Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Royal Navy 18:16 - Jun 24 with 3457 viewsonehunglow

I listened to the Jeremy Vine phone in today regarding the Black Sea intimidation by Vlad and the boys.
Most see it as naked bullying by mother Russia apart form one who saw it a war mongering by Boris Johnson. This waters are international and clearly marked as such.

The caller was from Swansea

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Royal Navy on 23:23 - Jun 25 with 740 viewsBillyChong

Royal Navy on 21:08 - Jun 25 by Catullus

Have you watched the news?

HMS Defender was in an internationally recognised shipping lane.

The international community didn't recognise the vote held by Russia and maybe only a very naive person would trust a vote held by an invading power. Having seen what Russia has done to Navalny, why do you trust the vote?

The views of the people, see above.

It is the obligation of a country to treat all it's citiens equally but do you think the majority in the Baltic region want to go back to being Russian?

Internal politics of any country can be very complicated and rarely simple, we have our own case of that with NI, Scotland and Wales in the UK, look at the dissenting voices and the claims being made here, many of which are false, misrepresented or downright lies.

The Royal Navy shadow Russian ships in international waters off the U.K. What’s the difference?
Royal Navy on 23:30 - Jun 25 with 727 viewsKilkennyjack

Royal Navy on 22:33 - Jun 25 by raynor94

Yes without a shadow of doubt.

🙄 - the bbc and the sun have brain washed you.

Zero chance.

Beware of the Risen People

Royal Navy on 05:54 - Jun 26 with 693 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 23:23 - Jun 25 by BillyChong

The Royal Navy shadow Russian ships in international waters off the U.K. What’s the difference?

I haven't heard any reports of our Navy threatening to shoot at the Russian ships. We just watch.

It's a tad different

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Royal Navy on 08:50 - Jun 26 with 678 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Royal Navy on 05:54 - Jun 26 by Catullus

I haven't heard any reports of our Navy threatening to shoot at the Russian ships. We just watch.

It's a tad different

Killy is not bright enough to know the difference. He also forgot that the RN destroyer was sailing in Ukraine waters with permission of the Ukraine while Russia has broken international law by invading Ukraine.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Royal Navy on 09:09 - Jun 26 with 669 viewscontroversial_jack

NATO should be abolished. It started out as a good idea and a good cause, but now it's been hijacked and used to antagonise
Royal Navy on 09:17 - Jun 26 with 668 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Royal Navy on 09:09 - Jun 26 by controversial_jack

NATO should be abolished. It started out as a good idea and a good cause, but now it's been hijacked and used to antagonise

Without NATO the world would be a lot less safe. After all it was Nato with UN backing that ended the genocide within Yugoslavian between the various ethnic areas which are now free independent sovereign states.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Royal Navy on 09:26 - Jun 26 with 660 viewscontroversial_jack

Royal Navy on 09:17 - Jun 26 by felixstowe_jack

Without NATO the world would be a lot less safe. After all it was Nato with UN backing that ended the genocide within Yugoslavian between the various ethnic areas which are now free independent sovereign states.

NATO bombing there also killed many civilians, including 30% children.They bombed towns, villages, medical facilities and industrial complexes. Cut off water and electrical supply to many places. They put many out of work and created loads of refugees. They also used cluster bombs and radioactive weapons. All this under the banner of humanitarian relief
Royal Navy on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 637 viewsjack_lord

Are there many ex RN types on this board? Keith, were you in the Marines as well?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

Royal Navy on 14:05 - Jun 26 with 634 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 09:09 - Jun 26 by controversial_jack

That's nonsense, without NATO the Russians would have a free hand, the Chinese too. We would be in a lot more danger without NATO.

HMS Defender wasn't sent there to antagonise, it was sent there to remind them the West is paying attention. The Russians tried to antagonise and failed.

PS NATO was never a good cause, it was about keeping the Soviets in check, now it's Russia and the Chinese.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Royal Navy on 14:23 - Jun 26 with 632 viewsReslovenSwan1

Royal Navy on 21:08 - Jun 25 by Catullus

Have you watched the news?

HMS Defender was in an internationally recognised shipping lane.

The international community didn't recognise the vote held by Russia and maybe only a very naive person would trust a vote held by an invading power. Having seen what Russia has done to Navalny, why do you trust the vote?

The views of the people, see above.

It is the obligation of a country to treat all it's citiens equally but do you think the majority in the Baltic region want to go back to being Russian?

Internal politics of any country can be very complicated and rarely simple, we have our own case of that with NI, Scotland and Wales in the UK, look at the dissenting voices and the claims being made here, many of which are false, misrepresented or downright lies.

I do not necessary believe what is in the news at first reading. The Belgano was in the exclusion zone in 1982 but it was not and further more it was heading away from the exclusion zone.

The international press tell me the Crimeans people are mostly Russian and want to be in Russia. Its one of those USSR legacy issues. The sooner they are resolved the better. I do aobviously recommend due process. This does not mean the Russian leadership are great people. UK has been very cruel to Assange.

The Baltic people do not want to go back to Russia for sure. They need to keep their minority Russians happy and avoid the activities of agitators and nationalists.

UK is a good model for other countries. Until 2016 the county was stable and relatively happy with the status quo. Scotland had voted to stay in the UK the SNP vote was dropping and that issue was closed for at least 50 years. However English nationalists and agitators backed by press changed the administration of the UK by organising Brexit and withdrawing from European iinfluence.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 14:31]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Royal Navy on 15:00 - Jun 26 with 623 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 14:23 - Jun 26 by ReslovenSwan1

I do not necessary believe what is in the news at first reading. The Belgano was in the exclusion zone in 1982 but it was not and further more it was heading away from the exclusion zone.

The international press tell me the Crimeans people are mostly Russian and want to be in Russia. Its one of those USSR legacy issues. The sooner they are resolved the better. I do aobviously recommend due process. This does not mean the Russian leadership are great people. UK has been very cruel to Assange.

The Baltic people do not want to go back to Russia for sure. They need to keep their minority Russians happy and avoid the activities of agitators and nationalists.

UK is a good model for other countries. Until 2016 the county was stable and relatively happy with the status quo. Scotland had voted to stay in the UK the SNP vote was dropping and that issue was closed for at least 50 years. However English nationalists and agitators backed by press changed the administration of the UK by organising Brexit and withdrawing from European iinfluence.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 14:31]

If Wales had been strongly pro EU we might have remained, it only needed a 700k vote swing.
You always have to read between the lines with every news broadcast because governments rarely tell the whole truth. True whichever country you're in.

Royal Navy on 16:07 - Jun 26 with 608 viewsonehunglow

So why was it the caller seeing this as war mongering was from Swansea of all places .Plenty on here seem to agree.

madness

Royal Navy on 17:02 - Jun 26 with 601 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 16:07 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

So why was it the caller seeing this as war mongering was from Swansea of all places .Plenty on here seem to agree.

madness

There are loonies everywhere. I'm sure there's a few up your way too. It's a mad, mad, mad, MAD world.

Royal Navy on 18:08 - Jun 26 with 589 viewsonehunglow

Royal Navy on 17:02 - Jun 26 by Catullus

There are loonies everywhere. I'm sure there's a few up your way too. It's a mad, mad, mad, MAD world.

Well yes but the Welsh seem more class obsessed. That said,scousers love being working class

Royal Navy on 20:32 - Jun 26 with 572 viewsKilkennyjack

Royal Navy on 15:00 - Jun 26 by Catullus

If Wales had been strongly pro EU we might have remained, it only needed a 700k vote swing.
You always have to read between the lines with every news broadcast because governments rarely tell the whole truth. True whichever country you're in.

About 21% (650,000) of people living in Wales were born in England, with nearly a quarter aged over 65.

Wales voted for Brexit by a majority of just 82,000.

The English retirees voted Cymru out.

Beware of the Risen People

Royal Navy on 21:05 - Jun 26 with 567 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 18:08 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Well yes but the Welsh seem more class obsessed. That said,scousers love being working class

There is no class anymore, it's the rich versus the poor. It's a wealth war. Even Royalty behave like tabloid hounds, publicity seekers!

Royal Navy on 21:49 - Jun 26 with 550 viewsJack59

Royal Navy on 06:00 - Jun 25 by 34dfgdf54

Of course they would get involved! If a NATO member is attacked, the treaty specifically says if a member is attacked, it’s classed as an attack on Nato as a whole.

Russia are not “formidable” in the slightest, the man power, technology of the US is still, and alwahs will be the most powerful in the world by a country mile.

I agree with all your post. But I think Putin is a very clever individual indeed, he would not be stupid enough to confront the NATO militarily.
Putin knows he can get a UK and USA unconditional surrender if he can close down our TV channels and the Social Media sites. He wouldn't need to fire a shot, in 48 hours we'd have 10 million snowflakes waving their white hankies in the streets.
There's quite a number on here.
Royal Navy on 07:07 - Jun 27 with 502 viewsCatullus

Royal Navy on 21:49 - Jun 26 by Jack59

I agree with all your post. But I think Putin is a very clever individual indeed, he would not be stupid enough to confront the NATO militarily.
Putin knows he can get a UK and USA unconditional surrender if he can close down our TV channels and the Social Media sites. He wouldn't need to fire a shot, in 48 hours we'd have 10 million snowflakes waving their white hankies in the streets.
There's quite a number on here.

An unconditional surrender in 48 hours

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024