Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way 12:35 - Jun 24 with 6825 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55216/fulham-fans-think-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:36 - Jun 24 with 2990 viewsBadlands

… and I haven't even started the car!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:50 - Jun 24 with 2952 viewsjasper_T

All sorted supposedly, he's over there today to finalise everything. £3.5m compensation for Cooper & staff. They're getting the same for Parker so are breaking even on the merry go round.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:57 - Jun 24 with 2933 viewsvetchonian

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:50 - Jun 24 by jasper_T

All sorted supposedly, he's over there today to finalise everything. £3.5m compensation for Cooper & staff. They're getting the same for Parker so are breaking even on the merry go round.

Stephen Dobbie been spotted in Rossis

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:30 - Jun 24 with 2859 viewspencoedjack

I find it hard to continue to believe all these clubs being linked with Coops.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:47 - Jun 24 with 2801 viewsonehunglow

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:30 - Jun 24 by pencoedjack

I find it hard to continue to believe all these clubs being linked with Coops.

You'd think he was a great coach wouldn'ty ya

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 14:39 - Jun 24 with 2709 viewsBoundy

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:47 - Jun 24 by onehunglow

You'd think he was a great coach wouldn'ty ya

he probably is, he's not a good football manager

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 15:04 - Jun 24 with 2666 viewsCatullus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 14:39 - Jun 24 by Boundy

he probably is, he's not a good football manager

I've been critical of him but what if he is a good manager, just one who's been hamstrung by the owners bringing in players they wanted and scuppering deals for players he wanted?

I suppose it's possible?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 15:27 - Jun 24 with 2602 views34dfgdf54

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 15:04 - Jun 24 by Catullus

I've been critical of him but what if he is a good manager, just one who's been hamstrung by the owners bringing in players they wanted and scuppering deals for players he wanted?

I suppose it's possible?

Could be, we will see what he does at Fulham.

Will be interesting to see how he goes about it there with brand of football etc,
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 15:39 - Jun 24 with 2572 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I suppose it's possible?

Then he's in the wrong profession.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 15:43 - Jun 24 with 2571 viewsbuilthjack

1/2 for the Fulham job. Then again he was red hot fav for Palace not long back.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 16:11 - Jun 24 with 2513 viewsdobjack2

I suppose it's possible?

He may get more of the same at Fulham with the owners son currently the head of recruitment and being a massive fan of moneyball.

They are looking for a director of scouting which may or may not change their recruitment policy depending on whether Tony Khan takes a back seat in that area or not.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 16:25 - Jun 24 with 2466 viewsDr_Winston

I doubt there are many managers in World football who have total control of their clubs transfer policy any more. Working within the constraints of a scouting setup is part and parcel of the game and something Cooper is going to have to deal with.

Anyway, you'd think given that eventually he's going to run out of England u17 players to borrow he'd welcome the extra help.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 16:48 - Jun 24 with 2415 viewssP7qupUf

I just hope that we have someone decent being lined up.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 17:06 - Jun 24 with 2355 viewsmax936

I suppose it's possible?

Good post and that's a very possible scenario. Anyway it seems like he's been angling his way out since the season finished, so he can get on with it and go ASHP.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 18:01 - Jun 24 with 2293 viewsonehunglow

As is the case with players.
They can leave but let's have replacements in place
Same with Cooper.

I believe we would be lucky indeed to get shot of him and Id welcome Scott Parker in a heartbeat. Eddie Howe would be a dream but he'd have to fancy a project and have owners prepared to back him properly. As if.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 19:56 - Jun 24 with 2166 viewsmax936

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 18:01 - Jun 24 by onehunglow

As is the case with players.
They can leave but let's have replacements in place
Same with Cooper.

I believe we would be lucky indeed to get shot of him and Id welcome Scott Parker in a heartbeat. Eddie Howe would be a dream but he'd have to fancy a project and have owners prepared to back him properly. As if.

I'm not fussed on having Parker here.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2021 23:12]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:06 - Jun 24 with 2136 viewsvetchonian

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 19:56 - Jun 24 by max936

Parker’s off to Bmuff hence the vacancy

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:15 - Jun 24 with 2122 viewspencoedjack

So nowt has happened?
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:26 - Jun 24 with 2092 viewsBoundy

I suppose it's possible?

I think he's improved but still overall his game management has been poor , tactically poor only making changes when forced to , never proactive and marginally better at being reactive during a game.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:29 - Jun 24 with 2075 viewsAndyCole

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 19:56 - Jun 24 by max936

Exactly, and there's no way we can afford a Parker or a Howe.

Make no mistake this is seismic change, should Cooper choose to go (and deservedly so after his remarkable achievements and stock value).

Some of our more challenged followers are living on another plane, deep up the swansea valley, without a paddle.

This is exigent for Winter and his reputation could be in tatters should he fail to retain Cooper, and find a Better replacement.

And unlike HJ, Winter doesn't inspire.

Careful what you wish for, is the prescient theme.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:32 - Jun 24 with 2074 viewsjasper_T

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:15 - Jun 24 by pencoedjack

So nowt has happened?

Fulham start preseason on Monday so it'll all be sorted by the weekend.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 21:15 - Jun 24 with 1988 viewsFireboy2

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:32 - Jun 24 by jasper_T

Fulham start preseason on Monday so it'll all be sorted by the weekend.

🙏
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 21:31 - Jun 24 with 1954 viewsmonmouth

For God’s sake go.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 21:49 - Jun 24 with 1913 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 20:29 - Jun 24 by AndyCole

Exactly, and there's no way we can afford a Parker or a Howe.

Make no mistake this is seismic change, should Cooper choose to go (and deservedly so after his remarkable achievements and stock value).

Some of our more challenged followers are living on another plane, deep up the swansea valley, without a paddle.

This is exigent for Winter and his reputation could be in tatters should he fail to retain Cooper, and find a Better replacement.

And unlike HJ, Winter doesn't inspire.

Careful what you wish for, is the prescient theme.

Andy Scott is the company man and the Academy chief has done Winter's job for Glasgow Rangers. This is an experienced brains trust. There is also the facility of recruitment consultants. Previous club employees are in this field. Winter was sucessful appinting Wagner.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 00:01 - Jun 25 with 1789 viewsDr_Parnassus

I said it months ago and I will say it again now. Bookmark it.

People are going to long for the days of Cooper and his top 6 finishes showing progression year on year.

He was/is such a perfect fit in terms of what this club needs due to its circumstances. Focus on youth, development and being able to have the trust of players of bigger clubs and the clubs themselves to send us theirs. It’s how we are able to compete.

There is going to be one hell of a dose of reality when he does leave. Martinez couldn’t get us into the play offs, Sousa couldn’t get us into the play offs and Potter couldn’t get us into the playoffs. Cooper did it back to back.

The only two managers that have achieved Championship playoffs for us is Brendan Rodgers and Steve Cooper, both on the same number of points. Brendan is without doubt a superior manager, which is probably why he was able to take that extra step (and his superior players of course). But managers like Brendan are a rarity, as was the quality and unity of his side back then.

We are in a bit of a precarious situation now with not a great deal of money to spend and many holes to fill. We have a manager at the helm who has proven he can do that cheaply and effectively. Have a think of the realistic names that are going to be mentioned as the new boss... then think of the sort of players he would likely be bringing in.

Doesn’t inspire me with great confidence.

But as the old saying goes for some, ‘you don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone’. I think a few will be finding that out real soon.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024