Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brown out, Mullins in 10:39 - Mar 31 with 1928 viewsRSCOSWORTH

What is going on?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Brown out, Mullins in on 10:39 - Mar 31 with 1559 viewsRSCOSWORTH

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2021/march/club-statement/

Brown out, Mullins in on 10:45 - Mar 31 with 1552 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Interested to see who this magical assistant is going to be. We need David Copperfield, we'll probably get Debbie McGee!

Brown out, Mullins in on 10:48 - Mar 31 with 1550 viewsLeadbelly

Looking for an experienced manager as an assistant? Why not just appoint that person rather than Mullins?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:00 - Mar 31 with 1542 viewsMadeira163

Brown out, Mullins in on 10:48 - Mar 31 by Leadbelly

Looking for an experienced manager as an assistant? Why not just appoint that person rather than Mullins?

Joe Dunne as no2 I would imagine
Brown out, Mullins in on 11:01 - Mar 31 with 1542 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Brown out, Mullins in on 10:48 - Mar 31 by Leadbelly

I was thinking exactly the same Lead. That makes more sense to me. Give them eight games to keep the club in the league and then reassess at the end of the season. Plenty of experienced managers without a job right now. Some might relish a challenge like this, especially if it came with a nice bonus at the end.

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:06 - Mar 31 with 1538 viewsbwildered

Did he jump, or was he pushed ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:22 - Mar 31 with 1531 viewsthrillseeker

Not appropriate to swear on this board but this is FU**ING unbelievable

We are becoming a JOKE although it could turn out to be a masterstroke. Time will tell.

I really hope this works out and we avoid relegation
Brown out, Mullins in on 11:31 - Mar 31 with 1526 viewsLeadbelly

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:22 - Mar 31 by thrillseeker

Not appropriate to swear on this board but this is FU**ING unbelievable

We are becoming a JOKE although it could turn out to be a masterstroke. Time will tell.

I really hope this works out and we avoid relegation

It could turn out to be an inspired appointment but I’d have more confidence in that happening if Mullins hadn’t been an integral member of the coaching staff which has has overseen the shambles that is this season.

If there anyone left at the club who hasn’t had a crack at the job?

Login to get fewer ads

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:57 - Mar 31 with 1500 viewsFruitbat

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:00 - Mar 31 by Madeira163

Joe Dunne as no2 I would imagine

Paul Lambert is available!
Brown out, Mullins in on 11:58 - Mar 31 with 1499 viewsburnsieespana

WOW I did not see that coming!
Suspect Dunne will be number two but who knows since he was WB's ask for help. You never know we might get an experienced out of work Manager (Lambert ha ha!) for the remainder of the season as that is what we need!
Brown out, Mullins in on 11:59 - Mar 31 with 1498 viewsBlue4U2

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:31 - Mar 31 by Leadbelly

It could turn out to be an inspired appointment but I’d have more confidence in that happening if Mullins hadn’t been an integral member of the coaching staff which has has overseen the shambles that is this season.

At least Mullins has never had anything to do with them down the road!!!
Brown out, Mullins in on 12:44 - Mar 31 with 1483 viewsnoah4x4

Brown previously turned the permanent job down.

Mullins will simply be the next fall guy. Can't see him being heralded as a hero if we escape relegation on goal difference having been a key component of the 2020-21 shambles to date.

Joe Dunne will be back in charge in June - with a clean sheet, whatever division we are in.

The real question if how many fans will come thought the gates. It will be more than today's nil, but if in the National League, this club will probably sink without trace as more player assets depart to stay in the EFL and a generation of fans head for Portman Road and the London Stadium. Humes Out!
Brown out, Mullins in on 13:21 - Mar 31 with 1459 viewsdurham_exile

Several of us thought that when Hayden Mullins was brought in he was being lined up for the Head Coach job.

Let's give him a chance he has 8 games to keep us up.

With SB and JD back at the club and TH as a Director, perhaps it is time to change the Owner.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Brown out, Mullins in on 13:51 - Mar 31 with 1450 viewsLeadbelly

Brown out, Mullins in on 13:21 - Mar 31 by durham_exile

Several of us thought that when Hayden Mullins was brought in he was being lined up for the Head Coach job.

Let's give him a chance he has 8 games to keep us up.

With SB and JD back at the club and TH as a Director, perhaps it is time to change the Owner.

Up the U's

I’m sure this question has been asked already but has any club in the history of football ever employed as many former (failed) managers/coaches within its back room staff?

Brown out, Mullins in on 14:47 - Mar 31 with 1430 viewsGOSBTS

Very harsh on WB. Appreciate Cowling’s honesty and assessment of himself however. At least he wears his heart on his sleeve: he’s an owner scrambling around, desperately trying to keep the club in the league, hoping his plan for riding out the pandemic doesn’t fail. I just hope this next change in the dressing room doesn’t further unsettle the players at a time when calm is most needed.

I echo Noah’s sentiments re: people coming through the gates in August/September. If we stay up, Robbie needs to realise that his plan of keeping the club afloat during Covid is dependant upon giving the fans a reason to show up. He might need to do something out of the ordinary and make an outside appointment as manager to reinvigorate the fans.
Brown out, Mullins in on 16:49 - Mar 31 with 1390 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Brown out, Mullins in on 16:58 - Mar 31 with 1385 viewsLeadbelly

Brown out, Mullins in on 16:49 - Mar 31 by RSCOSWORTH

Interesting. Can’t decide from that whether the experienced assistant is someone of HM’s choice or the chairman’s.

Brown out, Mullins in on 17:00 - Mar 31 with 1385 viewsRSCOSWORTH

When is someone actually going to say it's not good enough, we know why it's not good enough and we're going to do x, y and z to make it better. If they were such a fantastic group of players they wouldn't be near the bottom of the table having won once since December. Maybe they're all rubbish and John McGreal was a miracle worker. Take some responsibility and sort it out.

Brown out, Mullins in on 19:04 - Mar 31 with 1338 viewswessex_exile

Wow - like most, and despite performances, didn't see this one coming at all.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Brown out, Mullins in on 20:41 - Mar 31 with 1307 viewsburnsieespana

Gazette says JD no longer helping out and HM says somebody coming to assist so be interesting to see who it is!
Brown out, Mullins in on 20:44 - Mar 31 with 1307 viewsBlue4U2

Brown out, Mullins in on 11:31 - Mar 31 by Leadbelly

At least Mullins has never had anything to do with them down the road!!!
Brown out, Mullins in on 08:04 - May 2 with 951 viewswessex_exile

Thought it would be worth revisiting this. Since Hayden and Tis were appointed a month ago, we’ve won 3, drawn 2 and lost 2 (and Cheltenham really should have been a draw). That form over a season would mean 72pts and probably have us in the play-offs.

Up the U's

Brown out, Mullins in on 10:03 - May 2 with 921 viewsburnsieespana

Interesting but sadly can't be see it being the HM and Tis show next year but can dream for a tad longer!
Brown out, Mullins in on 09:57 - May 4 with 861 viewsburnsieespana

I see HM has been nominated for the Manager of the month award!
Brown out, Mullins in on 10:12 - May 4 with 859 viewswessex_exile

Brown out, Mullins in on 09:57 - May 4 by burnsieespana

I see HM has been nominated for the Manager of the month award!

And why not - pity the Salford game slipped into May, probably would have been a shoe-in otherwise. I'm sure it'll go to one of the managers at the top end of the table as usual, but great news for Hayden just to be nominated.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024