Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn 21:17 - Aug 30 with 8627 viewsKeithHaynes

Rumour, but gathering pace.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:05 - Aug 31 with 1158 viewspencoedjack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:39 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Who's clueless now they not willing to pay what we ask as he not worth it..he useless can't control pass the ball his movement off the ball is useless. Like I said should snapped their hands off as we 2ont get anything near that for him
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 8:44]

I’d consider taking up a new hobby fella, you have to be the least knowledgeable poster regarding football on this board ( & that takes some doing).
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:08 - Aug 31 with 1130 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:58 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Sky reporting it now...

"LOWE HAVING BOURNEMOUTH MEDICAL

Swansea striker Jamal Lowe is having an AFC Bournemouth medical this morning after the two clubs agreed a deal late last night worth £1.5m.

Lowe scored 15 goals in 53 appearances last season for Swansea."

When we signed Lowe, I said it was with one eye on the potential resale. £800k for a winger when we didn’t play with wingers seemed a lot at the time.

I got the same feeling about the Whittaker and Piroe transfers. Same kind of ball park figures, both players with the potential to be worth a lot more with a good season or two behind them. Could argue the same about Downes, although Martin clearly wanted him.

I thought Lowe would have been worth a lot more than £1.5m after last season though. Bet Bournemouth play him on the wing and he does well.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:08 - Aug 31 with 1135 viewsmajorraglan

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 08:51 - Aug 31 by exiledinenglandjack

Going to Bournemouth 1.5m rising to 2m according to Stuart James

If he doesn’t fit in to Martin’s plans and will be surplus to requirements, it’s £1.5m in the bank. If he does fit in to Martin’s plans, but it’s a case of having to sell to balance the books etc it’s not a great state of affairs.

With Grimes and Roberts in the last year of their contracts, club needs to sort out the position with them.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:08 - Aug 31 with 1134 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:02 - Aug 31 by angryjack

Great deal not worth that

I would have liked a bit more, however he's not good enough to play this year. He's 27. £2M to reinvest.
Thanks, but goodbye.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:16 - Aug 31 with 1102 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:08 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

I would have liked a bit more, however he's not good enough to play this year. He's 27. £2M to reinvest.
Thanks, but goodbye.

Agreed. He had two purple patches last year but not a lot else. Maybe being played out of position wasn’t doing him any favours but in fairness his goal return under those circumstances was decent.
Glad to have the money but like Builth says we’ll know at 11 pm whether we’ve been conned by the board or not.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:17 - Aug 31 with 1101 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:08 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

If he doesn’t fit in to Martin’s plans and will be surplus to requirements, it’s £1.5m in the bank. If he does fit in to Martin’s plans, but it’s a case of having to sell to balance the books etc it’s not a great state of affairs.

With Grimes and Roberts in the last year of their contracts, club needs to sort out the position with them.

I think it's pretty clear that he's not in RM's plans this year.

I'm thankful to Lowe for a decent time with us. I was never fully convinced by him, but he's done quite well. Adapted and worked very hard IMO.
Hope he does well at Bournmouth (not against us).

Local paper confirming the fee:
https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/19547601.cherries-agree-1-5million-fee-s

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:38 - Aug 31 with 1018 viewspencoedjack

Thanks for the memories Jamal

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:45 - Aug 31 with 997 views34dfgdf54

We need to pray Martin knows what he’s doing here and there are players lined up who are up to task.

This squad is now a relegation probability squad for me
Login to get fewer ads

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:46 - Aug 31 with 986 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:45 - Aug 31 by 34dfgdf54

We need to pray Martin knows what he’s doing here and there are players lined up who are up to task.

If there’s no additions by 11 and we’ve given CR away then yes. And it would feel like an inside job robbery.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:49 - Aug 31 with 974 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:45 - Aug 31 by 34dfgdf54

More than that, we have to hope this is Martins doing. If this turns out to be a deadline day like Potters first, we’re in trouble.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:50 - Aug 31 with 966 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:46 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

If there’s no additions by 11 and we’ve given CR away then yes. And it would feel like an inside job robbery.

I agree, but I also think there is almost no chance we won't be bringing anyone in.
There's been plenty of talk out-loud, by people at the club, including the manager. He seemed very confident of signings and that was without the extra money from these sales.
We will be fine.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:53 - Aug 31 with 947 viewsFireboy2

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:49 - Aug 31 by jack247

More than that, we have to hope this is Martins doing. If this turns out to be a deadline day like Potters first, we’re in trouble.

I'm hoping against hope that it won't turn out like that but hour by hour it could turn out like that unless the club don't pull their finger out.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:57 - Aug 31 with 923 viewsjack247

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:53 - Aug 31 by Fireboy2

I'm hoping against hope that it won't turn out like that but hour by hour it could turn out like that unless the club don't pull their finger out.

I don’t think it will. I’m probably just overreacting because all the talk this morning is about players leaving not joining.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:00 - Aug 31 with 914 viewsWhiterockin

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:57 - Aug 31 by jack247

I don’t think it will. I’m probably just overreacting because all the talk this morning is about players leaving not joining.

Sometimes you just need to move players out before bringing players in. If they haven't signed they haven't gone and you can't spend what you don't have.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:04 - Aug 31 with 884 viewsFireboy2

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 09:57 - Aug 31 by jack247

It's natural to feel like that mate
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:06 - Aug 31 with 875 viewsFireboy2

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:00 - Aug 31 by Whiterockin

Sometimes you just need to move players out before bringing players in. If they haven't signed they haven't gone and you can't spend what you don't have.

That's the name of the game WR, you don't want to show your hand whilst buying, the problem I have is that we could leave it too late because we are being greedy re sales therefore miss out on the players Martin wants.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:07 - Aug 31 with 875 viewsDr_Winston

Goes double when the outgoing players are claimed not to be able to play the style we want to play.

We could hold out for more money for Lowe but what's the point? We just end up with less cash and a player who apparently serves no purpose.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:08 - Aug 31 with 862 viewsjack247

I know. But selling key players from last season for knock down prices either suggests desperate fund raising to bring in the players Martin wants, or a firesale.

I’m confident it’s the former, based on the amount we were happy to spend on Piroe and Downes.
Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:31 - Aug 31 with 808 viewsPBJ

Looks like he is away to Bournemouth

Can't believe we accepted 2M for him though.

Always go with the Facts.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:32 - Aug 31 with 802 viewsWhiterockin

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:08 - Aug 31 by jack247

I know. But selling key players from last season for knock down prices either suggests desperate fund raising to bring in the players Martin wants, or a firesale.

I’m confident it’s the former, based on the amount we were happy to spend on Piroe and Downes.

Lowe apart it looks to me like cashing in while you can on players on their last year of their contract. Nothing wrong with that, it just shouldn't have come to this, contracts should have been sorted out earlier.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:35 - Aug 31 with 774 viewsPBJ

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:32 - Aug 31 by Whiterockin

Lowe apart it looks to me like cashing in while you can on players on their last year of their contract. Nothing wrong with that, it just shouldn't have come to this, contracts should have been sorted out earlier.

But 1.5M ~ 2M is just too cheap

Don't u think?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:39 - Aug 31 with 746 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I understand many would expect more for a player who scored 14/15 goals last season. However, he's clearly not in the new manager's plans. He isn't good enough to play the centre forward role and we do not operate with wingers, the position Lowe has proven to play best at.

What's the point of keeping him here on the bench / U23s for a season? If £1.5m is the highest offer we've received from two bidding clubs, then unfortunately it is £1.5m we will have to take.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:46 - Aug 31 with 720 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:08 - Aug 31 by jack247

Or simply selling players that do not fit in the new style and won't play, as the Doc mentioned.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:48 - Aug 31 with 711 viewsjackrmee

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:35 - Aug 31 by PBJ

But 1.5M ~ 2M is just too cheap

Don't u think?

If it means being able to replace him with a player that will fit, then any price will do.
Otherwise he may not move at all.
Then we don't get anyone in.
I think of it as a swap deal. Although I understand it's not 100%, as we haven't got the replacement in yet.

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:49 - Aug 31 with 694 viewsPBJ

Jamal Lowe to Blackburn on 10:46 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Or simply selling players that do not fit in the new style and won't play, as the Doc mentioned.

I thought he kept the ball tidy upfront

We gonna need that Scot player if he is going

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024