Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper faux pas 08:26 - Apr 3 with 2328 viewsPolskijack

Listen at 2.10 where he says "we can't hide from the sacked" then changes to "fact". Is this on his mind like it's on a lot of people's?

[Post edited 3 Apr 2021 8:28]
Cooper faux pas on 08:40 - Apr 3 with 2270 views34dfgdf54

He has gone out on a limb and attacked the board and recruitment staff at every opportunity. If you do that, you need to make sure you perform. I think they’ll bring someone else in summer personally.
Cooper faux pas on 08:45 - Apr 3 with 2257 viewsChief

Cooper faux pas on 08:40 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

He has gone out on a limb and attacked the board and recruitment staff at every opportunity. If you do that, you need to make sure you perform. I think they’ll bring someone else in summer personally.

I doubt it. The majority owners have probably never listened to a Steve Cooper press conference.

All they'll see is the balance sheet and the league position, rightly or wrongly.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper faux pas on 10:01 - Apr 3 with 2171 views34dfgdf54

Cooper faux pas on 08:45 - Apr 3 by Chief

I doubt it. The majority owners have probably never listened to a Steve Cooper press conference.

All they'll see is the balance sheet and the league position, rightly or wrongly.

Winter and Scott would have though.
Cooper faux pas on 10:31 - Apr 3 with 2128 viewsChief

Cooper faux pas on 10:01 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

Winter and Scott would have though.

Yea maybe although the chief scout and chief executive will only work within the budget and framework they've been given. Same applies, look at the balance sheet, look at the league table. Winter's own position would probably be in trouble if he took it upon himself to sack Cooper.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper faux pas on 10:47 - Apr 3 with 2101 viewsmonmouth

Cooper faux pas on 08:40 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

Possibly, given he’s refused to use the players they brought in. Maybe he’s been told ‘ok mate, do it your way, but don’t go up, you’re sleeping with the fishes’. It would explain the total culture of fear and shithousery that has settled over the team I suppose.

It’s probably more that his luck has run out and his lack of ability exposed though.

This was interesting in itself:

“ Barnsley are unexpected challengers, and have been helped by Valérien Ismaël’s willingness to take full advantage of this season’s five permitted substitutions. He says the rule “gives you the possibility to have more impact on the game and to decide what is going on”, and no team in the Football League have made more than their 152 substitutions (equally notably, only Accrington Stanley and Lincoln have used fewer than Swansea’s 88).”

He’s utterly passive when things don’t work unless we are behind. (92nd minute sub...🤣)

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper faux pas on 11:19 - Apr 3 with 2055 viewsThornburyswan

Very despondent interview - appreciate that’s not to far from the normal for him - really struggle to see how he could motivate anyone.

Pure nonsense talked about the late/lack of sub use on the back of ‘we chatted about it & then left it because we thought it was coming good on the pitch’ - at no point in that game did it look like it was coming good.

Let’s hope the England U21s, Palace & Newcastle people all missed that game!!
Cooper faux pas on 12:25 - Apr 3 with 2003 viewsCatullus

Cooper faux pas on 11:19 - Apr 3 by Thornburyswan

Very despondent interview - appreciate that’s not to far from the normal for him - really struggle to see how he could motivate anyone.

Pure nonsense talked about the late/lack of sub use on the back of ‘we chatted about it & then left it because we thought it was coming good on the pitch’ - at no point in that game did it look like it was coming good.

Let’s hope the England U21s, Palace & Newcastle people all missed that game!!

Even when we did put them under some pressure we never looked a genuine goal threat. Cooper must ebable to see that but does nothing, it's criminal.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cooper faux pas on 13:15 - Apr 3 with 1982 viewswestside

can you imagine if cooper was a school teacher and you had to listen to that all day
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper faux pas on 13:45 - Apr 3 with 1967 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper faux pas on 10:47 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Possibly, given he’s refused to use the players they brought in. Maybe he’s been told ‘ok mate, do it your way, but don’t go up, you’re sleeping with the fishes’. It would explain the total culture of fear and shithousery that has settled over the team I suppose.

It’s probably more that his luck has run out and his lack of ability exposed though.

“ Barnsley are unexpected challengers, and have been helped by Valérien Ismaël’s willingness to take full advantage of this season’s five permitted substitutions. He says the rule “gives you the possibility to have more impact on the game and to decide what is going on”, and no team in the Football League have made more than their 152 substitutions (equally notably, only Accrington Stanley and Lincoln have used fewer than Swansea’s 88).”

He’s utterly passive when things don’t work unless we are behind. (92nd minute sub...🤣)

One likes to think that Cooper will learn from the facts you have presented so clearly by comparison. You will notice that Cooper does not talk of learning lessons or talking development. He talks of no change and just working harder.

Othe clubs have 'Sports scientists' and 'Head of performance' posts. I find it bizerre that Cooper never rests his best players.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper faux pas on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 1959 viewsonehunglow

Cooper faux pas on 13:45 - Apr 3 by ReslovenSwan1

One likes to think that Cooper will learn from the facts you have presented so clearly by comparison. You will notice that Cooper does not talk of learning lessons or talking development. He talks of no change and just working harder.

Othe clubs have 'Sports scientists' and 'Head of performance' posts. I find it bizerre that Cooper never rests his best players.

Working harder does not apply to him though.

I feel for the players .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper faux pas on 13:55 - Apr 3 with 1962 viewshowenjack

Cooper faux pas on 13:15 - Apr 3 by westside

can you imagine if cooper was a school teacher and you had to listen to that all day

He sounds and looks a beaten man in that interview . He should have made changes earlier put Dhanda on sooner he was the only one looking to pass forward at pace and caused their defence more problems in 10 minutes than Lowe did all night . Guehi did well running at their defence because he draws fouls in dangerous positions -
Cooper faux pas on 13:57 - Apr 3 with 1959 views34dfgdf54

Cooper faux pas on 13:45 - Apr 3 by ReslovenSwan1

In Cooper’s words

Tired players “should just get on with it”

I don’t think we’ll be having a sports scientist on his watch
Cooper faux pas on 13:58 - Apr 3 with 1951 viewsonehunglow

Cooper faux pas on 13:55 - Apr 3 by howenjack

He sounds and looks a beaten man in that interview . He should have made changes earlier put Dhanda on sooner he was the only one looking to pass forward at pace and caused their defence more problems in 10 minutes than Lowe did all night . Guehi did well running at their defence because he draws fouls in dangerous positions -

Does he inspire,can he progress players,can he adjust tactics .

Cooper faux pas on 14:08 - Apr 3 with 1943 viewsThornburyswan

Cooper faux pas on 13:58 - Apr 3 by onehunglow

Does he inspire,can he progress players,can he adjust tactics .

No, yes, no for me on that - he’s evidenced he can bring young players on.
Cooper faux pas on 14:14 - Apr 3 with 1936 viewsonehunglow

Cooper faux pas on 14:08 - Apr 3 by Thornburyswan

No, yes, no for me on that - he’s evidenced he can bring young players on.

Don’t agree but I respect your view.
Right now,everyone of us is upset ,angry or frustrated.

At least we are not apathetic.

That will happen though if cooper stays much longer as people will simply turn their back both on him and the fare he presents to us.

I really am not interested in the budget debate as it clouds the issue which is of gross incompetence of a manager in name only.

Routledge coming on last night really says it all.

No more comments necessary after that disgusting insult to young Whittaker .

Cooper faux pas on 15:36 - Apr 3 with 1894 viewshowenjack

1.Does he inspire,
2 can he progress players,
3 can he adjust tactics .

1 Not privy obviously to what goes on inside the club but from the evidence I have seen on the touchline - No .
2 . Yes I think he can.
3. This is his weakness , no plan B.Simon Francis in the sky studio noticed that after the penalty was given away by Roberts he went into his shell as a result and was off his game for the rest of the match. Cooper could / should have done something about this .
I think Cooper needs help tactically there are plenty out there who could help - Venables Hoddle . He is floundering and I feel a bit sorry for him in this respect but we have to act quickly if we act at all.
Cooper faux pas on 15:47 - Apr 3 with 1885 viewsBadlands

I hate calling for anyone to lose their job but unless Cooper goes soon we won’t stand a chance of the playoffs let alone do well in them.
It isn’t just results that have gone against us we have lost the ability to play football of any kind.
I watched 10 minutes of Huddersfield v Brentford and they looked divisions better than we have for months.
Change may work, sticking with Cooper won't.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper faux pas on 20:03 - Apr 4 with 1715 viewsmonmouth

My advice to Cooper now (and he’s staying, so forget any change now) would be to tell the players to just forget about second and the table, relax and start enjoying their football, smiling and trying to show everyone what they can do when not straightjacketed by fear and negative anti football.

Then we might actually tune up and cement the play offs.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cooper faux pas on 20:30 - Apr 4 with 1693 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper faux pas on 10:47 - Apr 3 by monmouth

But "total appearances" or some other such bollocks used to defend Cooper's inability to utilise the entire squad at his disposal.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper faux pas on 20:36 - Apr 4 with 1687 viewsonehunglow

Cooper faux pas on 15:47 - Apr 3 by Badlands

I hate calling for anyone to lose their job but unless Cooper goes soon we won’t stand a chance of the playoffs let alone do well in them.
It isn’t just results that have gone against us we have lost the ability to play football of any kind.
I watched 10 minutes of Huddersfield v Brentford and they looked divisions better than we have for months.
Change may work, sticking with Cooper won't.

Fret not.
You love the club.

It’s our club

Cooper is passing through.

We’ll be as we are .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024