Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Undisclosed fees 15:05 - Jan 8 with 2644 viewsTomRAFC

With transfer rumours beginning, I'd like to take the chance to preempt the tiresome comments about undisclosed fees, which rear their heads every transfer window.

They wouldn't be so bad, if they weren't usually a pre-cursor to whiny comments about "typical Rochdale".

At every level, in modern football most fees are undisclosed. Unless you'd like would-be buyers to know our price, wanting to know because you'd "like to" is not a good enough reason for either club to release that information.

They often come out eventually. Sometimes they might even be accurate.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 15:09]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Undisclosed fees on 15:07 - Jan 8 with 2626 views442Dale

Yep. CBA finding that BBC article again that proves that point as well. Who knows, maybe the club will agree deals which are us release the info in agreement with buying clubs, but if so we will become an exception.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Undisclosed fees on 16:49 - Jan 8 with 2384 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Can I presume that all of the BOD Inc our Trust rep will be in agreement to any sales, and therefore they should be decent deals, basically meeting our Club's valuation.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Undisclosed fees on 17:06 - Jan 8 with 2294 views1907

Undisclosed fees on 16:49 - Jan 8 by foreverhopefulDale

Can I presume that all of the BOD Inc our Trust rep will be in agreement to any sales, and therefore they should be decent deals, basically meeting our Club's valuation.

The problem is the clubs realistic expectation of a fee is always going to be significantly less than some fans expectations, because they don’t live in the clouds or on FIFA. Regardless, it’s a lose, lose situation in my book. Whatever we sell for will never be enough.
Undisclosed fees on 17:09 - Jan 8 with 2263 viewsseasidedale

Ever since I was a kid, fees in football are alway undisclosed, the fees are newspaper estimates, fees only appear if the buyer agrees to disclose , then the seller can report it, so daLe are doing nothing new
Undisclosed fees on 17:15 - Jan 8 with 2225 viewsTomRAFC

Undisclosed fees on 16:49 - Jan 8 by foreverhopefulDale

Not sure about the trust rep, but otherwise yes. The club made a statement saying we don't need to sell, that we'll only sell if all valuations are met, and that all money from sales will go into the transfer budget.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Undisclosed fees on 20:29 - Jan 8 with 1917 viewsEllDale

I think that it’s a lot harder to value transfer fees these days.
Add-ons are the things that muddy the waters.
A deal can be quoted as being worth a million pounds but the player has to play for England in a leap year to make this happen.
VAT can make a massive difference as well if a gross or a net figure is being bandied about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024