Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread 00:27 - Jun 22 with 5484 viewsNotLoyal

It’s called the round of last sixteen. That means the last sixteen teams are playing in this round. Wales and England have made it through. Nobody knows who England will play as yet. But as this thread moves on they will. Wales, due to their remarkable record in these euros again know already where they will play and against who.

Wales v Denmark
Saturday 27th June 2021
Amsterdam arena, Netherregions
Kick off 5pm

This game is being shown LIVE in the U.K. and on 121 other channels throughout the world. It is also being covered by BBC Radio and Talk Sport ( Where they will just talk about England )

Wales have beaten Denmark on six occasions, Denmark have beaten Wales four times. Neither side has ever drawn a game. The two most recent fixtures between the sides has resulted in wins for the Danes in the nations league thingy. Wales last beat Denmark in 2008. Nasty man Craig Bellamy scored the only goal in a friendly.

Denmark manager speaks
Kasper Hjulmand, Denmark's head coach, has guided his players superbly to spark joyous scenes in the capital on Monday night. said: “I have huge admiration for these players. “I have seen how affected they have been but they have picked themselves up again. “I also have great gratitude to Denmark and the population. They have really taken care of us, and given us wings. Without all the fans, this would not have been possible.”

Well, you won’t have that many fans in Amsterdam mate.

The Danish have some weird etiquette, they hate queuing for anything, they disapprove of anyone smiling at their children, and they can get very confrontational if you don’t signal your intentions when you are on your bicycle. Yes, the danish have numerous first world problems. Michael Laudrup is Danish. He has a bike, children and gets other people to queue for him. Jan Molby is also Danish, he once cost the site owner a fair bit of cash when settling a bar bill after a Swansea fans gathering in Gloucester. Jan kindly settled it with him later, but was very much worse for wear. Top man.

There’s nothing really offensive about people from Denmark.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55221/wales-v-denmark-de

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:27 - Jun 26 with 1103 viewsBadlands

Page … international version of Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 1068 viewsmax936

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:27 - Jun 26 by Badlands

you related to our beloved Dwight?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 1068 viewsThornburyswan

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:27 - Jun 26 by Badlands

Unfortunately for us Page cannot bring in some young loanees from the top countries!
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:44 - Jun 26 with 1064 viewsReslovenSwan1

That was a hammering. Wales were out classed. Its not surprising, Cymru passing accuracy has been poor for quite some time and only Bale can do raking passes. Passion and commitment are not enough once into the higher eschelons of the game. Denmark are not that good but several levels above Wales. We produce good players and athletes but bad teams.

Coleman played 5-3-2. Because our passing is so poor we get shredded when we overstretch out selves. Welsh players were giving away the ball for fun. Page learned this lesson today. With 4 at the back you cannot lose the ball without getting punuished. Mike England learned it Yorath learned it Mike Smith learned it Colemen learned it.

Wilson Brooks and Williams good young prospects playing in a very sloppy way.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 19:51]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Jun 26 with 1001 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:44 - Jun 26 by ReslovenSwan1

That was a hammering. Wales were out classed. Its not surprising, Cymru passing accuracy has been poor for quite some time and only Bale can do raking passes. Passion and commitment are not enough once into the higher eschelons of the game. Denmark are not that good but several levels above Wales. We produce good players and athletes but bad teams.

Coleman played 5-3-2. Because our passing is so poor we get shredded when we overstretch out selves. Welsh players were giving away the ball for fun. Page learned this lesson today. With 4 at the back you cannot lose the ball without getting punuished. Mike England learned it Yorath learned it Mike Smith learned it Colemen learned it.

Wilson Brooks and Williams good young prospects playing in a very sloppy way.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 19:51]

Wales does not have enough quality players
We never have to produce a team full of quality.

Our best chances was in the Rush Hughes,Ratcliffe Southall era and we managed to fark it up then.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:10 - Jun 26 with 1004 viewsBadlands

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Our best chances was in the Rush Hughes,Ratcliffe Southall era and we managed to fark it up then.

2016!
Page wore out his favourite players while ignoring others and put faith in has beens.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Jun 26 with 980 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:10 - Jun 26 by Badlands

2016!
Page wore out his favourite players while ignoring others and put faith in has beens.

Very good point.
Today ,they looked clueless and very tired.

That said,Page is not an international manager,come to think of it neither is Giggs who Id love to see dumped asap.

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Jun 26 with 972 views34dfgdf54

will go down as a good tournament as lots (including me) didn’t think we would get through group but no one took into account how bad Turkey were going to be.

For me, we need a new manager, I’d like to see a foreigner come in who has no loyalty to legends like Bale. He shouldn’t be guaranteed 90 minutes just because of who he is.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Jun 26 with 961 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Jun 26 by 34dfgdf54

will go down as a good tournament as lots (including me) didn’t think we would get through group but no one took into account how bad Turkey were going to be.

For me, we need a new manager, I’d like to see a foreigner come in who has no loyalty to legends like Bale. He shouldn’t be guaranteed 90 minutes just because of who he is.

Yep and maybe the team would be discussed as opposed to Bale solo.
I hope he retires soon.

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Jun 26 with 954 viewsgordondg

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

I hope he retires soon.

I'd prefer Bale and Ramsey to stay and help the youngsters thro the World cup qualifying group,they are still our best players.
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Jun 26 with 952 viewsmax936

Bloody hell what a depressing end to the tournament, negativity after negativity, anyway, I'm on episode 7 of Clarkson's farm, grab a beer all and smile. see ya all later

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:33 - Jun 26 with 939 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Jun 26 by max936

Bloody hell what a depressing end to the tournament, negativity after negativity, anyway, I'm on episode 7 of Clarkson's farm, grab a beer all and smile. see ya all later

Pinot Gris for me.

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Jun 26 with 929 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

I hope he retires soon.

I hope he stays for the next 4 years minimum.

On 95 caps he will be staying.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Jun 26 with 924 viewsjasper_T

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:37 - Jun 26 by Kilkennyjack

I hope he stays for the next 4 years minimum.

On 95 caps he will be staying.

He could be hopping through games on one leg and they'd still make a circus of getting him 100 like Chrissy Gunter.

Expect Hennessey will get the vip treatment as well.
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:40 - Jun 26 with 912 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:39 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

He could be hopping through games on one leg and they'd still make a circus of getting him 100 like Chrissy Gunter.

Expect Hennessey will get the vip treatment as well.

Sentiment is a sickening sight.

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Jun 26 with 892 viewsReslovenSwan1

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:07 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Swansea have shown what can be done with some unsung players like Mark Gower, Steven Dobbie Garry Monk, Alan Tate, Wayne Routlege and Nathan Dyer and Joey Allen. Leon Britton also a special player.

The like of Brooks, James, Neco Williams, Dylan Levitt, Tyler Roberts, Cabango, Rodon, Johnson Colwill Connor R and Ampadu should be able to form a good possession based attacking unit and a spine of the side under a progressive manager.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:55 - Jun 26 with 883 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:54 - Jun 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea have shown what can be done with some unsung players like Mark Gower, Steven Dobbie Garry Monk, Alan Tate, Wayne Routlege and Nathan Dyer and Joey Allen. Leon Britton also a special player.

The like of Brooks, James, Neco Williams, Dylan Levitt, Tyler Roberts, Cabango, Rodon, Johnson Colwill Connor R and Ampadu should be able to form a good possession based attacking unit and a spine of the side under a progressive manager.

We need a special manager /coach.Neither giggs or Page are

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Jun 26 with 857 viewsBarrySwan

Mark Gower?

Have you ever actually watched the Swans play a game?
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 21:17 - Jun 26 with 842 viewsonehunglow

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 21:11 - Jun 26 by BarrySwan

Mark Gower?

Have you ever actually watched the Swans play a game?

Mark Gower.Unsung!

One of the most overated players ever to havr ebeen lucky enough t be employed by us.

A man who shot at goal at Anfield and killed 3 shyte hawks instantly. Still talked about in Kirkdale .

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 21:38 - Jun 26 with 824 viewsjackrabbit

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Jun 26 by jackrabbit

Don’t blame Denmark for Wales’s abject performance. Denmark were superb once they got on top. They certainly showed our ‘megastars’ how to shoot and score. Good luck to them in the next round. Italy will be the eventual winners though. Best team I’ve seen thus far.

I may have to revise that forecast. Italy look totally constipated this evening. Austria look far more likely. Funny old game.
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Jun 26 with 749 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 20:17 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Very good point.
Today ,they looked clueless and very tired.

That said,Page is not an international manager,come to think of it neither is Giggs who Id love to see dumped asap.

Tired?
Maybe travelling 5000 miles had something to do with it.
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 22:55 - Jun 26 with 740 viewsKilkennyjack

Yep

Beware of the Risen People

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Jun 26 with 711 viewscontroversial_jack

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Jun 26 by jackrabbit

Don’t blame Denmark for Wales’s abject performance. Denmark were superb once they got on top. They certainly showed our ‘megastars’ how to shoot and score. Good luck to them in the next round. Italy will be the eventual winners though. Best team I’ve seen thus far.

Denmark could win the tournament.
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Jun 26 with 710 viewsmajorraglan

After a positive start we were outclassed and given a good hammering. They enjoyed the rub of the green with a few decisions but were worthy winners. We have some decent young players coming through, but at this level they are coming up against good pro’s who play in the top leagues. Most of the Danish team play in Spain, Germany, Italy and England( 5 in PL and 2 at Brentford). Compare that with our squad.

Personally, I think we need a new long term appointment in the managerial role.
Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 23:31 - Jun 26 with 709 viewscontroversial_jack

Wales v Denmark : Euros Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Jun 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Tired?
Maybe travelling 5000 miles had something to do with it.

They didn't walk them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024