvers

Brown

Folivi Oteh

Subs:
Welch-Hayes Sayer Sowunmi Cowan-Hall Poku Bohui Coulter

It has been a decent day in Durham, dry, overcast but milder. Harrogate will experience 7 degrees c and be mostly cloudy but dry at kick off. The storm is coming later in the week.

Table (still looks grim but good to see Southend in the bottom two)

20 COL U 32 36 -12
21 PV 33 34 -6
22 Barrow 31 29 -6
23 Southend 33 29 -26
24 Grimsby 31 24 -28

Sadly, I am also going to miss out on Fish n Chips on the pier at Cleethorpes on Saturday (makes a change from Tuesday night matches) and the twice rearranged Salford City fixture as well. Perhaps we might win them all which will cheer me up!

14 games and were we to gain 9 points from the next three well that would be just peachy.

Simon Weaver says that Harrogate should show no mercy to ailing Colchester United, well I think we should do the double over them.

3-2 to the U’s.

Enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:12 - Mar 9 with 555 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:03 - Mar 9 by gerry_us

We really can't continue to rely on others around us.

Whilst we continue to have little attacking threat or defensive resilience then I’m afraid relying on others to perform as badly as us is about all we can do. Our fate remains in our own hands but it won’t be for much longer if we keep performing so poorly.

Distressing to admit this but we could do with Colin in charge for the rest of the season.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:15 - Mar 9 with 552 viewsthrillseeker

That was painful again.

The commentator Glenn Pennyfather make sense - maybe we should get him in as Head Coach.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:19 - Mar 9 with 546 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:15 - Mar 9 by thrillseeker

That was painful again.

The commentator Glenn Pennyfather make sense - maybe we should get him in as Head Coach.

Pennyfather calls it as he sees it which is a refreshing change from David Gregory, who always seems reluctant to say what he really thinks, for obvious reasons.

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:27 - Mar 9 with 540 viewswessex_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:12 - Mar 9 by Leadbelly

Whilst we continue to have little attacking threat or defensive resilience then I’m afraid relying on others to perform as badly as us is about all we can do. Our fate remains in our own hands but it won’t be for much longer if we keep performing so poorly.

Distressing to admit this but we could do with Colin in charge for the rest of the season.

If Colin is the answer, it must be a damn stupid question, but I take the point.

Yes though, all teams at both ends of the league are always relying on the results of others around them, we all need others to slip up - that's the nature of football. I'd rather we didn't have to, but I can't see that changing for the rest of this season.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:37 - Mar 9 with 534 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:27 - Mar 9 by wessex_exile

If Colin is the answer, it must be a damn stupid question, but I take the point.

Yes though, all teams at both ends of the league are always relying on the results of others around them, we all need others to slip up - that's the nature of football. I'd rather we didn't have to, but I can't see that changing for the rest of this season.

As you know from previous comments I’m no fan of Colin but I’m certain he wouldn’t put up with recent performances. Won’t happen, obviously, but it may be what we need at the moment.

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:48 - Mar 9 with 519 viewsFruitbat

I am perplexed by Brown's post match comments.

Apparently we had a "right go in the second half and the changes really affected the game". Affected it to such a great extent that we conceded another goal and didn't score any presumably. What a load of cobblers.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:53 - Mar 9 with 515 viewswessex_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:37 - Mar 9 by Leadbelly

As you know from previous comments I’m no fan of Colin but I’m certain he wouldn’t put up with recent performances. Won’t happen, obviously, but it may be what we need at the moment.

I'm finding myself in the unenviable position of agreeing that if Colin or a Colin-esque type could guarantee survival, I'd be sort of okay with that...

I'd welcome back Lamberk, or Mick "BBTMW" Wadsworth, Burley (is a C-word) or even Roger Brown if it came with that guarantee.

Up the U's

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 22:52 - Mar 9 with 485 viewsAddy

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:53 - Mar 9 by wessex_exile

I'm finding myself in the unenviable position of agreeing that if Colin or a Colin-esque type could guarantee survival, I'd be sort of okay with that...

I'd welcome back Lamberk, or Mick "BBTMW" Wadsworth, Burley (is a C-word) or even Roger Brown if it came with that guarantee.

If Roger Brown came back as manager it would be a miracle, he died in 2011. RIP Roger.
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 22:56 - Mar 9 with 483 viewswessex_exile

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 22:52 - Mar 9 by Addy

If Roger Brown came back as manager it would be a miracle, he died in 2011. RIP Roger.

Some would argue he'd still do a better job.

Up the U's

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 23:44 - Mar 9 with 472 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 21:48 - Mar 9 by Fruitbat

I am perplexed by Brown's post match comments.

Apparently we had a "right go in the second half and the changes really affected the game". Affected it to such a great extent that we conceded another goal and didn't score any presumably. What a load of cobblers.

Perplexed is right. Brown reeled off a long list of everything we’d done well, particularly second half, conveniently omitting the even longer list of negative points he better be talking about at training tomorrow. Have to say that, despite listening to the commentary, I missed quite a few of the positives referred to by WB.

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 07:53 - Mar 10 with 450 viewsnoah4x4

Basically, Sowumni was woeful and gifted Harrogate two goals. Then Junior left his man unmarked and gifted them another. Other aspects of the U's play was more positive. We have not recovered from the departure of Prosser and Jackson and that is where our woes start. Docherty isn't a solution, Junior is inexperienced (but shows potential) and playing Eastman and Smith out of position as full backs patently doesn't work. Our failed manager Director of Football has comprehensively screwed us with the direction he has taken us.
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 12:30 - Mar 10 with 401 viewsmfb_cufc

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 23:44 - Mar 9 by Leadbelly

Perplexed is right. Brown reeled off a long list of everything we’d done well, particularly second half, conveniently omitting the even longer list of negative points he better be talking about at training tomorrow. Have to say that, despite listening to the commentary, I missed quite a few of the positives referred to by WB.

Top of the long list of negatives is we haven't scored in the last 7 away games.

mfb

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 12:54 - Mar 10 with 395 viewsgerry_us

Stupid question but who is Colin?
Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 13:13 - Mar 10 with 391 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 07:53 - Mar 10 by noah4x4

Basically, Sowumni was woeful and gifted Harrogate two goals. Then Junior left his man unmarked and gifted them another. Other aspects of the U's play was more positive. We have not recovered from the departure of Prosser and Jackson and that is where our woes start. Docherty isn't a solution, Junior is inexperienced (but shows potential) and playing Eastman and Smith out of position as full backs patently doesn't work. Our failed manager Director of Football has comprehensively screwed us with the direction he has taken us.

I thought Sowunmi was a good signing when he first came over but that hasn't proved to be the case. Doherty looks a long way short of being up to scratch and I actually think that Clampin is the better option right now. You could argue that Smith and Welch-Hayes are decent replacements for Prosser and Jackson. So where has it all gone wrong? Obviously Norris, Bramall and Gambin are no longer at the club and Robinson was only on loan but apart from those the squad is very similar to last season. Comley and Nouble departed but Nouble is now back and Comley wasn't really figuring towards the end of his spell anyway. Also we've added Folivi, Sarpong-Wiredu, Bohui and Oteh on loan plus Brown and Chilvers have figured much more this season and Tchamadeu is now playing more so in a way the squad possibly looks better on paper. Whilst the management must take some responsibility for the results and position in the table I think the players need to shoulder a fair amount of the blame here. Too many of them have been poor this season and it's up to them now to roll their sleeves up and dig us out of the hole they've helped get us in.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 13:21 - Mar 10 with 388 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 12:54 - Mar 10 by gerry_us

Stupid question but who is Colin?

Neil Warnock. Anagram of his name is Colin W@nker, which is most apt.

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 13:45 - Mar 10 with 383 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 12:30 - Mar 10 by mfb_cufc

Top of the long list of negatives is we haven't scored in the last 7 away games.

That's a crazy stat!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 16:34 - Mar 10 with 359 viewsburnsieespana

Super U's hunting for valuable double over Town on 13:45 - Mar 10 by RSCOSWORTH

That's a crazy stat!

Thank goodness you asked as was wondering myself!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024