Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Racism in Cricket 21:39 - Nov 18 with 5323 viewswimborne_dale

Feeling somewhat mortified by all the recent revelations.
What a contrast with the way it was back in the 60s and 70s. Who remembers Farohk Engineer playing for Lancs? And of course the great Clive; he was so proud to play for Lancashire. And there was Lord Constantine of Trinidad and Nelson in the County Paletine of Lancaster, a title chosen to honour his place of birth and the kindness of the people who had received him in Lancashire.
Where's it all gone wrong?

Edgar Allan's Crow

Racism in Cricket on 20:03 - Nov 19 with 1481 viewsAtThePeake

Racism in Cricket on 19:45 - Nov 19 by nordenblue

It's clearly fine and we all know full well what will happen, it will be swept under the carpet,would you like a wager regarding him facing the same sanctions for his own racist comments, the exact ones he's now banging on about others as being so wrong?

It's amazing how all the folk he's mentioned are all instantly guilty with their names plastered all over the show without even having a chance to give their side first, is that how a "fair" legal process operates?

Obviously he won't face the same sanctions because these are very different incidents. There isn't one blanket punishment for every single use of racist or bigoted speech because the details of each case are judged individually, as is the case with anything like this.

Tangled up in blue.

Racism in Cricket on 20:30 - Nov 19 with 1414 viewsnordenblue

Racism in Cricket on 20:03 - Nov 19 by AtThePeake

Obviously he won't face the same sanctions because these are very different incidents. There isn't one blanket punishment for every single use of racist or bigoted speech because the details of each case are judged individually, as is the case with anything like this.

Thats great then, we can all wait and see the punishment he receives then too, whilst it appears his list of previous misdemeanours grows by the day I'm sure it will be proportionate to the offence....I won't hold my breath.

Be interesting to see where the £200k ends up too.
Racism in Cricket on 21:29 - Nov 19 with 1345 viewsDiddyDave

Racism in Cricket on 19:24 - Nov 19 by Brierls

I don’t think DiddyDave will have the bollocks to answer that, ATP. Not truthfully anyway. His posts tell you all you need to know, unless he’s just massively misunderstood…

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/278242/4315572/tony-collin
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 19:30]

Thank you mate, I was trying to find the right word to sum this all up. Bollocks, very apt.
Racism in Cricket on 21:48 - Nov 19 with 1306 viewsBrierls

Racism in Cricket on 21:29 - Nov 19 by DiddyDave

Thank you mate, I was trying to find the right word to sum this all up. Bollocks, very apt.

I was right though, you haven’t answered. Daft racist.
Racism in Cricket on 22:34 - Nov 19 with 1242 viewskel

Racism in Cricket on 21:29 - Nov 19 by DiddyDave

Knowing Brierls as I do, I very much doubt he’d like to be referred to as “mate” by a known racist bigot.

Call it a gut feeling if you will.
Racism in Cricket on 22:40 - Nov 19 with 1229 views442Dale

This thread is depressing. Instead of intelligent analysis and acceptance of an obvious problem there’s a lot of ‘whataboutery’. And I hate that word.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Racism in Cricket on 22:46 - Nov 19 with 1213 viewsR17ALE

Racism in Cricket on 22:40 - Nov 19 by 442Dale

This thread is depressing. Instead of intelligent analysis and acceptance of an obvious problem there’s a lot of ‘whataboutery’. And I hate that word.

It is. But it made me dig up this gem!

It's a long enjoyable watch from a completely different era.

I shudder to think how the younguns will respond.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024