Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newport County (h) Match Thread 11:51 - Dec 17 with 16510 viewsHullDale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:17 - Dec 17 with 7125 viewsdillydaley

Come on Dale fans, last game before Christmas , last thing the team needs is a silent stadium, get yourselves down and support the boys. At 20-25% capacity it will be a lot safer than going shopping
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 14:49 - Dec 17 with 7021 viewsDaleiLama

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:17 - Dec 17 by dillydaley

Come on Dale fans, last game before Christmas , last thing the team needs is a silent stadium, get yourselves down and support the boys. At 20-25% capacity it will be a lot safer than going shopping

Are you referring to physical health or mental health?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:23 - Dec 17 with 6955 viewsHullDale

Game ON.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 17:05 - Dec 17 with 6838 viewsdillydaley

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 14:49 - Dec 17 by DaleiLama

Are you referring to physical health or mental health?

Haha, note I didn’t say it would be more enjoyable than shopping

Edit. Might be last game we can go to for a while
[Post edited 17 Dec 2021 17:07]
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 18:19 - Dec 17 with 6713 viewsAtThePeake

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/56538

Tangled up in blue.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 21:18 - Dec 17 with 6473 viewsD_Dale

A couple of points of interest from the Newport preview:

Newport go into Saturday's trip to Rochdale off the back of back-to-back wins, but have three new absentees for the game.

Two comeback wins in succession, 3-2 at home to Sutton and 2-1 against Port Vale, also at Rodney Parade have County in good form and 4th in the table ahead of the trip to Spotland.

County will be without striker Alex Fisher though who has tested positive for COVID on a Lateral Flow test and is awaiting the result of a PCR.

Scot Bennett has an undisclosed injury that will keep him out as a precaution while Kevin Ellison has sustained facial injuries.

Rochdale have been in a tough run of form recently and are without a win in six in all competitions and their latest league win came back on October 30 thanks to a 2-1 triumph at Barrow.

Jimmy Keohane is the only absentee for the hosts though, with everyone else available for selection for Robbie Stockdale.

Rochdale are currently 20th in the home table with 11 points from a possible 30 while County are 6th in the away table with 16 points from 11 games.

County striker Dom Telford will be hoping to score in the ninth successive game for him with his 14 goals having him top of the League Two scoring charts while Rochdale's main man in-front of goal is Jake Beesley with seven.

Newport have not won at Rochdale since 1977, but it is worth noting that the two teams have only met in Rochdale four times since then.

The last meeting between the two sides was a 2-1 Newport win on the final day of the 2013-14 season with Aaron O'Connor and Kevin Feeley goals earning the comeback win after Rochdale took the lead in the first half.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:13 - Dec 17 with 6349 viewsTVOS1907

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 21:18 - Dec 17 by D_Dale

Newport go into Saturday's trip to Rochdale off the back of back-to-back wins, but have three new absentees for the game.

Two comeback wins in succession, 3-2 at home to Sutton and 2-1 against Port Vale, also at Rodney Parade have County in good form and 4th in the table ahead of the trip to Spotland.

County will be without striker Alex Fisher though who has tested positive for COVID on a Lateral Flow test and is awaiting the result of a PCR.

Scot Bennett has an undisclosed injury that will keep him out as a precaution while Kevin Ellison has sustained facial injuries.

Rochdale have been in a tough run of form recently and are without a win in six in all competitions and their latest league win came back on October 30 thanks to a 2-1 triumph at Barrow.

Jimmy Keohane is the only absentee for the hosts though, with everyone else available for selection for Robbie Stockdale.

Rochdale are currently 20th in the home table with 11 points from a possible 30 while County are 6th in the away table with 16 points from 11 games.

County striker Dom Telford will be hoping to score in the ninth successive game for him with his 14 goals having him top of the League Two scoring charts while Rochdale's main man in-front of goal is Jake Beesley with seven.

Newport have not won at Rochdale since 1977, but it is worth noting that the two teams have only met in Rochdale four times since then.

The last meeting between the two sides was a 2-1 Newport win on the final day of the 2013-14 season with Aaron O'Connor and Kevin Feeley goals earning the comeback win after Rochdale took the lead in the first half.

Ellison was attacked last weekend on the players' night out and suffered facial injuries!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 23:58 - Dec 17 with 6238 viewsD_Dale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 22:13 - Dec 17 by TVOS1907

Ellison was attacked last weekend on the players' night out and suffered facial injuries!

I'd missed that, but the BBC report is quite full (though no mention of police inquiries being assisted by a Mr Joey Barton):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59698286
Login to get fewer ads

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 09:53 - Dec 18 with 5957 viewsmikehunt

Was it versus Newport that Vincenti scored that screamer, in off the post? Worth seeing again if so (please TVOS )

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 09:57 - Dec 18 with 5947 viewsHullDale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 09:53 - Dec 18 by mikehunt

Was it versus Newport that Vincenti scored that screamer, in off the post? Worth seeing again if so (please TVOS )

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:14 - Dec 18 with 5890 viewsDaleiLama

Pretty awesome shift being put in by the Trust today (several tweets in thread).

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:25 - Dec 18 with 5851 viewspioneer

Where does the 3 games in 6 days RS and the interviewer keep referring to come from? Sunday to Saturday is 7 days.

Even if you want to take it as far as hours, The bristol rovers game didnt kick off until more than 6 full 24 hour periods had passed since the end of the plymouthgame, i.e. the seventh day.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:28 - Dec 18 with 5846 viewsJames1980

It has dawned on me a few YouTube videos convinced me 3232 was/is the way forward and that is the sort of evidence some other crackpots use for their theories Here are said videos

The chaps voice is a tad soporific.

For today I'm wondering if 4 5 1 Chelsea in Mourinho's first stint there style of play might work. EOC could definitely do a job at CDM. Andrews/Beesley holding the ball. I'd reckon we are more likely to pull that off than trying to replicate the 'Total Football' style of the likes of Man City et al

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:36 - Dec 18 with 5809 viewsMass_Debater

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:25 - Dec 18 by pioneer

Where does the 3 games in 6 days RS and the interviewer keep referring to come from? Sunday to Saturday is 7 days.

Even if you want to take it as far as hours, The bristol rovers game didnt kick off until more than 6 full 24 hour periods had passed since the end of the plymouthgame, i.e. the seventh day.

Does it really matter?
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:50 - Dec 18 with 5758 views1949er

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 21:18 - Dec 17 by D_Dale

With the news Kevin Ellison has a facial injury, my question is, how can you tell

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 11:51 - Dec 18 with 5575 viewsTVOS1907

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 10:25 - Dec 18 by pioneer

If only they had included the word "full" before the word "days"!

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 12:49 - Dec 18 with 5358 viewsfrenzied

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 11:51 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

If only they had included the word "full" before the word "days"!

could be a very short EFL show on quest tonight !!!
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:15 - Dec 18 with 5263 views1949er

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 12:49 - Dec 18 by frenzied

Even shorter match of the day

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:16 - Dec 18 with 5258 viewsmikehunt

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 09:57 - Dec 18 by HullDale

Thanks for that HD. Wow!Still one of my all time favourite Dale goals.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:21 - Dec 18 with 5238 viewsfrenzied

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:15 - Dec 18 by 1949er

Even shorter match of the day

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 13:32 - Dec 18 with 5186 viewsTVOS1907

16 games, I think. Easily stretch it to an hour.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2021 13:33]

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 14:09 - Dec 18 with 5003 viewsHullDale

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 14:48 - Dec 18 with 4769 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What's the betting we will still be last on?
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:04 - Dec 18 with 4676 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good start......now hold on lads.
Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:12 - Dec 18 with 4572 viewsNigeriamark

Newport County (h) Match Thread on 15:04 - Dec 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

Good start......now hold on lads.

Cracking goal. Long ball forward & the Ball falls to grant just outside the box. Looks as if he will shoot but he lays a short pass to Beesley. Instead of blasting it he side foots home from 20 yards. Absolute class & cool finish
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024